Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Selling 1 copy of Killing Floor 2 from group buy for $16.50!

PM me if you want it.

Someone PLEASE take this off me. I've had it left over since I did a group buy for the game on day one of its appearance in the store. 

fuck it, I bought Mad Max + Ripper DLC for $17. wats wrong wit me
Don't be it. It's fun, looks good, runs well. Really easy to get into. The intro let's you off the leash quite a bit and doesn't last 100 years (I'm looking at you Metal Gear, but hey, horeshit!).

You'll probably actually play Mad Max, at least for a bit. Plus that's a crazy price for a new release AAA game.

Ain't no shame in dat game.

A russian trader on my friend list. Supposedly he buys them from GMG
H5HOMkI.png

:whistle2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why this wasn't announced anywhere... Abyss Odyssey's got a free weekend right now.

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/639523496100364288

Mad Max is $15.60 from Russian Gamersgate.  Probably the source of the sub-$20 keys.  It doesn't look as though there's a RU/CIS specific retail key.

Mad Max is $15.60 from Russian Gamersgate. Probably the source of the sub-$20 keys. It doesn't look as though there's a RU/CIS specific retail key.
Yeah, the only region that's locked is Japan, it should activate anywhere else. I have a feeling they'll eventually replace the ROW keys with locked ones though.

Mad Max is $15.60 from Russian Gamersgate. Probably the source of the sub-$20 keys. It doesn't look as though there's a RU/CIS specific retail key.
If they really come from GamersGate then you should keep an eye out in case they revoke it. There's little chance, but you know them...

Is it still stupidly easy to buy Blue Coins then hola/vpn of choice over to Rus/Ukr and buy shit from them or is there any truth to the rumors on Reddit that they are starting to bust people true?

$15 for that game is just insane. And some around here might even have some Blue Coins still collecting dust.

If they really come from GamersGate then you should keep an eye out in case they revoke it. There's little chance, but you know them...
I don't think they'd revoke the keys just because, assuming it was legitimately paid for and the guy selling them is making a $3-$5 profit per key.

Obviously if they were bought via stolen accounts or something that's another story but I'm guessing -- purely guessing -- that most of them were bought "legitimately" and they're making up the money in volume. 100% speculation on my part, though.

Is it still stupidly easy to buy Blue Coins then hola/vpn of choice over to Rus/Ukr and buy shit from them or is there any truth to the rumors on Reddit that they are starting to bust people true?
No idea. I didn't try buying it, I was just being nosy about where Spoder's source was potentially getting his stock from.

You can gift blue coins.  Seems like it'd be somewhat trivial to gift them from your US account to some shill RU account.  I don't know if they look for that or not.

You know, thinking about it. If Gamersgate is making a profit selling those Russian keys for $15 then Greenman and Funstock are shady is fuck for selling those keys for $27-$30. Worse than G2A and CDkeys.com even because they are ripping people off much more while still trying to maintain a reputation of being legit but also screwing Warner over big time by pimping out Russian keys to the whole damned world just because they aren't locked.

I mean it's one thing if people go out of their way to cheat the system on Gamersgate but it's another if the stores themselves are doing it. And I'm sorry but there's just no damned way those stores paid US/EU prices for those keys and are selling them that low.

I mean it's one thing if people go out of their way to cheat the system on Gamersgate but it's another if the stores themselves are doing it. And I'm sorry but there's just no damned way those stores paid US/EU prices for those keys and are selling them that low.
They probably did, though. I mean, they likely signed a contract which says they will pay a specific price for X keys at NA price, Y keys at RU price, and Z keys at EU price.

But at the same time, they sell some games in NA for way higher prices than Europe for no reason at all.

Truth is we don't know how these contracts work. Just ask GOG / CDPR.

Well I know for a fact that Funstock gets their keys from a "source" which they won't reveal and isn't the publishers.

As for Greenman, that Witcher 3 incident proved they have no qualms about going around a publisher and sourcing keys from a third party.

Well, regardless of where they came from, I just joined the Mad Max Club.  Also broke my G2A cherry with Cities Skylines Deluxe.  Bougth a global key, mine is marked Korea, but we'll what that means (think it just means I get to DL the Korea language pack too).

Also, Fakeybro'ed Lego Worlds and will Fakeybro Rocket League once GMG misses me again and sends me another 30% off voucher.  

And then I think that'll be the end of my game buying for a long, long time (meaning whenever another shitty zombie game comes out).  

I don't doubt at all that Funstock is getting them from some RU source.  I sort of want to think that GMG is getting them more legit but I'm not basing that on anything.

How much was Cities? I may go to the G2A Korean side if cheap enough. :twisted:
lol, spoder just asked and this is what I said:

Cheaplikeafox: Paypal says 11.71 for the deluxe
Cheaplikeafox: G2A is a bunch of bullshit.
Cheaplikeafox: Like I added a 5% off code
Cheaplikeafox: and it only took off like 3-4%
Cheaplikeafox: and then at checkout it added a bullshit payment fee
Cheaplikeafox: I guess if you don't use their bullshit G2A pay or whatever

Not that it matters much for the extra buck or two but the Deluxe edition is pretty pointless since all it adds is a couple extra parks/buildings and there is about eighty-eleven bajillion parks and buildings for free download from the Steam workshop.

Not that it matters much for the extra buck or two but the Deluxe edition is pretty pointless since all it adds is a couple extra parks/buildings and there is about eighty-eleven bajillion parks and buildings for free download from the Steam workshop.
Yeah, the hoarder in me still went for it even though I doubt I'll use the extra buildings.

Anyone happen to know if more stat wipes are on the board for KF2?
They haven't done any and have announced that they will not be doing any stat wipes.

How close to completion is Killing Floor 2?
The number of maps have doubled since release and they have released 6 of the 10 planned perks so far. More weapons are planned. The game itself is very polished, though they are still tweaking skill trees and various aspects of the game -- quite a lot, actually.

I'd say it's not far off from being in a state most people would call "finished" but we all know Tripwire will probably release more content as time goes on. I would not be surprised to see KF2's official map count hit 20 at some point.

Yeah, the hoarder in me still went for it even though I doubt I'll use the extra buildings.
At least they're useful. I'm still irrationally pissed about how lame the Deluxe Edition content was for DA:I and that was going on a year ago.

fucking stupid horse thing with a stupid-ass nail in its head...

Oh shit, dat Arkham Knight "it's so great it'll cure aids and feed the world's homeless" patch is out.

I just fakey'd STASIS from Brazil and I don't even care for point-n-click games. i do like horror, though.

EDIT:

The BRL exchange rate is pretty high at 3.67

They haven't done any and have announced that they will not be doing any stat wipes.
Oh, nice. Thanks for the heads up on that. Was under the impression they were knocking back XP at some point which seemed silly for something like Killing Floor but would none the less annoy me. Probably pick up a copy if a group buy forms, then.

Oh, nice. Thanks for the heads up on that. Was under the impression they were knocking back XP at some point which seemed silly for something like Killing Floor but would none the less annoy me. Probably pick up a copy if a group buy forms, then.
Yeah, the internet felt exactly the same way and collectively threw a fit. It wasn't worth a fight and TWI agreed, for everyone's sanity, that there would be no wipe.

I just fakey'd STASIS from Brazil and I don't even care for point-n-click games. i do like horror, though.

EDIT:

The BRL exchange rate is pretty high at 3.67
I did too. It's way cheaper in Carmen Miranda land. Plus I think the idea of an isometric horror point and click is interesting. Most of them are cartoony jokey crap with puzzles that have nothing to do with the damned game.

Now I just need to actually make myself play Stasis. :p

Why are you people buying Cities?!? Have you not heard how much the games physics suck!?!?  Do I need to really pull out the soap box?  

It's been a long day at work... all I wanted was to get some sleep before I went out and joined all the other nerds waiting for store openings so I could buy my mint in box Star Wars action figures that'll get thrown into a dark box and never exposed on the possibility that they somehow miraculously improve in value due to a manufacturing defect while ignoring that China made about 10000000000 duplicates and probably quite a few knock-offs using the same mold.

I just tested the Arkham Knight patch and well, it did seem to improve things for me just a tad. I set things at low textures and low shadow quality (same as before) and textures look slightly better now.

I set the game to run at 30 FPS, though, so I'm used to low framerates. I have no idea how well the game runs on more powerful hardware. My CPU is an i7 3770, but my video card is a 2 GB R9 270x so that's keeping things kinda slow.

Oh and the game now warns me my video card driver is outdated... when it really isn't. But I'm not installing a beta Catalyst driver...

Who the fuck is fixing this game? Monkeys? And how the heck bad was it to begin with that it's taking this long? Feels like they should just rebuild the whole damned thing at this point if it's that much of a train wreck.

So apparently tebow is bribing people with gifts to try to get them to rejoin tebow chat. Maybe I'll add a shitload of games to my wishlist and readd him to my friend list.
I told him he had to buy me something.

I marry Ashley Miler!: ulocm ococ
I spank Blue Pants eggo waffle!: lol spoder told me you would buy me something
I spank Blue Pants eggo waffle!: where is my present tebow
I marry Ashley Miler!: spoddy lies loll but if it on ur wishl ist on slae then i buy but let me fin u r acocunt

I marry Ashley Miler!: wel ur lsit sucks

EDIT: Thanks for the game, tebow and spoder. ;D

I am having the hardest time going back to MGS V. It's totally bizarre to have this feeling considering I wanted the game SOOOOOO fuck ing bad, but I'm all "maybe later-ish".

There was this girl in high school, who I would've fought Tyson to sleep with. Then at a gettogether, I totally had the opportunity, BUT she pulled off her shoes and her toes were long. Like, only slightly shorter than her fingers long. She brushed her foot against me and my skin crawled, so I pretended to pass out.

It's kind of like that.

I read that, checked it and seems to not be the pre order edition, plus it has the RU tagged on URL, which is a often way to tell you it's locked.

Did you see the same?

There's no region locked version in the Steamdb as far as I can tell. And they haven't even given those of us who did pre-order that damned car yet AFAIK. I don't think there was any difference for the pre-order keys either. I would guess at some point soon they will give everyone who has the game registered the ripper and then not for those who buy/activate after.

bread's done
Back