Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Also, that is one tiny motherboard. Which doesn't affect how well it operates or anything but I bet it's a pain to work with. After the last time I did a build using a mini-ATX, I swore that my next build would use a motherboard the size of a car hood.

By the way, none of this should diminish the fact that your purchase for $200 was a great one and I'd still have jumped on it in a New York minute if it was available near me. And, Forza aside, there's virtually every current game that should play on it from a range of "acceptable" to "Runs great on high+ settings at 1080".

In game deals related news, I Gilby'd the DLC sale for The Division and then realized that it's on sale from Ubi yet again tomorrow. So let's see if I remember it then. Weilier and I hit 30 yesterday and were enjoying ourselves so this would be the soft spot to make me purchase more content.
So what division dlc's are even worth the time? Dont know how interested im into pvp stuff. Probably running around the dark zone with the bros will be enough of that for me. Some extra coop missions id be down for if the price is right

36 badges = 36 Mystery cards right? How are you going to make $15-20 off of that.
I think you need to take another look at the amount of cards I have.

DRUC_9aUQAEtgXx.jpg

So what division dlc's are even worth the time? Dont know how interested im into pvp stuff. Probably running around the dark zone with the bros will be enough of that for me. Some extra coop missions id be down for if the price is right
Underground and Survival are both co-op and worth picking up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, that is one tiny motherboard. Which doesn't affect how well it operates or anything but I bet it's a pain to work with. After the last time I did a build using a mini-ATX, I swore that my next build would use a motherboard the size of a car hood.

By the way, none of this should diminish the fact that your purchase for $200 was a great one and I'd still have jumped on it in a New York minute if it was available near me. And, Forza aside, there's virtually every current game that should play on it from a range of "acceptable" to "Runs great on high+ settings at 1080".

In game deals related news, I Gilby'd the DLC sale for The Division and then realized that it's on sale from Ubi yet again tomorrow. So let's see if I remember it then. Weilier and I hit 30 yesterday and were enjoying ourselves so this would be the soft spot to make me purchase more content.
Yeah, I never buy small boards. Too much of s struggle with my large hands.

No, even if he does drop 200 bucks in RAM into the machine its a hell of a deal... And its more of a Forza Horizon thing. Big map, no load times, lots and lots of 3D objects. Horizon is more of a memory hog than the Motorspots series is. Its built on Motorsports 6 tech but Forza Apex in the Windows 10 Store is a good way to see this in action. (Yeah, there's demos but for the amount of GB involved you're better of getting a free game with more content than a demo of 3 races.)

Congrats on 30! Survival (though not my cup of tea) and Underground are extremely worthwhile. :) I haven't tried it yet but the rework of Underground in 1.8 has allot of people singing its praises again.

Who actually uses their wishlist in a feasible manner?

I notice that many people on my friends list have hundreds or even thousands of games on theirs. At this point, the list is unmanageable or won't even load.

I like to give my spare games to people that I think would like them and this "trend" of ridiculously sized wishlists is making it very difficult :)

I have 30-40 games on mine which I think is a bit heavy. This consists mainly of games that are not available yet, some that I am unsure of and others that I am waiting on.

I've gotten over the fact you're all on the +1 hype for game count. But for wishlists, I don't understand.

@Carl

If it has been Bundled or actually is something that I want, onto the Steam Wishlist it goes.

I throw my Wishlist Link in the Cesspool and this sits as my "Lifetime Wishlist", as it includes everything I'm looking for  - as unorganized and all, as most of it actually is. This way, my Cesspool List (which consists mostly of recently bundled stuff or stuff I'm looking for), which is already long BTW, isn't even longer than it actually already is.

Also, people have checked that Wishlist, searched for something they are trying to rid of (which ain't on my Cesspool List), and then make a trade w/ me for something that they really want - whether I get just a +1, something that I really want to actually play, or both...well, whatever works for me. [shrug]

I usually do try to keep my Top 15 or Top 20 accurate as to what I am interesting in the Most, though.

If we had Multiple Wishlists on Steam, it would be a lot easier to maintain the lists. If they did that, I could do like I do on Amazon and have Multiple WishLists - creating Multiple Wishlists on Steam for like "Most Wanted Titles", "Pre-Releases", probably Multiple "Bundle Fodder" lists (for stuff I don't care about - which could be a good deal of my Wishlisted stuff), "ARPG's", "Old School CRPG's", "Modern RPG's", "Action Titles", "Racing Games", etc etc.

Speaking of collecting for winter sale I graphed my games:

Ignore spikes at end, it's due to bug (counting family shared games since those are applied at each login)

Total Games:

unknown.png

Per day activations / purchases: (same caveat as above)

unknown.png

DLC Bonus

zuLkWba.png

6A9QDYu.png

If we had Multiple Wishlists on Steam, it would be a lot easier to maintain the lists. If they did that, I could do like I do on Amazon and have Multiple WishLists - creating Multiple Wishlists on Steam for like "Most Wanted Titles", "Pre-Releases", probably Multiple "Bundle Fodder" lists (for stuff I don't care about - which could be a good deal of my Wishlisted stuff), "ARPG's", "Old School CRPG's", "Modern RPG's", "Action Titles", "Racing Games", etc etc.
Oh lord I wish they would add multiple wishlists. I add a lot of games that look interesting that I want to look at again when they have more reviews, that might account for 400+ games alone. Ideally I would have a primary list for games I will buy when they are on sale cheap enough, a list for dlc that I want, a list for games that I intend to look at later and one for "looks so-so, watch for a bundle" games.

I notice that many people on my friends list have hundreds or even thousands of games on theirs. At this point, the list is unmanageable or won't even load.

I like to give my spare games to people that I think would like them and this "trend" of ridiculously sized wishlists is making it very difficult :)

I have 30-40 games on mine which I think is a bit heavy. This consists mainly of games that are not available yet, some that I am unsure of and others that I am waiting on.

I've gotten over the fact you're all on the +1 hype for game count. But for wishlists, I don't understand.
Anyone that adds every game on steam to their wishlist is a dumbass, that's all you need to understand.

It was around $12 on nuuvem by BF sales if my memory is right
USD through the US portal or some Sao Paulo trickiness?

I use my wish list for things I'm legitimately interested in, or at least was half-interested when I clicked the "add to Wishlist" button. I have about 90 things on there at present. I mainly use it to scan down during the big sales (and come away disappointed). The daily email nags about "An item on your wishlist is on sale!" just get deleted because it's invariably some 10-15% discount.

My wishlist has always hovered around 200 games. Right now it's at 232. The first 30 or so are organized pretty accurately, but after that I just can't keep track. I thought about reorganizing the entire thing in preparation of the sale, but it's too much of a pain in the ass with the way moving things around works.

Weilier and I hit 30 yesterday and were enjoying ourselves so this would be the soft spot to make me purchase more content.
I thought you were older. Like I imagined you with 40 and with kids and such. I'm feeling like the greatest grandpa here....¬¬

Well, Weiler you and Pedro are from the same generation.

So, party at Pedro's house?

I've got 93 on my wishlist at the moment and I could see it going over 100. But most of the games I add are ones I have an interest in owning at some point. I would probably top out at like 150 max.

But yeah, I really can't understand the ones who have like 400-500 games on there. That seems like overkill to me.

Since steam has become so bloated with inconsequential games, I use my wishlist as my personally curated storefront.  Much easier scrolling through a list of 500 games than trying to slog through thousands of Bad Rats clones during sale season.

Heck, I find more stuff to buy off the friendslist activity feed than the regular sale pages.

I don't use my wishlist in the conventional way.  I tend to keep it empty save for any upcoming games I find really interesting and don't want to forget about, in this case Strange Brigade from the Sniper Elite devs.  During sales I browse the genres I'm most like to enjoy and add games I might consider buying to my wishlist.  I usually don't have to browse too much since chances are I bought everything I wanted during the previous sale so I only have 5-6 months of stuff to sift through, though it has gotten harder this year with the 100 games a day Steam is releasing.  I usually add 20-30 games tops to my wishlist during the sale, prioritized by what I want most, and then decide what I really want by the end of the sale and purge it again save for the upcoming games.  

Well Im one of those with like 1200 in my wishlist. I stopped trying to curate it long ago. At this point its really just a steam integration point for ITAD. Thats all I really use it for is if anything seems slightly interesting I throw it in there, then just wait to get notified by itad of a price drop. Useful for big steam sales so then I really dont have to look around the store, just read my itad lists as they come in

Plus on bundle notification sites it helps to easily identify bundles that have games that are actually slightly interesting instead of complete fodder

I think I usually have about 30 max in my wishlist and then periodically delete it to around 20 or so. I keep putting stuff on it that looks fun that I later realize is just bundle fodder so I delete it off. My steam wishlist is mostly stuff that I can see myself buying off of steam, and not every little thing that looks fun that I will likely never play nor buy off of steam anyway.

I think I have around 1000 on my wishlist.

I mainly use it to make Steamgifts easy.

It got so big because I was addicted to going through the Discovery Queue and I would add anything that looked mildly interesting.  There's a lot of shit I could remove, but it's more of a hassle than leaving it in.

Random garbage you can remove off your wishlists:

Space Run Galaxy - XCIWX-0APQZ-four0Q9Y

Saints Row 2 - LZXCM-VLVnineE-D28KV

140 - 4KHM9-Q0CI0-QYtwoD5

Onikira: Demon Killer - QRDGM-XPRYL-JsevenYBP

Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy - 7NXZ7-NWK53-WYAnineK

Are we about to have a "I am older" contest? haha

Thank you to Ubisoft for having a day of repeating all the sales and for the giveaways: Watch Dogs, AC Black Flag, and World in Conflict.  My wish is that you would discount Far Cry 4 Gold better than $24 - for point of reference, it was on for $15 at one point on Origin.  I also think that they deserve some recognition for putting AC Origins on sale as well.  

Thank you to GoG for continuing to have free games and continued improvement.  

EA Origin - thank you for having better customer service than Steam (serious compliment).  The "on the house" games are great as well. 

My holiday and New Year wishes for Origin, GoG and Uplay - continue to improve your interface, store, features, and have some good sales.

Random garbage you can remove off your wishlists:

Space Run Galaxy - XCIWX-0APQZ-four0Q9Y

Saints Row 2 - LZXCM-VLVnineE-D28KV

140 - 4KHM9-Q0CI0-QYtwoD5

Onikira: Demon Killer - QRDGM-XPRYL-JsevenYBP

Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy - 7NXZ7-NWK53-WYAnineK
Oooh, Getting Over It is on my wish list ... aaaaaand all lurked.

bread's done
Back