Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Any opinions on playerunknown battlegrounds? Im trying to figure out my 5k game. Hate for it to be some EA poorly optimized game but Im not seein many other options

Any opinions on playerunknown battlegrounds? Im trying to figure out my 5k game. Hate for it to be some EA poorly optimized game but Im not seein many other options
Well, it is a poorly optimized EA game. That said, if you like battle royal style games you will like it. Better than H1Z1 imo.

I picked up a tremor copy of Uriel's Chasm ages ago and unless I see something I want an excuse to buy at full price, I am making it my 5,000th game.  It seems fitting considering most of those games are bundle trash.

The bros played Tricky Towers tonight and it turned to be a fun and competitive game that we all enjoyed. The game is basically a Tetris-style puzzle game and has a couple of variations on the mode, from survival which gives you 3 lives and your run is over once you lose all 3, a race which is exactly what it is, and a puzzle mode which gives you a varying base to start on. Each player also gets random power ups as the level progresses. It's not the deepest of experiences, but its surprisingly addictive and ended up being a lot of fun. The physics can make your life a living hell if a block is placed crookedly and some of the power ups are brutal if played at the right time.

All in all this game is easily suggested. There's a single player mode which I didnt get to try but maybe Parallacks or sasquatch can elaborate on that. This would be a good backup game and Id be game to schedule it again. 

And number 5000

ZBqOTbH.jpg

Add me as another who enjoyed X-Wing and Tie Fighter... Though old I still feel they do the best job of feeling like the movies. (Or at least the space combat part.)

Still have no idea why EA hasn't tried to make a spiritual sequel.

The bros played Tricky Towers tonight and it turned to be a fun and competitive game that we all enjoyed. The game is basically a Tetris-style puzzle game and has a couple of variations on the mode, from survival which gives you 3 lives and your run is over once you lose all 3, a race which is exactly what it is, and a puzzle mode which gives you a varying base to start on. Each player also gets random power ups as the level progresses. It's not the deepest of experiences, but its surprisingly addictive and ended up being a lot of fun. The physics can make your life a living hell if a block is placed crookedly and some of the power ups are brutal if played at the right time.

All in all this game is easily suggested. There's a single player mode which I didnt get to try but maybe Parallacks or sasquatch can elaborate on that. This would be a good backup game and Id be game to schedule it again.
I'll second Tricky Towers. Very fun game. A few things could improve on the UI end, but game itself is very fun. I was also very good at it, so that helped, but the other guys started getting better and actually making it competitive by the end. Otherwise I might have pulled a FissFiss/Keeper and quit so they could enjoy the game without my dominance.

Edit:

Also, Wildlands just hit $35 on console, so I'm hoping for a similar sale to come to PC soon. Seems to be dropping in price quicker than your typical Ubi game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, I remember for X-Wing (which as I recall was the sequel to Tie Fighter) I had to upgrade my computer processor.  I also think that or Privateer was one of my first CDROM games.  Tie Fighter was 3.5 until I upgraded to the collector's edition as I recall.  I still have those disks.  

WHY they haven't made a modern revamp.... just like Privateer.  Great ideas that I would WANT a reboot done on... not done.

Starcraft, a game that IMO hasn't aged well, revamp.

So what is the prevailing opinion on Nuuvem? on a scale of G2A to Steam?
I've never heard of Nuuvem being shady. They're just a Brazilian (?) game site along the lines of GMG. I've bought from them numerous times, just make sure whatever you're buying is a worldwide key. Not positive if they have some region locked ones mixed in there, but I've never run into any.

Nuuvem is an authorized distributor which is why they were forced to gate off the SA deals from us northerners.  They were jeopardizing their agreements with the publishers otherwise.

Unfortunately the game I wanted to buy needs me to verify a bank account with Paypal which I am simply not willing to do for a game lol.
Yeah, I think a lot of that is because "Buy from Nuuvem for Brazilian pricing on games" was one of the worst-kept secrets for a while and everyone was taking advantage of their S. American regional pricing. That got the publishers upset and Nuuvem started cracking down. They checked by IP so everyone just used proxies and finally Nuuvem locked it at the payment portion -- unless you were paying through a S. American bank, you couldn't buy SA regional products. You could go through some hoops to get some re-loadable bank card from Argentina and stuff if you really wanted to but most people just said thanks for the memories of cheap games.

None of that would change your mind about what you're willing to do, of course. Just the history of Nuuvem and why it is the way it is.

first time ive remembered to get my chrono coins 5 days in a row, at this pace I will be able to get half life 3 with coins in about 10 years!

My record was once hitting 14 days but, short of making Chrono.gg my browser home page, that's as good as it's ever going to get.
I was at 6 on Saturday and then forgot on Easter and here I am about to hit three again! At least I'll get another three day bonus.

I don't need anything from them currently, but Slayaway Camp exceeded my expectations for their offerings so I am trying to take them seriously now.

You guys are really wasting your chance to post this stuff in the chrono.gg thread. Just think, you could resurrect a thread from November!

Yeah, I think a lot of that is because "Buy from Nuuvem for Brazilian pricing on games" was one of the worst-kept secrets for a while and everyone was taking advantage of their S. American regional pricing. That got the publishers upset and Nuuvem started cracking down. They checked by IP so everyone just used proxies and finally Nuuvem locked it at the payment portion -- unless you were paying through a S. American bank, you couldn't buy SA regional products. You could go through some hoops to get some re-loadable bank card from Argentina and stuff if you really wanted to but most people just said thanks for the memories of cheap games.

None of that would change your mind about what you're willing to do, of course. Just the history of Nuuvem and why it is the way it is.
I remember hearing about Nuuvem a long time ago but never went there. My unwillingness to link to a bank has nothing to do with Nuuvem and 100% to do with I'm lazy as fuck lol.

If you end up buying a South American key from Nuuvem wouldn't it be locked on Steam to redeem in that region anyways? Or do they sell region free keys with SA prices?

EDIT - Not that any of this matters, since we can't buy the games anyways.

If you end up buying a South American key from Nuuvem wouldn't it be locked on Steam to redeem in that region anyways? Or do they sell region free keys with SA prices?
Most of it was region-free, in particular WB games like the Batman stuff. Not a ton of stuff has a SA-specific version although smart people made sure to check first.

The Lego Worlds deal I'm still winning on (well my kid is).  Telling people about it when Lego went on sale the other week for $10 and people were all like "WHEN DID U GET IT FOR 5" and then when I said Nuuvem... yea... 

The Lego Worlds deal I'm still winning on (well my kid is). Telling people about it when Lego went on sale the other week for $10 and people were all like "WHEN DID U GET IT FOR 5" and then when I said Nuuvem... yea...
Hopefully you keep this story up like fellow cheaptard MysterDerp and the secret world 5 dollars on green man gaming story.

Hopefully you keep this story up like fellow cheaptard MysterDerp and the secret world 5 dollars on green man gaming story.
Nobody needs to keep that TSW at $5.25 story up anymore.

TSW is going F2P at some point soon in time as SWL - https://secretworldlegends.com/

Plus, Bayonetta actually got a PC port - http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/460790/

A few things checked off the list.

Now, many more to wait on...

EDIT:

Please elaborate for those of us who don't know.
GMG had TSW for $5.25 once, when it was still under 30-day sub. MysterD didn't buy it.

Sale didn't come back.

TSW eventually dropped sub-free went Buy-to-Play - meaning all who subbed once could keep the game.

MysterD complained on CAG about not buying it back then a lot.

MysterD made it, more or less, his own running CAG Meme + constantly brought it up. CAG joked about it, got annoyed by it constantly referred to, and other things - you know, like usual stuff you see on CAG.

Nobody needs to worry about that anymore. Won't even need to worry about me complaining about not buying Ultimate Edition for Steam or TSW Complete Edtion on Funcom, since TSW is becoming SWL and will be F2P.

Nobody needs to keep that TSW at $5.25 story up anymore.
TSW is going F2P at some point soon in time as SWL - https://secretworldlegends.com/

Plus, Bayonetta actually got a PC port - http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/460790/

A few things checked off the list.
Now, many more to wait on...

EDIT:

GMG had TSW for $5.25 once, when it was still under 30-day sub. MysterD didn't buy it.
Sale didn't come back.

TSW eventually dropped sub-free went Buy-to-Play - meaning all who subbed once could keep the game.
MysterD complained on CAG about not buying it back then a lot.

MysterD made it, more or less, his own running CAG Meme + constantly brought it up. CAG joked about it, got annoyed by it constantly referred to, and other things - you know, like usual stuff you see on CAG.

Nobody needs to worry about that anymore. Won't even need to worry about me complaining about not buying Ultimate Edition for Steam or TSW Complete Edtion on Funcom, since TSW is becoming SWL and will be F2P.
Will always have Red Dead Redemption... Probably. (But hopefully not.)

Saw that a bunch of you console peasants got Deformers, so I scheduled an event for Saturday
People in the thread were reporting getting two PS4 instead of one of each so I tried getting another PC one and was able to get another unique steam key. Will give it to a bro wanting to join on Saturday, you might want to try it too.

People in the thread were reporting getting two PS4 instead of one of each so I tried getting another PC one and was able to get another unique steam key. Will give it to a bro wanting to join on Saturday, you might want to try it too.
Yeah the friend I got it from was able to get 2 steam keys. I don't have a PUR account myself.

Worked. The only thing better than a free shitty Steam game is two copies of a free shitty Steam game.

bread's done
Back