Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yes, but i'm a biodrone or shill or whatever people are calling fans these days.

It feels very much like the original Mass Effect. Here's some coworkers, okay go check out this weird new land, look at pretty vistas, shoot some aliens, and oh by the way now you're the person who is going to have to pull this shitshow together so spend a few hours talking to these frazzled diplomats.

Gameplay is solid, graphics are nice enough, performance has been solid. I think Mass Effect fans will enjoy it very much. And it will also give the people who love spouting off about the End of Gaming being nigh plenty of ammo in the form of silly gifs.

Maybe the game will take a massive dump on me after 25 hours and become a slog of fetch quests and then tell me that the Reapers were my father all along. Maybe not. Yes, some things suck (facial animations again, character creator), but for now I haven't run across anything that would make me regret a purchase.
Honestly I couldn't care less about facial animations for the most part. Found a way to enjoy Risen and Gothic despite those games having some of the worst character animations I'ver ever seen; as long as the animations aren't consistently horrid I don't mind. Bigger issue is whether there is consistent cringey dialogue (i.e. "my face is tired"). Also I'm hoping they learn from DA:I and also took a few cues from the influence of the witcher 3 and made side quests less MMO like. Based off of what you're saying overall sounds good to me though. Or at least it would if you weren't a fuck ing biodrone

Well, the biodrone took a break from ME long enough to join the bros for Bob Was Hungry, a co-op puzzle platformer from the makers of Bob Could Eat and Bob Will Get Something If You Are.  

The online MP works well once you get going, but when I tried to host we were just met with a black screen. Bah hosted and got the game going.  It starts out easy, but gets to Meat Boy levels of hard at some points.  We played it for over an hour and it was pretty fun.  We even finished a world, but got stuck in a level in the next world and Spoder looked up a walk through and either the level was glitched, the game had changed since the walkthrough, or we sucked.  It was probably us, but it was enough for all of us to ragequit.  I could see myself playing it again though as long as I had Spoder or Parallacks to carry me to the end. 

After that we played a few rounds of Rocket League where I had to carry the sacks of deadweight that are Spoder and Bah as evidenced by my screenshots.  

Well, the biodrone took a break from ME long enough to join the bros for Bob Was Hungry, a co-op puzzle platformer from the makers of Bob Could Eat and Bob Will Get Something If You Are.

The online MP works well once you get going, but when I tried to host we were just met with a black screen. Bah hosted and got the game going. It starts out easy, but gets to Meat Boy levels of hard at some points. We played it for over an hour and it was pretty fun. We even finished a world, but got stuck in a level in the next world and Spoder looked up a walk through and either the level was glitched, the game had changed since the walkthrough, or we sucked. It was probably us, but it was enough for all of us to ragequit. I could see myself playing it again though as long as I had Spoder or Parallacks to carry me to the end.

After that we played a few rounds of Rocket League where I had to carry the sacks of deadweight that are Spoder and Bah as evidenced by my screenshots.
lol we just sucked. Apparently there's a dash button in Bob Was Hungry, I got past where we were stuck at using it so I think we should reschedule it. Was a surprisingly competent game aside from the black screen we got at the start.

Anyone that doesnt own Bob Was Hungry yet should grab it from tremor, only 195 coins and has pretty solid co-op.

EDIT: Scheduled Bob Was Hungry again for next friday. I think we got nearly halfway through the game in one night so we should be able to finish it

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell I had no intention of buying this one for a while but I had a promo thing too.... sigh.  My bundlecrap backlog growing is fine, the rate my FAKEYLOG is growing is ridiculous.  

Still own the original versions of both Turok games for the N64.

Mobo scheduled delivery updated to today. The BF1 dream lives on.

buzz_lightyear_fakeys everywhere.gif

I know better than to be fakeying the new hotnesses at launch.  Backlog is too big and time is too short to spend near full price on something I won't be playing any time soon.  I prefer to wait for 75% off before buying and not playing something.  50% if I'm really, really lying to myself about how soon I'll play it.

Anyone else receive this e-mail?

/!\ IMPORTANT /!\ The DotEmu online store is closing
To our beloved customers,

After over 6 years of good and loyal service, we sadly inform you that we have decided to definitely close DotEmu's online store. It was a place where thousands of PC gamers had been able to find and to buy their favorite retro games but we have no choice but to close it with a heavy heart.

Unfortunately, there are more and more companies that sell games on the online market, the competition is fiercer than it used to be. On the other side, it’s been now a few years that we’re focusing on the development/publishing of console and mobile games instead of distribution. This is the reason why we, DotEmu, have decided to shut the store down.

The schedules for the closing store are as follows:
  • March 1st, 2017: You won't be able to buy new games after this date but will still be able to access to your account in order to download the games you previously bought.
  • June 1st, 2017: the store is closing permanently. The domain will no longer be accessible after this date.

To download your games, please follow the steps below:
  • Go on the website : https://store.dotemu.com/user
  • Login
  • On the top right of your screen, you will find your profile
  • Select “My Games”
  • Select the game you want to install
  • Download and enjoy it!

You don’t have to worry about losing your games, you can still play them even if the store is closed due to the DRM free system. But make sure you download your games before June 1st, otherwise you won’t be able to do so anymore.

Be assured, we will be still looking for great retro games for our community because our mission remains the same: give every gamer access to yesteryear’s classic video games on today's platforms, including PC, mobile, console and more. You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook and keep an eye on our current and future awesome retrogaming projects.

Thank you again for having being part of the great DotEmu's online store adventure and for all the support you gave us. If DotEmu has grown that much, it is all thanks to you and the faith you put into our company for all these years.

Regards,

The DotEmu Team

I remember renting an N64 from Blockbuster to play Turok back when Blockbuster existed and rented out consoles. All I really knew about it at the time was dinosaurs, and fuck yeah dinosaurs.

I was pretty massively disappointed, and have never really understood the nostalgia for the series since then[customspoiler=.]

Of course, "massive disappointment" was also my reaction to things like Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1, so maybe my tastes aren't really in line with a lot of people's.[/customspoiler]
Turok came out when I was in high school, just a few weeks after I started smoking weed. For a time there was absolutely nothing that I didn't enjoy immensely while high. Movies, music, and games--whether they were new or I had played a thousand times--just seemed amazing. Until I played Turok. Turok was the first thing that ever ruined my high and introduced paranoia and doubt into my mind, so that ever since I have been unable to smoke weed without ending up cowering under my bed and listening for the people hiding in the bushes just outside my window, waiting to get me.

Turok 2 was pretty rad, though.

So I read a few articles about the troubles the new Mass Effect seems to be having and actually saw something I didn't know about the story...  The ship that leaves our universe actually left before the events of Mass Effect 3 but its 600 years after ME3 before you start playing. 

I honestly have no idea what to think of that...  They do avoid the crap ending of ME3 even mattering even if its pretty obvious this is all they are trying to do.  Also it seems way too convenient to travel to the next galaxy.  One why would you do so when it would seem so much of your own is unexplored and untapped... and how would you have the tech to even try it? 

All in all, it seems sort of ridiculous but I guess when your painted so far into the corner what can you do...? 

(Honestly, I'm not sure Casey Hudson himself could convince me that some people at Bioware never wanted to work on Mass Effect again, himself included, so they came up with a way to commit IP suicide but the fans rejected it and, obviously, so did EA.)

I was skeptical about the new Mass Effect but once I saw all the videos of people running around like they had shit in their pants I started getting excited.

Turok came out in when I was in high school, just a few weeks after I started smoking weed. For a time there was absolutely nothing that I didn't enjoy immensely while high. Movies, music, and games--whether they were new or I had played a thousand times--just seemed amazing. Until I played Turok. Turok was the first thing that ever ruined my high and introduced paranoia and doubt into my mind, so that ever since I have been unable to smoke weed without ending up cowering under my bed and listening for the people hiding in the bushes just outside my window, waiting to get me.

Shipping + $.02

Turok came out in when I was in high school, just a few weeks after I started smoking weed. For a time there was absolutely nothing that I didn't enjoy immensely while high. Movies, music, and games--whether they were new or I had played a thousand times--just seemed amazing. Until I played Turok. Turok was the first thing that ever ruined my high and introduced paranoia and doubt into my mind, so that ever since I have been unable to smoke weed without ending up cowering under my bed and listening for the people hiding in the bushes just outside my window, waiting to get me.

People or dinosaurs?

So I read a few articles about the troubles the new Mass Effect seems to be having and actually saw something I didn't know about the story... The ship that leaves our universe actually left before the events of Mass Effect 3 but its 600 years after ME3 before you start playing.

I honestly have no idea what to think of that... They do avoid the crap ending of ME3 even mattering even if its pretty obvious this is all they are trying to do. Also it seems way too convenient to travel to the next galaxy. One why would you do so when it would seem so much of your own is unexplored and untapped... and how would you have the tech to even try it?

All in all, it seems sort of ridiculous but I guess when your painted so far into the corner what can you do...?

(Honestly, I'm not sure Casey Hudson himself could convince me that some people at Bioware never wanted to work on Mass Effect again, himself included, so they came up with a way to commit IP suicide but the fans rejected it and, obviously, so did EA.)
It's about the only way of continuing the series without the clouds of Shepard or Reapers hanging over them. The other choices would have been a first-contact era human story, or waaaaaay into the future post-whatever-ending-is-canon. Both would have been limited in terms of plot. Andromeda gives them a mostly blank slate that keeps the one thing Mass Effect games really did well: cool alien buddies. And if they're lucky enough to weather the pre-release shitstorm and have a successful game that demands a sequel, they're definitely not tied into another over-arching God character trilogy, because the Pathfinder plot should be wrapped up in this game. Hopefully.

As far as I know, there's people around who would be insanely happy if Dotemu went bankrupt
photo-thumb-53414.png

Who wants one? Fox has dibs on one for the $12 shipping it will cost

Nice steal! (Deal?)

Zotac isn't a company I've ever dealt with be their reviews on Newegg are respectable... One thing of note all the reviews say the card is huge, which I would expect, but the card might be even bigger than most 1080GTX cards if the reviewera have much tech experience

I cancelled. Not giving them my [possibly soon to be unemployed] money for that piece.

There are some threads online that EA is ignoring people trying to cancel origin preorders.

bread's done
Back