Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
FO4 was good/fun but probably pretty easily my least favorite of the three modern fallouts. Gameplay is much better but atmosphere/rpg elements/exploration/memorability of the world are a pretty large step back imho
FO4 could certainly use some more interesting hubs like Diamond City.

They seemed to have gave the player lots of Settlements to build, which I guess is cool if you're into that thing or can find a way into that stuff - but it still feels like this game really needs more Bethesda-made pre-built/pre-made hubs like that of Diamond City.

I really loved GTA: Vice City and it's probably still my personal favorite GTA; I still would love to see a true-blue GTA: Vice City 2 one day.
Watch Dogs 2 is as close as you are gonna get. It has that "fun" factor to it imo, where you just enjoy messing around in the world.

90% off discounts aren't that uncommon for Bundle Fine games.
That's usually the case, but this one was published by EA, and it has a lot of licensed music.

Anyway. Resume Games has a sale right now, some okay prices and using the coupon MERRYXMAS on the cart gives you 11% off. But if you use it with Capcom games, the discount is 41% OFF. This works on ALL GAMES, even if they're on sale or not. So you can get Street Fighter V Deluxe for $52.96, or Ducktales for $2.50. It seems to be a glitch, so if you're looking to get some games for cheaper, get on it. Devil May Cry 4 SE is seven bucks and change with that voucher, I'm thinking of grabbing it.

Deep Silver games also have a 30% off discount with that voucher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus, I've been to Boston. And frankly, it was like a Cliff-notes Boston. At least in FO3, where they stole DC, they blocked off everything they didn't want to have to generate using that Subway system.
I lived in Boston for a couple of years and, yes, it was a pretty awful/generic take on Boston. At least when Obsidian did New Vegas and the surrounding area it felt like the region. Aside from a handful of landmarks Boston in FO4 could have been any other generic city.

Stuff you can buy if you're new:

Shooters
DOOM 2016 - $16
Wolfenstein: The New Order - $6
Sniper Elite III - $10
Homefront: the Revolution (Freedom Fighter Edition) - $15
Fallout 4 - $16
Metro Redux Bundle - $6

Strategy / Sim
Civilization V Complete - $9.50
Civilization VI Digital Deluxe - $42
Cities: Skylines - $7
Homeworlds: Deserts of Kharak - $17

I'd keep going but now I'm tired of looking for deals on stuff I already own.

Oh, I have an old 15% off coupon for SuperHOT if anyone I know wants it. Stacks with the current discount but still comes out to $14.45
Would you recommend The New Order over The Old Blood? They appear to be the same price.

Would you recommend The New Order over The Old Blood? They appear to be the same price.
New Order is about two to three times as long as Old Blood. Old Blood was designed as a standalone prequel expansion, with more emphasis on action than a story.

I'd go with New Order.

SeasonalCAG Xmas Eve Giveaway: Just PM me what you want and Regs get priority and had to have one post here before mine to qualify. I already bought TheHangOut brohs gifts from Steam and it was epic too bad you guys weren't there.

Infinifactory
TIS-100
Killing Floor
Shadow Complex Remastered
Broken Age
Grim Fandango Remastered
Lumino City
Titan Souls
Chroma Squad
Odallus: The Dark Call
Lethal League
Mountain
Psychonauts
SUPERFIGHT Closed Beta Access
Risen
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1
Poker Night 2
Poker Night at the Inventory
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2
The Walking Dead: 400 Days
The Walking Dead: Season 1
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
GRAV (Early Access)
Nuclear Dawn
Divekick
Grim Fandango Remastered
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC)

Ok this is my first time able to actually sit at my comp since my daughter was born 3 days ago, what sales/glitches/free stuff did I miss? Hurry before she and my wife wake up!!
Welcome to the 'hood I had to sneak away and tell my wifey and kid I was wrapping gifts to post this haha.

SeasonalCAG Xmas Eve Giveaway: Just PM me what you want and Regs get priority and had to have one post here before mine to qualify. I already bought TheHangOut brohs gifts from Steam and it was epic too bad you guys weren't there.
Thanks for Bad Rats Show, Mr. Grinch.

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SID-MEIERS-CIVILIZATION-VI-DELUXE-ROW-GN/sid-meiers-civilization-vi-digital-deluxe - $41.99

They have the deluxe priced at $59.99 regular instead of $79.99 and its 30% off. Best deal I have seen aside from those who got it for free from the now closed GamesRepublic.

Price is most likely glitched seeing that the regular version is only 10% off.
Thank you very much! The only problem is that I'm Canadian so they are trying to charge me C$73.49 for it when it should be C$56.89

Since that's a difference of over $16 I'm going to need help if I'm going to get it that low

And New Order isn't particularly long if you toss out all the walking/exposition parts.
Pretty much what Mooby said. I'd start with The New Order which is meant to be played first and is a more "complete" game in that it has a story, characters, etc. The Old Blood is essentially TNO's gameplay with 90% of the plot stripped out so it's just straight up shooting. So TNO gives more content (assuming you consider cut scenes and side quests content) but both give about the same game play.

Re: FO4, I liked NV better for story but liked FO4 more than FO3. I think calling FO4 an action RPG is wrong, I save that for button mashers like Diablo/Titan Quest/Torchlight/etc, but it easily has better combat than the earlier FO games. Better graphics, they actually have a palette that includes colors, I liked the companion system and weapon tinkering as well. I'm pretty agnostic about the changes to the SPECIAL/Perk system. There are notably fewer quest branches and the desire to voice your character meant that things had to be streamlined.

Really, what I want out of Fallout is wandering a big map and a bunch of retro-future stuff and FO4 provided. It's certainly worth the twelve or fifteen bucks. The Season Pass is very skippable; the only real world content is Far Harbor and even that isn't integrated well unless you bring a specific companion. The other stuff is mainly base-building and other side mechanics. I didn't regret it for $18 but I'd be pissed if I paid the $50 MSRP or anything close to that.

So it looks like the Resume Games glitch I mentioned also works on Resident Evil 7 and Deluxe's preorder. Standard is $35.30 and Deluxe is 52.96.

U new? Nobody uses credit cards at gamersgate for regional pricing. All aboot the blue coins ya hoser
Didn't they add some new annoyance with blue coins? Like having to confirm with a phone or something. I never used them except for one purchase quite a while ago because I had some built up.

Didn't they add some new annoyance with blue coins? Like having to confirm with a phone or something. I never used them except for one purchase quite a while ago because I had some built up.
really? like confirm at the time of blue coin purchase or when you spend the blue coins....first i heard of this

When you try and pay with blue coins. I used my google voice number and it worked.
Yea it is only an issue if you are trying to buy from a region in which you don't have a phone number I think. When they made the website no longer cache your region info I tried putingating with blue coins and it was a no go IIRC. Pretty sure I tried it anyway, my memory is terrible. I would have tried blue coins before setting up a damn Skrill account. Since I have a Skrill account......

Merry Christmas CAGs!  Happy Hanukkah!  Happy Kwanzaa!  Happy Festivus for the rest of us!

Keep safe if you are traveling.  Enjoy the family and friends.  

I am trying to figure out what game I might be able to play some on the holiday without getting grief from the visiting relatives.  Currently I have been playing a lot of Far Cry Primal.  Probably good time to break out the Wii U for some party games.

Cheers

Merry Christmas!

[SIZE=14.6667px]B6V4F-PL28E-XR6BR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]2CAT3-Q28H7-8YB9D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]7YQRY-DX03J-V3TQ9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]56MBD-Y470E-L6AFW[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]E9JRE-G75EJ-00CGW[/SIZE]

So it looks like the Resume Games glitch I mentioned also works on Resident Evil 7 and Deluxe's preorder. Standard is $35.30 and Deluxe is 52.96.
Amazon UK has Standard for $30-ish (DVD), and I guess most CD key sites have similar site.

Game will be heavily region locked though.

My Christmas gift to you: the reddit comments on the Yogscast Humble Bundle:

[–]doctormaye2 0 points

36 minutes ago

i said this was a shit bundle a few days into the reveals and everyone downvoted me. today i say this is a shit bundle and every agrees... reddit

[–]buttstronomical 8 points

9 hours ago

Bamboozled again.

[–]oddjob20 13 points

10 hours ago

What a shit bundle.

[–]SludgeMonsterVon 34 points

11 hours ago

I come here several times daily now just to read the comments

[–]Bloodman 2 points

an hour ago

same hehe never bought the bundle haha

tebow_zpser7vi2gh.jpg

for Christmas tebow finally made a profile name without any typos. not grammatically correct, but still better than nothing.

Oh yeah, that Yogscast bundle is lousy   30 bucks should get you good games, not added crap for free games, stuff that's already been bundled and other games that have been dirt cheap.

If they want money to go to charity, they should donate too and maybe have some better games.  After all, they're big shots on Youtube right?  All I care about is game deals.

I am trying to figure out what game I might be able to play some on the holiday without getting grief from the visiting relatives. Currently I have been playing a lot of Far Cry Primal. Probably good time to break out the Wii U for some party games.

Cheers
Make sure you break out Mortal Kombat XL and pull off as many Fatalities as possible.

Witcher 3 might be good one, as well.

So is Derp Evil Within any good? And we'll define 'good' by comparing it to what you thought of Wolfenstein New Order.
Do you like any of the Resident Evils since 4? If so, that is what the game is effectively, you should enjoy. If not, pass.

So is Derp Evil Within any good? And we'll define 'good' by comparing it to what you thought of Wolfenstein New Order.
You're losing your touch, old man. You can't replace "the" with "derp". I would've gone with "The Derp Within" or even "The Evil Derpin".

bread's done
Back