Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If it wasn't in stroke on cherry, I would doing a cloud oranges, but you never cheese.
That explains the lopsided mouth on his new avatar, too.

HELPphone.jpg

I loved Racing Destruction Set so much, despite the horrific loads.

I have a vague fuzzy memory EA used to say the sphere was a nerf ball, but that was back when they still cared about games and played laser tag after hours in the office on Fridays.

I loved Racing Destruction Set so much, despite the horrific loads.

I have a vague fuzzy memory EA used to say the sphere was a nerf ball, but that was back when they still cared about games and played laser tag after hours in the office on Fridays.
Back in high school, my friend told me the same "It's a stray Nerf Ball that rolled into our logo" story so you must remember it correctly. Or else you're my high school friend. Mike, is that you?

Racing Destruction Set was awesome although 95% of my time was spent making large jumps and setting the gravity to Io. This meant that I would constantly fly about six miles off the track and not finish my own races, but I did get some sweet air. The other 5% was making mud tracks and giving the opponent's car racing slicks so I could laugh at them as I lapped them for the fifth time.

Last night, we failed to play Red Faction: Gorillas because I had some stuff pop up and then it just never got off the ground without my critical leadership. Looking at the Discord chat, it seems like a lot of people were AWOL.

Tonight we were going to play Marooners but then Weiler asked to change it to Killing Floor 2 and I guess Marooners sucks anyway, plus I don't own it. So I imagine we're doing KF2 but since there's no servers hosting the cheaty-cheat map, we'll have to actually display some level of skill.

Speaking of custom maps, yesterday I had a daily to play Voltar's Manor on Suicidal. So I load up, play it through and then, after getting to about Wave Five realize that I had selected a custom map called Voltar's Castle which was listed right next to V's Manor. Really, I should have realized that it was the wrong map since they look nothing alike but I wasn't at my sharpest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep wanting to get into multiplayer games but then I keep remembering what it is like.  I do plan on sometime doing bronight but I always seem to be tired/not home/breathing and it never quite happens lol.  Maybe with Ghost Recon: Wildhands I'll pop on, unless I unload these keys I have.

Any way to knock that out while at work and away from my Steam client?

Edit: Actually I'm installing the client at work.  Breakin' the Law!  Hope they don't fix it before this slow ass install is done...

Man, that was kind of a pain in the ass.  Had to install the Steam client then actually install the game before it would add to the library (tried starting the install and canceling but the game didn't show as purchased).  Finally I installed the whole thing and then uninstalled Steam and it shows as purchased on the store page.

KF2 is scheduled tonight and next week (for Halloween week, it seems) but probably won't be a regular game on the schedule.  Not because we don't like it -- just the opposite.  It's getting a resurgence in Bro popularity so it's sort of like PUBG where every night is nominally KF2 night if there isn't anything else going on or the scheduled game falls through/sucks/doesn't work.

Any way to knock that out while at work and away from my Steam client?

Edit: Actually I'm installing the client at work. Breakin' the Law! Hope they don't fix it before this slow ass install is done...
Don't sweat it man. These will probably be revoked from our accounts within 48 hours.

But it only took 5 seconds to add it to my account, so what the hell. Might as well go through the motions.

EDIT: I didn't need to install the game. Strange that it made you do that. In that case, it'd take a heck of a lot longer than 5 seconds.

Quite possibly, but we've had other back-door install glitches that worked so I figured I'd give it a shot for a multiplayer game.
Oh, I didn't realize that this sort of thing had been done successfully in the past. Must have missed those glitches/exploits.

So uh, never mind I guess.

Last night, we failed to play Red Faction: Gorillas because I had some stuff pop up and then it just never got off the ground without my critical leadership. Looking at the Discord chat, it seems like a lot of people were AWOL.
I loaded up and played for 5 minutes while I was waiting for people to show up before realizing it was the game I finished on the PS3 when it came out. I left to play PUBG after that. Georgebot came into PUBG channel at some point to yell at Bah for the bronight fail, but Bah was AFK.

I loaded up and played for 5 minutes while I was waiting for people to show up before realizing it was the game I finished on the PS3 when it came out. I left to play PUBG after that. Georgebot came into PUBG channel at some point to yell at Bah for the bronight fail, but Bah was AFK.
lol fuck Georgebot

I didnt install the game and the event's creator didnt even show up. It was a fart in the wind event, they happen from time to time. No big deal. We PUBGd with the hackers.

Just noticed that Hide & Shriek isn't showing up in my library. I can download it if I access it through the store page, but it looks like I don't actually own it.

I'm frankly beyond the point of caring, as I'll never play it. But just thought I'd point it out because maybe somebody else out there will care.

Get Hide and Shriek for free glitch:

Just go to steam://install/480430

or

!addlicense 480430

in ASF
BF1 Friday replacement? :D

Just noticed that Hide & Shriek isn't showing up in my library. So it'll let me download it if I access it through the store page, but I don't actually own it.

I'm frankly beyond the point of caring, as I'll never play it. But just thought I'd point it out because maybe somebody else out there will care.
Its because its a free weekend game. It wont show up in library until the free weekend is actually live. It happened with Day of Infamy last week. It took about 30 mins for that to go into library after 1pm.

Back in high school, my friend told me the same "It's a stray Nerf Ball that rolled into our logo" story so you must remember it correctly. Or else you're my high school friend. Mike, is that you?
No, but one of my high school friends was Mike... OooooOOoooOOOoo.

Ah, racing, weapons, and track construction. Why can't modern game developers understand how important this is in life?

I mean, look at Forza Horizon 3. They do a whole Hot Wheels thing, and they forget how much of that was building the ridiculous tracks. Do we get to build tracks? Nope. Also, no weapons! Where is my Blur + level editor, developers? Probably lost in one of those pointless open worlds.

(Mostly shitty Cabela's (Activision....ewwwww) "Hunting" games being removed from steam (soon?)...Currently on sale for 80% off ending in under 2 hrs.)

U can save $2 on a Cabela "bundle"...not looking it up for you because....laze...

YOU GO NAO!!!!!!

okMXzPOMRHOyf2uKZw4Dbw.png

The original Mafia game is now available on GOG. It was removed from steam several years ago. 

It's apparently exclusive to GOG. But we all know how this story will end.

EDIT: Apparently they removed the licensed music.

The original Mafia game is now available on GOG. It was removed from steam several years ago.

It's apparently exclusive to GOG. But we all know how this story will end.

EDIT: Apparently they removed the licensed music.
I wonder how long till someone mods it back in...?

More EA being EA... I was curious about a rumor I had heard years ago during the Dreamcast era about them holding back their games cause they wanted to release their own console... Obviously, no truth in that but I did find out that their dismal behavior started in the 16th bit era.

Apparently, they reversed engineered the Genesis and told Sega that they would only pay 2 dollar license fee (instead of 8 bucks) or they might just release their documents. Sega agrwed to it.

And the reason that there was no EA games on the Dreamcast is that EA said they would only support the system if they were the only ones to make/release sports games on the system. (Sega said no... They had just spent 10 million to acquire Visual Concepts.)

Anyhow, all that (and more) here:
http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/20/monday-memories-ea-not-supporting-the-dreamcast/

"Softened Cookie"Is a competitive game where the player's goal is to achieve a "fast orgasm". The goal in this game is to "finish" as quickly as possible and thereby force the enemy to eat the cookie with the condensed milk. Firmly grasp and slide your mouse up and down to create FRICTION and SPEED.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/735440/Softened_Cookie/

Bro night when?

Who's gonna be the Cookie-Monster?

JS47622759.jpg

BF1 Friday replacement? :D

Its because its a free weekend game. It wont show up in library until the free weekend is actually live. It happened with Day of Infamy last week. It took about 30 mins for that to go into library after 1pm.
im not making it friday, so pubg or hide and shriek or whatever.

had a daily to use the magnum handgun on the gunslinger. Holy Penetration Batman! Line em up and you could drop 3 or 4 of the weak zeds in one shot. Just shows you how much suck the support class is. You might get 2 with a good up close Double Barrel shot and then have to reload. At least with gunslinger while it helps to be close you are more than likely going to kill more than one with 1 shot.

I was dropping fleshpounds without a reload with dual wield magnums. God the support is ass, great for everyone else, crap to play.

What was that one game that steam removed because of sexual content?

How much worse was it than a video game version of soggy biscuit?

We all know Bah will always finish first and then still eat the cookie because he's greedy.  

I remember I tried to convince Reds to buy Hide and Shriek to play with me last year, but the game is best played with a mic so that scared him. That and probably the fact half his purchases were to play with me and I never did.  I mistreated Reds and now he's gone...

We all know Bah will always finish first and then still eat the cookie because he's greedy.

I remember I tried to convince Reds to buy Hide and Shriek to play with me last year, but the game is best played with a mic so that scared him. That and probably the fact half his purchases were to play with me and I never did. I mistreated Reds and now he's gone...
Forsaken By Reds could be a game.

Just saw a report that indicated that even though Valve has done a couple of measures to basically "slow" down shovelware that the fake or asset flips are still coming.  I just shake my head at this as Valve continues to make money with games releasing and OMG  "cards".  Steam/Valve has, at least in my opinion, has created their own mess.  Cards, leveling, etc... has created various problems.  For instance, if you are interested in creating badges and/or leveling, yes you want cheap cards.  So when a developer gets their games pulled and you are left with cards that you cannot even sell and or harder to trade for , it is the consumer that takes the hit.  If you had a game that you did not get cards from yet that has been turned off then you have lost access to those cards.  Again, consumer is taking the hit.  Is it the end of the world? No.  However, Valve has profited from all of the various things that they have done and act like they are surprised when other companies and consumers try to find ways to take advantage of it.  I admit leveling (at least after a certain point) really serves no purpose.  For instance,  let people see how long you have been on Steam - great.  Let everybody have access to the friend number cap.  Cards, well, it is not like Pokemon or another card based game and it is darn near impossible to "catch them all".  Can the backgrounds and images be fun?  Sure.  In the era of microtransactions and such, are we really surprised about cards?  

I think that Valve really needs to think about the community IF they want to change.  I am somewhat doubtful that they want to change though.  Projections were that there were going to be about 6,000 games released on Steam 2017.  A newer gamer or naive gamer may have a hard time shifting through the myriad of titles.  Yes, most of us especially being CAGs, research games and prices.  Yes, there will always be a market for cheaper indie titles.  I think that most newer people to Steam should find a couple of curators that fit their game preferences to help guide them.  

Watching what has happened to Steam over the past several years, I can better appreciate Origin and Uplay.  Origin has better customer service hands down i.e. they actually interact with you.  Keeping libraries simple and "cleaner" has advantages.  Yes, I want some better features on Origin and Uplay, for instance having review sections on their store pages from games.

bread's done
Back