Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Looks like Level 22 '2015 edition' (y no wen free?) owners got free Level22 2016 edition.

Time to idle some cards.

ps. Happy April fools.

Well, I personally don't understand all of this stuff that comes out on vinyl as special editions these days. Do people who aren't centenarians and professional DJs still have phonographs or turntables? IIRC, one of the first two BioShock fancy editions came with a record that probably nobody could play too.
Unbelievably, yes. Vinyl is the new in-thing, and there's a factory in the US that's mass-manufacturing cassettes again. I'll just stick to my FLACs.

Well, I personally don't understand all of this stuff that comes out on vinyl as special editions these days. Do people who aren't centenarians and professional DJs still have phonographs or turntables? IIRC, one of the first two BioShock fancy editions came with a record that probably nobody could play too.
Record players aren't as hard to find as you would think they should/would be... Target, at least a year or so ago, still sold them in store.

Their website still has a number of styles to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Record players aren't as hard to find as you would think they should/would be... Target, at least a year or so ago, still sold them in store.

Their website still has a number of styles to choose from.
I'm sure this just makes me a cantankerous old man, telling kids to get off his lawn, but this seems to be an appropriate place for one of spoder's famous dancing Y gifs.

I'm sure this just makes me a cantankerous old man, telling kids to get off his lawn, but this seems to be an appropriate place for one of spoder's famous dancing Y gifs.
I don't understand it either... I always thought maybe it was the baby boomers who were buying them...

(My Dad finally gave up on recording TV to a VHS a few years back. NOT because he saw the awesomeness that is the DVR but because he couldn't find a replacement or new tapes.)

GamersGate's version of April Fools is sending me an email letting me know that Bethesda titles are up to 80% off

8 tracks are where its at, you hipsters need to get with it!
Wax cylinder or GTFO

brownwaxedison.jpg

I like vinyl and buy a few new releases every year :whistle2:#

I made the top of the board once, it was magical.

Between the Origin IDs and the fact that the only voices I ever recognize are Fox & Spoder, I had little idea who was actually playing. That's pretty much par for me, though.
I'm SupremeLegacy on Origin and FissFiss on steam ;)

Yeah, Vinyl is the new in thing with hipsters and millenials.  Urban Outfitters and almost any music store sells those cheap Crosley turntables that look like suitcases or have polka dots and all the chicks buy one and a copy of their favorite indie record on vinyl and jam out in their PJs.  Stuff is getting re-released on 180 gram vinyl.  In fact, vinyl is the one physical music medium which has been showing growth while CDs continue to regress.  Now cassettes are just ultra hipster bullshit since the sound quality drops in them.  They also don't make very many cassette players nowadays so you have to risk it with some Goodwill deck you hope won't eat up your rare cassettes (happened to me once, sadface).

VHS is out though.  There's one factory in the world that still makes the VHS heads and they just re-brand them with other names that sell them but it's all the same thing.  

Vinyls were the new thing like ten years ago. Now all the cool kids are onto the next artifact of a bygone era: BluRays.

Every hipster is all, "It just sounds better on a BluRay, you know what I mean?"

No, you dumb velcro-shoed donkey! Get with the times!

Vinyl is pretty damn great. Add a good turntable, a decent amp and good speakers or headphones and nothing sounds better. I work in the recording industry and virtually everyone from artists to those of us on the technical side swear by it. The biggest problem with vinyl is storage. It takes up a lot of space and if you amass a collection its a bitch and a half to move. I live in the NYC area so space becomes an issue from the start, but I've quietly ramped up my vinyl collection over the past 10 years. Worst case scenario I cant store it anymore and I just sell it for a profit. Vinyl largely only increases in value cause hardcore collectors tend to be slightly insane.

The CD is largely on its deathbed. Its been trumped by digital in almost every respect. 

Vinyl is pretty damn great. Add a good turntable, a decent amp and good speakers or headphones and nothing sounds better. I work in the recording industry and virtually everyone from artists to those of us on the technical side swear by it. The biggest problem with vinyl is storage. It takes up a lot of space and if you amass a collection its a bitch and a half to move. I live in the NYC area so space becomes an issue from the start, but I've quietly ramped up my vinyl collection over the past 10 years. Worst case scenario I cant store it anymore and I just sell it for a profit. Vinyl largely only increases in value cause hardcore collectors tend to be slightly insane.

The CD is largely on its deathbed. Its been trumped by digital in almost every respect.
Maybe you should sell some of your vinyl and pay for some lessons in Chivalry so you won't suck as much next time.

You're all wrong and should feel bad. I only buy tinfoil cylinders and play them on my phonautograph because the quality is far superior to whatever you guys are talking about.

co-b.jpg

Can't wait for the new hit "Happy Birthday" to arrive by pony express.

If it's okay with you guys, I'm just going to stick with what I know.

What I know being [customspoiler="8th century hydraulic organs."]
hydraulic_organ_of_banu_musa_01.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Diablo III news update: Season 5 ends soon!

Season 5 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:

North America: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
    Asia: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 6 will be starting about two weeks afterwards at the following dates and times for each region:

North America: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
    Asia: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

I don't mind vinyl as much, but I think it's also a preference thing. I really disliked the snap, crackle, pop at times when it comes to heavily synthesized music. If there's a digital version of an album in 24bit/48kHz+, I'd rather get that instead.

So do you guys think we'll see Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 at $4.99 on Steam ever again? I remember last summer sale I was gonna buy them, but I hit my spending limit and told myself I'd wait till the winter sale. And ever since then they have only gone down to $9.99, multiple times... :(

So do you guys think we'll see Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 at $4.99 on Steam ever again? I remember last summer sale I was gonna buy them, but I hit my spending limit and told myself I'd wait till the winter sale. And ever since then they have only gone down to $9.99, multiple times... :(
I would say yes. You may ask why I say yes and to answer that question, I beat Dark Souls 3. Anything else you need help with let me know.

Vinyl has never really gone away.  It only really died around 2005 or so when club DJs started to go fully digital but there has always been a vinyl following.  Yes, now it is just annoying hipsters.  Vinyl is definitely not my thing but there are still some cool new releases.  Check out the cover art on this Looper Sountrack, it's amazing if you've seen the movie:http://mondotees.com/collections/music/products/looper-2xlp

Mondo does a fair amount of new vinyl releases which are mostly soundtracks from movies.  Usually they are promoted with new artist works, some of which are really nice. http://mondotees.com/collections/music?page=1

I get annoying notifications for these album releases and pre-sales because I buy LE art prints from Mondo. 

Maybe. After a certain point Ubisoft stops doing frequent 75% off sales on older games. The Prince of Persia games haven't been 75% off in years, for example. AC is more popular so it's hard to say.

Season 6 will be starting about two weeks afterwards at the following dates and times for each region:

who the fuck still plays diablo 3 except shut-in World of Warcraft couples that are still living in 2005 that are already divorced but don't realize it

Just bought this on the BBY sale to play the seasons and have gotten to all of level 15...

Vinyl has never really gone away. It only really died around 2005 or so when club DJs started to go fully digital but there has always been a vinyl following. Yes, now it is just annoying hipsters. Vinyl is defiately not my thing but there are still some really cool vinyl new releases. Check out the cover art on this Looper Sountrack, it's amazing if you've seen the movie:

http://mondotees.com/collections/music/products/looper-2xlp

Mondo does a fair amount of new vinyl releases which are mostly soundtracks from movies. Usually they are promoted with new artist works, some of which are really nice.

http://mondotees.com/collections/music?page=1

I get notifications for these album releases and pre-sales because I buy LE art prints from Mondo.
Hipster Level 100

CD audio is digital quality. MP3s are not. Saying "CDs have by trumped by digital" just sounds ridiculous. Especially when you consider yourself an audiophile lol.
He said "almost." Pretty sure that leaves room for the obvious sound quality differences between CD and low quality MP3s, but finding HQ audio in digital format isn't all that hard nowadays. Unless you just listen through shitty Spotify then you might as well put cotton in your ears and jump in a pool before you listen to something.

LMAO. Digital is not limited to MP3.

CD audio is capped at 44khz. FLAC at 24-bit is usually sampled at 96khz or even up to 192khz.
He didn't say MP3 at all. FLAC would like a word with you.
yeah because kids are buying FLAC today from the FLAC store? wtf are you talking about

itunes has 256kps audio downloads which are not lossless. whether the loss is distinguishable to the ears is up for interpretation.

who the fuck still plays diablo 3 except shut-in World of Warcraft couples that are still living in 2005 that are already divorced but don't realize it
It has gotten a lot better since launch! I play a good bit at the start of every season, haven't played it much in the past month or so though.

Just bought this on the BBY sale to play the seasons and have gotten to all of level 15...
I'm Xealot#1569 on battle.net, feel free to send me a friend invite if you need some speed leveling!

If it's okay with you guys, I'm just going to stick with what I know.

What I know being [customspoiler="8th century hydraulic organs."]
hydraulic_organ_of_banu_musa_01.jpg
[/customspoiler]
Oh yeah? Well, this was what I listened to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvF-qfD9ag

yeah because kids are buying FLAC today from the FLAC store? wtf are you talking about

itunes has 256kps audio downloads which are not lossless. whether the loss is distinguishable to the ears is up for interpretation.
Who cares what the kids are buying? The real question is WTF is your point in this argument? You tried to argue against the point I made that the CD is largely a dying format due to the emergence of digital, which is a substantiated fact. Not to mention you bring up MP3s as if those even register to an audiophile.

There are also quite a few outlets for "audiophiles" of which I do not consider myself, I like vinyl for collecting purposes and the "experience" but when it comes to digital Im usually fine with a 320kpbs or V0 encoded rip personally.

https://www.ponomusic.com/

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php

There's 2 places alone that the audiophiles flock to for digital. Need more?

http://www.linnrecords.com/

https://www.murfie.com/

http://www.qobuz.com

Thats not even bringing up the places like Beatport which cater to electronic music fans.

It was probably the series of four absurd statements in your original post which sparked the response.  

I'm especially curious about the statement you made that people like you can simply flip vinyl for profit because they only increase in value.    Where exactly does this occur?

It's actually more like an old man living in a high-rise retirement home, unaware that people still have lawns.

bread's done
Back