Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't think I can stand playing console versions of the BL series anymore. The graphics are muddy, slow loading, sub-30fps, narrow FOV. The list goes on.  The only reason I played it because my brother bought a PS3 two years ago. We just decided to play for some time that came "free" for PS+ members. With this triple pack release, you're getting triple the suckage in terms of performance and fun factor.

Think of all the suckers who will buy that Borderlands pack and lose out five years from now when they sell the collection of 1, 2, pre-sequel, and 3!

Since there was only the one DLC it might be an issue where there's no big drive to drop the price of the base game for awhile.

Not sure where to post this but my son wants a Alienware Alpha machine.. I don't know much about them, thoughts on them would be great. Also does Dell usually put these on sale? I see that Dell has $100 off the I5 or I7 one right now. Thanks for the help.

Reposting from another thread, not Steam but cheapass PC games on the Windows 8/10 store.
There is currently a huge sale on Windows 10 games with $0.10 games on the Windows Store.

10 Cent games I found that are Xbox Enabled:
Hitman Go
A World of Keflings
Disney Fairies
4 Elements II
Bejeweled Live
Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Space
Assassin's Creed Pirates
Reckless Racing Ultimate
Ilomilo Plus
Rayman Fiesta Run
Monster Island

Gravity Guy

Shark Dash

Rabbids Big Bang

Hydro Thunder Hurricane

There are also many other non-xbox games which are 10 cents.

Not sure where to post this but my son wants a Alienware Alpha machine.. I don't know much about them, thoughts on them would be great. Also does Dell usually put these on sale? I see that Dell has $100 off the I5 or I7 one right now. Thanks for the help.
They are OK if you can get one for less than $300 and set expectations for performance accordingly. I wouldn't get higher than the i3 model since the video chip is the real bottleneck and not upgradable. A full desktop & upgraded video card is really the way to go if that's an option.

They are OK if you can get one for less than $300 and set expectations for performance accordingly. I wouldn't get higher than the i3 model since the video chip is the real bottleneck and not upgradable. A full desktop & upgraded video card is really the way to go if that's an option.
What could I look at, Im fine spending between 600-700.. He wants to play steam games and pc games.. I really appreciate your help...Thanks..

There's some help threads in the PC subforum here.  Not that I care if we talk components in this thread but someone might, I guess.  Is there a reason he specifically wants an Alienware Alpha?  They don't have particularly favorable specs and you could do better buying a more traditional desktop tower than something whose main draw is a pretty little box.

Assuming you don't want to put your own system together, I'd agree with SteelWill that a desktop+video upgrade could be your best bet.  Or you might find a good price on a prebuilt "gaming system" from Newegg/Tiger Direct over the holiday weekend.  Another option could be one of the customizing places like iBuyPower or CyberPower

What could I look at, Im fine spending between 600-700.. He wants to play steam games and pc games.. I really appreciate your help...Thanks..
If you're comfortable doing the upgrade work this is a pretty good deal at the current $409:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014QVM2KO

That leaves about $300 for the video card and power supply, which should (mostly) cover something like a Radeon 290/390 or Geforce 970 and the PS to push it. If you need something fully prebuilt I think there are HP's you can configure with a 960 or 970 that come out for a decent price if you can catch a good discount special. Beyond that I'm not sure what the reasonably priced prebuilt options are.

Edit: Yeah, probably best to take this to the subforum, I'd hate to clutter this thread with posts not about ARK or orifice pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
real-passport-name.jpg

It's a different one so not that one filled with annoying self righteous you're-a-peeins with double standards.

Format is still 1990s retro hipster nerd shit though, admittedly.

There's also an X-Com sale at Nuuvem but if your PayPal address is in the US, you won't be able to buy anything. I don't suppose anyone here can help me out? I just want to buy the X-Com stuff I'm missing.

Hey, bros!

Will be starting my Extra Life stream in a few hours, but the next two people to donate five bucks or more get to be in THE HUNGER GAMES ROUND TWO! After that, anyone who donates has to wait for round three, so hurry up!

The link to donate is right here! Leave your steam profile in the note box so I can find you and add you to THE HUNGER GAMES ROUND TWO! Top donator gets to be Katniss! (You can be Peeta if you want, but he is super short!)

And I'll be doing the stream right over here on Twitch.

I know for sure I will be playing some Rake (thanks, Fox!) and ARK (thanks, Brut!), and Killing Floor 2. Any other games you'd want to watch some weird nerd play online? 

If you're comfortable doing the upgrade work this is a pretty good deal at the current $409:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014QVM2KO

That leaves about $300 for the video card and power supply, which should (mostly) cover something like a Radeon 290/390 or Geforce 970 and the PS to push it. If you need something fully prebuilt I think there are HP's you can configure with a 960 or 970 that come out for a decent price if you can catch a good discount special. Beyond that I'm not sure what the reasonably priced prebuilt options are.

Edit: Yeah, probably best to take this to the subforum, I'd hate to clutter this thread with posts not about ARK or orifice pictures.
As most of us know from benchmarks, other users, and whatnot - really hard to go wrong with those R9 290's+390's and GF 970 (or better).

If anyone is looking to go with a 960 for some reason, one should just spring for 4GB version and catch it in a sale. I've seen 4GB 960 recently on sale at around $190 or so on NewEgg on sale.

It will be interesting to see any vid-cards hit even lower at during these upcoming Black Friday sales.

There's really just too many higher-end AAA games since the new console-gen dropped and newer (i.e. PC versions of Watch Dogs, Batman AK, ACU, The Evil Within, etc) that are eating easily over 2GB VRAM usage at High to Ultra settings at 1080p, if you are aiming for that. This is my personal experience talking here with that 4GB 960.

I just want to say Gods Will Be Watching is a crime. The author is a dope and a complete moral retard who thinks "stop a genocide vs don't stop a genocide." is a choice that is going to give anyone pause.

Worse still, the plot itself is a travesty. Here's how it goes without actually spoiling a damn thing:

"Hey, here's a story about a space empire, terrorists, biological weapons, survival, heroism, and sacrifice."

"Cool."

"Wait no that plot doesn't mean anything. Instead it's a story about a man with a very strange fate."

"Alright then, that's cool. Kinda like D4 I can deal with that."

"Wait no that plot doesn't mean anything."

"... okay then what plo--"

"THE END."

"what"

"ROLL CREDITS"

I'm kind of eyeing that new R9 380X that was just released, but I'm not sure it's enough of jump from my 3-year-old Sapphire 7950 3GB Boost. All of the newer AAA games seem to run well at 1080p at the moment. Maybe some black Friday deal might sway me to that, something better or a comparable Nvidia card. The timing to upgrade couldn't be better.

I'll be honest, I really just want to upgrade for bigger and more detailed explosions in Just Cause 3

For those with the Steam Link. How do you like it? Feeling too lazy to lug my PC into the living room, but I miss playing couch co-op with the wifey.

I just want to say Gods Will Be Watching is a crime.
The author is a dope and a complete moral retard who thinks "stop a genocide vs don't stop a genocide." is a choice that is going to give anyone pause.

Worse still, the plot itself is a travesty. Here's how it goes without actually spoiling a damn thing:

"Hey, here's a story about a space empire, terrorists, biological weapons, survival, heroism, and sacrifice."
"Cool."
"Wait no that plot doesn't mean anything. Instead it's a story about a man with a very strange fate."
"Alright then, that's cool. Kinda like D4 I can deal with that."
"Wait no that plot doesn't mean anything."
"... okay then what plo--"
"THE END."
"what"
"ROLL CREDITS"
That's what you get for playing 2deep4u Indie games instead of just idling them for cards.

[/spoiler]

That's what you get for playing 2deep4u Indie games instead of just idling them for cards.
I get that you've been granny period levels of cranky lately, Motoki, but did you really have to [customspoiler="break the site?"]
Screen_Shot_2015_11_20_at_8_56_48_PM.png
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=GAH!]
Screen_Shot_2015_11_20_at_8_59_24_PM.png
[/customspoiler]

[/spoiler]

It wasn't SUPPOSED to be 2deep4u. It was supposed to be a space adventure with genocide and torture and secret missions against terrorists and saving all your crew from starvation and a manly fist fight for the fate of billions of people!

Only an indie dev could fuck that up!

Steam controller, mah boy!
It isn't as comfortable to use as typical controllers. I only used it for 40 minutes or so and it was a bit too different from standard controller layouts. My thumbs still hurt a bit after stopping.

Materials are nice and the configuration utility seems cool, but I'd rather just go into a game and be set to play than experiment with the community crowd sourced configs. They seem useful, but I don't think a perfect config scheme will improve many games outside of genres that are usually dramatically better with a mouse. Maybe worth grabbing if you like certain genres heavily and would prefer to try with a controller, but I'd wait and see a bit longer to see a second hardware revision or have it go on sale.

I pretty much agree with this Steam Controller review: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/gaming/games-consoles/controllers/valve-steam-controller-1212868/review

More impact of the new Steam Refund policy being felt, as gamers across the world went "wtf is this garbage?!" and got their money back.
Now, more than ever.. developers can FINALLY be held accountable for rushing shitty games to market.

p.s. game is removed from Steam so jump on the grey market and grab a Steam key.  IT IS GONE.. FOREVER, GUYS!!!

Afro Samurai 2 Removed From Stores, Games Canceled, Refunds Issued
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/afro-samurai-2-removed-from-stores-games-canceled-/1100-6432449/

What

the

fuck

talkin
bout

Willis

Seriously sometimes you make less sense than Tebow Agentghost

Edit: Okay you edited to make more sense but you're still special.

If you're willing to put in $700 like you mentioned earlier you can build your own and it will absolutely demolish the alpha.

Also /r/buildapc is an extremely helpful subreddit

Believe it or not PCMR has gotten better too. When I built mine I had some trouble as a first time builder, a random user on there had just gotten off a 12 hour shift and helped me with my problems. Super nice and friendly dude.

Got into the OVAHwatch weekend beta test.  Played a bit.  Meh.  TF2 with an excessive amount of characters/classes.  They're really ramming home the SJW aspect -- every gender/race/nationality you can think of including a slightly chubby gal and a gorilla.  You only have one weapons (sometimes a secondary one), two abilities, and an ultimate.  The presentation is very Street Fighter/Japanese Brawler-esque.  I'm sure it's not terrible but nothing I would pay $40 for when better free alternative exist.

bread's done
Back