Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I hate this time of year.

Dog has been hiding for about 4 hours because stupid neighbors have to set off a firework every night for a week or so before the 4th and will continue to do so until the fireworks are all sold out (usually August).

Oh... Yeah, steam thread... Something on topic...

You can pay $3 and get a large Dominos when you redeem a rewards free pizza.
My 5 year-old house dog isn't a hider but an anxiety barker at loud noises and this year has been a nutty summer with fireworks so far.

Back on topic, what is this $3 pizza you speak of?

This may sound dumb, is there any point to the cards? I just sell them all, I usually get common ones but if I actually complete card sets will I get lower prices on future purchases? Or anything useful at all?
As some others have mentioned the only purpose for cards (outside of selling them for free Steam credit) is crafting card sets into badges, which level up your Steam account (higher levels give you more friend slots and profile showcases) and give you profile backgrounds, emoticons and random coupons. The higher your level the more badges you need to craft to level up.

I fell into that trap a long time ago.

76561198004939693.png

Just when you think you've seen everything another Twin Peaks episode comes out. So. That was something.

:shock:
Oh, yeah - TP S3 Episode 8 was way out there.

Origins story, more or less.

Looks like we saw the birth + origins of Bob & Laura; and I guess Two more Lodges (Black + White Lodge - one for good, one for evil).

And, I dunno...but who were the 2 kids on that date supposed to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yeah - TP S3 Episode 8 was way out there.

Origins story, more or less.

Looks like we saw the birth + origins of Bob & Laura; and I guess Two more Lodges (Black + White Lodge - one for good, one for evil).

And, I dunno...but who were the 2 kids on that date supposed to be?
I never watched Twin Peaks when it originally aired, though I was mildly aware of it. Since then, a lot of media that I like is referenced as having a 'Twin Peaks vibe' (e.g. Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Life is Strange). Since there is the new show out, I figured now was the time to check out the original on Netflix.

I was bored to tears. I've re-watched 90's era shows, even 80's era, and enjoyed them, but this seems so dated. I guess I just missed the boat on that one. Can you get anything out of the new show if you don't know the old one?

Watch Dogs 2 PC: UPlay version on sale at 59% off on Gamersgate.

Gamersgate UK - 16.40 pounds (around $21 USD) - https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-WATCH-DOGS-2-EMEA-RELEASE

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked to Europea, Africa, and Oceania.

Gamersgate USA - $24.60 - https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WATCH-DOGS-2-NA--RELEASE/

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked United States, Canada, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands U.S.
Not bad. Uplay versions of Wildlands are also pretty cheap (Base game $36).

Too bad I have now set a $40 total budget for Watch Dogs 2 + Yeti mic. Goodwill better come through on that Yeti.

Being uninitiated into the Twin Peaks fan club, what the fuck is that acronym?
Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks movie.

Having never seen it, I couldn't tell you if it's "Hey fire, come walk with me" or "Come fire-walking with me" like hip yuppies used to do in the 90s to show how open they were to new experiences.

My 5 year-old house dog isn't a hider but an anxiety barker at loud noises and this year has been a nutty summer with fireworks so far.

Back on topic, what is this $3 pizza you speak of?
Piece of the Pie rewards.

After you spend $10 or more 6 times you can get a free 2 topping medium. But you can make it a large for $3. It shows up as a link to click on the order details page before you submit the order.

I never watched Twin Peaks when it originally aired, though I was mildly aware of it. Since then, a lot of media that I like is referenced as having a 'Twin Peaks vibe' (e.g. Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Life is Strange). Since there is the new show out, I figured now was the time to check out the original on Netflix.

I was bored to tears. I've re-watched 90's era shows, even 80's era, and enjoyed them, but this seems so dated. I guess I just missed the boat on that one. Can you get anything out of the new show if you don't know the old one?
No. Even being a fan of the old series having only seen in about 7 years ago, this new one makes no sense to me up to episode 7.

It's definitely more Lynch-Like than the original, imo

Just when you think you've seen everything another Twin Peaks episode comes out. So. That was something.

I was a big fan back in the day. Tried to watch the Original Series on Netflix before the new season came out...Man, I dunno...pretty painful.

I probably will watch the new season, but sometimes you just can't go back......

Gamersgate UK - 16.40 pounds (around $21 USD) - https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-WATCH-DOGS-2-EMEA-RELEASE

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked to Europea, Africa, and Oceania.

Gamersgate USA - $24.60 - https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WATCH-DOGS-2-NA--RELEASE/

It's noted that this version's supposed to be region-locked United States, Canada, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands U.S.
so, does anyone know if uplay will ban you for using a vpn like steam does? asking for me, cuz i'm cheap...

so, does anyone know if uplay will ban you for using a vpn like steam does? asking for me, cuz i'm cheap...
I don't think so but, remembering back to when everyone was buying Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity from India, people were reporting that they had to use a VPN each time they launched the game, not just to activate the key. On the other hand, I didn't hear anything about people getting banned.

Fire Walk With Me, the Twin Peaks movie.

Having never seen it, I couldn't tell you if it's "Hey fire, come walk with me" or "Come fire-walking with me" like hip yuppies used to do in the 90s to show how open they were to new experiences.
It's something Laura says. Movie is really dark and disturbing. It's a prequel that consists of the last week Laura's life and being tortured. It's decent if you can handle the subject material but there's nothing upbeat or happy about it at all, whereas the series had a lot of light hearted moments.

IMO, you can enjoy new Twin Peaks without seeing any of the old stuff. Just know that you'll be lost regardless of what you know from the previous stuff.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend the show. TV has gotten so good over the years, that, new or old, Twin Peaks doesn't hold up to current stuff.

I will say that there's still nothing quite like it out there, so the show still has value, but I made a list of 20 shows that aired just in the past year I'd recommend over Twin Peaks.

Leftovers

Affair

Legion

exorcist

stranger things

Handmaid's tale

American Horror Story

American Gods

OA

Gilmore Girls

Good Place

Big Little Lies

13 reasons why

master of none

night of

baskets

I love dick

santa clarita diet

attack on titan

one missippi

It's something Laura says. Movie is really dark and disturbing. It's a prequel that consists of the last week Laura's life and being tortured. It's decent if you can handle the subject material but there's nothing upbeat or happy about it at all, whereas the series had a lot of light hearted moments.
Nor should there be anything upbeat or happy about it considering Laura's life and what's going to happen to her (and by whom). FWWM is in direct opposition to the show in terms of tone for a reason. The entire series (including the new one) is constantly using duality to serve a dramatic purpose. There's a dark polar opposition to the light/good. Even the town in the opening half hour of FWWM is a complete opposite to the town of Twin Peaks.

Last night's episode was incredible. It's ballsy as hell to propel the current storyline only about an inch and devote an entire hour to backstory told with barely any dialogue using just visuals and noise.

So all the games I went to buy last night I found out had already been bundled so I went and bought a bunch of bundles instead. After going down that rabbit hole I realized I had a whole bunch of unredeemed duplicate keys. 

Here you go 

The First Templar - Steam Special Edition
M6LHX-F4QBR-IFQ2C

Shadowgate (2014)
YWTB3-2WFNB-HT7RZ

Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
NV9HR-9BJMK-WGIYX

Fortix 2
9XVCE-NMTCR-B26DV

Inquisitor Deluxe Edition
7MFMZ-TI2D3-46447

SkyDrift
B88GZ-IJ6V4-WR8R7

Crimsonland
CWIL3-YL5T4-WT0BQ

So all the games I went to buy last night I found out had already been bundled so I went and bought a bunch of bundles instead. After going down that rabbit hole I realized I had a whole bunch of unredeemed duplicate keys.

Here you go

Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
NV9HR-9BJMK-WGIYX
Thanks Asmith906!

Man, I am only halfway through the original series as of a week ago. I needed a break so I stopped and have been watching anime lately instead. The new episodes are piling up on the DVR though. I saw parts 1&2 and they were great. We haven't had new, modern Lynch for so long.

SteamWorld Dig 2 comes to PC, Mac and Linux in 2017!
Grab your pickaxe and dig into the sequel to the award-winning SteamWorld Dig! A platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames.

In search of her lost friend, a lone steambot and her unlikely companion must dig deep, gain riches and explore an underworld riddled with danger. But time is running short…

Wishlist today!

MORE GAMEZZZZ

Alien Breed: Impact
X6ABZ-EH8JN-ZVDZQ

Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition
04LAH-8BYQM-0G09A

Septerra Core
77RP9-8HP8F-622G8

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
4JC4A-ICTBH-WHWNA

I will say that there's still nothing quite like it out there, so the show still has value, but I made a list of 20 shows that aired just in the past year I'd recommend over Twin Peaks.
Nice list. I've seen almost every show on it, but I'd still take Twin Peaks over pretty much any of them. Of course, the original remains one of my favorite shows of all time. I've just been a big fan of Lynch's work in general ever since I saw Eraserhead when I was just a little bot. In addition to the shows you mentioned, the third seasons of Better Call Saul and Fargo also just wrapped up last week. In my opinion, the formers best season and the latters weakest. Still good, though.

Grab your pickaxe and dig into the sequel to the award-winning SteamWorld Dig! A platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames.

In search of her lost friend, a lone steambot and her unlikely companion must dig deep, gain riches and explore an underworld riddled with danger. But time is running short…

Wishlist today!
Will wait for Humble Monthly....but these games are fun so nice!

I think of the ones you've listed, I've only watched Gilmore Girl (contemporaneously) and 13 Reasons Why (real tough watch in the late episodes). *Kinda* interested in Legion, but haven't heard of the rest. However, you listed,

shows that aired just in the past year I'd recommend over Twin Peaks.

I love dick
When it comes to dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5qPnnhA7Co

Worth noting that if you have a compulsive need to own this on Steam, you can get it for $26.99 if you already own the first Watch Dogs via this bundle:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3785/Watch_Dogs_Bundle/

Gots me sum filthy Steem lucre burning a hole in my virtual pocket.  So, for anyone dat haz a Steam Controller and has used it (or has stopped using it) for a while....is it now worth getting?

I'M WAITING!!!!!!

Don't get it, it's weird and it feels cheap and you won't like it and you'll go back to a normal controller after a couple days.

Wishlist today!
While I own the first one, I haven't played it yet. However, SteamWorld Heist is fantastic (beat it on iOS). I know they are very different games, but the style and design of Heist make me want this to do really well so we can get Heist 2, haha.

Thought the Steam controller would replace a mouse and keyboard and game controller for my Steam link.

It gathers dust next to the computer while I still have a keyboard and mouse and XB1 controller in the living room.

Gots me sum filthy Steem lucre burning a hole in my virtual pocket. So, for anyone dat haz a Steam Controller and has used it (or has stopped using it) for a while....is it now worth getting?

I'M WAITING!!!!!!
Yeah, Steam Controller is an easy pass. The trigger buttons feel all springy and ready to break. You get minimal functionality added with the right tracker pad thing, but then you sacrifice all functionality of most games (FPS, twin stick shooters, etc.) with the removal of the second stick. I mean you might eventually get used to it, but not recommended.

Some retail in-store deals at GS:

Ass Creed Unity - $4.97:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/assassins-creed-unity/114242

Dragon Age: I - $2.97:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dragon-age-inquisition/114766

Deluxe - $4.97

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dragon-age-inquisition-deluxe-edition/114771

I have a Unity on hold for me and that's the cheapest it's been. Now I only need AC: Rogue. Passing on the Dragon Age since it's part of Origin Access so I'll just pay for a month and play the deluxe if I ever get around to it.

Don't get it, it's weird and it feels cheap and you won't like it and you'll go back to a normal controller after a couple days.
this all the way. I got one to go along with my link. Rarely used it. Built a steamOS box then bought a second thinking I would need it for 2 player games, how bad could it be, i rarely used it but Im sure I would get used to it.

Nope nope nope. I really wish I would have just bought 2 xboneS bluetooth controllers and called it a day

It's your chance to finally get Shadow of Mordor for four bucks.

Mad Max is five bucks. That ain't bad, I guess if you didn't get it from somewhere else before (wasn't it Monthlied?)
It was monthlied and cheaper on that pick and mix Bundlestars deal. I think it was glitched on steam at one point too

why was the mega man legacy collection changed back to full price? I was just about to buy it when it changed back to $15. Why is that? The summer sale isn't over yet.

bread's done
Back