Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
W: TOXIKK

people were talking about this for a future lan party, im hesitant to drop $15 for a game with a dead userbase online, for the 1 or 2 lans my local group has a year. Anyone have this floating around

H: paypal
For the 2nd time, check out Steamtrades. It's historical low is $8.99. You're not getting much of a savings over that from anyone.

Here's a reputable guy with it for 3.5 TF2 or CSGO keys. These are $2 a piece from sellers or you can ask his PP price.

https://www.steamtrades.com/trade/RCxwy/h-hotline-miami-2-soma-toxikk-talos-space-engineers-verdun-age-empires-fallout-4-w-paypalkeys

Hit up one of the many reputable giftsellers

i.e. https://www.steamtrades.com/trade/gCHM5/h-row-gifts-tf2cs-keys-w-keyspaypalbtcgames and ask.

Here it is for like $10 something on G2A, there's other sellers w/ it for less.

https://www.g2a.com/toxikk-steam-early-access-steam-cd-key-global.html

It doesnt seem like a game that you're going to get on the super cheap very easily.

It also looks like theres a Free version to begin with, find out how limiting it is:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/324810/

The Free Edition of TOXIKK is more than a demo: It features the core experience, has no competitive disadvantages versus the Full Game, and lets you play TOXIKK for as long and often as you like. Scroll down to the "About This Game" section, for a detailed feature comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
not an RGB guy myself. i can see the geforce light on my gpu from inside my case and it annoys me.
Part of the reason I went with the Gigabyte WindForce card is because it didn't have lights. But my buddy talked me into adding an RGB strip after I saw that the Mobo already has some blue lights on it. It doesn't look too gaudy when it's all blue.

Just a quick FYI

Impromptu BF1 with the Bros tonight if you're interested. Starts at the top of the hour. 

Also worth noting is theres a big announcement about "Battlefest" that starts March 30th. We were talking about this a few pages back and this looks to be what was rumored. Its gonna last for a few days, so hopefully we can get some time in. Its already scheduled for next Friday, so get innnnnn.

For the 2nd time, check out Steamtrades. It's historical low is $8.99. You're not getting much of a savings over that from anyone.

Here's a reputable guy with it for 3.5 TF2 or CSGO keys. These are $2 a piece from sellers or you can ask his PP price.

https://www.steamtrades.com/trade/RCxwy/h-hotline-miami-2-soma-toxikk-talos-space-engineers-verdun-age-empires-fallout-4-w-paypalkeys

Hit up one of the many reputable giftsellers

i.e. https://www.steamtrades.com/trade/gCHM5/h-row-gifts-tf2cs-keys-w-keyspaypalbtcgames and ask.

Here it is for like $10 something on G2A, there's other sellers w/ it for less.

https://www.g2a.com/toxikk-steam-early-access-steam-cd-key-global.html

It doesnt seem like a game that you're going to get on the super cheap very easily.

It also looks like theres a Free version to begin with, find out how limiting it is:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/324810/

The Free Edition of TOXIKK is more than a demo: It features the core experience, has no competitive disadvantages versus the Full Game, and lets you play TOXIKK for as long and often as you like. Scroll down to the "About This Game" section, for a detailed feature comparison.
I dont use steamtrades. Thats like the other side of the train tracks. I dont go there unless its to see Fox's mom and then only during the day (plus the lines are shorter)

Ill ping that one guys you listed. Cant login to steamtrades. says it can verify my level. cleared cookies, tried more than one browser. grrr

I love LEDs.  I have a shit load of blue LED fans in my case even though I don't have a plexiglass window or anything.  Three blue led fans on the top, two on the drive bays, two on the side, one huge one on the front, one big one in the back.  Replaced the fan in my cooler with a blue led.  Would add blue led fans to my gfx card if I could.  Keyboard has blue LED backlighting.  Mouse has blue leds.  I like to game in the dark with a blue led glow around me.  

Ew

Though I do have a lighted mouse and RGB keyboard. I'm doing white leds on my case inside, not out of choice, but because that's the only color I can't stand and I don't want to mess with unsoldering

I turn off all lights on my gpu and mobo and dont buy fans that have them either. Ive done the builds with windows and cathodes and leds, 20 years ago, once or twice was enough. Now I prefer nondescript sealed and acoustically panelled black boxen that sit out of the way unseen and unheard

I love LEDs. I have a shit load of blue LED fans in my case even though I don't have a plexiglass window or anything. Three blue led fans on the top, two on the drive bays, two on the side, one huge one on the front, one big one in the back. Replaced the fan in my cooler with a blue led. Would add blue led fans to my gfx card if I could. Keyboard has blue LED backlighting. Mouse has blue leds. I like to game in the dark with a blue led glow around me.
I heard you get a few more VRAMz and gigahertz if your neighbor can see your computer glow.

I heard you get a few more VRAMz and gigahertz if your neighbor can see your computer glow.
If something doesn't glow I assume it's not working. I wish they made blue led sata cables, I'd buy that too. Preferably ones that pulsed in a direction to emulate the data flowing. This is all mostly for my own satisfaction since I just see a little glow coming out of my case. It has vents for air and stuff, but it's not designed to showcase it's innards.

I've had my doubts about Rocket League (just got it in BundleStars' bundle) but that is a fun game!  And it doesn't hurt at all that it is apparently optimized like crazy.  I've had zero graphics problems with my GTX 670...I'm getting 60 fps pretty consistently at 1440p.

The bros will be happy to know I figured out what was wrong with my controller.  It was the cord.  Sure, some may say that should have been the first thing I tried and the torn plastic casing and frazzled aluminum shielding should have been a warning sign.  Some may even ask what  good is that box of replacement cables if you refuse to use them. Those people are idiots.  

The bros had a pretty good run on BF1 last night. We won a few, lost a few, and got pounded once or twice. Me and weiler played the entire time for about 4.5 hours with Parallacks, Syntax, and Sasquatch all joining for lengthy periods of time. The new maps are pretty enjoyable, with my personal fave being Fort de Veux (I love close quarters interior maps, with one of my all time fave MP maps in any game being Shipment on CODMW)  and least being Soissons. The other 2 have their good and bad aspects and I'd be game for trying some other modes on them (we tried a bit of War Pigeon that I didn't mind, but Parallacks was unenthusiastic about it). I'm looking forward to them integrating the launch maps with these maps as my favorite in the game remains Argonne Forest, but I'd put Fort de Veux a close second. For the record, my fave multiplayer map in any FPS game of all time is Carentan in the first COD.

I noticed that DX11 was a lot more stable for me than DX12 last night as I've been meaning to switch to it for the last few times we've played it. That's not say that the game's DX12 integration is bad, but I had a little bit better stability in all respects with DX11 as I had been experiencing some frame drops with DX12 since the big patch a few weeks ago. Prior to that I did not have any issues with DX12 so something's changed somewhere. 

The game is next scheduled for Friday 3/31 and with Battlefest starting Thursday, we'll probably have some impromptu sessions throughout the event. I would bet on a sale this week potentially so keep an eye out if you're interested and feel free to join the group. We typically get a good 4-6 people every time its scheduled and it would be awesome if we could get enough people with the game where we'd have enough for two squads (5 per squad).

DX12 on BF1 ran pretty poorly for me.  I was all game to try it since DOOM with DX12 was heavenly but BF1 gave me a bunch of microstutters and hang-ups until I switch to DX11.  Since which, it has run top notch.

I been meaning to try it on dx12 since the latest nvidia patches. They made a large amount of performance improvements wrt to dx12 on their gpu's so Im hoping with those it may be more stable, and actually provide an fps boost since before there was just no reason to even use it

Any mouse recommendations? The middle click on my scroll wheel stopped working on my Razer Deathadder Chroma so now I'm shopping around for a new one. I'm thinking of going for the Logitech G502 Proteus Core.

Any mouse recommendations? The middle click on my scroll wheel stopped working on my Razer Deathadder Chroma so now I'm shopping around for a new one. I'm thinking of going for the Logitech G502 Proteus Core.
Are you still within Warranty?

If "yes", contact them and try to RMA it.

I have a Logitech G600, which I like a lot - but in many instances, I don't use all the buttons or accidentally hit other buttons on there b/c either my fingers are too big for the mouse or layout of 12 buttons on the side is too small. Also, that mouse has a learning curve - as its quite bigger than the typical mouse.

So, I really don't use G600 much any more. With many games having cycle wheel in-game hotkey for inventory (which is controller friendly), I noticed that I don't even use all the 12-side buttons either - I just use the cycle. Best software for profiling games though comes w/ Logitech's mice, though - that thing is ace.

I have a WoW Legendary MMO Mouse (my main mouse) + RoseWill RGM 300 Jet Mouse, also - I like 'em both. Nothing special or fancy, but they both do the job fine. RGM 300 Jet is a real cheap mouse, but if you catch it for like $10 or less in a NewEgg sale, can't go wrong w/ it.

I like the WoW Legendary for its build - it just feels really nice; got it for like $20 last year on Clearance at WalMart's. Its profiling program ain't anything special as its mostly WoW-centric, I don't really like the program for Non-WOW game, and I don't use all the buttons on the side so its fine as is anyways, TBH.

That Logitech G502 Proteus does look nice - I wish that'd get on sale cheap again. I wanted it when it was $25 on Fry's last year and ordered one - but they cancelled it out on me eventually b/c it went on Back-Order and then months later they never re-ordered anymore.

A buddy of mine swears by the Corsair M65 FPS Gaming Mouse. I'm just waiting on a sale to personally pick it up to try it out since my original Deathadder is still kicking.

Is it weird I basically only come by to ask obscure PC questions and to read up on Bro night updates?

The bros will be happy to know I figured out what was wrong with my controller. It was the cord. Sure, some may say that should have been the first thing I tried and the torn plastic casing and frazzled aluminum shielding should have been a warning sign. Some may even ask what good is that box of replacement cables if you refuse to use them. Those people are idiots.
your goodwill was out of cables and/or controllers? you are screwed

I use a Madcatz R.A.T. T.E. Mouse and I love it. It's been as cheap as $29.99. Coolermaster used to make really good mice, but I think they stopped making the model I liked. (Xornet Spawn I think). I have a Lenovo gaming mice I got for cheap at Best Buy, but it's a little big and heavy for me. Also have Logitech G300 and it's a nice mouse. So many good mice, it's hard to go wrong.

Mice are weird, because you really don't get much improvement for spending more money.  However I keep finding myself going back to the good, corded Logitech gaming mice.   Their products just last the longest and have nice ergonomics.  But they are overpriced and most < $20 gaming mice are just fine. 

G502 Proteus Spectrum and K70 RGB Rapidfire are what I use. Highly recommended.

You guys are crazy. I use a seven year old single-button touchpad (with a stubborn button) to game and I do fine.

Ive been using one of these for about 3 years now:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826146014&cm_re=gigabyte_mouse-_-26-146-014-_-Product

gigabyte m8000-x

great grips on it, adjustable weight (i like mine fully weighted), fully customizable through software, dpi switch easily located, laser with tracking adjustment (this got me the first time, just have to hold down the profile switch button until the mouse blinks then move it across your surface and it adjusts tracking based on the surface). Adjustable dpi is good for games like battlefield so you can crank up the dpi when in a large turret and still be able to turn super fast

bread's done
Back