Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hi, it's your cat president again. I just noticed, because I'm a very, very good noticer, everyone says so. In fact, I was the first to notice just how good at noticing I am. I'm the best noticer, it's true. So I noticed that the LEGO Batman 3 Season Pass is actually on sale on Steam for $3.74. So anyone that got it from Bundle Stars could blow some Steam cash on it. I know we're all like multi-millionaires on Steam and struggle to find good deals to spend it on. This could be one for you, who knows? I know, of course I know. I'm the cat president and I know everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets say a guy was tired of battlefront, i know not really possible, and was looking to get into battlefield 1.  Ultimate edition worth it?  Seems like the deluxe edition it not worth the extra from the standard version, but ultimate is more than double the ultimate edition.  

Thanks is advance for your kind and rude comments!

lets say a guy was tired of battlefront, i know not really possible, and was looking to get into battlefield 1. Ultimate edition worth it? Seems like the deluxe edition it not worth the extra from the standard version, but ultimate is more than double the ultimate edition.

Id say its worth it. You are right, deluxe edition crap is never worth it. However the premium pass for battlefields is usually worth it as the community does play the dlc maps unlike the COD games (and the last battlefront). At the current sale price of 77$ thats not too bad, since the base game can usually be had for ~35 and the only discount on premium previously were the amazon glitches at 30. So 77 for the full pack is only a bit more than lowest possible, and of course you do get the unnecessary deluxe crap with it

lets say a guy was tired of battlefront, i know not really possible, and was looking to get into battlefield 1. Ultimate edition worth it? Seems like the deluxe edition it not worth the extra from the standard version, but ultimate is more than double the ultimate edition.

Well, right now the Ultimate is $78 and the Standard is $36, so you're talking $42 for the Premium Pass basically. I don't really think the stuff that comes with the Deluxe is really worth consideration. It's like plane and vehicle skins really. The bros paid $30 for the base and $30 for premium from Amazon glitch (it glitches pretty often) so $60 would be the low point.

A lot of the fan is grinding out XP and getting battlepacks to unlock weapons and skins, etc. so I'm not huge on paying for those.

Id say its worth it. You are right, deluxe edition crap is never worth it. However the premium pass for battlefields is usually worth it as the community does play the dlc maps unlike the COD games (and the last battlefront). At the current sale price of 77$ thats not too bad, since the base game can usually be had for ~35 and the only discount on premium previously were the amazon glitches at 30. So 77 for the full pack is only a bit more than lowest possible, and of course you do get the unnecessary deluxe crap with it
Don't forget that they added that party pass thing though so as long as he plays with someone in his party who has premium, he doesn't need it. Premium is nice for the free weekly battlepacks though.

Edit:

Corrected below.

Don't forget that they added that party pass thing though so as long as he plays with someone in his party who has premium, he doesn't need it. Premium is nice for the free weekly battlepacks though.
Not anymore, it got turned off after battlefest. No real guarantee it will ever come back either. If that was going to be around forever then Id say skip premium all together, but I have a feeling they will only be doing it for events

Not anymore, it got turned off after battlefest. No real guarantee it will ever come back either. If that was going to be around forever then Id say skip premium all together, but I have a feeling they will only be doing it for events
Damn, that sucks. I thought it was a permanent adjustment. How were the serves last night? It had been hell trying to get into servers before they did that.

Well, right now the Ultimate is $78 and the Standard is $36, so you're talking $42 for the Premium Pass basically.
Keep in mind that if you've never used the Origin Access trial, you can do that and get 10% off your purchases.

Your Origin Access membership discount should work in conjunction, or “stack,” with most – but not all – Origin Store promotions and discounts.

The Deluxe gets you a couple extra weapons: the Red Baron pistol, the Lawrence of Arabia’s SMLE, LoA sword and pistol -- I get shot by the rifle often enough that people must use it but I'm not claiming that's reason enough to buy it. As an add-on with the Ultimate Edition though for a first time buyer, it's not terrible. Wouldn't buy Deluxe on its own though.

I'd be wary of assuming that the Premium Pass will glitch again. Which means it will right after you buy it.

Keep in mind that if you've never used the Origin Access trial, you can do that and get 10% off your purchases.

Your Origin Access membership discount should work in conjunction, or “stack,” with most – but not all – Origin Store promotions and discounts.

The Deluxe gets you a couple extra weapons: the Red Baron pistol, the Lawrence of Arabia’s SMLE, LoA sword and pistol -- I get shot by the rifle often enough that people must use it but I'm not claiming that's reason enough to buy it. As an add-on with the Ultimate Edition though for a first time buyer, it's not terrible. Wouldn't buy Deluxe on its own though.

I'd be wary of assuming that the Premium Pass will glitch again. Which means it will right after you buy it.
Well the extra 10% discount for the Access trial I would say go ahead and buy it. It brings it close enough to the $60 IMO. Good point.

Damn, that sucks. I thought it was a permanent adjustment. How were the serves last night? It had been hell trying to get into servers before they did that.
Servers seemed fine. I actually like having them separated (of course I'm not shut out of content) because it makes it easy to decide which class of maps I want. Before, they all did the full blend of standard & DLC maps since the "party mode" thing was going on.

The store page for BF1 has a "Save 10% on this purchase with Origin Access..." thing on it so I assume they'll stack. That's about $35 for the base game and $35 for the DLC pass with the deluxe junk as a gimme which isn't a bad deal. In theory, you could wait and do better but for a few bucks more you can play right now.

lets say a guy was tired of battlefront, i know not really possible, and was looking to get into battlefield 1.
Of course, it's possible!

It's not like DICE's Battlefront 1 reboot was loaded w/ Single-Player Campaign-style type of content.

Skirmish-style Modes for SP can only go so far.

Certainly would've helped round-out Battlefront 1, if it had also a SP Campaign.

BTW, DICE's Battlefront 2 trailer looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

One final thing: it's nearly universally accepted that all of the DLC is mostly worthless. For the most part it consists of a handful of characters. Each game already has 40-50 (or more) unlockable characters, so unless you're absolutely in love with the IP and must have them all, you can safely skip.

... Except the Marvel Avengers DLC. It does include new levels as well as characters. Basically, the Season Pass plus Antman will get you all of the story levels and more characters than you can shake a stick at. Skip the Civil War DLC because it's a handful of crappy skins.

Of course, if you're like me, you'll buy them all anyway out of compulsion. :whistle2:
Would you recommend Marvels Avengers Season Pass as an extra $2.50 purchase or should I try Avengers first? Batman 2 or 3 for the Pick & Mix? I haven't played any of them although I have Batman 1 for Xbox 360. I want Avengers, Jurassic World (because dinos) so I need a third.

For anyone buying Avengers you can get a free Spider-Man character pack from Steam. (I guess you can get some freebies for some of the other games too.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/449394/

I can confirm with what Syntax Error mentioned above^^

I still have my Origin Access for another few days, and for the first time noticed you can gift games with your Origin Access discount applied on top of current sale discounts.

So BF1 standard ends up being $34.61 and BF1 Ultimate is $74.99 after tax. Looks like you have to be friends with the person you are gifting the game to on Origin before proceeding through the checkout process. Just an FYI.

The STAR WARS Battlefront II pre-order also received the 10% discount, standard $57.68 or elite trooper deluxe ed $76.92 (after taxes).

No one else has shown up and I cant play til later tonight, you're on your own, D!
That's cool.

Maybe see y'all later on...if I don't fall asleep by then!

I'm gonna try and stay awake as much + as long as possible, just in case anyone is looking to play some QC.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition PC retail box = $20 on NewEgg with a Promo Code.

Check e-mail for Promo Code.

Price is before any shipping costs.

W3: WH Complete should activate up on GOG.

W3: WH Complete includes W3 WH Base-game, Hearts of Stone expansion, and Blood + Wine expansion.
Kind of tempted by this. Would like it for 12.50 or 15 on Steam, but it feels like i've been waiting forever (did W3 really release May 2015? Still seems like it just got out). It probably won't hit 15 on Steam until Summer sale 2018 or something.

Kind of tempted by this. Would like it for 12.50 or 15 on Steam, but it feels like i've been waiting forever (did W3 really release May 2015? Still seems like it just got out). It probably won't hit 15 on Steam until Summer sale 2018 or something.
I would be tempted, if I actually finished W3 already. That ain't happened.

I'm not even close + only need Expansion Pass.

Also, Expansion Pass has been $15 on GOG before, so I can wait:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=witcheriiiwildhuntexpansionpass

EDIT:

Yeah, if this was $12.50 - I'd be so over that deal.

Your CD Keys thread is a work of art, Fox.

*Tips hat*
ya know I used to wonder who these SJW/triggered/snowflake people were that the right would always go on about since I had never met anyone like that (and my whole circle of friends and community is very liberal). Until now, thanks fox, great thread is great

Would you recommend Marvels Avengers Season Pass as an extra $2.50 purchase or should I try Avengers first? Batman 2 or 3 for the Pick & Mix? I haven't played any of them although I have Batman 1 for Xbox 360. I want Avengers, Jurassic World (because dinos) so I need a third.
Marvel and Avengers are the two best LEGO games, imo. Since the Season Pass comes with almost all the story DLC, it's worth getting if you are a Marvel fan. The story levels are Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Agents of SHIELD, Baron Zemo, and Dr Strange. The Ant Man level is separate from the Pass because reasons.

So should you get the Season Pass? Do you like LEGO games? Do you like Marvel? If yes, I'd say $2.50 is fair for the amount of content you'll get. It's not essential as each story is self-contained and there's already a lot of content in the game. I was happy with it though.

I like Batman 3 a little bit more, but they are both good... lots of cool DC characters to use.

ya know I used to wonder who these SJW/triggered/snowflake people were that the right would always go on about since I had never met anyone like that (and my whole circle of friends and community is very liberal). Until now, thanks fox, great thread is great
Get on YouTube and watch the thousands of hilarious videos. Entertainment gold.

Your CD Keys thread is a work of art, Fox.

*Tips hat*
I really thought people were just going to laugh at the idea of someone mentioning Jesus during an Easter sale just because it's like Christmas where yeah it's technically a Christian holiday but kids just want candy and a bunny. Didn't even think it was going to piss people off like it did. But then I just kind of felt like I had to follow through with it.

I really thought people were just going to laugh at the idea of someone mentioning Jesus during an Easter sale just because it's like Christmas where yeah it's technically a Christian holiday but kids just want candy and a bunny. Didn't even think it was going to piss people off like it did. But then I just kind of felt like I had to follow through with it.
I was like "who the fuck are all these triggered rando's in here" then remembered I wasn't in the steam thread. This place is like the wild west once you leave here.

I was like "who the fuck are all these triggered rando's in here" then remembered I wasn't in the steam thread. This place is like the wild west once you leave here.
58a78fe48ac28decf2e3108d0a4501f1.gif

Also played through Yooka-Laylee but I'm too lazy to write a full-fledged review. The short of it: It has its warts and Spoder's issues are completely legitimate, but I still found myself having a lot of fun with it the majority of the time. Game is beautiful and well-optimized. Soundtrack is strong. The controls are good 95% of the time ( fuck that World 2 transformation). Worlds do border on being too large but I enjoyed the exploration and NPC interactions enough to look past it. Challenges and side-quests are diverse and, at times, surprisingly challenging. I've grown to hate collectathons these days but YL still managed to hit a lot of the right notes for me.

You definitely need to have enjoyed the Banjo games to have a shot at enjoying YL, though. It won't bring new fans to the 3D platformer genre. But as a fan of the N64 Rare titles that had also grown nervous in the final months leading up to release, I was pleasantly satisfied with the final result.

Also played through Yooka-Laylee but I'm too lazy to write a full-fledged review. The short of it: It has its warts and Spoder's issues are completely legitimate, but I still found myself having a lot of fun with it the majority of the time. Game is beautiful and well-optimized. Soundtrack is strong. The controls are good 95% of the time ( fuck that World 2 transformation). Worlds do border on being too large but I enjoyed the exploration and NPC interactions enough to look past it. Challenges and side-quests are diverse and, at times, surprisingly challenging. I've grown to hate collectathons these days but YL still managed to hit a lot of the right notes for me.

You definitely need to have enjoyed the Banjo games to have a shot at enjoying YL, though. It won't bring new fans to the 3D platformer genre. But as a fan of the N64 Rare titles that had also grown nervous in the final months leading up to release, I was pleasantly satisfied with the final result.
Yeah that world 2 transformation was the worst, and they expect you to go across the damn map with it LOL. I liked the game and wanted to give it a positive review at first, but I was getting too pissed off at its issues when playing it and that was halting my enjoyment too many times.

I didn't really care one way or the other that jontron got cut, but I will say that the voice acting they replaced it with is worse than JonTron's, they clearly rushed that. The stuff in Yooka Laylee (and the Banjo series) can barely be called voice acting though, so not a big deal. That, and the dialogue for the character JonTron's voice would've been used for was very short anyway, and his character only shows up once.

That was the thing that surprised me. Your schtick was clear from the outset and yet people were losing their damn minds.

So many of them were so utterly damn clueless that they couldn't grasp that the group that would be MOST likely to be offended would be the exact sort of devout evangelical that your posts purport to be posted by.

Maybe they're so sheltered that they've never actually met people that are that devout and missionary in their message, so they just lash out at the caricature that they do know- like Ned Flanders, Quagmire in "behind the scenes" Family Guy stuff, etc..

It kind of makes me dread that maybe somewhere out there on the internet there's records maintained of me being a dumb ranting kid.

riported for not believing Jesus is the one true savior. something something GabeN

hey guys terraria is on sale for a full 40% off, it has never been bundled and has definitely not been on sale for like 25 cents 403295729 times so be sure to pick it up

Took 73 hours but I beat Mass Effect Andromeda. 8.5/10
Took me 53 but it sure felt like more. I think I did all the important missions except the random, miscellaneous ones that just have you collecting stuff. If I learned anything from the original trilogy, it's that collectors are bad.

Overall I liked the game. Probably the best combat in the series, and although the characters weren't as memorable as the original trilogy, they grew on me. But I vastly preferred the story in the original trilogy and I had more fun exploring the Milky Way (btw that autocorrected to Milky Twat). Ultimately, probably my third favorite game in the series, mostly because the first game is so gaddamn tedious.

Good game!

Angel Express [Tokkyu Tenshi]

8Y9Y5-KFW7C-LB_LH

8XLCF-6XW_3-CQH09

Our lord and savior J_sus Christ.

EDIT: Hmm, I got a "Query account by CD key" e-mail, so I might have posted the wrong 2 keys (I had 2 used, 2 unused), was that one of y'all or just coincidental? Here are the other two just in case:

8YB97-NCXZL-RVRJL

7NQZY-F0LNZ-55H2L

Angel Express [Tokkyu Tenshi]

8Y9Y5-KFW7C-LB_LH

8XLCF-6XW_3-CQH09

Our lord and savior J_sus Christ.

EDIT: Hmm, I got a "Query account by CD key" e-mail, so I might have posted the wrong 2 keys (I had 2 used, 2 unused), was that one of y'all or just coincidental? Here are the other two just in case:

8YB97-NCXZL-RVRJL

7NQZY-F0LNZ-55H2L
Got this one 7NQZY-F0LNZ-55H2L

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I should bite on the CDKeys Pillars deal, not convinced it will ever go below $10

bread's done
Back