Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So Time Titties is up on Steam. I know you were all waiting.

ss_dba6acd343ab4caa81adf842efb2b7fc9bb6b502.1920x1080.jpg

*Edited to add: John Harker and Jimbodan were on top of that shit and already got it wishlisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to say Gods Will Be Watching is a crime. The author is a dope and a complete moral retard who thinks "stop a genocide vs don't stop a genocide." is a choice that is going to give anyone pause.

Worse still, the plot itself is a travesty. Here's how it goes without actually spoiling a damn thing:
I've played games that have made me wish for a genocide button. I guess that makes me a bad person.

It isn't as comfortable to use as typical controllers. I only used it for 40 minutes or so and it was a bit too different from standard controller layouts. My thumbs still hurt a bit after stopping.

Materials are nice and the configuration utility seems cool, but I'd rather just go into a game and be set to play than experiment with the community crowd sourced configs. They seem useful, but I don't think a perfect config scheme will improve many games outside of genres that are usually dramatically better with a mouse. Maybe worth grabbing if you like certain genres heavily and would prefer to try with a controller, but I'd wait and see a bit longer to see a second hardware revision or have it go on sale.

I pretty much agree with this Steam Controller review: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/gaming/games-consoles/controllers/valve-steam-controller-1212868/review
Its really awkward at first, but the biggest thing with it is that it has a learning curve. Its definitely not a plug and play type of controller where you just fire it up and go at least if its your first tackling a specific game with it. Each game has its own quirks with it and obviously your own preferences will come into play. I really like it after HATING it at first, but its such a unique controller that if you put the time into it you can tell what Valve were aiming for with it.

That review is pretty decent, but this one I linked I think hits it on the head for my own perspective.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/10/we-hate-valve-steam-controller-because-its-different/

I just want to say Gods Will Be Watching is a crime. The author is a dope and a complete moral retard who thinks "stop a genocide vs don't stop a genocide." is a choice that is going to give anyone pause.
Yeah that's ridiculous. Obviously I wouldn't stop the genocide and what's even worse is you only get the choice to not stop ONE genocide. If the author wanted to make a good game it would be a genocide simulator called Gods Will Be Watching Multiple Unwarranted Genocides. 0/10 would not play

Yeah that's ridiculous. Obviously I wouldn't stop the genocide and what's even worse is you only get the choice to not stop ONE genocide. If the author wanted to make a good game it would be a genocide simulator called Gods Will Be Watching Multiple Unwarranted Genocides. 0/10 would not play
I'll bet the dev didn't even give you the option to stop space genocide with hugs. Where's the realism, huh? SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF HAS LIMITS, TOO.

Fry's got deals on EVGA NVidia vid-cards.

Codes are in the e-mail and link provided from there.

4GB 3.5GB GeForce GTX 970 with ACX Cooler 2.0+ = $270 [after promo code + $30 mail-in rebate]

This is both in-store + online deal & ships free

4GB GeForce GTX 960 SSC = $160 [after promo code + $30 mail-in rebate]

This is an In-store deal only.

Weiler and I hooped it up last night in Freestyle2 for 3 to 4 hours and YCag joined us for a while too. Had some losses, but also some really good showings. YCag kept reminding me that as a Power Forward I'd be blacklisted for shooting threes, but I just can't stop. It would kill my dream of becoming Dirk Nowitzki.

It's up on GMG for $46 $43.20 with voucher. (code: INDEED-INDEED-INDEED)

In other never-gonna-get-a-good-sale news, Lightning Returns now has a release date. No price listed on Steam but GMG has it at $19.99. Same code also works on that, making it $16. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And also, Hotline Miami 2 is $4.50 on Steam with alienware coupon...still way too much.
And here it might get it to 2$. Anyone with a Hotline Miami coupon they won't use? Might bite at that price. Thanks!
Edit: Thanks a lot Motoki!

If you guys want to play a real genocide simulator, play EU4. There's something so satisfying about invading another country, beating them into submission, stripping them of all their material wealth and prestige, and watching them get torn apart by their neighbors who smell blood in the water.

Even better to do it to North/South American or African nations, because you can literally send a couple of boats with a few thousands people to completely demolish them. Oh, and don't forget to plunder the Aztec/South Africa gold mine, and any new territory you conquer should be "culture converted" to that of your nation, cuz we don't need no stinkin' natives here. Not exactly the right timeline, but bonus points if you conquer all of India as Britain, or preventing your South American colonies from declaring independence as Spain/Portugal.

For those with the Steam Link. How do you like it? Feeling too lazy to lug my PC into the living room, but I miss playing couch co-op with the wifey.
I think it is awesome. I got one for a buddy. We hooked it up to their gigabit switch, it connects really easily to the gaming PC. We used 4 wired 360 controllers via a powered USB hub. We played BroForce, Speedrunners, D&D Mystara and a few others. Every game ran smoothly. Steam Big Picture takes some getting used to as far as navigation. Overall, totally worth the $50 in my opinion. I think the first night we put in close to 5 hours of couch gaming with 4 of us there, and time went by really fast. Definitely brings back memories of Goldeneye on the N64.

A couple of days ago when Syndicate launched, I noticed I was getting really abnormal temperature readings, my CPU was spiking into the 80s (Celcius!) b/c of that damn game. At first I thought it was the game itself, but I noticed my temps getting high in games that are considered to be optimized well (as well as idles in the high 30s) but I had never really needed to look or pay close attention (system never shut down or anything like that). I decided to go ahead and get a cooler (I was on stock AMD prior). I got it today (CoolerMaster Hyper TX3) and while the thing was an incredible pain in the ass to install because of the stupid AMD retention bracket and just in general cumbersome-ness, once I got it on that same game that gave me a prior high of 82 C, gave me a high of 45 C and idles in the 20s which is normal for me.

When I took the stock AMD cooler off, I noticed the thermal paste was terrible (I havent changed it in over a year), so that likely was playing a part in someway. I applied new paste and finally got the cooler installed after about 45 minutes lol. Needless to say this cooler is a great purchase so far. $20 and comes with everything you need. I dont care about overclocking and my case is smallish so I didnt have a lot of choice, but the TX3 was well regarded. So thanks Ubi, for making the game a beast and opening my eyes a bit.

A couple of days ago when Syndicate launched, I noticed I was getting really abnormal temperature readings, my CPU was spiking into the 80s (Celcius!) b/c of that damn game. At first I thought it was the game itself, but I noticed my temps getting high in games that are considered to be optimized well (as well as idles in the high 30s) but I had never really needed to look or pay close attention (system never shut down or anything like that). I decided to go ahead and get a cooler (I was on stock AMD prior). I got it today (CoolerMaster Hyper TX3) and while the thing was an incredible pain in the ass to install because of the stupid AMD retention bracket and just in general cumbersome-ness, once I got it on that same game that gave me a prior high of 82 C, gave me a high of 45 C and idles in the 20s which is normal for me.

When I took the stock AMD cooler off, I noticed the thermal paste was terrible (I havent changed it in over a year), so that likely was playing a part in someway. I applied new paste and finally got the cooler installed after about 45 minutes lol. Needless to say this cooler is a great purchase so far. $20 and comes with everything you need. I dont care about overclocking and my case is smallish so I didnt have a lot of choice, but the TX3 was well regarded. So thanks Ubi, for making the game a beast and opening my eyes a bit.
Out of personal preference I've never used the stock fans/heatsinks since they never seem to work well for gaming PCs. Cooler Master makes some great and decently priced options for those that don't want to mess with liquid cooling. I've been using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for the past several years and it's worked great, even when overclocking my CPU. You made a good call.

Stocker Coolers Suck!
Yeah, I definitely agree. Even a paste replace does wonders. I had an HP laptop that kept overheating even after multiple warranty repairs so after it fell out of warranty I opened it up and replaced the stock paste and thermal pad with Artic Silver and it's been years and it hasn't overheated since.

I need a monitor mount....but should I wait for BF is the question.  There are a few dual monitor mounts for $40

Weiler and I hooped it up last night in Freestyle2 for 3 to 4 hours and YCag joined us for a while too. Had some losses, but also some really good showings. YCag kept reminding me that as a Power Forward I'd be blacklisted for shooting threes, but I just can't stop. It would kill my dream of becoming Dirk Nowitzki.
i never said u cannot shoot 3s as power forward, but not at lvl 7, only if u get special outfits n cards that give + attributes to 3 point stats. and if u are lvl 50. u need atleast 190+ stats in 3point attribute to shoot a consistent of 3 pointers.

also me n weiler played again this afternoon. weiler is becoming a beast center in rebounding atleast. but he is too ball hoggy, instead of letting the pg handle the ball duties. he likes to dribble to the rim as a center, and which to balls stolen by the opposing guards. and trying to dunk every time he gets the basketball, and having his movement stopped before getting to the rim, also getting his dunks blocked alot. LOL

Screw cooler master. Too many leaks. I'll stick with 10 fans. You can barely hear them, and when you DO it's time to replace them for 5-7 bucks.
It's a good bet that his Hyper TX3 won't leak. Seeing as how, you know, it's an air cooler.

I used to have a 212 Evo but eventually switched to a Corsair water cooler because my system was starting to sound like a jet turbine. Not because of the 212, but all the other fans I had in there plus the three GPU fans.

Its really awkward at first, but the biggest thing with it is that it has a learning curve. Its definitely not a plug and play type of controller where you just fire it up and go at least if its your first tackling a specific game with it. Each game has its own quirks with it and obviously your own preferences will come into play. I really like it after HATING it at first, but its such a unique controller that if you put the time into it you can tell what Valve were aiming for with it.

That review is pretty decent, but this one I linked I think hits it on the head for my own perspective.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/10/we-hate-valve-steam-controller-because-its-different/
I can see some of the potential, but I don't believe this particular controller layout will be sticking around too long. When you need to be pressing face buttons regularly, the shape of the device and distance are too awkward for long sessions. I'm sure I could eventually get used to slight aches, but I avoid hand pain whenever possible. It seems to me like the design is not polished enough for a typical gamer to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The second hardware iteration may actually be really worth using; at the moment, it's just another input device to try and support to get featured on Big Picture's storefront.

It's a good bet that his Hyper TX3 won't leak. Seeing as how, you know, it's an air cooler.

I used to have a 212 Evo but eventually switched to a Corsair water cooler because my system was starting to sound like a jet turbine. Not because of the 212, but all the other fans I had in there plus the three GPU fans.
Maybe a different case would have worked too? I have a 212, 3 140mm fans, and the gpu has 2 fans on it and its completely silent. So im guessing its the fractal case making all the difference

I think it is awesome. I got one for a buddy. We hooked it up to their gigabit switch, it connects really easily to the gaming PC. We used 4 wired 360 controllers via a powered USB hub. We played BroForce, Speedrunners, D&D Mystara and a few others. Every game ran smoothly. Steam Big Picture takes some getting used to as far as navigation. Overall, totally worth the $50 in my opinion. I think the first night we put in close to 5 hours of couch gaming with 4 of us there, and time went by really fast. Definitely brings back memories of Goldeneye on the N64.
Update on SteamLink: Tonight we did Gauntlet, Lethal League, Nation Red and Brawl. All ran without issue and much fun was had.

I see some complaints on the Steam community, but I think a lot of issues can be alleviated by having a good PC, a good wired network, and using supported controlllers.

Update on SteamLink: Tonight we did Gauntlet, Lethal League, Nation Red and Brawl. All ran without issue and much fun was had.

I see some complaints on the Steam community, but I think a lot of issues can be alleviated by having a good PC, a good wired network, and using supported controlllers.
Is my Dualshoch3 a supported controller?

s-l500.jpg

Valve Is Changing Steam Sales
"games will just be at their lowest prices for the duration of the sale. No daily deals or flash sales, whatsoever. After rumblings that Valve will be changing the way it conducts Steam sales for the upcoming autumn and winter sales, Eurogamer confirmed it by way of a notice Valve sent out to Steam developers and publishers"  (kotaku)

What the...?

Did we know about this...?

Valve Is Changing Steam Sales

"games will just be at their lowest prices for the duration of the sale. No daily deals or flash sales, whatsoever. After rumblings that Valve will be changing the way it conducts Steam sales for the upcoming autumn and winter sales, Eurogamer confirmed it by way of a notice Valve sent out to Steam developers and publishers" (kotaku)

What the...?

Did we know about this...?
10989178_10153241564946052_2341577776632241602_n.jpg

bread's done
Back