Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Be careful with ordering, at least with paypal. Only one person has reported getting a key so far, and they ordered with a debit card. Has anyone here gotten a key yet?
I just ordered with paypal... No way in hell I'm giving Walmart's website my credit card info, sure as hell aren't going to give them my debit card info, as a major retailer they're a big target (no pun intended) for hackers and if Target cannot keep their shit straight I have no faith in Walmart to do better.

Be careful with ordering, at least with paypal. Only one person has reported getting a key so far, and they ordered with a debit card. Has anyone here gotten a key yet?
Ordered two copies, one with Paypal, second with a card. Got only one key, despite both orders marked as 'sent'. Can't event track which one I received, because Walmart PO Number is different than any order number.

fuck.

I just ordered with paypal... No way in hell I'm giving Walmart's website my credit card info, sure as hell aren't going to give them my debit card info, as a major retailer they're a big target (no pun intended) for hackers and if Target cannot keep their shit straight I have no faith in Walmart to do better.
It was faster for me to login with paypal than enter my CC details, so I went with paypal.. which seems to have been the wrong choice. I don't think anyone's gotten a key after using paypal, must be some kind of processing fuck up with Walmart. Tried getting a refund through chat support but they denied me so it looks like I'm going to have to call them later.. Way too much hassle for $5.50 saved.

I ordered with a card, not Paypal (I live in NW Arkansas, Wal-Mart probably knows more about me than I do.. so whatever) and haven't received a code yet.

Talked to someone through live chat Walmart support. He tried to send me the Email himself and it failed. He tried to give me a link for an Email Resender and the link he posted to me was my own Email. He then gave me this link https://esd.synnex.com/ESDWeb/MicroSite/keylocker.jsp which sent me nothing. I asked him to give me the mail address which the key would be coming from to whitelist it in my Email just incase. He posted back to me my Email address again. I said no the Email address for the key sender and posted the website link again. I said no I mean the Email address and he told me he didn't know that. He then escalated my case and told me to wait 24 hours for an Email from the escalation team. I asked for the Email address to expect the Email from and he again posted my own Email to me. I again said no that is my Email I want the support teams Email. He posted the website link again. I told him again I wanted the Email of the support team. He gave me a reference number and the same website link again. I asked what am i supposed to do if I don't get the Email from support since he himself failed to send me the Email. He said after 24 hours to contact live support again.

Ladies and gentlemen wave goodbye to that $4.49 or charge back now.

Talked to someone through live chat Walmart support. He tried to send me the Email himself and it failed. He tried to give me a link for an Email Resender and the link he posted to me was my own Email. He then gave me this link https://esd.synnex.com/ESDWeb/MicroSite/keylocker.jsp which sent me nothing. I asked him to give me the mail address which the key would be coming from to whitelist it in my Email just incase. He posted back to me my Email address again. I said no the Email address for the key sender and posted the website link again. I said no I mean the Email address and he told me he didn't know that. He then escalated my case and told me to wait 24 hours for an Email from the escalation team. I asked for the Email address to expect the Email from and he again posted my own Email to me. I again said no that is my Email I want the support teams Email. He posted the website link again. I told him again I wanted the Email of the support team. He gave me a reference number and the same website link again. I asked what am i supposed to do if I don't get the Email from support since he himself failed to send me the Email. He said after 24 hours to contact live support again.

Ladies and gentlemen wave goodbye to that $4.49 or charge back now.
Same shit happened to me but I was too lazy to type that all up, so thanks for doing it for me lol.

I guess I may wind up grabbing TWD Season 2 before the sale ends. I'd kind of rather have it on (forgive me for this) console, simply because graphics don't mean shit in it and it's more of a sit back with a controller kind of game in my opinion anyways, but the cheapest option wins regardless.
I saw this TED talk where the guy was saying one day they'll have chairs you can put near a computer.

Same shit happened to me but I was too lazy to type that all up, so thanks for doing it for me lol.
Did you also get the Customer Care Feedback Email despite the fact they couldn't be bothered to send you the Email you paid for?

Literally just got a key from Wal-Mart.  I ordered about two hours ago, FWIW.

Edit:  the email came from [email protected]  via amazonses.com mailserver:  us-west-2.amazonses.com

Probably none of that will help since it sounds like a PayPal problem since I used a card and did get mine finally and probably ordered much later than some of you but I'll post it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you also get the Customer Care Feedback Email despite the fact they couldn't be bothered to send you the Email you paid for?
Yeah, they auto-send that by default. I think the problem is the order didn't completely finalize.. so there's no email to resend. These chat reps have to follow scripts though, so it's predictable.

Literally just got a key from Wal-Mart. I ordered about two hours ago, FWIW.
I ordered over 5 hours ago and no key. If you get the "Shipped" email instead of a key you're probably screwed.

It was faster for me to login with paypal than enter my CC details, so I went with paypal.. which seems to have been the wrong choice. I don't think anyone's gotten a key after using paypal, must be some kind of processing fuck up with Walmart. Tried getting a refund through chat support but they denied me so it looks like I'm going to have to call them later.. Way too much hassle for $5.50 saved.
I'm not worried about it till later... Today is Sunday, right now its 215 in the morning in Arkansas, and I pretty much suspect that Walmart doesn't have someone around in the middle of the night to approve this stuff.

I'm in the processing stage so its gotten farther along than it was am hour ago... *shrug*

Contacted chat support. I haven't received the email to order that was paid by PayPal. I received the PO number of Paypal delivery mail that is missing and I also need to wait for the escalation team to work on my case.

You mean to tell me...you don't have a controller that works for the PC, in this era? Especially w/ more console-to-PC ports than ever before, you don't have a controller for the PC?

My old USB-wired X360 controller still works perfectly fine here on the PC.

While "graphics don't mean shit" to you - yeah, I think it probably is much easier to run games at above-1080p here on PC at say 1440p or 4K, provided you have the hardware that can handle any of that. If you have the hardware - why even go w/ console versions?

I'm sorry - but resolution + graphics can & should matter, IMHO.

And since this is a Telltale game - this should be easier on the PC to be able to go above what consoles can do here w/ a better resolution than 1080p, when compared to most modern-day games that can be intensive as can be; especially when trying to run a Telltale game vs. some other open-world + seamless world games... so yeah, Telltale games on PC should be much easier to run at 1440p or 4K here.
I saw this TED talk where the guy was saying one day they'll have chairs you can put near a computer.
Har har, you're all preaching to the choir. I only can run 1080p on my system and there's no noticeable difference graphically (on a game like TWD, mind you), and of course I have controller that work on the PC but sometimes it's just hella easy pushing a button on a controller laying in bed and poof, you're playing the game. As opposed to getting up, turning on the computer, Steam, plugging in a wireless adapter, etc.

Isn't a big deal either way, but when you've got both there's little minor pros and cons of either.

I thought I might've been too late on the XCOM 2 DLC deal, but I put my CC order in anyway about 20 minutes ago and I just received my key. Thanks for the heads up to not use PayPal.

Damn that sucks for anyone having issues receiving their order. Hopefully everything gets sorted by morning.

I got something completely different. They told me they didn't have the option to resend the email. Instead, they gave me a phone number and incident number to contact "Atgames Holdings Inc" and request the code. Unfortunately, I got a voice telling me that all representatives are busy (because it's 1 in the morning and they're closed) and to leave a message. Rather than do that, I'm waiting for tomorrow morning when they might actually be open and trying again.

I got something completely different. They told me they didn't have the option to resend the email. Instead, they gave me a phone number and incident number to contact "Atgames Holdings Inc" and request the code. Unfortunately, I got a voice telling me that all representatives are busy (because it's 1 in the morning and they're closed) and to leave a message. Rather than do that, I'm waiting for tomorrow morning when they might actually be open and trying again.
Honestly if Walmart's phone support can't resolve this I'm just going to do a chargeback through paypal. You shouldn't have to contact weird numbers and shit to get a refund for $4.49

Ordered again with CC and got a key after 37 minutes. So yeah, never ordering digital shit from walmart again with paypal.
I got an email saying it shipped, and the key would be in a separate email, but I haven't gotten that email yet.

Edit: Nothing in the spam folder if someone was going to suggest that. :)

I got an email saying it shipped, and the key would be in a separate email, but I haven't gotten that email yet.
Are you sure it says that the key will be in a different email? Cuz anyone that orders with paypal gets the "shipped" email but no key. If you order with a CC it doesn't give you the "shipped" email, and simply gives you an email with the key.

Are you sure it says that the key will be in a different email? Cuz anyone that orders with paypal gets the "shipped" email but no key. If you order with a CC it doesn't give you the "shipped" email, and simply gives you an email with the key.
Yeah, I guess that's what it is saying now. It says electronic delivery. (arriving 6/24 which is yesterday,,, and I didn't order it till today. Well, I guess they could be on the west coast but I doubt it.)

Leftover bundle trash: 

58NK5-R68P4-AY7JY

5W800-05QLA-J0BBY

MJ5F8-GQZH5-Y5WL5

F28DN-YD9YG-VLJ7T

6YDH0-DCQN3-24ENX

YMHYD-FN732-VXA89

ZJ0QE-5EM97-VIVFF

D54MQ-V6WJG-4RM25

Har har, you're all preaching to the choir. I only can run 1080p on my system and there's no noticeable difference graphically (on a game like TWD, mind you), and of course I have controller that work on the PC but sometimes it's just hella easy pushing a button on a controller laying in bed and poof, you're playing the game. As opposed to getting up, turning on the computer, Steam, plugging in a wireless adapter, etc.

Isn't a big deal either way, but when you've got both there's little minor pros and cons of either.
y u no bai 1440p or 4k monitor? y u no hav enthuziast vid card? ;)

Anyways, I have my PC connected to Samsung 27'' 4K monitor and also a 20-foot wire or so running over to a Samsung 48'' 1080p HDTV - so I could play PC-style like I normally do in front of my PC-desk here w/ KB-mouse or controller; or chill in my little couch-like chair with a controller + play console-style.

Since getting my 27'' 4K monitor, I mainly use my 4K monitor since going to 1440p is a different ball of wax entirely IMHO (much better than 1080p, especially as close as I sit to the monitor) - running things at 1440p and above is much better, IMHO. If I do 1440p, you really have to crank AA, AF, and any other filtering up to kill any sort of downgrade-blur. Running things at 4K, if I actually can, is absolutely amazing + incredible.

Alright had a wedding I was best man for this week and we did all the setup and what not ourselves so I haven't kept up with my usual standards of lurking. Anything good on the steam sale, or more likely another site?

Alright had a wedding I was best man for this week and we did all the setup and what not ourselves so I haven't kept up with my usual standards of lurking. Anything good on the steam sale, or more likely another site?
Steam Sale has been quite disappointing, IMHO.

I've spent more $ on BundleStars + Gamersgate so far, during this Steam Summer Sale:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals-level-up-1-disappointment/page-3448#entry13751678

If anyone uses their wishlist like a bookmark/reminder system....I just trimmed mine from 417 to 161 by simply removing the games no longer available on steam, and the games that have been in perpetual "early access" for the last 3+ years.

Now to actually go through and find something I might play :)

The long rumored solo/nonbundled COD MW1 rerelease is happening... At least on PS4. Cost $40. Likely with a 10 DLC map pack also.

I think Activision has just about killed my desire to own the remaster.

Origin and GOG aren't really competitors in the true sense. Origin is basically just EA's uPlay, but its a better service than uPlay. GOG caters to a customer who wants a specific type of situation without DRM.

I think the only way W10 Store could ever put a dent into Steam's market share at this point is if they get the major publishers to sign exclusivity deals. Microsoft treating PC as a secondary platform shows they're not really interested.

I think it would take something revolutionary to dethrone Steam. It could possibly happen at some point, espc since Valve's customer service is the absolute shits, but there's nothing out there now that's making even small nicks in Steam's armor. As technology advances, its clear cloud gaming is in the near future, a Netflix like gaming service could be something that hits Steam hard. The same way things like Spotify and even Pandora and Youtube have hit iTunes and such. Until the technology is reliable though, its niche.
I wouldn't want to use a cloud gaming service. What happens when a game gets removed for licensing issues or whatever, then you can never play it again. I'd much rather own my games, and as much as I invested in my steam account I'd rather not use another platform. I think Steam will be fine for at least another 10 years, but thats just me.

Yes.

I guess this will be this seasons haul, unless something new/interesting pops up on the main page.  

I wish some of the discounts were deeper, but for under $100 I think i'll be very happy with the next few months of gaming.

(Daikatana and Arx were for nostalgia and the LOL's =P )

Spent   96.96      

Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander   9.99

Borderlands Telltale   3.93

Convoy   3.74

Daikatana   1.39

Arx Fatalis   1.24

Pinball FX2 - Guardians of the Galaxy   0.74

Pinball FX2 - Age of Ultron   0.74

Pinball FX2 - South Park   0.74

Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Heroes Within   2.49

Pinball FX2 - Deadpool   0.74

Super Mega Baseball   3.99

Warhammer Deathwatch   3.74

American Truck Sim   9.99

ATS Heavy Cargo Pack   4.99

Hard West Complete   6.57

HuniePop   2.49

Stardew Valley   8.99

Trails in the Sky   9.99

YS Origin   5.99

YS The Oath in Felghana   4.49

XCOM 2 - Reinforcement Pack   9.99

But you have less than 1k games!
And Im not switching :shame:

If Origin were to actually add its popular sports franchises to it, I could see them increasing sales and possibly looking more attractive to other publishers. Once a few games begin selling well on there it could be what they need for competition. EA however, is too dumb to take this chance. Why put popular exclusives on your client that steam couldn't compete with?

And Im not switching :shame:

If Origin were to actually add its popular sports franchises to it, I could see them increasing sales and possibly looking more attractive to other publishers. Once a few games begin selling well on there it could be what they need for competition. EA however, is too dumb to take this chance. Why put popular exclusives on your client that steam couldn't compete with?
EA needs to do a bit more than that... They need to build up their infrastructure to steam's level and they also need to be willing to take less of a cut than Valve... Really, as long as Valve still does CD Keys and the GMGs, GameBillet, and/or WinGameStore of the world exist I don't see steam having any real competition.

Thinking about going the VR route. Yes? No? Maybe? Later? Never?

If so, name one game that would blow my mind (small explosion, btw), and make me feel like I've been missing out on the VR experience.

Thanks.

My hang up on VR is that you're spending... what... $600 (I'm sort of guessing as I haven't looked that much into ) for tech to play what is maybe a handful of worthwhile games?  I still think we're a decade or more off from VR gaming becoming substantive/not a gimmick/party activity.

My hang up on VR is that you're spending... what... $600 (I'm sort of guessing as I haven't looked that much into ) for tech to play what is maybe a handful of worthwhile games? I still think we're a decade or more off from VR gaming becoming substantive/not a gimmick/party activity.
Till they come up with a solution to the disconnect between what the body isn't doing and what the mind is doing I don't see it ever being successful for gaming.

Also breaks after every 15 minutes or so..? That's way too short to get much done in anything other than a casual games.

This sticker crap has to be the most useless nonsense they've ever had as an "extra" during a sale. At least the awful clicker game unlocked discounts.

Its only benefit is that if you complete a page it allows you to start a sticker showcase on your profile and show off one of the pages you completed.

Wait a sec. You guys are getting the Walmart code from ATGames?

The company that got its start making shitty Genesis and Nintendo knockoffs, and now makes the shitty officially licensed Genesis plug and play devices? The company that bought Direct2Drive?

That's hilarious.

Thinking about going the VR route. Yes? No? Maybe? Later? Never?

If so, name one game that would blow my mind (small explosion, btw), and make me feel like I've been missing out on the VR experience.

Thanks.
Just got my Oculus rift w/ touch controllers via amazon with the $100 oculus store credit, and must say I was not sure if I really made the right decision in getting VR. But holy hell, Superhot VR blew all doubts away. A must have for VR.

Till they come up with a solution to the disconnect between what the body isn't doing and what the mind is doing I don't see it ever being successful for gaming.

Also breaks after every 15 minutes or so..? That's way too short to get much done in anything other than a casual games.
Im not really sure what your first part is about. Its all about input styles, and touch controllers negate a large amount of that. Sure it may be odd to use an xbone controller for stuff, but having a hotas or wheel might alleviate that as well, but its not a giant disconnect

Also not sure what the breaks are about. Ive played elite for hours on end (when I was setup to go on CZ killing runs with a group) without taking the headset off. Played redout for an hour or two with no breaks

All that being said, the pickings for good vr games are slim, especially with steam letting any POS on it can be hard to wade through the cesspool. Luckily home is very curated, and if something is on there theres a good chance its also on steam with a few exceptions. Id recommend elite, redout, dirt rally, project cars, rec room, airmech (rts in vr is awesome), spotrsbar vr if you got friends to play it with (i play with a friend across the country i rarely get to see), golfclub vr, off the top of my head that I like

bread's done
Back