Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The furthest he'd ever been from home was a taco lan party in East LA.  Quite a drastic jump, but glad to see Weiler spread his wings and go to a fried rice lan party.  

I haven't played TW2 and likely never would play TW2 just because I'll always have something I feel like playing more.  So I can't pretend that me saying "I'm not playing Two Worlds games now!" is especially meaningful.  But that dev comes across as a real jag-off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played TW2 and likely never would play TW2 just because I'll always have something I feel like playing more. So I can't pretend that me saying "I'm not playing Two Worlds games now!" is especially meaningful. But that dev comes across as a real jag-off.
So we're both not playing TW2 even more now.

1099.gif
I sort of felt robbed that this wasn't used on my Destiny 2 "deal" post but after seeing the Two Word 2 developer crap I can honestly say that crap deserves it more.

That's just freaking fowl... I hope karma comes knocking on each one of their doors.

I haven't played TW2 and likely never would play TW2 just because I'll always have something I feel like playing more. So I can't pretend that me saying "I'm not playing Two Worlds games now!" is especially meaningful. But that dev comes across as a real jag-off.
Yea. I probably wouldn't have bothered to give a negative review to a game I never played but the devs seem like real asshats in how they are handling this.

So Two Worlds II just updated and removed the ability to use console commands in order to charge microtransactions for the things you previously were able to gain through said console commands.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/7520/discussions/0/2333276539596165497/
Dev is actually responding to comments in that thread. They are defending the micro-transactions by stating that they added steam achievements and trading cards with the update. It just seams so Dumb.

Dev is actually responding to comments in that thread. They are defending the micro-transactions by stating that they added steam achievements and trading cards with the update. It just seams so Dumb.
Adding achievements isn't that difficult... Cards even more so.

Basically, the who patch was about profit. Microtransaction, pennies from cards, etc... So, yeah, very dumb.

Well that clears up any question on whether or not I was gonna pick up the new Two World 2 expansion.  I, unlike many here I would guess, actually played both single and multi-player to the tune of 80 hours so I legitimately was considering purchasing.

He's pretty much just taunting the customers and saying things like "you have to convince me" and "If that video gets five millions views, maybe we'll do it..."

It's as though they're going out of their way to come across as total assholes.

Well in that same topic the TC mentioned that the developer told them the console commands would be coming back.

Still doesn't change the fact that what they did was scummy as shit.  I actually was considering getting the DLC (haven't played TW2 in years and I did actually enjoy it the last time I played, aside from the shitty ending).  But now I'll wait until the DLC is bargain bin price before I even consider it.

Found some new devilry or not noticed devilry before. Was doing card dumps onto the market and noticed this for a game's cards:

"This item can no longer be bought or sold on the Community Market because Valve no longer has a business relationship with the developer."
I saw this yesterday when the cards dropped for the BG Enhanced Edition games. I was looking at crafting a badge for the Doctor Who adventure games that had been removed from the store a while ago when I got this message. It seems that the only way around that is to trade directly with people on your friends list or through a third-party site.

So Two Worlds II just updated and removed the ability to use console commands in order to charge microtransactions for the things you previously were able to gain through said console commands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv0pmF5rAI0
Well that clears up any question on whether or not I was gonna pick up the new Two World 2 expansion. I, unlike many here I would guess, actually played both single and multi-player to the tune of 80 hours so I legitimately was considering purchasing.
Yeah, I'm actually surprised by this because I had a good opinion of these folks beforehand. I also played both games and the Pirates expansion and had considered dropping some fakeybro money on the Topware store before the expansion came out, but got Mass Effect on sale at Origin instead. It does seem like chicanery though. :bs:

I dunno.  I think the microtransactions are the thing to be upset about moreso than the turning off the console so people couldn't cheat anymore.  I think, if you're going to do microtransactions then you have to turn off the cheats otherwise people won't pay for something they can get for free.  That said, trying to do microtransactions to suck more money out of the small, loyal fanbase that's left playing your game is a dumb move.  Do it from the beginning or don't do it at all.  Or make a F2P version with that crap and let the paid version stay the same.  

After skimming that thread, the dev came off pretty tone deaf, but damn you would of though someone was crushing kittens based on those responses. I guess the 100-200 people who still play it regularly really care about it.

http://steamcharts.com/app/7520
A lot of it was over the top, but the dev straight up listed that people being able to use the console to make the microtransactions pointless was a "con" to re-adding the console. Without actually admitting it (which they never did), that clearly tells you that's the reason they removed it. And there was another comment where they were like "Are you guys really against devs making some money?"

With responses like that, they're asking for it. It was bordering on dumbass twenty-something indie dev bickering on the forums (I lived with one of those), albeit in a passive aggressive way.

I dunno. I think the microtransactions are the thing to be upset about moreso than the turning off the console so people couldn't cheat anymore. I think, if you're going to do microtransactions then you have to turn off the cheats otherwise people won't pay for something they can get for free. That said, trying to do microtransactions to suck more money out of the small, loyal fanbase that's left playing your game is a dumb move. Do it from the beginning or don't do it at all. Or make a F2P version with that crap and let the paid version stay the same.
For a buggy game the console might actually be required to finish it if a quest bugs out. Taking the console away diminishes the game while you could probably safely ignore the microtransactions. That being said, yes the former would be needed to implement the later in single player.

A lot of it was over the top, but the dev straight up listed that people being able to use the console to make the microtransactions pointless was a "con" to re-adding the console. Without actually admitting it (which they never did), that clearly tells you that's the reason they removed it. And there was another comment where they were like "Are you guys really against devs making some money?"

With responses like that, they're asking for it. It was bordering on dumbass twenty-something indie dev bickering on the forums (I lived with one of those), albeit in a passive aggressive way.
Yep tone deaf, and you are right that it is not a surprising reaction. Why I made my comment to begin with :whistle2:k

I didn't realize people actually cared at all about TW2. 

Also, I'm playing Styx: Masters of shadows, it was in a humble monthly awhile ago. It's a pretty good stealth game, I'm not sure why it was reviewed as poorly as it was. The combat sucks, but that's kind of the point.

I didn't realize people actually cared at all about TW2.

Also, I'm playing Styx: Masters of shadows, it was in a humble monthly awhile ago. It's a pretty good stealth game, I'm not sure why it was reviewed as poorly as it was. The combat sucks, but that's kind of the point.
What we do care about is a good ol' douchey developer witchhunt.

TW2 was always one of those games I wanted to get around to playing, probably even installed and uninstalled it once, but never got around to it. Now I have even less desire to.

Styx is pretty damn good, I agree. It just felt a little shallow to me after playing for a couple hours and I lost interest. Very well made game though and an easy recommendation if you're a fan of stealth games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv0pmF5rAI0
Can we still roll back to the older version on Steam + GOG w/out the micro-transactions?

I have 2W2: Velvet on both of those services.

Actually, I forgot (but just remembered) - I also have 2W2 base-game from Retail (in a box) + 2W2 Velvet (Non-Steam w/ their homebrew DRM) from Gamersgate.

"We thought console could affect Steam wallet. Also, we thought you could change the real world weather with it and maybe use it to launch nuclear strikes on Korea. One person told us it turned cats into dogs. We basically have no idea what we're talking about or doing."

TwoWorldsCheats 1

AddSteamWallet 10000
Dang it. I should have been using Cheat Engine to make myself a Steam millionaire this whole time!

I think this guy summed up the Two Worlds II fiasco better than any of us could.

Pcemtlg.png

After skimming that thread, the dev came off pretty tone deaf, but damn you would of though someone was crushing kittens based on those responses. I guess the 100-200 people who still play it regularly really care about it.

http://steamcharts.com/app/7520
Hell, I haven't even read any of it, but Idiot's quote tells me everything I need to know. It looks like a bizarre dick move by the devs but this does not somehow make them morally equivalent to child molesters. People need to take a breath and get some perspective on life.

I know, it's the internet and no one will ever do that.

Tyranny is on sale at Wingamestore for ~$20, $26 for the Overlord edition.

http://www.wingamestore.com/showcase/Tyranny-Sale/

Looks like Archon ($21) adds the soundtrack, a digital map, some coat of arms, wallpapers, a forum icon, and some short stories. Overlord is that plus guide book, art book, and fancier forum avatars (plus a different forum icon).
That's less than what I paid for it with my 50% coupon that I got from backing Pillars of Eternity II that I used while it was on sale at the Paradox store, so if you have any interest in it. . . .

Hell, I haven't even read any of it, but Idiot's quote tells me everything I need to know. It looks like a bizarre dick move by the devs but this does not somehow make them morally equivalent to child molesters. People need to take a breath and get some perspective on life.

I know, it's the internet and no one will ever do that.
I feel like his comment was satire of how dramatic the backlash has been, but I'm hoping it wasn't because it's hilarious.

I feel like his comment was satire of how dramatic the backlash has been, but I'm hoping it wasn't because it's hilarious.
Honestly, dude, I think you have way too much faith in humanity. Personally, I'm confident that somewhere in the recesses of the internet, there is someone who equates adding microtransactions to a game to child rape. Probably many more than one.

Honestly, dude, I think you have way too much faith in humanity. Personally, I'm confident that somewhere in the recesses of the internet, there is someone who equates adding microtransactions to a game to child rape. Probably many more than one.
But aren't we all just children in the eyes of God, being raped by Satan's greed fueled developers assaulting us with microtransactions?

Gamestop won't let me "buy" a free game without giving them a credit card number so yeah, the $10 credit is about as useless as I expected it would be.  If there is one company I would never trust with my CC it is Gamestop.

bread's done
Back