Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
......AND???????? Don't leave us hanging, bro!
They made the entire north of the map snow. they added redwood forest area and redid the swamps, now complete with leeches that can give you disease (like fox's mom). Added like a baby bronto that has like a 10 seat saddle. Changed the breeding and raising mechanics to be more interactive and give affinity bonuses. One week birthday event going on as well

They made the entire north of the map snow. they added redwood forest area and redid the swamps, now complete with leeches that can give you disease (like fox's mom). Added like a baby bronto that has like a 10 seat saddle. Changed the breeding and raising mechanics to be more interactive and give affinity bonuses. One week birthday event going on as well
Lonely+Birthday+Bear.jpg

Division fizzled out in about 2 weeks for me too. The end game was garbage when I played so I traded it in. I never thought The Division was good though. Very generic open world game IMHO. Guns handled aight though.
What is this "traded it in" thing you speak of? Is it like requesting a refund through Steam?

Foxhack hates dotemu...mysterd mentions vram/drm-free in one post and waiting until somehting is 75% off in the next...everybody is talking about overwatch

guys slow down this is too much change

Foxhack hates dotemu...mysterd mentions vram/drm-free in one post and waiting until somehting is 75% off in the next...everybody is talking about overwatch

guys slow down this is too much change
Should I get The Witcher III?

I don't want those random people's opinions. I want this group of random people's opinions instead.
Then, yes. I'm 40 hours in and I can't stop playing it. Well, not literally, obviously, or I wouldn't be typing this, but I was about 75% of the way through the SP campaign in Legacy of the Void when I figured out that my new work laptop would run The Witcher III and I haven't seen a Zerg or hybrid since.

I don't want those random people's opinions. I want this group of random people's opinions instead.
I have almost 8 hours with it (GOG Version); and I really did like what I played, back when I did. I stopped b/c other games that I actually paid for got in my way. But, yeah - granted, I ain't far into it (since the game's ridiculously big), I really liked a lot what I played.

Provided you have a worthwhile system, the game's downright gorgeous artistically + technically; and having the open-world to explore is a great change to the series (which I was originally fearing would + could hurt the experience, if they decided to go collect-a-thon side-quest crazy - but some of the side quests that I've seen have actual decisions, depth, and intrigue to them).

From what I've seen, it takes a lot of the things that made Witcher 1 (decision-making, storytelling, character development) + Witcher 2 great (major combat overhaul); and threw an open-world experience on top. Oh, and you can ride a horse - and you probably should b/c the world's really big and you'll need the horse to get around the world quickly; horse moves fine with a controller + all.

Like Witcher 2, combat feels similar and takes some cues from Dark Souls series (i.e. it can be difficult and you might want to use smart tactics + timing) - but it's NOWHERE even close to that game's great combat, precision, and depth. But, honestly - if you're playing Witcher series, you're likely playing for the fantastic storytelling, writing/dialogue, game-world/atmosphere, and decision-making stuff. Combat's secondary to the other stuff here, even though it's still good.

I seriously need to play W3 some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new Rainbow Six Siege starter version available on Steam and Uplay for only $15. Apparently it is the full game, it just takes longer to unlock everything. The bros are playing this tonight and I highly recommend the game if you like these types of games.
Here's the main difference between the $14.99 Starter and $49.99 Standard Editions:

[customspoiler='STARTER EDITION']

- Instant Unlock:
2 random Operators from a pool of the most intuitive Operators at entry level: Rook, Sledge, Ash, Fuze, Mute, and Smoke.
600 R6 Credits to spend on either additional Operators (recommended) or other additional content

- Slower unlocking of the remaining 16 Original Operators (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
12,500 Renown or 300 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator
Approx. 15 hours to unlock 1 operator using in-game Renown

- Access to all Post-Launch Operators (JTF2, Navy SEALs and upcoming CTUs):
25,000 Renown or 600 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator
Season Pass unlocks all Post-Launch Operators[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='STANDARD EDITION']

- Access to 20 original Operators through minimum playtime (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
Between 500 to 2000 Renown to unlock 1 Operator
Approx. 0.5- 2 hours to unlock 1 operator

- Access to all Post-Launch operators (JTF2, Navy SEALs and upcoming CTUs):
25,000 Renown or 600 R6 credits to unlock 1 Operator

That's pretty cool to sell the full game at a discount, but all of that grinding needed to get more operatives?

Approximately 15 hours of grinding to unlock an extra operator via in-game currency. What in the shit? I think the value of time needed to get the other 16 operatives isn't worth the starter price (if someone actually wanted them all). So, one would need ~240 hours played to unlock all the operatives you'd get in the Standard Edition.

:whee:

EDIT: It looks like you can buy the remaining operatives with in-game currency for $35. So perhaps the Starter Edition is a good way to dip your tactical toe into the Siege-bro waters.

Totally OT, but Day of the Tentacle is 33% off. Double Fine so will be bundled, but I was curious to know:

1. Do they plan to remaster Maniac Mansion?
2. Do you need to know what happened in Maniac Mansion to enjoy Day of the Tentacle?
3. If you rage quit your Nintendo copy of Maniac Mansion over 20 years ago even though you spent all your money on it and it was the only new game you had for months because you couldn't find the fucking key and kept getting locked up in the fucking dungeon at the beginning of the game would you even enjoy Day of the Tentacle?

Foxypie Out!
1. Hope not
2. No
3. Yes

I had the gold edition on PS4 so it's hard to spend even $15 for the PC version and have nothing. Id rather have bought the full game at BBY last week for $20. $5 more and you don't get stonewalled when trying to unlock operators.

Here's the main difference between the $14.99 Starter and $49.99 Standard Editions:

[customspoiler='STARTER EDITION']

- Instant Unlock:
2 random Operators from a pool of the most intuitive Operators at entry level: Rook, Sledge, Ash, Fuze, Mute, and Smoke.
600 R6 Credits to spend on either additional Operators (recommended) or other additional content

- Slower unlocking of the remaining 16 Original Operators (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
12,500 Renown or 300 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator
Approx. 15 hours to unlock 1 operator using in-game Renown

- Access to all Post-Launch Operators (JTF2, Navy SEALs and upcoming CTUs):
25,000 Renown or 600 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator

[customspoiler='STANDARD EDITION']

- Access to 20 original Operators through minimum playtime (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
Between 500 to 2000 Renown to unlock 1 Operator
Approx. 0.5- 2 hours to unlock 1 operator

- Access to all Post-Launch operators (JTF2, Navy SEALs and upcoming CTUs):
25,000 Renown or 600 R6 credits to unlock 1 Operator

That's pretty cool to sell the full game at a discount, but all of that grinding needed to get more operatives?

Approximately 15 hours of grinding to unlock an extra operator via in-game currency. What in the shit? I think the value of time needed to get the other 16 operatives isn't worth the starter price (if someone actually wanted them all). So, one would need ~240 hours played to unlock all the operatives you'd get in the Standard Edition.

:whee:

EDIT: It looks like you can buy the remaining operatives with in-game currency for $35. So perhaps the Starter Edition is a good way to dip your tactical toe into the Siege-bro waters.
Its obviously stationed directly at the point where meaningful progression turns into frustration/grind. My whole siege group unlocked all the operators in about a week. I could definitely see if they had upped the price/op to where it took maybe 3x-5x that time to unlock them all creating a meaningful progression. But ~10x the amount of time is where it obviously gets frustrating and they are hoping people drop real cash on their in game currency that no one buys and just waits for in-game items to go on sale with free currency

Get em hooked young and early on buying fake money

Then, yes. I'm 40 hours in and I can't stop playing it. Well, not literally, obviously, or I wouldn't be typing this, but I was about 75% of the way through the SP campaign in Legacy of the Void when I figured out that my new work laptop would run The Witcher III and I haven't seen a Zerg or hybrid since.
Imo the Legacy of the Void campaign turns into a bit of a slog, I felt it was pretty disappointing after the first two games. The Witcher 3 is great, I think I put around 112 hours into it before I beat the main game, I really should get the dlc and jump back in.

what the hell do you do for work where your laptop will run witcher 3

There is a new Rainbow Six Siege starter version available on Steam and Uplay for only $15. Apparently it is the full game, it just takes longer to unlock everything. The bros are playing this tonight and I highly recommend the game if you like these types of games.
how the hell the bros can afford Ubisuck's blood-sucking, overpriced, new FPS but doesn't even have a brodate for Overwatch?

I think the bros are on Ubisuck's payroll..

p.s. ya'all bought the $15 version or wut?

how the hell the bros can afford Ubisuck's blood-sucking, overpriced, new FPS but doesn't even have a brodate for Overwatch?

I haven't seen brodates for fighting games. If i see one of those I may almost be tempted to crawl out from beneath my rock. Probably not but it would make me feel warm fuzzies for a whole 5 seconds.

See below.

I haven't seen brodates for fighting games. If i see one of those I may almost be tempted to crawl out from beneath my rock. Probably not but it would make me feel warm fuzzies for a whole 5 seconds.
We've done Skullgirls and SFIV and some other fighting stuff.

Pretty sure tonight's game was some sort of "get it free from AMD via means" thing for many people (not me; I don't own it)
Ding

People got it for like $1 from Newegg.
Ding

We've had one for Skullgirls and Ultra Street Fighter IV. y u no show up for those?

EDIT: Fox beat me to it

I think Skullgirls was the first event we did in spoderfox so it might've been a year since then. Dunno if we repeated it again. It's been a few months since we did Street Fighter
Ah so during some of my absence moments.

Never mind I forget why I even answer to this shit all the time.

Last edited:
I think we're all Overwatching for the price glitch.
By the looks of your sig, you fakeybro'd it for PS4 over PC? Get the pitchfork boys, I found the witch. :p

FWIW (because we all know my opinion is the bestest) - I'm still having a good time with Overwatch. The chaotic and fast pace kind of remind me of the couple of years that I spent hosting LANS of instagib Unreal Tournament for the local PC shop.

bread's done
Back