Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have nearly enough hard drive space to store every game I buy, so even sans DRM, I rely on Steam being up-and-running to have access to my games. Steam has removed games from its store before, and if you didn't have them downloaded at the time, you've lost them.
They have? Besides games that were online-only and the online servers died? Otherwise I have quite a few games in my library that have been removed from the store but I can still download.

They have? Besides games that were online-only and the online servers died? Otherwise I have quite a few games in my library that have been removed from the store but I can still download.
Last Christmas when there was some reward for playing the oldest game in your library, I was still able to download the files for City of Heroes which has been defunct since 2012

Same here.

One example: still got my copy of Sword Coast Legends able to re-download if need be, which got pulled a spell ago.

Another example: Marvel UA1+2 are also here in my Steam library too, all which got pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only time something will be pulled from your library from Steam is when it came from a shady/gray-market key.  You are still able to download games you purchased a long time ago but have been pulled from the store for purchase by others.

Last Christmas when there was some reward for playing the oldest game in your library, I was still able to download the files for City of Heroes which has been defunct since 2012
OK. So not even all online-only games. There was one back in 2013 that Steam removed from libraries when the multiplayer servers of a multiplayer game went dead.

On the other hand when something is removed from the Play Store, you've lost it if you didn't have it downloaded. Just bought it last week and need to reinstall? Too bad.

correct.  also expect Humble to not have a weekly until Winter sale is over and Humble will run a Winter sale at the same time (roughly)

It looks like the developer of Urban War Defense has finally replaced the keys he revoked for Groupees and Indie Gala bundle buyers.

I bought mine in a Groupees bundle and it was in my library today. I feel dirty admitting I bought a Groupees bundle. :cry:

I guess I was referring to the traditional weekly that happens on Tuesday.

steam winter sale Dec 20 - Jan 3 reportedly.  possible humble weekly on this coming Tuesday Dec 18th.  

however, seriously doubt that Humble would run a weekly on Dec. 25 or Jan 1 and again, as they generally run a sale to compete with Steam.  

I would love to be wrong and that they pull some amazing bundle, but I just am too cynical to believe it.

I guess I was referring to the traditional weekly that happens on Tuesday.

steam winter sale Dec 20 - Jan 3 reportedly. possible humble weekly on this coming Tuesday Dec 18th.

however, seriously doubt that Humble would run a weekly on Dec. 25 or Jan 1 and again, as they generally run a sale to compete with Steam.

I would love to be wrong and that they pull some amazing bundle, but I just am too cynical to believe it.
Well, look, nobody started throwing around words like "amazing" until you did just now. I said "bundle."

Humble's clearly going the quantity over quality route at this point. The latest Jumbos have been something akin to a Groupees Be Mine of late, just to give one example. The vast majority of the game bundles that Humble puts out now are repeats, and I do lay some of the blame for this at the feet of IGN. While Humble had a mix of great, good, and kinda crap bundles before they took over, they're just churning out stuff as fast as they can, on IG and Groupees levels now, so as a result, while they used to be viewed as the site that had rare but generally good bundles, they're now the site where they have a variety of bundles, of which only the occasional game bundle is worthwhile (and often that's the monthly, which typically has higher-quality titles, even if a fair number are now repeats too). [Don't misunderstand me--I'm not saying that only game bundles are worthwhile. I like the odd software bundle and book bundle, but most of those are not that good either.]

Well, look, nobody started throwing around words like "amazing" until you did just now. I said "bundle."

Humble's clearly going the quantity over quality route at this point. The latest Jumbos have been something akin to a Groupees Be Mine of late, just to give one example. The vast majority of the game bundles that Humble puts out now are repeats, and I do lay some of the blame for this at the feet of IGN. While Humble had a mix of great, good, and kinda crap bundles before they took over, they're just churning out stuff as fast as they can, on IG and Groupees levels now, so as a result, while they used to be viewed as the site that had rare but generally good bundles, they're now the site where they have a variety of bundles, of which only the occasional game bundle is worthwhile (and often that's the monthly, which typically has higher-quality titles, even if a fair number are now repeats too). [Don't misunderstand me--I'm not saying that only game bundles are worthwhile. I like the odd software bundle and book bundle, but most of those are not that good either.]
Not wanting to be a Humble shill, but they have not quite descended to Poopees level bundle quality just yet. I'm still interested in many of Humble's offerings. The same can rarely be said of Poopees.

Yeah, you think the guys at Groupees could get a bunch of gay dinosaur sex books together in one place?  Huh?  Do ya?  Show a little respect.

Humble's clearly going the quantity over quality route at this point. The latest Jumbos have been something akin to a Groupees Be Mine of late, just to give one example.
No. Just no.

The latest Jumbo bundles have been weak when compared to previous ones, but they're still much better than the recent Be Mine bundles, even after accounting for the actually good music in the latter.

You might be able to make an argument that recent Jumbo bundles are about the quality of the earliest Be Mine bundles. Maybe.

Yeah, you think the guys at Groupees could get a bunch of gay dinosaur sex books together in one place? Huh? Do ya? Show a little respect.
Why not? They had bears in the Community 5 bundle.

zVtK5dV.png

I buy from both places because I have moderate depression and an unhealthy habit of collecting things.
Hi, Blade.

Humble store has a 2k sale which lasts for 14 more days. Presumably this is running the course of the winter sale. Asscreed sale ends in 4 days which would put us exactly at the same time as the Steam winter sale. 

. . . . - - - - - - - - - - - + - -
. . . . | . . ) . . . . . . . . . |
. # # # + . . . . . . @ . . . . . |
. # . . | . . . . . . . . . j . . |
. # . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . |
. # . . - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
. #
. #
. #
# #
You better go pick up that bow and shoot that jelly before it slimes you.

I know this doesn't have anything to do w/ pizza or ongoing demise of gaming franchises we hold dear, but I wanted to point out that if you guys like roguelikes, Book of Demons is just awesome, Diablo-lite, snack-sized chunk of gaming you should put on your wishlist. I was able to get it for $ObligatorySmallSumCAGBrag and have been very happy w/ my N coffees worth of dungeoneering so far.

Anyway, carry on

Twitch Prime members can apparently send a copy of the current free games as a gift to non-Prime friends on Twitch. Currently that includes Poi, Hacknet: Complete Edition, Smoke & Sacrifice, and an SNK Bundle (Baseball Stars 2, Fatal Fury Special, Metal Slug 2, Pulstar, Samurai Showdown II).

Twitch launcher required, though.

It’s the season for giving! Now through December 31st 2018, Twitch Prime members can claim a Game with Prime for themselves at no additional cost and gift a copy of the same game to a friend - even if they don’t have Twitch Prime!

Twitch Prime members can find Games with Prime on the Prime Loot page. If the game is eligible for gifting, a “Send as a Gift” button will appear next to the “Claim” button. To send the game as a gift, select the “Send as Gift” button and send the gift to your friend’s Twitch account.

Your recipient will be notified of the gifted game via both an email and a push notification and they can claim it from the Prime Loot page. Your chosen recipient doesn’t have to link an Amazon account with Twitch in order to claim the gift.

Just make sure your friend claims their Games with Prime before the game’s offer expires, otherwise they’ll lose access to their gift.

FAQ

1. Are all games giftable?
From December 13, 2018 through December 31, 2018, every Game with Prime game is eligible for gifting (at no additional cost). Moving forward, gifting-eligible content will be indicated by having a “Send as a Gift” option.

2. Can I gift a game to multiple friends?
For December, each Game with Prime game comes with one copy to gift to a single recipient per game. However, stay tuned for future gifting-eligible content you can gift to multiple friends!

3. What is required for me and for my friend to gift a game?
Gift givers need to be Prime members and have their Twitch ID linked to their Amazon account. Recipients are only required to have a Twitch ID.

If you want one of these, happy to help.

Well Warreni, Humble released a weekly today.  Amazing if you are a Sonic fan, not so much if you are not into Sonic or platformers.  However, it does contain one of the best RPGs of all time. haha

I am seeing Far Cry 5 gold on Ubi and GMG for $36.  

Hmm. Prey 2017 (physical copy) for ~$5.50. Good deal or not?

Seems OK considering current/historical pricing. But it's a Bethesda game without DLC, albeit just one piece and without much of a discount for buying the "deluxe edition" vs base game + DLC.

Seems OK considering current/historical pricing. But it's a Bethesda game without DLC, albeit just one piece and without much of a discount for buying the "deluxe edition" vs base game + DLC.
From what I've read the DLC to Prey adds a new game mode (which is arguably better than the base campaign) so, imo, I'd just wait for a good deal on a package bundle.

Well Warreni, Humble released a weekly today. Amazing if you are a Sonic fan, not so much if you are not into Sonic or platformers. However, it does contain one of the best RPGs of all time. haha

I am seeing Far Cry 5 gold on Ubi and GMG for $36.
On the UbiStore - Does the 20% off Ubi discount promo for 100 points work on FC5 Gold?

On the GMG Page, looks like they only have extra 12% off...

The base game is great, and 5.50 for it is a steal. If you don't like roguelikes you can safely buy it because the one dlc piece from prey is a roguelike, which is apparently great fwiw. The other dlc is apparently not good. That said, if you do like roguelikes, then Mooncrash (the roguelike dlc) is often 10 bucks on sale so you can get the whole thing for 15.50. Prey is half off on steam right now and the complete edition is 20 bucks. If you plan to play it soon i'd recommend pulling the trigger on the 5.50 and you can buy mooncrash on its own later if you like the game.

I picked up Battlefield V a few days ago and have spent a healthy amount of time playing it. I like it quite a bit so far. The character and gun upgrades seem at least a little more interesting than before. The teamshooting and squad-oriented gameplay is a mixed bag; I like it for the most part, but it is annoying when everyone else has squad spawn points and you don't. They took away the overpowered medic self-loading rifles and gave them SMG's instead lol. Overall I'd say the game is pretty good so far but it's crazy how many toxic players play these games. Every other match there's someone calling people N******s, being incredibly mean-spirited to other players, or else getting frustrated while telling 32 other players what to do.

he should try to sue THQ for the Carlton dance in Saints Row
I hadn't realized that people owned dance moves now.

The teamshooting and squad-oriented gameplay is a mixed bag; I like it for the most part, but it is annoying when everyone else has squad spawn points and you don't.
Is this not how its always been (at least since 3)? If you aren't in a squad you can't spawn on a squad and only on base/caps? This was always the incentive to be in a squad

Is this not how its always been (at least since 3)? If you aren't in a squad you can't spawn on a squad and only on base/caps? This was always the incentive to be in a squad
Yeah I think I was confused for a moment. The frustrating part was needing to be a squad lead and accumulate 41.5k squad points in order to launch a missile attack for the culmination of the weekly quest. So you have to start your own squad, hope for the best, and then it would still bug out and not complete. A lot of stuff is still buggy in this game.

he should try to sue THQ for the Carlton dance in Saints Row
People would have bought Saints Row even without that dance being in it so he really has no chance of winning that... A paid microtransactions that's just his dance? He might be on to something. Dance moves till this point haven't been copyrighted or trademarked so I can actually see either side winning the case. Should be an intriguing case.

I hadn't realized that people owned dance moves now.
It's true. I have a patented rhythmless dance technique that never fails to get the ladies fleeing in the other direction as fast as possible.

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure David Attenborough now owns this particular set of sweet moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbLpZn4B7b0

. . . and you should see that cat on the dance floor!

Seems to me that if a dance is worth swiping and monetizing in your game, it's worth suing over.  Don't really care who wins but I don't think that the guy is acting crazy for it.  I won't bother playing Wikipedia Lawyer to guess at who'll win.

bread's done
Back