Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
They usually approve or deny within a day and say funds take up to 7 days to return to your payment source, but mine only took 2.
Cool they refunded the item so now I just wait on the cash but I already purchased it on nuuvem so I'll add it back to my library

EDIT: Relating to the steam summer sale didn't know there was a badge for placing all the stickers. If you got them all and haven't placed them yet you can still get the badge by doing so here https://steamcommunity.com/my/stickers

Last edited by a moderator:
On my 5th game. Hide and creep works. I give lessons.

OsOsujI.jpg

After that I joined Shirinpitt and his bros to get some experience in playing PUBG hands on. Learned some stuff. Still can't shoot worth shit, but it was fun.
boooooooring. I new this game was an easy pass for me. I cant shoot straight either, so this would be my only path to success. yawn

Every time I watch PUBG on Twitch, it's basically watching "loot simulator".
for the first half of any game thats pretty much what it is unless you drop into a place with a ton of other people. It only starts ramping up about 10-15min in when the play area has shrunk enough that people start coming together

boooooooring. I new this game was an easy pass for me. I cant shoot straight either, so this would be my only path to success. yawn
It sounds similar to RUST and The Culling and perhaps half a dozen other games. Going to the most popular iteration to kill teenagers online is cool and all, but I'd get bored quickly.

Well, if you look at the screenshot and see how I'm pointing my gun up, the other guy literally placed his head directly in my line of sight. It was an interesting round. I jumped into a solo game while Shirinpitt and his friend were finishing a round of Duo. I tried to engage people. Stole someone's car, tried to run over a few people, tried to shoot some people, all with no success. Finally, as the zone got smaller I lucked out and it focused around this big rock formation. I was the only one on the underside and I just sat there as this guy whittled the field down from 6 to 2. Then he tried to peek over the rock formation to try to grenade me out or shoot me and his head just popped out in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So you did the whole "Neebs School of Battlefield" and it worked for you in the end... That's just as impressive as running the table and killing them all in all would be. :)

It sounds similar to RUST and The Culling and perhaps half a dozen other games. Going to the most popular iteration to kill teenagers online is cool and all, but I'd get bored quickly.
I've never played any of them but in Rust I do know you could avoid combat/PvP, and are lucky, for infinity if you really want too. In PUB you will be dead or in combat after a short amount of time to gear up.

Honestly, if I had to play or buy one I think PUB would be the easy choice for me.

is the whole movie just spider-man sitting down complaining how bad the steam sale was?

cuz i'd watch that
That would be weird, I was one of the few that didn't complain much about the sale. Spent all of my steam wallet, got some games that were on my wishlist, good enough for me. The sticker shit was stupid, and the "encore" thing was laughable, but otherwise I didn't mind it. Maybe I'm just conditioned from the past sales over the last couple of years.

L06WR-KZFA2-H8AI6
FDDCZ-4YQDZ-X7XW7
8BEW2-Z26YJ-WJRJE
PJBR3-9YETA-N96Z0
VM904-L279H-JV7PV
IRLPP-Y5A33-7FHIC
IQJWP-B09AF-Q6CZY
GJ0YY-N6E3G-8GX2Q
HWVHY-8WEK9-MDNR3
F9GFZ-3YB78-3KPRW
6W0WI-LFP77-YPHGC
KHAQZ-DBY3H-HDX4E
MLPP5-7BDLD-Z0TF3
R3PPF-6P7MM-6L3XY
V9ABI-0AYGH-V590C
Z9W0Y-63J6C-8AZLI
2PDR6-BY4IF-HFGNC
0VAH4-0RETR-NT6N7
8A429-7ELGV-ED9LX
GJRRG-B36QC-8LFBC
XQ6ET-DL7QN-G5FV7
KWMEW-986LW-BITME
W5NX9-8M742-XM4EL
7KY50-K6BHQ-0FD3J
DZ468-83XKQ-ZR6XJ
NNQ24-K95G5-WFCDP
3E7L8-NV5LQ-74M7V
QEB53-L64QK-Q4YY7
J5NRI-HRQ8H-AMNLC
4MZYB-M2E55-9I4AH
QFTX4-ZZXG2-RDQ8I
PAAGY-0BEPR-KDKVA
FFPCJ-TAP64-YHAYB
D7YFL-WYMXL-9VZ2J
HC6D2-NCFT5-LYBHK
YQJPA-E2CMJ-IGDPL
TTE0K-BG05R-9Z3MA
CWMKT-M8MGG-LX8ZK
3H5Q4-AZ425-AQHYH
Z7VKK-FB60F-6GD3W
Q09CK-JVT02-DXD0V
A34TX-27KK7-6CRY9
8AKTK-0A23K-IE7RR
6YREV-QFT58-4AQG8
QYDNV-TR3AP-079Y3
2GT3C-27LLL-83RMY
C6YPF-063NB-K8FMC

I got a "Too many key attempts!"  Thanks!

Guess that, even if this thread is slow, there's always still a swarm of key lurkers... watching.... waiting....

That would be weird, I was one of the few that didn't complain much about the sale. Spent all of my steam wallet, got some games that were on my wishlist, good enough for me. The sticker shit was stupid, and the "encore" thing was laughable, but otherwise I didn't mind it. Maybe I'm just conditioned from the past sales over the last couple of years.
Honestly, what are people expecting? The sale was more or less the same as every other year unless you're wearing rose colored glasses. Not to mention the encore idea and others are them just trying something new. I'm just thankful we have this platform and don't bave to deal with shady sites where you don't even know where they get their games from.

I don't think its high on anyone's wish list but Nuuvem with that (SORRYGABE) code has Torment: Tides of Numenera for a big historic low right now. ($18)

https://www.nuuvem.com/item/torment-tides-numenera
It is still on my wishlish, but the CAG in me is wanting under $10 or part of a humble bundle. InXile humble monthly bundled Wastelands 2, which is a better reviewed game. Combat, bugs, and other complaints can be found in reviews. Those gamers that like VNs and/or like dialog heavy games seem to enjoy this title more. InXile could come out and patch or "director's cut" the game; time will tell.

Honestly, what are people expecting? The sale was more or less the same as every other year unless you're wearing rose colored glasses. Not to mention the encore idea and others are them just trying something new. I'm just thankful we have this platform and don't bave to deal with shady sites where you don't even know where they get their games from.
Not sure if trolling or just new here.

The Steam Sale is hugely different since the introduction of refunds.

This is most definitely NOT the same thing as when Flash Sales and Daily Sales existed.

Discounts aren't as large- on new games and on old.

Steam also introduced an arbitrary bottom price of $0.49. This made it less likely to find price mistakes with the percentage off- every sale you'd find stuff that because of stacking discounts things that were $0.09, $0.19 or $0.25.

It's not rose color glasses- it's math.

There's plenty of for-instances, but I'll use just one: Battleblock Theatre. It's lowest all time price was from a Steam Sale, just after it was released. Because sale prices have to be for the full two week duration of the sale, the price cuts are a lot less aggressive.

The Encore sale isn't something new: It's a leftover from when there were time limited sales- someone could miss a daily sale, a time limited sale, and they'd collect many of them up (all the daily sales, some of the flash sales), and run them the last two days of the sale.

I'm sure for some people, Valve making all games refundable is a huge boon.

For me, it's been a mostly worthless ability, and for it to come at the cost of the top 10% of deals you'd ever get out of the portal, it's a bad trade.

Additionally, the trading card market used to be a WHOLE lot more robust. With card prices being $0.10-0.25, you could frequently and easily turn your steam sale cards directly into more games.

And that's not even touching on the better promos that used to get run... like the Gem Auction.

I've never played any of them but in Rust I do know you could avoid combat/PvP, and are lucky, for infinity if you really want too. In PUB you will be dead or in combat after a short amount of time to gear up.
Rust is like PUBG in that both have guns. Aside from that, they're almost diametric opposites since Rust is a long-haul game about getting resources to build a progression of weapons and create a shelter-turned-fortress and probably allying with other players if you intend to survive long term. PUBG is a short one-off about killing everyone then starting the next game.

Honestly, what are people expecting?
Everyone knows the Steam sale will suck. No one was surprised. It's like an annual company retreat -- everyone knows it'll be terrible and talks about how it'll be terrible then the company puts a happy "Yay for us!" face on it and it's terrible.

Not sure if trolling or just new here.

The Steam Sale is hugely different since the introduction of refunds.
This is most definitely NOT the same thing as when Flash Sales and Daily Sales existed.
Discounts aren't as large- on new games and on old.

Steam also introduced an arbitrary bottom price of $0.49. This made it less likely to find price mistakes with the percentage off- every sale you'd find stuff that because of stacking discounts things that were $0.09, $0.19 or $0.25.

It's not rose color glasses- it's math.
There's plenty of for-instances, but I'll use just one: Battleblock Theatre. It's lowest all time price was from a Steam Sale, just after it was released. Because sale prices have to be for the full two week duration of the sale, the price cuts are a lot less aggressive.

The Encore sale isn't something new: It's a leftover from when there were time limited sales- someone could miss a daily sale, a time limited sale, and they'd collect many of them up (all the daily sales, some of the flash sales), and run them the last two days of the sale.
I'm sure for some people, Valve making all games refundable is a huge boon.
For me, it's been a mostly worthless ability, and for it to come at the cost of the top 10% of deals you'd ever get out of the portal, it's a bad trade.

Additionally, the trading card market used to be a WHOLE lot more robust. With card prices being $0.10-0.25, you could frequently and easily turn your steam sale cards directly into more games.

And that's not even touching on the better promos that used to get run... like the Gem Auction.

That's the problem. Everyone wants refunds and expected it to be free and have the company just eat the money. Doesn't work that way. Sure you'll get refunds but at the cost of this just as I expected would happen when they first announced that feature. Reminds me of the naive Bernie Bros who want free college, free housing, free everything and then wonder why their taxes go up. I would rather people research games they like and only buy those instead of abusing the refund ability.

instead of abusing the refund ability.
Refunding because of a lower price is an explicitly stated legitimate reason according to the Refund Policy. There's no "abuse" involved. Anyway, even that would be solvable: Have games start at their best sale price for a limited duration and then decrease for the rest of the sale. Roll different games in and out of the sale. But the death of dailies and flash sales has as much to do with people whining that checking a website once a day is too hard as it has to do with refunds. Valve has no interest in "fixing" the refund "problem" because then they'd still have the "Game was on sale and I missed it, I'm so mad!" problem.

I don't think its high on anyone's wish list but Nuuvem with that (SORRYGABE) code has Torment: Tides of Numenera for a big historic low right now. ($18)

https://www.nuuvem.com/item/torment-tides-numenera
Very high on my Wishlist....when it gets cheaper, of course.

PS:T is one of the best RPG's ever made + I'm definitely looking forward to this spiritual successor/sequel of sorts.

I still got to many games to play - i.e. in the middle of Dreamfall; haven't finished Witcher 3 GOTY + Fallout 4 & its Season Pass; still got Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, MGS V: Definitive and tons of other games in the backlog - yeah, I think I can wait a little bit.

EDIT:

If it hits $10 or less; or gets bundled - yeah, I'm so grabbing Torment: Tides.

The refund policy was really due to games like Batman Arkham Knight.  Buying a game at launch for $60 for it to be a hot mess like it was = no acceptable.  You could debate No Man's Sky as to whether it was really refund worthy or not (especially when some people went way over the 2 hours).  Nonetheless, the refund policy helped consumers with regards to games that should have stayed in development for instance.  I don't think that the policy is bad towards developers if a gamer asks for a refund with less than 2 hours played and "owned" a copy of a license for less than 14 days (again cannot have played more than 2 hours).  I think I understand what Caggamer2 is saying, the gamer should research i.e. hardware requirement, reviews and such.  It would be nice to actually see what stats there are regarding steam refunds.  I also understand that there could be a correlation with the refund policy and the lack of past sale prices (we all have complained that the sales have suffered for years now).  Again, actually see the stats on the refunds (including the reason why) could enlighten the community on whether it is truly a factor.  Finding a title cheaper than Steam and asking for a refund is fair game in my opinion.  The developer has input on the sales price on steam.  I would like it if steam had a "price match" type policy.  This could be limited i.e. 14 days and limited to what the gamer could buy in their respective region i.e. North America could not ask for Russian pricing.  My idea of a "price match" would be not a total refund, but the gamer would be steam credited with the difference of the lower sales price and what the gamer bought it at.  Just a thought.  (Think amazon price match when you had to input the website address to the product)

Regarding the whole Summer or Winter Sale and removal of the daily/flash sales; this has been both good and bad.  Yes, there are people that are willing to check multiple times a day for a deal, while there are plenty of people that are just interested in "give me your best price" for the whole sale and want more than a 3 day window in order to purchase.  Syntax has a good idea posted above.

Refunding because of a lower price is an explicitly stated legitimate reason according to the Refund Policy. There's no "abuse" involved. Anyway, even that would be solvable: Have games start at their best sale price for a limited duration and then decrease for the rest of the sale. Roll different games in and out of the sale. But the death of dailies and flash sales has as much to do with people whining that checking a website once a day is too hard as it has to do with refunds. Valve has no interest in "fixing" the refund "problem" because then they'd still have the "Game was on sale and I missed it, I'm so mad!" problem.
It's been years since I've shopped at GS but it reminds me of the people who abuse their generous return policy. They just hurt things for the honest people.

Still sticking with my theory, based on what bars did as well. The economy stopped sucking (or at least, as much) so price cuts stopped being so aggressive. When people were being tight with their money, because of job cuts and a weak market (and etc), you had to put out big discounts to convince people to spend. Now? Not so much, why put a game for 75% off when people will still buy it for 33-50% off? 

Why based on bars? Well around here when the economy went to crap, bars were having very very good happy hour deals to entice people to still come. As things have improved,  a lot of those deals have been going away or prices have increased. 

The economy probably had something to do with it but I think it was mainly just digital distribution going big and all the publishers falling into the "sell for pennies, make it up in volume" trap.

The economy probably had something to do with it but I think it was mainly just digital distribution going big and all the publishers falling into the "sell for pennies, make it up in volume" trap.
Probably both.

Plus, companies like UbiSoft are trying to push their own versions w/ UPlay-only at everywhere else (Gamersgate, Retail, Amazon, etc) except Steam, so they price-up Steam-version since Steam takes 30% or so anyways per sale.

Heads up: Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, AKA the best game on Steam is currently 0.40 at Nuuvem after using the SORRYGABE coupon on checkout!
Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting for this game to show up in an another bundle (knock on wood) but $0.40 is acceptable.

Nuuvem has terrible search function. Makes one really appreciate Steam Store improved store interface in search and organizing deal by percentage discount.

Wanted Silent Hill Homecoming and its less than $2 on Nuuvem in South America but too bad I can't buy it and $5.99 is too much.

This way you can get to bed early on friday nights, the game will put you asleep by 11pm. Hey look, I camped for 25 minutes but won the game. WHeeeeeeee
lets do it agai.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Jokes on you, I was up until 3AM that night playing PUBG with the Shirinbros and they like to get into the thick of it from the start and take the fight to others. You can play the game however you want, which is the beauty of it.

bread's done
Back