Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
2013 is the year everything started to go wrong. Valve is to blame. (number of owned games).

zziofoE.png

That's a lot of Audiosurf

I do like the mental picture of you playing nothing but World of Goo for six months.
Haha, I remember registering to play CSS and other Valve titles with my buddies. But I had a girlfriend who was into MMOs and MOBAs, so I spent more time on there. Still have active HotS and LoL accounts from back then (I don't like MOBAs).

Those 10 packs and 12 packs were the first group buys I hosted. Did one for Freedom Force, which I think was around 25 cents per copy. Steam used to have good sales...

Last edited by a moderator:
Those 10 packs and 12 packs were the first group buys I hosted. Did one for Freedom Force, which I think was around 25 cents per copy. Steam used to have good sales...
Same here. Hosted ones for the original Deus Ex, Just Cause 2, NyxQuest, and Puzzle Quest 2.

It's interesting to take a look back on my earliest Steam purchases. My first games were activated in 2005, then I went almost three years without even using Steam before buying GTA: VC in April 2008. 2005 to 2007 must have been pretty damn barren on the storefront.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/999787845127634944

RIP

EDIT: In case the image doesn't come up it appears John Bain (TotalBiscuit) just passed away today.

I hate to see someone's life get cut so short. Outwardly, he seemed to handle the situation about as well as you could hope. That would be tough.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/999787845127634944

RIP

EDIT: In case the image doesn't come up it appears John Bain (TotalBiscuit) just passed away today.
RIP TB.

Total Biscuit was one of the few gaming channels on Youtube that I actually liked and actually checked out on a regular basis. I always liked how he looked at games (popular and relatively unknown); showed-off PC versions and their actual graphics menus & and other things of that sort; and gave excellent & interesting commentary on whatever he was taking on. He was just very informative and awesome at it.

It's really sad that this happened to him. All so sudden and so soon. And gone ever so young.

Condolences to his family & friends.

#RIPTB.

Am i restricted to what steam tells me to play?

I tried playing a game in my backlog but didn't get the prize. do i NEED to play what they put in the recommended?

Is there any reason anyone should care about getting these Spring Cleaning badges on Steam? Would it help someone in an interview for an investigation?

Asking for a friend.

January 1, 2012: Fallout Collection

I kinda wish they didn't do this. It made me look back and see that I've spent about $1200 on Steam in that time period. And probably that much again on bundle sites, Amazon (Before Tony left), and other stores. 

Is there any reason anyone should care about getting these Spring Cleaning badges on Steam? Would it help someone in an interview for an investigation?

Asking for a friend.
I'm assuming the only game in your library is Defcon so getting all the badges should be easy.

Also, RIP TotalBiscuit. Wasn't a fan, but it's always sad to see someone die so young. Also, my crotchety old man stance on videos of people playing video games has softened in recent years.

January 1, 2012: Fallout Collection

I kinda wish they didn't do this. It made me look back and see that I've spent about $1200 on Steam in that time period. And probably that much again on bundle sites, Amazon (Before Tony left), and other stores.
Is there a place to see how much you've spent total? It used to show it for me and not anymore. I'd hate to see my total. Especially once you factor Gamersgate, GMG, and all the fakeying I do. But I have like 500 hours in PUBG so even if I spent $2500 over the years that's still $5 per hour of entertainment, which is as good as a movie.

RIP TotalBiscuit. One of my favorite critics and I remembered looking forward to his game commentaries back when Steam used to have daily deals and such for the sales each day.

My first purchase for Steam is below:

December 24th, 2009

AaaaaAAaaaAAA!!! + The Wonderful End of the World 
Osmos
Time Gentlemen, Please!

Honestly didn't really like Osmos or the combo pack much. I barely played Time Gentlemen, Please!

Oh, first game was L4D in 2009. I'm sure that box thingy you get for participating in the promo will be something awesome like an additional 5% off the amazing 30% discounts coming in the Summer Sale!

Oh, first game was L4D in 2009. I'm sure that box thingy you get for participating in the promo will be something awesome like an additional 5% off the amazing 30% discounts coming in the Summer Sale!
The box will be used for gem sack storage.

I don't really watch Let's Plays very much, but when I did want to look at actual gameplay, I did usually pick his videos. So while I'm not a fan fan, still hit me quite a bit.

What's the incentive for upgrading GPUs now? I mean e-peen is always a thing, but are y'all all rocking 4K nowadays? It seems that the latest cards all max out 1440p and I dont see what is the 'next big game' that promises to push pixels (let alone the fact that we rarely fakeybro AAA games anyway). 

What are you going to play to push the new hardware?

What's the incentive for upgrading GPUs now? I mean e-peen is always a thing, but are y'all all rocking 4K nowadays? It seems that the latest cards all max out 1440p and I dont see what is the 'next big game' that promises to push pixels (let alone the fact that we rarely fakeybro AAA games anyway).

What are you going to play to push the new hardware?
Pretty much my sentiments. I don't think I'll be going 4k/1440p anytime soon which is why I'll probably settle for an 1160.

For most people, I don't think there's much incentive to push 1440p/4K. Namely, prices are high. Not everybody's going to invest in more expensive CPU's, GPU's, or whatever.

Sure, I have a 4K monitor - but I bought that b/c at that time b/c I really wanted a 1440p monitor at that time. Saw a Samsung 4K for similar prices on sale - just decided to go with that instead. Just gotta pump up AA to the moon, to stop any sort of blur or anything at 1440p. Two birds, one stone here, as I can run 1440p on everything pretty much - and I'm all set here for the inevitable 4K future.

Oh, BTW - that SC15 laptop from EVGA came back in on sale the other day at $1000 and I jumped on it. Good thing I did, b/c now it's back at $1900. Can't wait for this to, more or less, replace my current gaming laptop: Acer Nitro V15 Nitro (VN7-591G-79YZ).

EDIT:

why dont you do what mysterd does and use a low end video card to run at 4k so you can have more desktop space
970 is not low-end. It's one of the higher ends of the 9xx series.

What's above it (in that series)? Maybe the 970 Ti, 980, 980 Ti, and Pascal's Maxwell's Titan?

Aging might be a better word choice for it, as the 10xx series is out and that the 11xx series is right around the corner.

I run most stuff here at 1440p at Medium-to-High at 30fps to 60fps (depends per game - I often find somewhere I'm fine with in-between to lock it down via NVidia Inspector or MSI AB), which was my intent anyways. If I can run 4K with some games (such as older titles at that resolution and WWE 2K series & MK series) - cool, but it really just ain't expected here for me to do 4K on everything just yet.

4K everything seems to be in the 1080 Ti range.

970 is not low-end. It's one of the higher ends of the 9xx series.

What's above it? Maybe the 970 Ti, 980, 980 Ti, and Pascal's Titan?
Yesterday's higher end is today's low-mid tier. The 970 is comparable to the 1060 3GB. Which is definitely mid-tier and more in the shallower side of the mid-tier pool. I'd say the low end is the 1050 neighborhood and, while there's plenty of cards to be had worse than that, they're barely worth mentioning from a modern gaming perspective.

Unless you're one of the weirdos on Craigslist selling "Screaming Gaming Computer with GTX 285 - Plays League of Legends on Medium Settings GREAT"

You guys following this GDPR stuff? Super MNC, Mirage, and Loadout all being taken offline because of it.

All games no one plays, but I don't see this benefiting video games industry if it hurts indies and/or old games.

You guys following this GDPR stuff? Super MNC, Mirage, and Loadout all being taken offline because of it.

All games no one plays, but I don't see this benefiting video games industry if it hurts indies and/or old games.
I expect it's more an excuse to sunset old and abandoned games. "Don't blame us for shutting down this game that gets 15 players a month; the government made us do it."

I mean, I'm sure it legitimately breaks the rules but the devs see it cheaper/easier/better to shut it down than to fix it.

I expect it's more an excuse to sunset old and abandoned games. "Don't blame us for shutting down this game that gets 15 players a month; the government made us do it."

I mean, I'm sure it legitimately breaks the rules but the devs see it cheaper/easier/better to shut it down than to fix it.
According to an article I'm reading, they're not breaking any rules. But because the laws are too vague, they're worried about getting fined on a game no one plays.

bread's done
Back