Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dead By Daylight 24 hours straight from the 23rd to the 27th. Spoder will be there and his army of child serial killers.
qtf6aPt.jpg

I'm up for another BF1 night at some point.
I assume then that Saturday and Sunday would be best? With the holidays coming up I probably won't have time to game on the weekends until January, but I'll try to schedule something then.
Friday nights, too. I just didn't see this past event until it was too late. We should probably start scheduling regular BF1 nights in 2017 to practice for the upcoming war with China.

Looks better from a survivor POV than DBD. Playing Jason looks like it would get old though.
Eh, I dont think there's enough info to draw any conclusions about what playing as Jason would be like from this footage since its all survivor perspective, but there's definitely a lot more going on for survivors than DBD.

Sigh. I made the bad decision to go looking into a few peasant threads. 
In the span of reading 3 threads, I saw people suggesting people perform retail return fraud, chastising someone who was looking for a deal on a game as a Christmas gift to "get a job", and then some hairbrained schemes about performing 3-4 steps to make something like $20.

The hell? It's Christmas. Can't they just farm cards and complain that sales are shit lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks better from a survivor POV than DBD. Playing Jason looks like it would get old though.
Looks like it virtually requires a team using communication. I wasn't super impressed with what I saw; the results looked like a high school student film project. Seemed very low key and not really scary/stressful -- just people wandering around then Jason comes out and everyone sort of blunders about for a few moments with axes and baseball bats and then run away again.

That's not to defend DbD which is a crapfest in its own ways. Also, I find watching others play video games to be super dull so maybe it'd come off better if I was playing it. Still, no sense of excitement.

Also:
4sq6itn.png

Sigh. I made the bad decision to go looking into a few peasant threads.
In the span of reading 3 threads, I saw people suggesting people perform retail return fraud, chastising someone who looking for a deal on a game as a Christmas gift to "get a job", and then some hairbrained schemes about performing 3-4 steps to make something like $20.

The hell? It's Christmas. Can't they just farm cards and complain that sales are shit lately?
They shouldn't be going to like 6 threads and asking where to get BF1 for cheap especially when they don't have a job.

More crap:

Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock:

8NEWH-47674-933DA

Quest of Dungeons:

5GMNE-5K38W-BKA37

Sang Froid: Tales of Werewolves:

06B9L-D4KLG-8CZNC

Hi. Old-timer Steam CAGer here but it's been a couple of years since I frequented this thread. Good to see some names I still recognize!

I wanted to share a good deal. If you are looking for Vermintide, there is a physical package release on Amazon for PC that is on sale for $9.00 right now. Price has been falling steadily since last week (I bought at $10 on Friday). The cheapest that Vermintide has been online is $15.

Amazon Link: http://a.co/6YZh0uQ

This physical edition appears to have coincided with the release of Vermintide for the consoles, back in October. It has 4 DLC bundled in (2 free, and two more worth a combined $12). So that means it's a retail value of $42, which makes this better than a 75% off sale.

Now for the bad news: I cannot promise that there is a Steam code. The Amazon page does not say so and Google is no help. However, this is a 4-player co-op game, and the game on PC requires Steamworks for matchmaking. And the online sites other than Steam that sell Vermintide do not offer any downloadable version - it's all Steam keys online. So I'm pretty confident that the box is going to have a Steam key, too. I'll update here when my copy arrives.

Update: Steam code confirmed. Also, the "Collector's Edition" DLC is included as well.

Cheers.

FYI Vermintide on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

header.jpg

Shame, I like Warhammer, but not really co-op.
You can MysterD with bots. Although they're kinda stupid. Okay, very stupid.

fwiw, Vermintide is one of the few online multiplayer games where i've never been called naughty words. That might change in the higher difficulty levels, but i'm too much of a wimp to try those.

fwiw, Vermintide is one of the few online multiplayer games where i've never been called naughty words. That might change in the higher difficulty levels, but i'm too much of a wimp to try those.
Yep, it took but seconds for them to start flying in BF1. Thankfully it was just text chat and the voice chat is off by default I assume. Our gamer community can be an ugly one.

Is dead by daylight fun if you're not playing in a group, still?
Yes. Especially if you're playing as a killer.. some people main killers and don't even play as a survivor. I would say it's a lot more fun to play as survivor when you're with a group of people you know though, and it's easier to cooperate with voice chat (but that doesn't matter if you're the killer).

I mean, it's not hard at all to find a group of people to play with, or make friends that play the game. A lot of CAG regulars group together on weekends to play it. But if you're asking if you can play with bots, the answer is no lol

Hey... What an amazing coincidence. The day rolled over and now I can get bing rewards points again.
Same.. 500 hundred point day down the drain for me.

They acknowledged the issue on the rewards site, just said they where investigating, so maybe they'll reward those who had issues. (Though I sort of doubt it... Free program after all.)

Shame, I like Warhammer, but not really co-op.

Hm. Yeah, I discovered something about myself a few years ago: I find Left 4 Dead boring. Humans, no humans--just running around on random levels, killing stuff until you run out of zombies or reach some random checkpoint isn't that compelling, particularly in view of the fact that the game, for reasons I've never understood, doesn't actually seem to track your progress from one level to the next. Why do I want to replay level 3 20 times if I've gotten to level 6 already but the game is too lazy to tell me this? That kind of design doesn't make sense to me. Give me a game with a story mode with clear objectives and I'd be much happier than I am randomly shooting things just because. Unless I'm in a homicidal mood.

Yea, maybe Vermintide is better, but anything that forces me to co-op with people.  I immediately cringe because the CoD/BF group has harangued me to the point of giving up on the internet.  Little kids and idiots who live in their parents basements giving me shit... no thanks.  

I have enough real life stuff to deal with, without idiots encroaching on my relax time too.

Vermintide is definitely better than L4D.  It builds on the formula, but things tend to be a little clearer (though a few levels can seem a little too open).  Objectives are pretty easily spelled out for you.  Not much of a story though other than the rats are bad and you have to kill them.  I mean I think I recall some story in it, but it's definitely not the main focus.  

BF1 is pretty good.  Don't really know how it compares to prior online communities, but you just learn to ignore the text chat and you can just play and enjoy it.  

Yea, maybe Vermintide is better, but anything that forces me to co-op with people. I immediately cringe because the CoD/BF group has harangued me to the point of giving up on the internet. Little kids and idiots who live in their parents basements giving me shit... no thanks.
Spoder gives me shit in DbD but it's usually after he's already been killed so it's easy to ignore his "wisdom".

If I ever want to start dying in half the time, I know where to go for tips though!

Actually, I think maybe two or three times have I dealt with randoms swearing or otherwise getting feisty after a match. This past weekend, I had one guy tell me to eat his balls (? - you sure, man?) but that was it. The DbD community is annoying more for continual whining and bitching about how unfair life is than for calling you a string of racist/sexist slurs.

bread's done
Back