Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Also just built a game pc, problem is tha tmost games I have on the console between PS3, PS4 and Xbox one.  I do not have Skyrim or Fallout 4 though, any recommendations between the two (graphically speaking) and any other recommendations?  If I decide to go with Skyrim should i purchase the special edition or just the Legendary edition ($15 on amazon) and mod it.

Thoughts?

I've passed on Undertale so many times before it finally hit the $5 it's at now, I think I can wait a little longer for its inevitable Humble appearance.

Humble Monthly seems so random, sometimes. Glad I got "The Forest" from it though as they finally put the ending in the game and what an ending that was......

https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-GTAV-GN/

GTA V is a little over $20 if you're willing to go to merry old England. but watch out for Flow, he likes tea...
What the heck? It's the same website somehow. All my info from logging in to the US site is there on the UK one. (blue coins, xp, achieves, etc)

Would that site let me buy from them or would they shoot me down because I'm not from their island? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck? It's the same website somehow. All my info from logging in to the US site is there on the UK one. (blue coins, xp, achieves, etc)

Would that site let me buy from them or would they shoot me down because I'm not from their island? :)
I bought Doom from the UK store and I live in the USA yesterday when it was like $12 with the currency conversion. Doing so put a manual review on my order and it took about 4.5 hours for that to go through but once it did all was well. I paid via Paypal.

It should work fine. We used to get minor extra discounts from co.uk all the time but they kind of dried up. No VPN or anything is required so there shouldn't really be any risk to it.

I bought Doom from the UK store and I live in the USA yesterday when it was like $12 with the currency conversion. Doing so put a manual review on my order and it took about 4.5 hours for that to go through but once it did all was well. I paid via Paypal.
For the record, "manual reviews" are pretty par for the course with GG these days.

It should work fine. We used to get minor extra discounts from co.uk all the time but they kind of dried up. No VPN or anything is required so there shouldn't really be any risk to it.
Sweet. I was kinda bummed with it not being a game on Steam apparently, but it mainly uses that crappy Rockstar club thing I bet anyway.

Best deal I seen on this, since I bought it when it was in $20 in D2D sale on V-Day 2016.

I'm curious - are RSSC keys region-locked?
From the rockstar knowledge base:

Question: Are Grand Theft Auto V activation codes region-locked?

Question: When I try to enter my GTAV activation code, an error appears saying “The code entered cannot be redeemed from your current location. Select Rockstar codes are only valid in specific countries.” What does this mean?

Answer: Certain GTAV versions purchased in Brazil and CIS (including Russia) respectively can only be activated and/or played in those countries. The above error means you are attempting to activate a code that was sold with region restrictions for Brazil or CIS. If you purchased a locked code and are seeing the above error despite trying to use it within the country of purchase, please contact the retailer you purchased the code from for further assistance.

GTAV PC activation codes are region-locked in the following locations: Brazil, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, and Turkmenistan. Codes in Azerbaijan are not region-locked.
Seems like the GTAV codes are only region locked in Brazil and Eastern Europe/Russia If I read that correctly.

I'm still staring at Fallout 4. Its now $14 with currency conversion if I head to merry ol' England's gamersgate.
FO4 is easily worth $14. I have over 113 hours with it. If you wanted less RPG (less decision-making stuff) but much more FPS + ARPG, FO4 is great.

BTW, how much is the Season Pass there?

Side note - I do already have the Season Pass, BTW.

Dammit, they finally both asleep and I got nothing to do. lol

Thanks guys, I'm still in shock I have a baby but it's awesome!
Congratulations and good work. Make the most of the next year in terms of gaming. I have a 15-month old and I can verify that free time doesn't exist once they hit a year or so. But I've heard rumors that you start getting some of that time back when they hit three years.

Congratulations and good work. Make the most of the next year in terms of gaming. I have a 15-month old and I can verify that free time doesn't exist once they hit a year or so. But I've heard rumors that you start getting some of that time back when they hit three years.
Maybe if you have just one, but with a 2 and 4 year old with another due in a month the only free time I have is the sleep I give up. Getting myself to survive on 4 hours of sleep a night is what gives me that precious DbD time.

LOLOLOLOL So Gamersgate closed my account on the last manual review. I shot them an email saying basically "I don't care that you closed my account. Plenty of other places to spend money on the web. That said, you need to refund the last order that went in to manual review and resulted in the account closure. I don't have an order number because you closed my account." 

Today I get an email saying the order has been confirmed and my account is magically back open. Only bad thing is I had already rebought one of the games out of the order on steam. I guess I will just eat that $1.50 and be happy.

FO4 interests me, especially the whole base/community building part.  However, it looks like Far Harbor is the only DLC worth anything.  The rest look like things that should have been in the game already or better left to mod makers to add.

BTW, how much is the Season Pass there?

Side note - I do already have the Season Pass, BTW.
I didn't check. Most of the reviews I've seen have not been kind to the DLC. And also for a game as big as FO4, by the time I get to the end I'm ready to be done and skip the DLC anyway.

I didn't like FO4. I liked Vegas better. FO4 was disappointing to me.
FO:NV is much better RPG-wise + decision making-wise over FO4. Not even a comparison there. NV also is much better w/ its narrative, storytelling, dialogue, writing, and the old-school dark humor from FO1+2.

FO4 just plays better as a shooter and Action-RPG. If you loved NV, yeah - in the way NV delivered (as a RPG), FO4 is definitely disappointing.

In an ideal world, we'd get a mix of Bethesda's FO4 with its much improved gunplay + ARPG elements right along with Obsidian's NV with a much-better narrative, storytelling, humor, decision-making, and RPG elements. I'd love to see Obsidian do another FO game w/ their expertise on the FO4 Engine.

Tempted to get this but I heard the online is pretty much a grindfest unless you pay real money?
You make money by doing pretty much everything. I guess playing the game could be considered grinding... but unless you absolutely need to own every goddamned car just running missions is enough for most.

I like Fallout 4 better than New Vegas. It does the things I like in the new Fallout games better. I enjoy exploring the tighter world and the shooty shooty stuff is way better.

I don't give a shit about the "story" or dialogue or whatever it is that people want to praise New Vegas for. Old World Blues is beyond overrated and that's the point I actually stopped playing the game. The combat in that area leaned heavily on a specific build that made playing it joyless, and the dialogue, while entertaining for maybe a couple minutes, became tiresome and a chore to drill through. It was the equivalent of my father-in-law telling a joke and getting a couple polite smiles, so he spends the rest of the night telling it over and over again.

Tempted to get this but I heard the online is pretty much a grindfest unless you pay real money?
Not really. Most people use the same bulletproof car that can be earned in 5 hours or so of playing online.

But online isn't great without friends. Strangers will troll you and randoms will drop out of missions. In heists, if someone drops out, you fail the heist and have to go through loading and such to find someone new. Sometimes it goes like this:
*start heist*
*teammate, on a motorcycle, drives full speed into a traffic jam and dies instantly*
*teammate disconnects*
*back to the menu with you!*

In steam news there is finally a "friend activity settings" button at the top of steam activity. So you can now disable seeing posts from groups and other various things you dont want to see in your activity feed, maybe making it useful for once

In steam news there is finally a "friend activity settings" button at the top of steam activity. So you can now disable seeing posts from groups and other various things you dont want to see in your activity feed, maybe making it useful for once
It's been there for years.

But I'd like per group management.

I was tempted to get Victor Vran but read it's coming to consoles in '17 so I think I'll wait. I did get a Steam Link and controller recently on sale for half off each. I need to test it out further though. But I do like the controller and hope to be able to test out some other Steam games I have and perhaps a few I plan to buy after the new year. Grim Dawn, maybe? Anyone play that yet?

I was tempted to get Victor Vran but read it's coming to consoles in '17 so I think I'll wait. I did get a Steam Link and controller recently on sale for half off each. I need to test it out further though. But I do like the controller and hope to be able to test out some other Steam games I have and perhaps a few I plan to buy after the new year. Grim Dawn, maybe? Anyone play that yet?
Grim Dawn is fun. Cool world to ARPG it up in. Was trying to get a game going with Parallacks and immediately my dumb ass job got in the way for a bit. I don't think i would play it with a controller though. Although I haven't messed with the Steam Controller so it may be ideal for it.

By the way, if you are looking to fakey(ish) Football Manager 2017, Gamesplanet has it for about $37 dollars:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/football-manager-2017-steam-key--3090-1

and the Steam discount showed up, it's about the same (maybe slightly cheaper on GP). Swear yesterday it was still full price on Steam but oh well. 

Oh and the Civ V complete pack, if it didn't change from last sale, should give you a bigger discount if you own some of the DLC. I think it was like $5 for the last dlc with that for me last month: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/575/

Also, if you own episode 1 and 2 of The Detail, can get episode 3 for $1.83 with it's complete bundle: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/313/

FO:NV is much better RPG-wise + decision making-wise over FO4. Not even a comparison there. NV also is much better w/ its narrative, storytelling, dialogue, writing, and the old-school dark humor from FO1+2.

FO4 just plays better as a shooter and Action-RPG. If you loved NV, yeah - in the way NV delivered (as a RPG), FO4 is definitely disappointing.

In an ideal world, we'd get a mix of Bethesda's FO4 with its much improved gunplay + ARPG elements right along with Obsidian's NV with a much-better narrative, storytelling, humor, decision-making, and RPG elements. I'd love to see Obsidian do another FO game w/ their expertise on the FO4 Engine.
I agree that FO4 isn't as good as 3 or NV, but is still a decent game. It reminds me of GTA IV with the way more and more people have grown to dislike it. Your ARPG comparison is interesting because, despite liking FO4, that's probably my least favorite genre of game.

LOLOLOLOL So Gamersgate closed my account on the last manual review. I shot them an email saying basically "I don't care that you closed my account. Plenty of other places to spend money on the web. That said, you need to refund the last order that went in to manual review and resulted in the account closure. I don't have an order number because you closed my account."

Today I get an email saying the order has been confirmed and my account is magically back open. Only bad thing is I had already rebought one of the games out of the order on steam. I guess I will just eat that $1.50 and be happy.
Hot damn Pengy went all up in Ashot's shit and got him shook.

8uCHaDu.png

I know people won't care since it's a Bundle Fine game, but Brutal Legend is currently 90% off at Steam and GOG. That kind of a discount screams delisting to me.

The console version is seven years old, while the Windows port is 3 years old. So make of that what you will.

Did anyone else here get the Square Enix Holiday Bundle? Is it just me that the 20% off code doesn't work for or is it some bullshit that it cant be used on games already discounted on their store? Am I just blind and unable to find said fine print?

I know people won't care since it's a Bundle Fine game, but Brutal Legend is currently 90% off at Steam and GOG. That kind of a discount screams delisting to me.

The console version is seven years old, while the Windows port is 3 years old. So make of that what you will.
90% off discounts aren't that uncommon for Bundle Fine games.

I agree that FO4 isn't as good as 3 or NV, but is still a decent game. It reminds me of GTA IV with the way more and more people have grown to dislike it. Your ARPG comparison is interesting because, despite liking FO4, that's probably my least favorite genre of game.
Oh, I still think FO4 is great. But it's a different kind of great, mind you. This isn't the same kind of great FO3+NV had going on. The gunplay in FO4 is so much better than ever before, it just can't be ignored. It makes FO3 and NV's gunplay look + feel horrible, in that regard.

Though, I'm sure many still feel - FO4 is just not the same FO anymore. And honestly, it really isn't.

Of course, FO4 is still has one other thing that I like about most Bethesda games: just a blast to explore & roam around the game-world, at your own will.

EDIT:

I also really liked GTA4, BTW. I liked that it's GTA4 base-game was very grounded (unlike most other GTA's + since it was a different direction than Saints Row was going and heading into w/ each release - i.e. SR got even more ridiculous and over-the-top w/ each title) and that each GTA4 DLC got a little bit more GTA-like and a bit less grounded w/ each title.

Though, GTA5 is awesome and seems to be a mixture + culmination of a bunch of different GTA's w/ its different characters and areas. Great game; I still need to get back to it.

I really loved GTA: Vice City and it's probably still my personal favorite GTA; I still would love to see a true-blue GTA: Vice City 2 one day.

FO4 was good/fun but probably pretty easily my least favorite of the three modern fallouts. Gameplay is much better but atmosphere/rpg elements/exploration/memorability of the world are a pretty large step back imho

FO4 was good/fun but probably pretty easily my least favorite of the three modern fallouts. Gameplay is much better but atmosphere/rpg elements/exploration/memorability of the world are a pretty large step back imho
Plus, I've been to Boston. And frankly, it was like a Cliff-notes Boston. At least in FO3, where they stole DC, they blocked off everything they didn't want to have to generate using that Subway system.

bread's done
Back