Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues adding to the cart on the web store? How am I supposed to spend the rest of these GabenBux if I can't add anything to my cart?!?!?! :whee:
Never was able to add anything else to my cart. fuck So much for waiting until the last minute to make final purchases.

Obligatory Haul post:

Amazon:   Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition

GMG:  Mafia 2 Complete, Adventurer Manager

Steam:

Cheapo Games:  (Caster, Rush, Waveform, Revolution Ace, The Hat Man, Bad Rats, Morphopolis, Survivor Squad)

Developer Alliance 4 pack

Lilli: Child of Geos

Sir, You are Being Hunted

Nidhogg

Dark Scavenger

Child of Light

Valiant Hearts

State of Decay Year One Edition

Europa Universalis DLC (2 main, 6 music/cosmetic)

Crusader Kings 2 DLC (1 main, 2 music/cosmetic)

Banished

Age of Empires 2 HD + Forgotten Expansion

Goat Simulator

Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Gat Out of Hell

Dragonball Xenoverse

Cities in Motion 1 DLC collection

Just Cause 1 and 2 + DLC Collection

A New Beginning - Final CUt

7 Days to Die

This War of Mine

HyperDimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 + DLC

Brutal Legend

Monster Loves You!

I can't really say I enjoyed the clicking game a lot. At least it became consistent and always giving me 2 cards when I started it up at the end

I did like the sales that came from it as they were generally smaller games and such. I will post my haul a little later, but overall I liked this Steam sale. 

Waveform is 96% off at 19 cents. It's been in a few bundles, and I think it's been this price before, but given its price, the fact that it's gotten good reviews, and that it has cards I thought it was worth mentioning, especially since nothing else this week stands out at all. After cards the game is probably a couple of pennies.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who own Rust, you might like this.

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/613048750882312193
They should make the amount of games and badges that the player owns affect the size.

'Cause you know, big e-peen.

A little late to the party, but here's my haul post...

Sorted by price

Gas Guzzlers Extreme 
LEGO Indiana Jones
Metro 2033 Redux  
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Valkyria Chronicles™ 
Goat Simulator + GoatZ
Banished
Child of Light   
Valiant Hearts: The Great War 
Fight the Dragon
EU4 DLCs
Sky Mercenaries
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
King's Bounty: WoTN DLC
Arma 3 Karts
PlayWay's Sim Bundle
Mafia II DLC
Dino D-Day DLC
Serious Sam The Random Encounter
HARD TRUCK APOCALYPSE: ARCADE  
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia
The Albino Hunter
Camera Obscura + Soundtrack
Despair 

I think I spent ~$60, all of it was steambux except for Gas Guzzlers. Pretty good sale for me, I've only played Valiant Hearts and Banished so far, and they're both really good.

My Steam Sale haul.  Because y'all really wanted to know now that the prices are gone and it can't inspire any further purchases.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted Steam  1.99 USD
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Complete Pack  8.79 USD
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year  8.79 USD
Defense Grid 2 Special Edition  5.99 USD
Legend of Korra  3.59 USD
The Wolf Among Us  6.24 USD
Killer is Dead  3.99 USD
Hatoful Boyfriend Collector's Edition  2.24 USD
Valkyria Chronicles™  4.99 USD
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative  1.99 USD
GameMaker: Studio Professional NEW 10.14  24.99 USD

Me Final Haul:

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum  

Lux Delux

Solar War 

Fallout 2 Bethesda

Interplanetary 

AI War: Destroyer of Worlds    

Space Hulk Ascension - Dark Angels

Space Hulk Ascension - Salamanders

Space Hulk Ascension - Imperial Fists

Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado  

Space Hulk Ascension Edition

Space Hulk - Ultimate Pack 

Ironcast

Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

Craft The World

I am Bread

SUNLESS SEA

Road Redemption 

This War of Mine

Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal

Front Office Football Seven

Homeworld Remastered Collection 

Ziggurat

So with the Steam sale over we can go back to our usual on-topic discussions.

I have a new CPU/MOBO I need to install.  An AMD FX-6300 that I want to overclock to 4.5 GHZ.  Neuro recommended the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO and I was ready to buy then I checked the size and I don't think it will fit my case.  My case is 5 inches in height and that doesn't include the mobo raisers and a little clearance at the top so I'm thinking I need something that tops out at 3-4 inches?  Not sure if there are any good, cheap coolers out there in that size range that would allow OCing.  So far most I see are in the 5-6 height range. Looking to spend 30-40 max.  Otherwise I might just install the factory one and avoid OCing for now until maybe I get a new case. 

So the douche at Buka Entertainment did a contest called Jurassic Quest, where you had to look through their games and images and find all of the Boo-Bukas (little Downs Syndrome dinosaurs) and he specifically stated that entries must be submitted by comments on his profile. I was the only one to get the correct guess out of the profile comments, but I didn't win. Some other asshat with a Steam level of 325 won.

I looked through all of that bundle fodder for nothing. Russian bastard can't even follow his own rules.

I have a new CPU/MOBO I need to install. An AMD FX-6300 that I want to overclock to 4.5 GHZ. Neuro recommended the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO and I was ready to buy then I checked the size and I don't think it will fit my case. My case is 5 inches in height and that doesn't include the mobo raisers and a little clearance at the top so I'm thinking I need something that tops out at 3-4 inches? Not sure if there are any good, cheap coolers out there in that size range that would allow OCing. So far most I see are in the 5-6 height range. Looking to spend 30-40 max. Otherwise I might just install the factory one and avoid OCing for now until maybe I get a new case.
What about a closed-loop water cooler?

I feel left out so I'll post my Haul this sale too!

Steam

RAGE
RAGE The Scorchers DLC
Left 4 Dead Bundle
ORION: Prelude
Halo: Spartan Bundle
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW
Antisquad: Tasks near the coast of Somalia. Tactics DLC
Antisquad: Tasks in Mexico - Final. Tactics DLC
Soul Gambler: Dark Arts Edition
Antisquad: Tasks in North Korea. Tactics DLC
Despair
PlayWay's Sim Bundle

Goat Simulator + GoatZ

From CAG seller

Rainbow Six 3: Gold
Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition

I have a new CPU/MOBO I need to install. An AMD FX-6300 that I want to overclock to 4.5 GHZ. Neuro recommended the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO and I was ready to buy then I checked the size and I don't think it will fit my case. My case is 5 inches in height and that doesn't include the mobo raisers and a little clearance at the top so I'm thinking I need something that tops out at 3-4 inches? Not sure if there are any good, cheap coolers out there in that size range that would allow OCing. So far most I see are in the 5-6 height range. Looking to spend 30-40 max. Otherwise I might just install the factory one and avoid OCing for now until maybe I get a new case.
I'd say use the stock cooler (or maybe a Big Shuriken) with no OC if you keep your case. The 6300 is kind of a power hog and will heat up when OC'ing and with the chips relatively low thermal threshold, an adequate amount of cooling is recommended. Ideally, I'd say get a case with more room.

Edit: You might get away with a mild 4.0GHz OC on the Shuriken. Here's a review if you want to read up. (I own one myself.)

you should wait until you get a new case.

I hate that alienware site.  Tells me I am using the wrong password despite it being saved in my browser from the last giveaway.  So I click on the reset password option and get the email, follow the link to the password reset and it does nothing.  I put in a new password in both fields and then It just goes back to the pick a new password screen.  No error message saying I need more characters or it is too short or too long, it just doesn't work.  

Can anyone link me to instructions on how to redeem an itch.io key?

Super Star Path from Groupees Greenlight 25 has put their steam keys on the itch.io page. Unfortunately, I can find NOWHERE on the itch.io website that allows you to redeem itch.io keys, nor can I find any sort of FAQ that explains how to do so. Stupid developers... just give them to poopees. :evil:

Super Star Path from Groupees Greenlight 25 has put their steam keys on the itch.io page. Unfortunately, I can find NOWHERE on the itch.io website that allows you to redeem itch.io keys, nor can I find any sort of FAQ that explains how to do so. Stupid developers... just give them to poopees. :evil:
1. Make an itch.io account

2. Go to your groupees profile and search for "Super Star Path" under games

3. Go to the itchi.io link and claim key

4. Go to "My Purchases" on your itch.io account, and then click on claimed keys

5. Click download, and it'll go to a page where you can get your steam key

i think all you need to do is create an itch.io account and log in to it

then just go to the link groupees gives you..it should ask if you want to link it to your account..hit yes and it takes you to the page and you can get your key

*spodered

I hate that alienware site. Tells me I am using the wrong password despite it being saved in my browser from the last giveaway. So I click on the reset password option and get the email, follow the link to the password reset and it does nothing. I put in a new password in both fields and then It just goes back to the pick a new password screen. No error message saying I need more characters or it is too short or too long, it just doesn't work.
They must have scavenged that old pentium system I took to recycling the other day and set it up for this giveaway.

I guess dinosaurs ARE the new zombies.

Thanks. I signed up for an account after seeing the itch.io key box at Groupees. I never noticed that the KEY is actually a link you have to copy and paste. It wouldn't kill itch.io to drop a hint or two on their website for those of us that like to overlook small details. :oldman:

I'd say use the stock cooler (or maybe a Big Shuriken) with no OC if you keep your case. The 6300 is kind of a power hog and will heat up when OC'ing and with the chips relatively low thermal threshold, an adequate amount of cooling is recommended. Ideally, I'd say get a case with more room.

Edit: You might get away with a mild 4.0GHz OC on the Shuriken. Here's a review if you want to read up. (I own one myself.)

you should wait until you get a new case.
Yeah, I might just have to do that. I haven't been really happy with my current case from the time I bought it. It's too small for me to put anything powerful in it, but it's too big to really be an HTPC. Not the wisest purchase on my end. I might end up getting a new cheapy case to OC and match it with a proper cooler and then either temporarily convert the current one to an HTPC until I can get a smaller/better case.

bread's done
Back