Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I really wish the prices would have been better this sale. It seemed like the only games that were 75% or more off were obvious bundle fodder or base games only with tons of DLC. I wasn't planning on getting much but I ended up caving in and getting stuff at lesser discounts as well as stuff we all know will get bundled soon. I feel dirty :(

My Haul from Steam:

X-Com Complete Pack
Risk Factions
Starpoint Gemini 2: Titans
The Escapists  DLC
Craft The World
Freedom Pack

Legend of Grimrock Bundle
Endless Legend Expansion Set
The Talos Principle - Road To Gehenna DLC
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Massive Assault Collection
Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming - Time Goddess' Treasure Pack
Half Minute Hero Bundle
Fairy Fencer F + (DLC pack from Retroism)
Apollo4x
LISA
LISA the Joyful
This Starry Midnight We Make
Super Time Force Ultra

Evil Genius
Dead State
Deathtrap
Winged Sakura: Mindy's Arc
This War of Mine

From Indie Gala:

Starpoint Gemini 2

Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera

Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord

Please, Don't Touch Anything

The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead Deluxe

Lifeless Planet, Bedlam, and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY as my freebies.

Last edited by a moderator:
My post are seasonal so I will not spoiler (use the END key on your keyboard) and without further ado:

STEAM XMAS SALE:
Dropsy
The Talos Principle
The Lost Battalion: All Out Warfare
OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
Furfly
Iron Warriors
Ghost Master
Oknytt
Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt For Truth
GTGD S2 Just One Dev
Rocko's Quest
Back To Life 2
Hippocampal: The White Sofa
Run For Rum
Back To Life 3
Awe
Monument
A Sirius Game
The Forgotten Forest
The Deed
Space Pilgrim Episode One: Alpha Centauri
Dungeonbowl
Aarklash: Legacy
Agricultural Simulator 2012
Desert Gunner
Disciples Sacred Lands Gold
Aggression - Reign Over Europe
Amazing Princess Sarah
Parcel
Front Page Sports Football
Rainbow Hero
Fruits Inc. Deluxe Pack
Unlimited Escape 3 & 4 Double Pack
ARK: Survival Evolved
Monochroma
Costume Quest 2
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Sniper Elite 3
Mega Coin Squad
Suguri Collection
Nova-111
Tembo The Badass Elephant
Pneuma: Breath of Life
Freedom Pack
Shadow Harvest (NA)
Death Rally
Collapse

GIFTS
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (From Wifey)
HuniePop (From Blade thanks again)

I bought 46 games from the steam sale and added 106 games from Dec 22 to today my +1 has definitely slowed down.

Still can't decide on Axiom Verge, I know it'll get bundled eventually.. but I don't know if I want to wait a year
Well, if you're not going to buy me GTA V at least you can take one for the team an buy Axiom Verge so it gets bundled quicker. ;)

I think I'll pass on GTA V... I've waited this long, have a backlog of stuff I just got (and intend to play) and there is other games much cheaper that I know I would play before GTA V.

Hell, Axiom Verge got such a great Metroid vibe to it I think I would rather have it than GTA V.

my December haul (since steam sale wasn't cutting it):

wolfenstein 3d, return to castle wolfenstein & mortal kombat komplete (greenman)

tomb raider 2013 & spelunky (CAG members)

mount & blade warband (steam :whistle2:( where I sold those winter cards to get it for almost half off)

I can't suggest the PC version of GTA V enough. I've had it since launch and I'm on the verge of starting another playthrough. I'm not a fan of online because I'm a controller nerd and the controller only lobbies tend to be sparse. Its just so well done and Rockstar deserves praise for the job they did in creating a really great PC version espc after the disaster of GTA IV on PC. Its my quasi-GOTY, but since its an older game I can't really count it, but as far as PC games of 2015, it was the leader of the pack in almost every respect. It runs on 10 year old potatoes and if you have a mid-range rig or better it will almost always run at 60 FPS or better depending on your settings. For the price it is now on Steam, while yes it will go lower at some point if you plan on playing it in the near future, just get it. I had avoided all spoilers and even trying it out minimally for the consoles prior to its PC release so it was a completely new game for me beyond having watched a few mayhem videos.

If enough have it, its a great contender for a couple of Bronights as well.

I can't suggest the PC version of GTA V enough. I've had it since launch and I'm on the verge of starting another playthrough. I'm not a fan of online because I'm a controller nerd and the controller only lobbies tend to be sparse. Its just so well done and Rockstar deserves praise for the job they did in creating a really great PC version espc after the disaster of GTA IV on PC. Its my quasi-GOTY, but since its an older game I can't really count it, but as far as PC games of 2015, it was the leader of the pack in almost every respect. It runs on 10 year old potatoes and if you have a mid-range rig or better it will almost always run at 60 FPS or better depending on your settings. For the price it is now on Steam, while yes it will go lower at some point if you plan on playing it in the near future, just get it. I had avoided all spoilers and even trying it out minimally for the consoles prior to its PC release so it was a completely new game for me beyond having watched a few mayhem videos.

Ok, ok, I bought it. You don't need to convince me anymore.

Steam Christmas Sale haul:

Life is Strange (Ep. 1)

Final Fantasy V

Q-Bert Rebooted

Outlast

Ys VI

Gunpowder

Craft the World

Evoland 2

Euro Truck Sim 2 - Scandinavia + other DLC

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro Last Light Redux

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox

MX vs ATV Reflex

Also Got the Humble Monthly bundle for January. (Huge disappointment. Already had Talos)

Only thing left in my cart is Talos DLC - Road to Gehennas. May or may not get before sale ends.

Other games wanted but didn't pull trigger on:

Ruzar

Kerbel

Pillars of Eternity

Tales of Zestiria

Ark: Survival Evolved

I can't suggest the PC version of GTA V enough. I've had it since launch and I'm on the verge of starting another playthrough.
Are the story missions better than typical Rockstar affair... You know..? Filler to pad the length of the game.

By far my favorite Rockstar title was/is Max Payne III as it didn't waste your time doing 10 favors from one guy to get him to do one minor thing for you.

Are the story missions better than typical Rockstar affair... You know..? Filler to pad the length of the game.

By far my favorite Rockstar title was/is Max Payne III as it didn't waste your time doing 10 favors from one guy to get him to do one minor thing for you.
I really enjoyed a lot of the missions especially once it starts getting into the heists in the storyline. It adds another dimension to GTA games and even adds elements of choice in how a particular mission is handled i.e. more stealth or more guns blazing. While sure, there are filler missions, the sheer amount of things like side activities and such really add to it. I had 40 hours alone in my initial playthrough without playing everything. The map is huge and relatively diverse. I definitely liked the missions in this one more than the ones in IV. It helps that the characters are different enough and even likeable to a point. Even Trevor who is a fucking psychopath. I was noticing things like dialogue being stronger than in the past i.e. when Trevor gets to the city in the story, its one of the funniest arcs in a game I can recall. Its just a quality game and experience. Im really excited for Mafia III later this year and I hope it can come close to GTA V's diversity in terms of how "real world" open world can be handled.

what is ur steam id? maybe we can do some gta v heist. ur issue with controller does not pertain when u are playing in invite only lobbies. it is only a problem in public lobbies

I really enjoyed a lot of the missions especially once it starts getting into the heists in the storyline. It adds another dimension to GTA games and even adds elements of choice in how a particular mission is handled i.e. more stealth or more guns blazing. While sure, there are filler missions, the sheer amount of things like side activities and such really add to it. I had 40 hours alone in my initial playthrough without playing everything. The map is huge and relatively diverse. I definitely liked the missions in this one more than the ones in IV. It helps that the characters are different enough and even likeable to a point. Even Trevor who is a fucking psychopath. I was noticing things like dialogue being stronger than in the past i.e. when Trevor gets to the city in the story, its one of the funniest arcs in a game I can recall. Its just a quality game and experience. Im really excited for Mafia III later this year and I hope it can come close to GTA V's diversity in terms of how "real world" open world can be handled.
Yeah, GTA IV was a struggle to get through... If there wasn't achievements (played it on the 360) I doubt I would have finished it. Red Dead Redemption was also punishing in its filler story missions but was very enjoyable anyways. (Side activates are always great. You can skip those if you want.)

Mafia II is a great example of what I meant... but it sounds like GTA V is a big improvement in this area. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, GTA IV was a struggle to get through... If there wasn't achievements (played it on the 360) I doubt I would have finished it. Red Dead Redemption was also punishing in its filler story missions but was very enjoyable anyways. (Side activates are always great. You can skip those if you want.)

Mafia II is a great example of what I meant... but it sounds like GTA V is a big improvement in this area. Thanks for the info!
Mafia II is a really restrictive game in terms of open world. At least in GTA IV you can do whatever you want. GTA IVs biggest problems are a crappy protagonist (I hated Niko) which affect the eh story and technical problems. GTA V goes someway in eliminating that feeling about the protagonists and is technically fantastic + I just found it to be more immersive and fun than IV. That said I did enjoy IV on the 360 for the most part. I think they rushed it a bit, whereas V at least on the PC is a lot more polished in all respects. I also think the add ons for IV (The Lost and the Damned to a lesser extent and Gay Tony) were a lot more interesting than base game IV so at least those are options. There's rumors of a story add on for V later this year with Franklin as the main guy, since the dude who plays him was mo-capping and recording voice work late in 2015, but its all rumor atm.

I do wish the locations were reversed in IV and V, simply because I live in the NYC area so its got the whole familiarity thing going on. Other than the fact Liberty City in IV is a dead city, V does things like LA traffic jams (Ive lived there too) quite well if you have the population options jacked up to the max)

I didn't really consider Mafia 2 as an open world game. It's mostly linear, part of why I liked it.

I didn't really consider Mafia 2 as an open world game. It's mostly linear, part of why I liked it.
I dont disagree with this out of hand, but the complaints about Mafia II tend to start with its restrictiveness.

I am excited about the prospects of III though, late 60s New Orleans could be a lot of fun + a real open world.

I've looked over my wishlist over and over trying to find something to buy and I just can't pull the trigger on any of it.

I've looked over my wishlist over and over trying to find something to buy and I just can't pull the trigger on any of it.
I looked over other peoples haul posts cuz I'm too lazy to have a big wishlist.. and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on any of it. some1 help me pls

Windward? (trying to fill a 4 pack.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/326410

Besides that got the same feeling going on...

Tempted by Borderlands The Prequel + Pass (doubt I'll find it cheaper for both anytime soon) and Transistor... but I fear the later will be bundled soon.

Transistor seems headed to bundle territory.

I sort of want to play Styx but Focus already did that bundle with Of Orcs and Men so I wouldn't be surprised to see it bundled one of these days.  Besides, it'll probably drop to $5 on sale (or a new Focus bundle) when the Styx sequel comes out.

I own the BL:pre-Sequel Season Pass and have no memory of ever buying it.  :whistle2:k

Yea I would be up for that. I still havent played them, I probably need to level my guy up to be able to play them properly though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerbaderb/
my steam id is ycag22, also if u have never played gta online before. u have to finisih an online tutorial before u can play in lobbies with other players. i think u might need to be lvl 15 or 25 to do heist. because u need certains weapons/ heavy armor purchase in heist setup. because gta v online locks out weapons /armor based on ur lvl. so u have to be certain lvl to unlock it. i am lvl 56, i tihink. but i being playing on the console verson since it first released for the first 3 months.

Besides that got the same feeling going on...

Tempted by Borderlands The Prequel + Pass (doubt I'll find it cheaper for both anytime soon) and Transistor... but I fear the later will be bundled soon.
Wait for a Humble monthly, should be easy to find Transistor in a split. It'll be in either a Humble monthly or HIB (if those will still exist). Buying it at this point seems pointless to me.

Same lol.

I think Ive gone over it every day for the last 4-5 days and while I did get some "last minute" cheapos late last night in a fit of "I have to spend some of this Gabenmoniez" but nothing thats got an element of "pricy-ness" to it can I relent on. I'd say my two biggest lures are Project Cars and Sonic Lost World, but both have things against them. Project Cars being that the criticisms Ive read of it ring with me and Lost World being that its already 50% off after releasing in November. Im going to wait til both hit 75% before getting either as Im not moved to put time into either immediately.

Bought Dead Rising 3 at the buzzer.  Discount was... acceptable.  $12ish after crappy card monies from the 'promotion.'  Figure it won't go below $10 for another couple of years barring a Crap-com Humble with non-dated games.

Rest of my wishlist is Early Access titles or stuff with 50% or worse discounts.  That's a midweek/weekend deal.

Borderlands Pre-Sequel is a sub $10 buy for me.  It doesn't look particularly interesting compared to 2 which had far more content.  If I didn't pull the trigger on DR3 I probably would have bought the second level upgrade pack with card money.  Fun-ish enough game to loot grind in for higher level stuff.

You're all so lovably predictable.

:grouphug:

Sidenote - I'm really enjoying, but am being consistently punished by, Guild of Dungeoneering. Simple concept, well executed Darkest Dungeon-lite with just enough challenge to keep it interesting without being soul destroying. The learning curve is shallower than DD which is a blessing for me, although I really need to do some reading on strategies.

Good game, though. Very happy with it at 66% off.
I prefer Darkest Dungeon for 2 reasons over the GoD: beautiful, dark setting and interesting game mechanic.

GoD didn't pull me in due to its card-game nature and too-bright-and-colorful art direction. Totally break immersion for me.

"Missed Opportunity" is pretty much the best way to explain ANY digital product that Wizards of the Coast touches.
Magic the Gathering Online is a horrible joke. They revamped their website about a year back... and made it LESS functional.
They went to update their card search engine. And managed to break it for a while.

They few times they decide to do something smart and hire someone competent, they then think "Oh, we could do this just as well", bring the product back in house and manage to screw it up.
Yeah, I've heard about this. My only experience with them the last several years was through Duels, which I generally found positive enough to keep buying, but without a doubt the way this year's incarnation has been handled has been a total cluster fuck . It's amazing that the core of the game can continue to be such a good product with good updates while the company fails miserably in every other respect.

Ether One's calling my name, but it was in a high tier of a HB before. Plus it's on the Humble Store w/ DRM-free copy, so that's a sure sign for a numbered HIB.

I'm probably going to buy it, I'm just saving some of my purchases for last minute buys. Did Motoki post his haul? I'm trying to go over shit I might've missed but don't see his haul post

Still can't decide on Axiom Verge, I know it'll get bundled eventually.. but I don't know if I want to wait a year
I don't post hauls. I don't believe in them. I think they're like baby pictures. You think they're all important and special but no one else really gives a shit or wants to see it.

Anyway, I'm way less cheapass than you so I doubt my haul would do you much good.

Red Dead Redemption was also punishing in its filler story missions but was very enjoyable anyways.
Well now you've gone and done it and summoned MysterD

I'll send you an 11th hour PM as I've been wanted to get in on a Winward 4 pack for a long ass time now but never bothered because ya'll are too cheap and always wait for everything to be bundled whether or not it actually ends up getting bundled or how long that ever takes if it does.

Never mind, I already own it. For some reason the damned cookies kicked me out and I thought I was logged in but I wasn't. Now that I think about it, I think I did do a group buy with some random dude from Group Buys for it over the summer sale. Too much shit to keep track of. :p

Do you have the base game....? If not and you have no desire I can just buy the base game and send some paypal your way.
I own both. I got BL:TPS during the GameAgent "glitch" where you could pay in Aussie Dollars or some such for a lower price. I might have gotten the SP then but I don't remember doing so.

Edit: Ah ha... it was BL:TPS w/ SP for $15

since we are really doing this, my haul

Steam
Evil Genius
Star Trek
Q*bert: Rebooted 
Hard West 
Space Pilgrim Episode One: Alpha Centauri
Suguri Collection
12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull
Gundemonium Bundle
Killer is Dead 
Road Redemption
Ryse: Son of Rome
Space Siege
Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins 
Cheesecake Cool Conrad
I am weapon: Revival 

GreenMan
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Wolfenstein: The New Order

drops, freebies or gifts
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
Once Bitten, Twice Dead!
Hamlet Comp
After The End: The Harvest V0.08
gShift
Bernie Needs Love
Wimp: Who Stole My Pants?
Crystal Catacombs
Pahelika: Revelations HD
Clash of Puppets
Alpha Runner

And that got me to 1,400 games on steam!

I was more of a fakeybro with this Steam sale....

I did get BOI:R and Afterbirth (been playing enough on PS4....back to PC....will play at least). Also got Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM). Loved the ASCII version and want to play the updated graphics version.

Full haul below....let's see what gets played:

Steam

A Wizard's Lizard
ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Alphadia Genesis
Dungeon of the Endless™ - Deep Freeze Add-on
Dungeon of the Endless™ - Rescue Team Add-on
Freedom Pack
Hexcells Complete Pack
LISA the Joyful
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Juggernaut
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Necromancer
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Ubersoldier II
Undertale

GreenManGaming

Quell Collection
POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost
The Escapists

Indiegala

Bedlam (Bonus Key)
BLACKHOLE (hope this is decent)
Elven Legacy Collection (was missing all DLC and I kind of liked this game)
Cultures Northland & Eighth Wonder of the World (eh not sure why wanted a scratch off and got 39 Steps....)

Gifted Galak-Z on Steam...this is fun but hard.

Not a lot but I did fakeybro some indie games. The 3 higher priced games with less discounts (ADOM, BOI:R and BOI:A, Undertale) I know I like already or are highly regarded. 

Bought:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Craft the World

Craft the World is actually fun. Multiplayer just released, so there's not much info on it. Played one small map on it. First one (might have) glitched and the missus couldn't dig out of her area or build anything. Second game went smoothly, but ended up being too easy. We way over-prepped for the "boss."

Wish it was a little more polished, and allowed assigning one person as permanent logger, a la Warcraft/Starcraft style. But fun nonetheless.

The only thing I got this Steam sales was the Brave New World expansion for Civilization V, and that wasn't even me. My wife bought it to play with her brother and good thing it was 75% off...

Well, no last minute weak-kneed purchase of Borderlands: The Prequel here... I was busy filling my Windward 4 Pack order!  (I honestly had no hope in getting it filled...  Hell, I didn't think it would get filled if I had started it day one of the sale...  Let alone an hour and 10 minutes before closing time.)

Anyways, I hope its as cool as I think it could be...  I'm not big into MP games (this sounds stupid for someone with a 1920 hours in Marvel Heroes to say but its true) but hopefully the digital ocean will be as amazing as the real thing.  (There is, honestly, few things (if any) more amazing than the open ocean in an unlit ship at night.) 

bread's done
Back