Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My top 10:

1. Final Fantasy XI Online (20,283 Hours)

2. Terraria (64 hours)

3. Guild Wars (25 Hours)

4. Fallout 4 (24 Hours)

5. Super Meat Boy (23 Hours)

6. Recettear (19.7 Hours)

7. Killing Floor (19 Hours)

8. Sonic Generations (18.9 Hours)

9. Fallout 3 (17.7 Hours)

10. The Binding of Isaac (17.3 Hours)

Not enough Binding of Isaac on these top 10 lists.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
339 hrs on record

Marvel Heroes 2016
300 hrs on record

The Binding of Isaac
278 hrs on record

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
102 hrs on record

Borderlands 2
63 hrs on record

XCOM 2
56 hrs on record

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
46 hrs on record

Spelunky
40 hrs on record

Invisible, Inc.
37 hrs on record

Magic 2014
27 hrs on record

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I use an old python command line program (I'm used to it :/) to idle my cards. 

When it's done idling games it'll say "No more Cards to idle" or something and sit waiting for an "Enter" to actually quit the program.

I didn't realize that during that time it's still idling the game it was last in, so my "Top Played" list is polluted with trash like Magma Tsunami, Adventure of Tree, Adorables, and Trinium Wars.

So, I use an old python command line program (I'm used to it :/) to idle my cards.

When it's done idling games it'll say "No more Cards to idle" or something and sit waiting for an "Enter" to actually quit the program.

I didn't realize that during that time it's still idling the game it was last in, so my "Top Played" list is polluted with trash like Magma Tsunami, Adventure of Tree, Adorables, and Trinium Wars.
Wow weird that same thing happens with my browser history what a coincidence

dat time clickers tho

timec.png

You love Adventures of Tree, don't front.

That's legit autoclicking.

The last month I played I set up a script to automatically upgrades and time warps.  I had to get that last achievement, I should've just used a cheat like I did with Crush Crush.

The only thing I actually played was Starbound and Rogue Legacy.  Fitting since I half-fakey'd those (got Starbound from a Russian 4 pack and Rogue Legacy from Humble Store during a sale).

My top 10:

1. Final Fantasy XI Online (20,283 Hours)

2. Terraria (64 hours)

3. Guild Wars (25 Hours)

4. Fallout 4 (24 Hours)

5. Super Meat Boy (23 Hours)

6. Recettear (19.7 Hours)

7. Killing Floor (19 Hours)

8. Sonic Generations (18.9 Hours)

9. Fallout 3 (17.7 Hours)

10. The Binding of Isaac (17.3 Hours)
If I had FFXI and FFXIV on Steam, they would be my top 2 for sure.

And now I'm sad.  Ain't nobody got time to play no damn games.  What's wrong with you people?

Filter games 

Rocksmith 2014
240 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Batman™: Arkham Origins
98 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Mad Max
60 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Puzzle Kingdoms
32 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Portal 2
30 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Poker Night 2
30 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Pinball FX2
28 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Governor of Poker 2: Premium Edition
27 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Batman: Arkham City GOTY
25 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham
24 hrs on record

ico_www.png

Links
btn_arrow_down.png

ico_stats.png

View Stats
btn_arrow_down.png

Review...

Team Fortress 2 - 1,067 hrs on record
Terraria - 203 hrs on record
Dungeons of Dredmor - 121 hrs on record
Borderlands - 106 hrs on record
DARK SOULS III - 94 hrs on record
Batman: Arkham City™ - 83 hrs on record
Batman™: Arkham Knight - 78 hrs on record
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition - 67 hrs on record
Mad Max - 63 hrs on record
Batman™: Arkham Origins - 63 hrs on record
L.A. Noire - 58 hrs on record

Yes, I know that's 11 items, but I figured L.A. Noire was worth mentioning. For the record, I stopped playing TF2 regularly about two years ago. I've also never beaten Dungeons of Dredmor, and DS3 is without the season pass content. Once that hits... oh boy.

FO4 isn't a bad game but it's disappointing once you beat 3 and 4.
Conversely, I have about twice the hours in FO4 as I do in New Vegas (and many more than FO3) and I'm still on my first play through of FO4 and haven't finished the DLC yet. I've played through NV twice and done all the DLC.

So, while there's stuff I like about NV over FO4, I certainly got my money's worth out of the game.

FO3 was the weakest of the new Fallout titles in my opinion. Played the main story once, no desire to go back or hang around the world. And the original FO3 ending has to rank among the most asinine and poor game endings in history.

Team Fortress 2 - 1,067 hrs on record
Terraria - 203 hrs on record
Dungeons of Dredmor - 121 hrs on record
Borderlands - 106 hrs on record
DARK SOULS III - 94 hrs on record
Batman: Arkham City™ - 83 hrs on record
Batman™: Arkham Knight - 78 hrs on record
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition - 67 hrs on record
Mad Max - 63 hrs on record
Batman™: Arkham Origins - 63 hrs on record
L.A. Noire - 58 hrs on record

Yes, I know that's 11 items, but I figured L.A. Noire was worth mentioning. For the record, I stopped playing TF2 regularly about two years ago. I've also never beaten Dungeons of Dredmor, and DS3 is without the season pass content. Once that hits... oh boy.
Is Batman a furry? :whistle2:k

Conversely, I have about twice the hours in FO4 as I do in New Vegas (and many more than FO3) and I'm still on my first play through of FO4 and haven't finished the DLC yet. I've played through NV twice and done all the DLC.

So, while there's stuff I like about NV over FO4, I certainly got my money's worth out of the game.
Like I said it isn't a bad game but disappointing for me personally when I have to compare it to the older titles.
I do like a lot things in FO4 more along with the settlements.

I had least placed my first 10 or 15 hours making the perfect settlement.
I'm still salty that melee + sneaking combo feels worthless this time around

Overall I'm totally loving FO4 so far.

My top 10

Team Fortress 2
794 hrs on record

Garry's Mod
392 hrs on record

Killing Floor
313 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
308 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead 2
171 hrs on record

Rocket League
164 hrs on record

PAYDAY 2
156 hrs on record

Awesomenauts
125 hrs on record

Terraria
100 hrs on record

Super Monday Night Combat
93 hrs on record

Never checked my Top 10 before and now I have to come to terms with my sad Lego addiction.

Borderlands 2
58 hrs on record

The Talos Principle
42 hrs on record

LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham
33 hrs on record

LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers
29 hrs on record

LEGO® Jurassic World
27 hrs on record

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
27 hrs on record

Batman: Arkham City GOTY
27 hrs on record

Team Fortress 2
26 hrs on record

LEGO® MARVEL Super Heroes
26 hrs on record

LEGO® STAR WARS™: The Force Awakens
25 hrs on record

Oooh, this is a "thing" now?

Embrace my Football Manager sadness!

Marvel Puzzle Quest
2,542 hrs on record

Football Manager 2014
1,080 hrs on record

Football Manager 2012
677 hrs on record

Football Manager 2013
631 hrs on record

Football Manager 2016
392 hrs on record

Football Manager 2011
270 hrs on record

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
72 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto IV
56 hrs on record

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
48 hrs on record

DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
46 hrs on record

So top 10 lists are a thing, huh? The one thing I am most surprised about at seeing some of yours are the low (less than 300) number of hours played.

At the top of mine is my shame... Clicker Heroes. I think I've finally kicked the habit though.

The rest of mine is a pretty decent mix of games... Killing Floor/2, Borderlands, Defense Grid, Dragon Age Origins, Age of Mythology.

Oooh, this is a "thing" now?

Embrace my Football Manager sadness!

Marvel Puzzle Quest
2,542 hrs on record

Football Manager 2014
1,080 hrs on record

Football Manager 2012
677 hrs on record

Football Manager 2013
631 hrs on record

Football Manager 2016
392 hrs on record

Football Manager 2011
270 hrs on record

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
72 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto IV
56 hrs on record

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
48 hrs on record

DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
46 hrs on record
What happened in 2015?

Call of Duty: Black Ops III is free this weekend, which complements the multiplayer starter pack in the Humble monthly launching tomorrow as the upgrade to the full game is $15 (67% off) for the weekend as well.
Was excited about this but unless I'm missing something it looks like the free weekend is for the multiplayer starter pack... which means you still won't be able to check out the campaign mode or play zombies, which is what I really would have played it for.

Only 2 more games to 3000 on Steam. I'm sure to hit that tomorrow as I bought my first Humble Monthly and Full Upgrade for Black Ops III. 

Was excited about this but unless I'm missing something it looks like the free weekend is for the multiplayer starter pack... which means you still won't be able to check out the campaign mode or play zombies, which is what I really would have played it for.
Yeah, I think it is just the MP stuff. Even the full game has limited zombies. You need the Season Pass to get the full zombie experience.

So VRAMS is still allowed? And poop? GUD!
And my anti-ARPG rants too!

Top 10:

Team Fortress 2 (2,577 hrs)

Rocket League (327 hrs)

Left 4 Dead 2 (157 hrs)

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (124 hrs)

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (118 hrs)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (96 hrs)

Dying Light (94 hrs)

Borderlands 2 (93 hrs)

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition (84 hrs)

Terraria (72 hrs)

If you're going to post your most played games the least you can do is also tell us your favorite color and type of pizza.
Blue and pepperoni. As many as possible.

I'm so confused. I thought we were all about backlogging the games. Are you telling me our thing is now about how many hours we play them? I need new internet friends. You guys are all indecisive jerks.

FO3 was the weakest of the new Fallout titles in my opinion. Played the main story once, no desire to go back or hang around the world. And the original FO3 ending has to rank among the most asinine and poor game endings in history.
I think the main issue people (including me) had with Fallout 4 wasn't that it was a bad game. Plenty of content, heavily improved gun mechanics (like actual recoil), though not amazing but still better graphics, OKish story, settlement building, somewhat interesting world (didn't grab me as much but still). It was a terrible (new-gen action RPG/FPS Bethesda-ish) Fallout game and the 3 main reasons I have with the game was:

1. The lack of dialogue options to convey YOUR character's opinions of the world, people, etc. ("yes,no,more info,sarcastic" and that's it);

2. The lack of non-main story related consequence for your actions (e.g. dialogue before you enter Diamond city for the first time; no spoilers);

3. The premise of the story locks your character to "concerned father" and hammers it home quite heavily throughout it all.

These 3 things completely ruined my game since I can't roleplay (around 50-60% of enjoyment comes solely from that; even more enjoyment is enhanced by roleplaying) as a mad explosives expert, nor can I be the saint, making my duty to save the world. I can only be a good concerned father or a slightly dickish concerned father.

You gotta give credit to FO4 though since I actually managed to log 26 or so hours before quitting the game and never playing it again, while with Fallout 3 I played around 15 painstaking hours, uninstalled, reinstalled months later, installed Fallout: Wanderer's Edition, Marts Mutant Mod, some weapon ironsights mod, a few graphics overhauls and plenty other smaller mods, at which point I actually started to enjoy the game and logged quite a few hours (Steam doesn't count hours if I launch it through FOSE).

As with NV, I never actually touched the vanilla version (I think) and instantly installed Project Nevada alongside many other mods and had a really pleasant (albeit shorter; should probably get back to it some time) experience.

Top 10:

Team Fortress 2 (2,577 hrs)

Rocket League (327 hrs)

Left 4 Dead 2 (157 hrs)

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (124 hrs)

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (118 hrs)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (96 hrs)

Dying Light (94 hrs)

Borderlands 2 (93 hrs)

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition (84 hrs)

Terraria (72 hrs)

Blue and pepperoni. As many as possible.
Shoot, no wonder you're so good. If I played 327 hours of Rocket League... I'd still suck.

The problem people have with Fallout 4 is that it's cool to hate Fallout 4. So they play 200+ hours, regurgitate the same complaints about how awful the game is, then play another 200+ hours.

I hate this game. It's absolute garbage...but this next playthrough I'm going fists only , alcoholic, former boxer that lost his son due due to his addiction. Shame someone told me I can't role play in this game, though.

Do people actually role play in games like that?  I mean people around here I guess.  I just read an article the other day about people who role play in ARK and broadcast on Twitch and I was surprised that was a thing.  

I really have no imagination.  Like when I play my open-world survival games with generic characters and no story, you'd think that would be ripe for me to role play, but I just walk around and find stuff and try to kill zombies with no thoughts on who the dude or dudette I am playing was/is.  I figure that's what story games are for, but maybe I have no imagination and need to be told what is going on.  

The problem people have with Fallout 4 is that it's cool to hate Fallout 4. So they play 200+ hours, regurgitate the same complaints about how awful the game is, then play another 200+ hours.

I hate this game. It's absolute garbage...but this next playthrough I'm going fists only , alcoholic, former boxer that lost his son due due to his addiction. Shame someone told me I can't role play in this game, though.
Well, for me it's 26 hours and I don't hate the game. I love that they improved the gun mechanics but at around 20 hours the hype (I bought it at launch+1 day; I extremely rarely do that - see username, title and my signature and you'll get it) started to wear off and disappointment started to set in since it wasn't the Fallout 4 I expected. Also, if you happen to look around, most people don't actually complain about the game. Most are posting GIFs, bragging about their settlements or discussing the story, while a vocal minority (probably bigger than those that disliked NV) actually dislikes it.

Do people actually role play in games like that? I mean people around here I guess. I just read an article the other day about people who role play in ARK and broadcast on Twitch and I was surprised that was a thing.

I really have no imagination. Like when I play my open-world survival games with generic characters and no story, you'd think that would be ripe for me to role play, but I just walk around and find stuff and try to kill zombies with no thoughts on who the dude or dudette I am playing was/is. I figure that's what story games are for, but maybe I have no imagination and need to be told what is going on.
Well, to some extent quite a few people do. I guess you could call me a lite-RP'er since I usually try to make the character similar to that of mine. As such, if you lock me in with someone I can't identify as due to lack of similar experience and/or difference in how I would've acted in some specific situation, I can't immerse myself and get instantly thrown out of the game and bored.

Then again I'm the guy who wasted 100+ hours in various semi-serious RP servers and 150+ hours in a serious HL2 RP community on GMod, which primarily involves you aimlessly walking around, talking to people via chat, typing out your actions in chat like "/me does something" and occasionally either participating in admin organized events, watching Civil Protection officers raid the rebel camp or in most cases buying or selling contraband to the rebels.

Oh and call me boring or anything but I still don't regret any of those hours spent even though 90% of it consisted of mildly boring stuff and the remaining 10% was the most fun I've had in my entire gaming history.

The last time I actually role-played while gaming was when I played B-17 Bomber, which is to say in 1985. I died, by the way, while hanging out of my bomber holding onto a jump rope and getting shot at by Cobra Command.

My Steam top 10

Borderlands 2 585 hrs on record
Fallout: New Vegas 222 hrs on record
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition 202 hrs on record
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition 139 hrs on record
Wasteland 2 133 hrs on record
Bastion 117 hrs on record
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut 58 hrs on record
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 55 hrs on record
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition 53 hrs on record
Mass Effect 2 51 hrs on record

*If going by true hours, would have to include Diablo 3 in spot 1 with over 900 hours and Starcraft 2 more than Deus Ex.

(The reality is my top hours game is/was windows 7 freecell; I had 4910 consecutive wins before I upgraded to windows 10)

Once I upgrade to new rig at end of the year, I have several games that will probably hit the 100 hour mark.

Do people actually role play in games like that? I mean people around here I guess. I just read an article the other day about people who role play in ARK and broadcast on Twitch and I was surprised that was a thing.

I really have no imagination. Like when I play my open-world survival games with generic characters and no story, you'd think that would be ripe for me to role play, but I just walk around and find stuff and try to kill zombies with no thoughts on who the dude or dudette I am playing was/is. I figure that's what story games are for, but maybe I have no imagination and need to be told what is going on.
Your new inspiration:

From now on whenever you play a game like this you are the son of the man who Hulkster is about to torture. How this moment in your parent's life has affected everything from your father's subsequent bouts with alcoholism to your self-loathing. Your name is Curtis. Go on your journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYs-0EO0ts

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1327-WUJX-5722

When a user is caught cheating, their Steam account is banned from playing multi-player on secured servers. This creates an incentive for people who cheat to stockpile copies of games on one account and to gift them to low value accounts where they can continue cheating. In response to this problem, Steam no longer allows users to purchase copies of VAC or Game Ban enabled games to their inventory. Additionally, if an account has directly gifted a game to other players who have been VAC or permanently Game Banned, then that account will lose the ability to gift that game.
RIP gifting.

Eh, not yet, but it could head down that road. Right now all it means is that if I buy you CSGO and your ass gets VAC Banned, then I cant give CSGO to anyone else. CSGO or any game that has VAC banning (only used CSGO as an example).

One thing to note is that you can't save these games to your inventory anymore either. You have to gift them immediately. Its as much a crackdown on the cheaters who constantly re-buy the game and the stockpilers who re-sell.

No. Bad Rats doesn't have VAC.

This is mostly aimed at shit like CSGO.
Wasn't this line meant for any game (as in [account gifted game to VAC or permanently Game Banned banned user] --> [account can't gift that game to other users now] )? :

Additionally, if an account has directly gifted a game to other players who have been VAC or permanently Game Banned, then that account will lose the ability to gift that game.

Wasn't this line meant for any game (as in [account gifted game to VAC or permanently Game Banned banned user] --> [account can't gift that game to other users now] )? :
If I gift you a game that has VAC and you get banned, then I cant gift that game to anyone again.

But if I gift you a game that is say single player only etc, but you get VAC banned in something else, it doesnt matter.

Not game related but this made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

I can't believe this is real but apparently this happened. Full transcript is below

http://coosavalleynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Transcript-Denver-Allen.pdf
Yikes, just FYI; not safe for work (surprise, surprise). The only thing I could think of was for the defendant to plead insanity. Good grief, what a mess. I would hate to be a judge that had to experience that kind of shenanigans.

That happened in GA.  lol  I remember reading about it before it went viral.  Crazy stuff.  Judge should get sanctioned too for the way he responded. 

bread's done
Back