Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've been struggling to refrain from comment, but I started watching that Scott Pilgrim movie several years ago, and I thought it was dumb and goofy. I didn't understand at the time, and probably still don't, why anyone thought that this movie was somehow representative of gamers and gamer culture. It could simply be that I'm old or not obsessed with anime
Yeah, about the same. I wasn't actively angry that I watched it but I never felt any desire to watch it again and it's mentally filed under "Things Some People Think Are Great For Some Reason". Maybe I had to grow up a Nintendo kid instead of an Atari kid to "get it" or something.

You should smile in your pics!
One does not simply smile on pictures with physical game media. That's serious shut that needs to be taken seriously, yo!

Scott Pilgrim, it never looked like my cup of tea. Movie, books, etc. The game was fun but without my knowledge of the IP I sort of felt I was missing some of its charm.

Speaking of game nostalgia. Has anyone seen Ready Player One? I read the book a few years ago. It was out and well known when I got to it and frankly I didn't approach it expecting to like it. I just looked at all the buzz with eye rolling whateverness... Anyhow, I found the book to be really good and enjoyed it a bunch. I just sort question the ability to transfer it to the silver screen while being truthful. I've seen the trailers and realize that a lot of the IPs seen are modern and I fear that the change up and advertisements instead of callouts is going to hurt the magic.

Speaking of game nostalgia. Has anyone seen Ready Player One? I read the book a few years ago. It was out and well known when I got to it and frankly I didn't approach it expecting to like it. I just looked at all the buzz with eye rolling whateverness... Anyhow, I found the book to be really good and enjoyed it a bunch. I just sort question the ability to transfer it to the silver screen while being truthful. I've seen the trailers and realize that a lot of the IPs seen are modern and I fear that the change up and advertisements instead of callouts is going to hurt the magic.
Agreed. It looks like it tries too hard to be inclusive by throwing in things like Overwatch and TF2, which gives me as much hope for it as that awful Pixels movie. But I liked Wreck It Ralph, so I might check it out on Redbox going in with the mindset that movies usually don't do the books they're based on justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of game nostalgia. Has anyone seen Ready Player One? I read the book a few years ago. It was out and well known when I got to it and frankly I didn't approach it expecting to like it.
I saw it and liked it okay enough. My wife, who I was expecting to hate it, actually loved it so maybe having expectations from the book was a negative. It's streamlined for length, the challenges are all changed to things more flashy and visual for movie purposes and Artemis is given much more to do, taking over some of Wade's stuff from the book. I was annoyed at Overwatch's Tracer in the previews but didn't really notice much "modern" (i.e. introduced in the last decade) stuff in the movie. If someone pointed some out, I wouldn't be surprised since there was a lot of stuff in the film but nothing jumped out and annoyed me. There's one or two new plot lines that don't go anywhere for some reason. It's more "Let's make a movie out of the broad strokes of RPO" rather than an attempt at a faithful cinematic retelling of the book.

I felt that the visual media helped since there was less "laundry lists of pop culture stuff" because they could show instead of telling. I felt the time constraints hurt since the characters, no well of depths to begin with, had even less time to project motivations or personality. I guess it was not as good as I'd have dreamed but much better than I feared.

Quick quiz. I have about $16 on my steam wallet. Should I grab marvel alliance bundle before it get pulled... or pay a bit more and get Nier automata? I don't think Square will make a better deal than 50% on that game, given their jrpg deal history.

Quick quiz. I have about $16 on my steam wallet. Should I grab marvel alliance bundle before it get pulled... or pay a bit more and get Nier automata? I don't think Square will make a better deal than 50% on that game, given their jrpg deal history.
If you're interested in those Marvel games, then I'd say grab them before they're gone. On the other hand, Automata is a beautiful, wonderful experience--albeit one that isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, I know those marvel games will get pulled. But... I don't think I'll play them again. Maybe a couple hours, but no more than that. I don't usually play arpg games that much, only exceptions were Diablo and that marvel MMO

Nier has been cheaper on GMG before. i think it was 60% off?

You should smile in your pics!
31697387_10155521859966586_3079253300806156288_n.jpg

Yeah, I know those marvel games will get pulled. But... I don't think I'll play them again. Maybe a couple hours, but no more than that. I don't usually play arpg games that much, only exceptions were Diablo and that marvel MMO
Does anyone have any idea if Activision is the type of company that would announce "Hey, this game's going to be cheap b/c we're removing this game from Steam. Go buy it!"?

I remember N-Space was pretty good about announcing Sword Coast Legends would be leaving and is on sale cheap b/c it's gonna removed.

You'll get a random smattering of answers to this based on whether people like JRPGs or not. I fall pretty solidly in the latter category, so I'll say, get MUA2. It's pretty fun if you haven't played either before.

Does anyone have any idea if Activision is the type of company that would announce "Hey, this game's going to be cheap b/c we're removing this game from Steam. Go buy it!"?

I remember N-Space was pretty good about announcing Sword Coast Legends would be leaving and is on sale cheap b/c it's gonna removed.
I don't think they make announcements. They didn't when Deadpool, TWD, etc. got delisted.

You'll get a random smattering of answers to this based on whether people like JRPGs or not. I fall pretty solidly in the latter category, so I'll say, get MUA2. It's pretty fun if you haven't played either before.
Uhhhh what does liking JRPGs have to do with Nier Automata?

Uhhhh what does liking JRPGs have to do with Nier Automata?
Nier: Automata

Developer(s)

PlatinumGames

Publisher(s)

Square Enix

Director(s)

Yoko Taro

Producer(s)

• Eijiro Nishimura
  • Yosuke Saito
Designer(s)

• Takahisa Taura
  • Isao Negishi
Programmer(s)

Ryo Onishi

Artist(s)

Writer(s)

• Yoko Taro
  • Hana Kikuchi
  • Yoshiho Akabane
Composer(s)

Keiichi Okabe

Series

Drakengard

Platform(s)

Release

PlayStation 4
  • [SIZE=11.97px]JP:[/SIZE] February 23, 2017
  • [SIZE=11.97px]NA:[/SIZE] March 7, 2017
  • [SIZE=11.97px]PAL:[/SIZE] March 10, 2017
Microsoft Windows
  • [SIZE=11.97px]WW:[/SIZE] March 17, 2017
Genre(s)

Action role-playing

Mode(s)

Single-player
Nier: Automata (ニーア オートマタ Nīa Ōtomata, stylized as NieR:Automata) is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows.

PlatinumGames Inc.

Native name
プラチナゲームズ株式会社

Romanizedname
Purachina Gēmuzu Kabushiki Gaisha

Type
Private

Industry

Video game industry

Predecessors

• Seeds Inc.
  • Odd Inc.
Founded

October 1, 2007; 10 years ago

Founder

Headquarters

Osaka, Japan

Key people
Products

Number of employees
193[1] (2018)

Website

platinumgames.com
PlatinumGames Inc. is a Japanese video game development company that was founded in October 2007 as result of a merger between two companies, Seeds Inc. and Odd Inc.

[Devil's advocate mode]

Why not splurge and just buy both? ;)

[/Devil's advocate mode]

Dare I even ask: what is a Jack's Pizza? Frozen pizza? Pizza chain restaurant?

Living near Boston and all, we're surrounded w/ good pizza places like...everywhere.
You don't eat frozen pizza at all? And yeah, it's a frozen pizza. Similar to Tombstone style. Cardboard disc, plastic wrap.

You don't eat frozen pizza at all? And yeah, it's a frozen pizza. Similar to Tombstone style. Cardboard disc, plastic wrap.
Haven't in years. So, normally, these days and age: nope.

I'm spoiled, like I said; lots of really good pizza places around this neck of the woods.

Haven't in years. So, normally, these days and age: nope.

I'm spoiled, like I said; lots of really good pizza places around this neck of the woods.
I'll say this, good restaurant pizza is always preferred, but some days I don't want to wait for delivery or head out of the house. Plus, some frozen pizzas are their own sort of type of food.

Don't think I've seen anyone bring it up before, but the Kirkland frozen cheese pizza at Costco is fairly solid. 4-Pack for $10. Sprinkle a little basil on top and you're good to go.

Kinda. It's a Japanese Action-RPG, but that's not a JRPG. It's not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or something. JRPG means a specific genre, just like CRPG.
Oh you mean the games that took all of their gameplay from a Western RPG named Wizardry.

Don't think I've seen anyone bring it up before, but the Kirkland frozen cheese pizza at Costco is fairly solid. 4-Pack for $10. Sprinkle a little basil on top and you're good to go.
They are pretty good. I don't think about them too often because Costco is a pain to go to for me.

Yes.

I mean, I know this is pedantic, but I only bring it up because this was originally framed as "If you like JRPGs, go with Nier" and that's extremely inaccurate.
It has similar tropes and styles to JRPGs as opposed to the other option which was Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Oh you mean the games that took all of their gameplay from a Western RPG named Wizardry.
Yeah, and because they remained stagnant and western RPGs gained more complexity (as with the aforementioned CRPGs) they got a useful genre designation so you don't get tricked into playing one of those boring grindfests.

edit: "tropes and styles" does not affect what genre a game is.

idk I think MUA is way more of an RPG than Nier is, actually.

Other than leveling up and some of the chip customization, Nier is just an action-adventure with heavy narrative focus

I'll say this, good restaurant pizza is always preferred, but some days I don't want to wait for delivery or head out of the house. Plus, some frozen pizzas are their own sort of type of food.
i typically have a frozen pizza in the freezer in case i feel like having pizza but don't want to wait for delivery/don't feel like spending 20 bucks

Yeah, and because they remained stagnant and western RPGs gained more complexity (as with the aforementioned CRPGs) they got a useful genre designation so you don't get tricked into playing one of those boring grindfests.
You mean Western RPGs like The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, The Gothic Series, Fallout, and Diablo? All games which have slowly been throwing all complexity out the window in favor of streamlining to cater to the lowest common denominator in their latest installments/successors.

bread's done
Back