Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Thanks, bought 5 of them
I bawt 30...just in case....

x_Q1l6ntSQ6Bpcm-IZbF-Q.png

Nice maths Play-Assia

Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm fans:

It’s a simple task: Play 15 Games with friend in VS AI, QM, Ranked, and Unranked Draft as Heroes from the Diablo Universe. Once the bargain is struck and the task is complete, you’ll receive the following rewards:​
  • Heroes of the Storm Rewards: Leoric’s Phantom, 1x Epic Loot Chest
  • Diablo III PC Rewards: Ghost Kerrigan Wings*
  • The event begins during the week of June 13, and lasts until June 26**

*While the Ghost Kerrigan Wings can be unlocked by completing your quest in Heroes of the Storm starting next week, they will be unavailable for use in Diablo III until Patch 2.6.0 is released in your region. 

--

note that the games played have to include at least one friend to count towards the 15 games.

waabulo#1869 if you need a friend and I am online for HotS.  Mooby, did you already get this done?

What's the best FPS to get into right now? I'm a big TDM fan. I have CSGO but it seems a bit hardcore. BF1 is fine, but the TDM is lacking imo, might as well just play cod but no one plays cod on PC :/

Holy shit...amazing deal on Steam $50 CARD/S.

GET EM BEFORE THEY'RE GONE

http://www.play-asia.com/steam-gift-card-usd-50-steam-digital/13/707lo5

Dead: Were $25 for $50 GC's
Damn, I missed it... I wish I could just blame the site as its been acting buggy as fuck but Its likely I would have missed it anyway as I was asleep on my couch.

Anyhow, anyone else not getting notifications? I read/saw MysterD post but it didn't say there was a new post till rcsample's came in. It really only seems to be this thread but its been going on for days now... (Hell, I just had a new error where couldn' edit my previous version of this post... I just hid it and posted again.)

You guys should have told me about the Two Worlds 2 stuff. I'm buddies with the main Topware dude though I could do a better job at keeping in touch. I still remember him calling me (on the phone, not Skype or Discord) and shooting the shit for hours, incredibly surreal experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should have told me about the Two Worlds 2 stuff. I'm buddies with the main Topware dude though I could do a better job at keeping in touch. I still remember him calling me (on the phone, not Skype or Discord) and shooting the shit for hours, incredibly surreal experience.
So what you're saying you're to blame for all of their new shady practices?

Please tell us everybody you are friends with just in case one of them makes an idiotic decision in the future.

What's the best FPS to get into right now? I'm a big TDM fan. I have CSGO but it seems a bit hardcore. BF1 is fine, but the TDM is lacking imo, might as well just play cod but no one plays cod on PC :/
for some slightly twitchy shooter fun I like titanfall2. Most of the straight pvp modes arent too populated, but I consider it up there for TDM style play even with the titans since most of the game modes basically devolve into TDM

blops3 is basically all TDM, yes its cod, its what cod does and does it well. Havent jumped into a match in a long while but I remember the non-dlc still being fairly populated

r6 siege is also considered TDM, but I really wouldnt call it that and its nothing like traditional TDM style play. Needs alot of strategy, communication, and game knowledge

So what you're saying you're to blame for all of their new shady practices?
We did talk a little about the upcoming TW2 content and TW3, but mostly we talked about Raven's Cry and all the shit that happened with it behind the scenes.

There was no talk of microtransactions or disabling console commands though. :bouncy:

Playerunknowns Battleground

H1Z1 King of the Kill

Rainbow Six Siege

Black Ops III

Those are the most popular shooter things on Steamcharts.

Some Gamestop deals for those with $10 Yeti cancellation credits:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/tropico-5-complete-collection/128270

Tropico 5 Complete - $9.99

Dark Souls III or Witcher III: Wild Hunt - $23.99
I couldn't find anything worthwhile online when I was searching last week so I ended up just buying a $10 PSN gift card. At least that way the $10 won't expire or suddenly not be usable. I do wonder how true the 'while supplies last' part of that coupon code email was, or if they wanted people to use them sooner rather than later.

Of those, I'd recommend Siege. PUBG seems like a flavour of the month game to me, though I'm surprised H1Z1 is still doing well.
id recommend siege too, its an awesome game and besides bf4 probably my most total played. Traditional TDM it is not though, you really need to know whats going on and cant run and gun what so ever, that immediately gets you killed (unless you really really know what you are doing and are aiming for start of round peek kills)

PUBG has a strange addictive quality to it.  I can not quite explain WHY it is so enjoyable, it just is.  If they add stuff to it regularly I do not see it slowing down at all.  Someone I know was playing and wanted me to try it and after one round I came home and bought it.  I was already thinking about it, as it looked interesting but I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.  Gets more and more intense the longer you stay alive though.  Definitely not a game to play a bit before bedtime or if you are already stressed out.   :whee:

I couldn't find anything worthwhile online when I was searching last week so I ended up just buying a $10 PSN gift card. At least that way the $10 won't expire or suddenly not be usable. I do wonder how true the 'while supplies last' part of that coupon code email was, or if they wanted people to use them sooner rather than later.
I was going to use mine on a $20 Steam wallet card but it looks like they are all unavailable online.

Thanks, I didn't realize that it could be used on PSN/XBL credit. Got a $10 XBL card and used it on the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass to bring it down to $7.49.

In a deal that's likely only to interest me Amazon has the digital version (PC + Xbone) of Forza Motorsports 7 ULTIMATE EDITION for $79.99... I didn't have to pay taxes and its 20% off. Likely will not find a better deal before release (but hey, its amazon you can always cancel.)

https://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-Ultimate-Xbox-Digital/dp/B07215PY72/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1497701855&sr=1-1&keywords=forza%2B7&th=1
FTFY.

No way would I even think of spending $80 for a regular edition (without any Passes/DLC's).

Ah, it comes with DLC...
Yes, I noticed that when I clicked the link.

Not before-hand.

You didn't mention it was an Ultimate Ed.

Hence what I wrote for the quote in the FTFY part - that it was an Ultimate Ed.

Ultimate Ed's imply there are passes, DLC's, expansions, etc.

I was going to use mine on a $20 Steam wallet card but it looks like they are all unavailable online.
Yeah, I was hoping to do the same until I realized they don't sell Steam wallet cards online for whatever reason. PSN/XBL credit is a good alternative though, plus the cost ends up being zero out of pocket.

Ask him about the tax evasion. Sounds like an interesting topic.

Sorry, I understand now. I thought you where making a joke about the Ultimate Edition not always being that Ultimate.

(Example, FH3 has an expansion pass which isn't part of the Ultimate Edition and also two car packs.)
Nope, I wasn't.

But, you make a great point - I probably also should've taken them shots! :p

Too many games pulling that crap.

Well, it'll be "interesting" then to see if Forza 7 does go that route.... ;)

We have seen Ultimate Ed's not in fact be Ultimate - i.e. Burnout Paradise: TUB (PC).

EDIT:

And your example of FH3 also illustrates your point perfectly, which is another Forza game.

Bundle Stars has Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition for $4.95.  

Choose your destiny with a best ever 75% off the epic isometric RPG Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition for 24 hours only or while stocks last. Only $4.95!

Plenty of hours with this game.  Lowest price yet.  

On Blizzard's shop site / battle.net you can get Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void for $19.99 (regular $29.99).  They also have the complete Starcraft 2 BattleChest (all 3 titles) for $29.99 (regular $39.99).  Good pricing for now, should be a bit better for Black Friday / holiday season.

Just a little brokeeping notes:

We played Aliens vs. Predator 2 earlier this week.  Booby hosted it. It's abandonware so you can get it free and it was pretty fun, so if we do it again people might want to join.  Booby said he lost his virginity in this game. Something about an alien's tail or something.  He can explain better. 

Last night we had our bronight with new bro PhatPrize AKA the guy who asked us if we still played a few days ago.  I had a big storm hit so I had to go MIA for about an hour, but when I came back all we did was win, win, win, no matter what.  And we stayed there.  

Tonight we do Killing Floor 2, which is temporarily F2P so if you've been itching to see what you're missing out on, DL it and join us.  It's a pretty big one so you want to DL early.  

In a deal that's likely only to interest me Amazon has the digital version (PC + Xbone) of Forza Motorsports 7 (Ultimate Edition) for $79.99... I didn't have to pay taxes and its 20% off. Likely will not find a better deal before release (but hey, its amazon you can always cancel.)

https://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-Ultimate-Xbox-Digital/dp/B07215PY72/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1497701855&sr=1-1&keywords=forza%2B7&th=1
It was previously $64 (20% off of $80) but that glitch has since been fixed.

I have to remember that Xbone "exclusives" are on PC now and glitches on them might be something you guys might be interested in.

Not sure if any of you bothered getting the E3 Mixpot, but it had some free DLC for W10 games (Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 3).

On Blizzard's shop site / battle.net you can get Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void for $19.99 (regular $29.99). They also have the complete Starcraft 2 BattleChest (all 3 titles) for $29.99 (regular $39.99). Good pricing for now, should be a bit better for Black Friday / holiday season.
I'm still annoyed that I'm not getting any sort of discount on the Battlechest despite owning base game and Heart of the Swarm. Hoping Black Friday has a good sale at least so I can complete the collection.

Just a little brokeeping notes:

We played Aliens vs. Predator 2 earlier this week. Booby hosted it. It's abandonware so you can get it free and it was pretty fun, so if we do it again people might want to join. Booby said he lost his virginity in this game. Something about an alien's tail or something. He can explain better.
It's pretty fun for a 15+ year old game. I'm glad everyone who played seemed to enjoy themselves. I honestly thought the event was just going to be me and Spoder (Spoder merely joining out of pity since I never host bronites).

Anyway, I'm down to host another session in a week or 2 if anyone's interested. I promise not to wax nostalgic and talk about my encyclopedic knowledge of the game the entire time.. again. :bouncy:

Booby said he lost his virginity because of this game.
Fixed. ;)

I also got a prom date and a trip to Scotland out of it.

Edit: If anyone wants to coordinate doing the Heroes of the Storm/D3 event as a full group, let me know.

i actually had a mass amount of those on my wishlist at one point, but went like eh they look kind of weird for games. They are similar to those choose your own adventures. When I realized they rarely if ever go on sale....they all went from my wishlist in a flash! They need to be bundled for me to give them a chance.

Choice of Games produces high quality interactive fiction. Games aren't cancer. Go fuck yourself.
I don't remember criticizing the quality of the writing, but I don't feel what is literally just an ebook should qualify as a game/be on steam.

Things like the Ian Livingstone/Steve Jackson based choose your own adventures or Steve Jackson's Sorcery games are great. They're basically the same thing but with effort put into the presentation. Choice of Games games are literally just text (or so the screenshots make it appear, I've never read one). They could be pirated with a typewriter.

I don't remember criticizing the quality of the writing, but I don't feel what is literally just an ebook should qualify as a game/be on steam.

Things like the Ian Livingstone/Steve Jackson based choose your own adventures or Steve Jackson's Sorcery games are great. They're basically the same thing but with effort put into the presentation. Choice of Games games are literally just text (or so the screenshots make it appear, I've never read one). They could be pirated with a typewriter.
Trust me leave it alone. I already barked up this tree when their first game was released. It did not go well.

Also after Digital Homicide I say let them stay. There are far worse things a developer can create produce shit upon the store.

Last edited:

ZorkGrue.png

infocom.gif

I second Parallacks' comment. Go fuck yourself. <3

Ehhhh, isn't that's what game-genres are for, right?

That way, w/ genres, we can figure-out easily if a game type is for us. Visual novels; Text Adventures; David Cage games + Telltale games (i.e. somewhat interactive movies / adventure games); walking simulators; old-school "pure" adventure games; and other games that aren't your typical "core" games just don't speak to some players. It is what it is.

Personally, I think these games can be a nice break from the usual over-dosage + assortment of "core" games (RPG's, Shooters, Action games, Sports games, Racing Games, etc) that I normally play. [shrug]

Some of the new-school games could learn a lot from extremely well-written text adventures, EBooks, Visual Novels, and other games of that sort. A lot of stuff can be told visually to the player, but there's still some things (like sense, smell, etc) are really hard to portray visually. Sometimes, the best visual quality still can't speak for everything.

Sometimes, good old-fashioned well-written text (and/or well-voice acted narration that was originally well-written) can really bring a modern-day game to the next level; especially if the visual quality is already in place.

I grew up on CYOA books, MUDs, all that kind of stuff. I don't mind that kind of stuff on the store, but these days if you're looking for that just look up AIF games. There's all sorts of free stuff out there of the same quality or better. No real point to spending money on it.

bread's done
Back