Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last night we tried playing No More Room in Hell. No one could find the server Weiler tried to set up, then my computer locked up trying to create a server and I had to reboot. By the time I got back in Bah also had to reboot and that was that. Worth every penny we paid for it. Then we played Battlefield 1 and did worse than usual. Bah fails to realize the symbiotic relationship where my medic can't heal his ass if his support doesn't help keep my ass alive.

Tonight is scheduled Battlefield 1 instead of "This game sucks, let's play BF1" Battlefield 1. I will likely not make it as last night my computer started putting off some temps 15-20 degrees higher than normal. Nothing critical, temps in the 70s, but the sudden spike suggests that something ain't right. All the fans seem to be working so the next step is to put it on its side and clean/reapply thermal compound to the heat sink. Don't know if I'll be back up and running by go time.
RE: NMRIH; Weiler and I actually joined a server and got to play. You start in a room (clearly not in hell, because it was quite spacious) with a bunch of weapons. You pick them up, then open the door and die because there are about 20 zombies and the game only lets you swing your weapon about 4 times before you have reached your "attack the zombies" limit or some shit. I would imagine it's a pretty awesome game if you have never played any other video games in your life and, considering there were about 30 or 40 populated servers, there's quite a few of those people around.

RE: BF1; Buying the Premium Upgrade did not make it easier for me to win the game. Disappointed!

Yes. They think it's profitable to get collectors pay twice :p

So there will be multiple version as separate apps

- Treasure Trove with every campaign

- Separate game for each campaign
Oh, okay then.

I'll +1 the standalone crap (cause I'm stupid) when it gets bundled.

I don't see what any of that has to do with my comment on them removing visual options and their artist being lazy... but I'll counterpoint on some of it.

No one really likes it when you've invested money into their game and they change it at the core level without fixing the games true issues...

As for differences between MH and Diablo... MH is more like Diablo II, or at least it was, and there was a bunch of people who like that... Its now more like Diablo III but unlike Diablo III which can really change how you play the game via gear MH doesn't really have any of that going for it. (Oh, and there was a large number of people who thought Diablo III was a step in the wrong direction when it came out and it took 2 years for DIII to get good.)

Anyhow, I've booted up MH for login rewards (and that near zero % chance I have to get a decent coupon) but haven't played the changes... but I suspect that the changes will make the heroes play very similar to how they where when the game first came out. Nearly identical. Hopefully, I'm wrong and maybe I'll get around to finding it out sometime.
Your shortest paragraph is a more charitable way to say what I've been saying. People that are invested in a game are resistant to change. I do think the changes were aimed at the game's core issues. Again, I'm not sure that, even if aimed in the right direction, they've hit the mark. Necessary isn't the same as correct.

My hope is that the new tier of gear does bring some interesting build options.

I wouldn't do that if I was you... Anymore, Gazillion is more known for crushing hopes than making them come true.
Well, if they don't we're largely left in the place we were before with no real build variety and the reason you play is because you want to see Marvel characters doing Marvel character things. It's been enough for me to put some time into it.

I guess there is another Bonus mission coming to Hitman on the 31st, called Landslide.

Landslide takes you back to Sapienza, where the sun is about to set and the locals have gathered for the Sapienza Festival del Paese. A concert is planned in the piazza near the harbour and the Main Square has been transformed into a marketplace. Your target is Marco Abbiati, a snake-tongued wealthy businessman-turned-politician who is returning to his hometown to run for mayor.

Last night we tried playing No More Room in Hell. No one could find the server Weiler tried to set up, then my computer locked up trying to create a server and I had to reboot. By the time I got back in Bah also had to reboot and that was that. Worth every penny we paid for it. Then we played Battlefield 1 and did worse than usual. Bah fails to realize the symbiotic relationship where my medic can't heal his ass if his support doesn't help keep my ass alive.

Tonight is scheduled Battlefield 1 instead of "This game sucks, let's play BF1" Battlefield 1. I will likely not make it as last night my computer started putting off some temps 15-20 degrees higher than normal. Nothing critical, temps in the 70s, but the sudden spike suggests that something ain't right. All the fans seem to be working so the next step is to put it on its side and clean/reapply thermal compound to the heat sink. Don't know if I'll be back up and running by go time.
you might just be a victim of crappy driver update. I went from 70c and reboots to 90c and reboots to 70 stable in 3 versions of drivers.

Are you running msi afterburner to mess with your fan profiles? crank the fans up at more aggressively as the temps rise.

I wasnt playing medic last night so bah was bitching extra hard. Usually his bad play only gets one of us killed so there is still a medic to revive him.

you might just be a victim of crappy driver update. I went from 70c and reboots to 90c and reboots to 70 stable in 3 versions of drivers.

Are you running msi afterburner to mess with your fan profiles? crank the fans up at more aggressively as the temps rise
My GPU temps were fine so I don't think I'm sharing in your problem (and I never installed the latest AMD driver update). It's the CPU that's suddenly cookin'. Even using my browser puts it around 40C or more where it used to sit at maybe 28-32C during that sort of usage.

I have a water cooler on it and the radiator is pumping out plenty of heat so I know the fluid is moving but I suspect the compound isn't connecting well. So that's my first try. I've already made sure the fans, grates and radiator aren't choked up with dust. If that doesn't work, I might be putting my old Cooler Master 212 back on there and/or killing my overclock to save on heat until I come up with Plan C. But it's been running this setup and overclock for at least 18+ months now without any issue.

My GPU temps were fine so I don't think I'm sharing in your problem (and I never installed the latest AMD driver update). It's the CPU that's suddenly cookin'. Even using my browser puts it around 40C or more where it used to sit at maybe 28-32C during that sort of usage.

I have a water cooler on it and the radiator is pumping out plenty of heat so I know the fluid is moving but I suspect the compound isn't connecting well. So that's my first try. I've already made sure the fans, grates and radiator aren't choked up with dust. If that doesn't work, I might be putting my old Cooler Master 212 back on there and/or killing my overclock to save on heat until I come up with Plan C. But it's been running this setup and overclock for at least 18+ months now without any issue.
Maybe is all the profanity from Bah in battlefield 1 thats heating it up?

I would bet that its just time for new paste and a reset of your heatsink. When Ass Creed Syndicate came out, I started having the same problem, really nasty CPU temp spikes, and when I took the heat sink off the paste was dried up worse than Weiler's mom. Sometimes it just takes an intense game to show the way.

Thread's kinda slow, so just for the hell of it. . . Pillars of Eternity II made its goal in less than 24 hours earlier today and it's well on its way to stretch goal # 1 (probably by the end of the day).

If you're like me and you only have the base game in your backlog at the moment, the two parts of the expansion are on sale at Wingamestore for a record 50% off (but the "season pass", naturally, is not on sale).

EDIT: Also, if you like serious games (I don't mean Planescape: Torment, I mean this), Daily Indie Game has a new bundle full of them here. Many or all have been in Groupees or Indie Gala bundles before, but nobody buys those, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're like me and you only have the base game in your backlog at the moment, the two parts of the expansion are on sale at Wingamestore for a record 50% off (but the "season pass", naturally, is not on sale).
y no wen free ;)

Which reminds me I should continue PoE.

sals-storefront-by-sals-pizza-place.jpg

Pretty slow today, sounds like time to start a pizza fight.  Best Pizza within 40 miles of Chicago.  

Icewind Dale EE is at I believe it's historic low at Bundlestars right now, $4.90. Which figures since I bought it over Christmas for $5.99.

Glad PoE met its goal, was a great game and the screenshots for 2 looked pretty good. Was going to go in for $29 but then I thought about how many rpgs I have sitting in my backlog so I can wait. Still need to buy Tyranny, it looks great too.

Icewind Dale EE is at I believe it's historic low at Bundlestars right now, $4.90. Which figures since I bought it over Christmas for $5.99.

Glad PoE met its goal, was a great game and the screenshots for 2 looked pretty good. Was going to go in for $29 but then I thought about how many rpgs I have sitting in my backlog so I can wait. Still need to buy Tyranny, it looks great too.
Are the enhanced editions of baldurs gate and ice wind worth it? I have the older version (Dungeons and dragons anthology: master collection.) which I know you can mod to work better on modern PCs and monitors/resolutions.

Are the enhanced editions of baldurs gate and ice wind worth it? I have the older version (Dungeons and dragons anthology: master collection.) which I know you can mod to work better on modern PCs and monitors/resolutions.
I am not big into the modding scene and so having a copy ready to go on steam with no messing around is great for me. Have had 2 crashes I think with bg1 so far and I am around 40 hours in. Imo can't really go wrong for $5, the games still hold up decently graphics and gameplay wise. I might be biased though since I love isometric rpgs.

Comcast pls, I didn't expect them to give me a pop-up ever if I were to go over.

I really doubt this household went over 1000gb

hqlsShL.png

They're honestly built around a market of people who don't feel like fooling with mods (and I count myself among those who generally avoid mods for most games). I think the new NPC and quest content that Beamdog added is fun, although The Black Pits (a kind of arena mode) feels pretty superfluous in both games. The other nice thing about the EEs is that they include all expansion content for the BG series. Icewind Dale does too, but I would have liked to have seen them throw IWD II into that package as well. Of the three, BGII is easiest to recommend. I haven't played the IWD EE version yet (I just bought it today too), but it was much more combat-oriented than the BG series, which really isn't the most interesting part of these games for me.

I haven't played Siege of Dragonspear, which hasn't dipped below $17 unless you count that BundleStars package, which was really only of value if you didn't have ANY of the Beamdog remakes, but the reviews were mostly negative. There were some complaints about heavy-handed and unsubtle left-wing political messages in that expansion, but I'd be willing to check it out if it ever hit a $10 pricepoint.

EDIT: After 169 hours and 5 months, I'm finally "finished" with The Witcher 3, including both expansions. What an amazing game. CD Projekt RED really lived up to the hype on this one.

My DIII season character...  I've been working Torment V and its been going pretty well, though I occasional run across something that kicks my ass, but I don't clear them nearly as quickly as I see others farming...  I do kill everything till the rift guardian shows up but I really don't have any AoE powers minus my character's thorns.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/INMATE-1902/hero/71815146

I might drop down to Torment IV and finish off the rest of the bosses in my Chapter 4 season play... 

Oh, and my chest piece was better till I upgraded a rare item for season play...  Obviously, using a piece of gear I use was a mistake.

I have the D+D Ant: Master Collection (DRM-FREE) from Gamersgate also.

I'm thinking I'll probably wait on the BG1+2 EE & IWD EE versions. Would be nice to have them on Steam, though - for built-in time-tracking; not having to do much modding to get it going; and all of them cool Steam features.

I wonder if there'll ever be a Planescape: Torment EE one day; I'd love to see that.

EDIT:

They're honestly built around a market of people who don't feel like fooling with mods (and I count myself among those who generally avoid mods for most games). I think the new NPC and quest content that Beamdog added is fun, although The Black Pits (a kind of arena mode) feels pretty superfluous in both games. The other nice thing about the EEs is that they include all expansion content for the BG series. Icewind Dale does too, but I would have liked to have seen them throw IWD II into that package as well. Of the three, BGII is easiest to recommend. I haven't played the IWD EE version yet (I just bought it today too), but it was much more combat-oriented than the BG series, which really isn't the most interesting part of these games for me.

I haven't played Siege of Dragonspear, which hasn't dipped below $17 unless you count that BundleStars package, which was really only of value if you didn't have ANY of the Beamdog remakes, but the reviews were mostly negative. There were some complaints about heavy-handed and unsubtle left-wing political messages in that expansion, but I'd be willing to check it out if it ever hit a $10 pricepoint.

EDIT: After 169 hours and 5 months, I'm finally "finished" with The Witcher 3, including both expansions. What an amazing game. CD Projekt RED really lived up to the hype on this one.
Crap, I still need to work on the W3 base-game! It's inevitable that I will eventually get the W3 Expansions; it's a matter of "when". I'm really interested in meeting up again w/ Shani in Hearts of Stone; her showing up is long overdue, IMHO.

DAI [base-game] so burned me out on fantasy-themed RPG's, after 150+ hours of that. Loved that game. Of course, I recently bought DAI GOTY for $6 or so from Game UK (Origin key) so I can tackle the DLC's, at some point in time - whenever that might be.

I definitely am interested in BG2 EE b/c of Dragonspear's existence - but for me to go BG2 EE it'd likely have to be cheap; and BG2:EE would have to be bundled w/ Dragonspear; or I'd have to get BG2EE + Dragonspear separately at ultra dirt-cheap pricing.

My DIII season character... I've been working Torment V and its been going pretty well, though I occasional run across something that kicks my ass, but I don't clear them nearly as quickly as I see others farming... I do kill everything till the rift guardian shows up but I really don't have any AoE powers minus my character's thorns.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/INMATE-1902/hero/71815146

I might drop down to Torment IV and finish off the rest of the bosses in my Chapter 4 season play...

Oh, and my chest piece was better till I upgraded a rare item for season play... Obviously, using a piece of gear I use was a mistake.
I'm not a thread regular, but I lurk a lot and have played more D3 than anyone probably should. At lower torments, thorns is as viable as anything, but it is pretty hard to gear for IMO. The gear itself is very specific and the rolls are more important earlier in the game since you can't get thorns damage on every piece of gear or from paragon ppints.

Do you plan on sticking with Invoker? I think every crusader I've built eventually ended up with a Legacy of Nightmares build.

Anyone play the For Honor closed beta? Played a bit yesterday and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
I haven't played this go around but have spent a fair amount of time with it in previous betas...

I like the game, I really like it for the most part but without seeing any of the single player I'll be waiting for a sale... I did read, though its unconfirmed, that the season pass will be more like Rainbow Six: Siege than the normal type of pass... Which I think is a good thing considering how the Division Season Pass has gone.

My biggest multiplayer concern is that it seems to be peer to peer... Well, no seems about it. The beta has been peer to peer but again they won't talk about it. If the game has real servers it could be an awesome game. If it stays peer to peer. I'll be waiting for a big sale.

If it all comes together I can see myself doing a preorder for it via cross region on Steam.

I'm not a thread regular, but I lurk a lot and have played more D3 than anyone probably should. At lower torments, thorns is as viable as anything, but it is pretty hard to gear for IMO. The gear itself is very specific and the rolls are more important earlier in the game since you can't get thorns damage on every piece of gear or from paragon ppints.

Do you plan on sticking with Invoker? I think every crusader I've built eventually ended up with a Legacy of Nightmares build.
I honestly have little idea of what your talking about... :lol:

I'm, sadly, a casual D3 player who has a DH from the core + campaign, a Season 4 Barbarian, and now a season 9 Crusader. (I like thorns because it reminds me of the Paladin from D2. (I have the complete Invoker set.)

I do have a question... When running a normal rift... Is it better to exit right after the guardian is dead or clearing it out... I use to clear it out but was told it was counter productive. I finished clearing one out just now and got far, far more set/legendary pieces.

I honestly have little idea of what your talking about... :lol:

I'm, sadly, a casual D3 player who has a DH from the core + campaign, a Season 4 Barbarian, and now a season 9 Crusader. (I like thorns because it reminds me of the Paladin from D2. (I have the complete Invoker set.)

I do have a question... When running a normal rift... Is it better to exit right after the guardian is dead or clearing it out... I use to clear it out but was told it was counter productive. I finished clearing one out just now and got far, far more set/legendary pieces.
It's technically more efficient to close after you kill the guardian now. When you needed stones to open even a normal rift it made sense to do a full clear because magic find was boosted within the rift and gear was stupid scarce. They've fixed that over the years mercifully. That said, if the level is particularly dense my friends and I will still clear to grab the deaths breaths.

Secret world ultimate edition is 11.69 at bundlestars (eighty percent off). I'm now sure if there's an eligible voucher or not to throw on top of it

I definitely am interested in BG2 EE b/c of Dragonspear's existence - but for me to go BG2 EE it'd likely have to be cheap; and BG2:EE would have to be bundled w/ Dragonspear; or I'd have to get BG2EE + Dragonspear separately at ultra dirt-cheap pricing.
Dragonspear is an expansion pack for the first BG EE. It takes place immediately after the ending events of the first game and supposedly bridges the story gap between BG1 and BG2. I haven't played it yet since I'm still making my way through BG1 but from what I've read thats how it works.

Secret world ultimate edition is 11.69 at bundlestars (eighty percent off). I'm now sure if there's an eligible voucher or not to throw on top of it
There's a vouicher but doesn't work with their "star deals" like this one.

Save more with our brand new discount code!

Spend over $8/£8/€8 to get an extra 8% off* your basket.

LUNAR8

We're really sorry but discount codes cannot be used on our Star Deals!

BEST EVER PRICE! Uncover the conspiracy with a huge 80% off The Secret World: Ultimate Edition. No subscription required!
[...]
The full Secret World massively multiplayer online game with 30 days Membership included.
:whistle2:k (Edit: Ok, it's one of those 'get extra perks' things if you pay in)

In other news, I haven't been able to access the actual Funcom store site for two weeks due to an expired security certificate.

Hmmm; TSW Ultimate contains up to Issue #11 on content DLC's.

Looks like there's 15 Issues out, so far.

Alright, all TSW fans + players...

How's the first 11 DLC's?

How much game-time out of those Issue DLC's each or altogether?

And also - how substantial and good are issues 11-15?

EDIT:

In other news, I haven't been able to access the actual Funcom store site for two weeks due to an expired security certificate.
2775608-bobpagedxhr.jpg

There's a vouicher but doesn't work with their "star deals" like this one.

Save more with our brand new discount code! Spend over $8/£8/€8 to get an extra 8% off* your basket. LUNAR8 We're really sorry but discount codes cannot be used on our Star Deals!
I don't even think they're all that sorry.

bread's done
Back