Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
A decent deal in the steam sale is GTA V is 15 dollars, I'm not sure if it's been cheaper than that before or not but it's the cheapest i've personally seen it

A decent deal in the steam sale is GTA V is 15 dollars, I'm not sure if it's been cheaper than that before or not but it's the cheapest i've personally seen it
They were selling it on Humble for that price for the last week or so -- not sure if it came with a Steam key.

So is there any way to still get games in "purchase as a gift" packs added to your account for the discount price? Can you gift them to an alt and then trade back games to your main?

Is it weird that I always told myself that I would pull the trigger on GTA V at $15 but now I am hesitating thinking it will get cheaper in due time,

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it weird that I always told myself that I would pull the trigger on GTA V at $15 but now I am hesitating thinking it will get cheaper in due time,
yes, get help, you obviously have huge issues to be experiencing such an insubstantial shift in mindset

Yes. While you could get RSSC version cheaper by a few bucks as it has been cheaper, I don't think you'll see Steam version get much cheaper than this.

If you're one of those that just has to put most of their (important) eggs in the Steam basket and been waiting to do so - this would be the time to jump, to have this on Steam and all.

GTA series is great overall. VC is my personal favorite of the series (personally, I love VC's setting, atmosphere, storytelling, voice-acting, licensed music selection, and whatnot - thinking it was a major improvement over GTA3 in actual performance and especially production values/artistic values).

In particular, GTA5 is great - and probably the best actual game in the series.

With GTA5 - there's just so much to do; the game just flat-out runs & looks great (and is scale-able as can be for a lot of systems); and the 3 character switching really can keep the game fresh given the huge map size just by a character switch to keep you from getting stuck/bored in an area until you get away from it (unlike GTA:SA).

I already own GTA5 RSSC version, so I'm not re-buying.

Bundle fodder for sure.  I haven't even looked twice at this sale.  Glanced at my wish list to see if there were any 'can't miss' discounts and saw the same old tepid deals.  Seems like forever ago since I actually anticipated the major Steam sales.  And I guess it's been at least five or so years since the last good one.

GTA V was trash.  Probably my biggest let down in easily the last year or two versus the hype.  Dumb story, dumb characters, manages to make crime basically not fun.  "Hey, you did a crime thing -- haha, nope! No loots for you!"  Rinse and repeat that about seven more times.  Big open world which is great if you want to do yoga or ride a roller-coaster or play golf -- less great if you wanted to do something criminally fun besides rob one of ten allowable gas stations.  I guess if you just want to dick around with driving in circles while the police chase you, it's great.  Saints Row the Third did a better job of having an open world crime game where you could actually progress some by screwing around and it was more fun.

That's not to say anything about the Online portion which I had no interest in touching.

Chakra Attack was amusing though.  I could just drive around the city listening to that.

GTA games typically aren't my cup of tea. I'm waiting til GTA V is under 10 bucks to pick it up, so I can probably provide an opinion on it in like 2025 or so

I've just taken a look at my wishlist and wow... talk about depressing. Lots of games which aren't on special or are much worse discounts than last sale (or other sales during the year.)

yes, get help, you obviously have huge issues to be experiencing such an insubstantial shift in mindset
Thank you I will try to get help to overcome these issues in my life lol

Yes. While you could get RSSC version cheaper by a few bucks as it has been cheaper, I don't think you'll see Steam version get much cheaper than this.

If you're one of those that just has to put most of their (important) eggs in the Steam basket and been waiting to do so - this would be the time to jump, to have this on Steam and all.

GTA series is great overall. VC is my personal favorite of the series (personally, I love VC's setting, atmosphere, storytelling, voice-acting, and whatnot - thinking it was a major improvement over GTA3 in actual performance and especially production values/artistic values).

In particular, GTA5 is great - and probably the best actual game in the series.

I already own GTA5 RSSC version, so I'm not re-buying.
Yes Vice City was awesome the music in that game no other entry has beat it

KoF was just on sale for $15

Week or 2 later for this sale its $30

Hilarious
Yeah, that is why I use something like steamdb to check on a game's price history, and there have been quite a few times something has been much cheaper when NOT during the main holiday/summer sales.

With all the hype these Steam sales have had for years, can't say I am too surprised that the developers figured that most people will buy at such sales prices.

Funny enough, two games I was thinking of on Steam were much cheaper on PSN, "Adventures of Pip" at $5.24 (vs $7.49 right now on Steam) and "Nefarious" at $5.09 (vs what WAS $11.24 a few days BEFORE the big sale).

GTA V was $14.99 on Amazon a few days ago, and if you had Twitch Prime (which is free with Amazon Prime) then you got $15 in Amazon credit for buying it. So it was kind of free for PS4 and XB1, not sure if the PC version was included.

y u no

GTA V was trash. Probably my biggest let down in easily the last year or two versus the hype. Dumb story, dumb characters, manages to make crime basically not fun. "Hey, you did a crime thing -- haha, nope! No loots for you!" Rinse and repeat that about seven more times. Big open world which is great if you want to do yoga or ride a roller-coaster or play golf -- less great if you wanted to do something criminally fun besides rob one of ten allowable gas stations. I guess if you just want to dick around with driving in circles while the police chase you, it's great. Saints Row the Third did a better job of having an open world crime game where you could actually progress some by screwing around and it was more fun.

That's not to say anything about the Online portion which I had no interest in touching.

Chakra Attack was amusing though. I could just drive around the city listening to that.
Saints Row the Third was a really really fun game! Saving Shaundi to “I need a hero” reminded me of Harry Crumb :D

“It’s time to save some cash and kick some ass!”

Pretty sure nothing on my wish list is at a new all-time low and a lot of things are a lot higher than they were in the fall sale.  There are a few things I am going to get, mostly dlc, and a few games are actually matching their all-time lows and I might pick up a few of those but most of what I am thinking about getting is either stuff I might buy on Nuuvem/Fanatical or somewhere else or is a game that has a crappy discount but has consistently had one for as long as I have been watching it so I have no reason to expect better.  Then again, those games will probably be the same in the spring sale so I might wait on all of them too.

I have been deleting a few things off my wishlist that peaked in like 2014 and haven't even come within half of that discount again since, the old sales spoiled us but I just can not justify getting something 50% off that was 90% off repeatedly in the past.  I can live without them.

I'm waiting til GTA V is under 10 bucks to pick it up, so I can probably provide an opinion on it in like 2025 or so
MysterD, is that you?

Hell, even I bought GTA5 when it hit $20 in that D2D sale w/ extra 50% off.

Even I of all people couldn't pass it up, when it was $40-60 on sale, quite a few years ago.

MysterD, is that you?

Hell, even I bought GTA5 when it hit $20 in that D2D sale w/ extra 20% off.

Even I of all people couldn't pass it up, when it was $40-60 on sale, quite a few years ago.
i would probably buy it now but like i said, gta has never really been my thing. i'll buy it when it's super cheap to take a flyer on it but i'm not spending more than 10 bucks on a game entry in a series i've never enjoyed that much

So this is what non-curation looks like. What the actual f*ck?! You have to at least give the bible game credit for having cheevos for both Jesus and Black Jesus.

You'll still have a social life. It just won't be with real people.
So. . . a CAG, then?

No, the ME3 dlc is mainly about fanservice - which admittedly is pretty gratifying once you've been invested in the characters for the series.

Anyway, I also love the games (ME1/3 = 9/10, ME2 = 10/10). ME3's ending was bad. Slightly less bad with the extended patch.

Andromeda wasn't great, it was good only insofar as it adhered to the forumla of previous games. Had some serious shortcomings. 7/10, probably less now that everything's cancelled and the plot gaps will never be filled in.

I'm the guy who owns and still wears my N7 hoodie. Need another real game.
I'm in the minority here (and elsewhere), but I liked ME3. I don't remember whether I played with the original ending or not (I think not), but I thought it was a perfectly fine way to close out the Shepard trilogy. Andromeda was a throwback to the early parts of the series to me (lots of pointless faffing about on planets in wonky, hard-to-control vehicles), but it was still a decent game, if not a great one.

They were selling it on Humble for that price for the last week or so -- not sure if it came with a Steam key.
I see GTA5 over here on Humble - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grand-theft-auto-v?hmb_source=search_bar
That's a Rockstar Social Club key.

I haven't see GTA5 Steam version sold on anywhere else except Steam itself.
Moobs, if MysterD's told us this once, he's told us this a thousand times. Come on, man.

MysterD, is that you?
Uh oh. He's referring to himself in the third person again; he might need a cold reset.

I'm in the minority here (and elsewhere), but I liked ME3. I don't remember whether I played with the original ending or not (I think not), but I thought it was a perfectly fine way to close out the Shepard trilogy.
So far, I'm enjoying the actual *playing* of ME3 the most. I'm far from the ending, though I'm somewhat aware of what people had a problem with from it.

Uh oh. He's referring to himself in the third person again; he might need a cold reset.
J472YwnK40.png

did you goof and mean to post that on an alt?
Nope.

I seriously bought it when it was on sale $40 on D2D and stacked a 50% off V-Day 2016 coupon to get it for $20.

That was for the RSSC version.

Don't regret it one bit.

I have been known to drop $20-30 on games, from time-to-time - often on RPG's and/or Gold/Complete/Ultimate Editions of games w/ expansions/DLC's/etc.

I'm actually on the verge of actually dropping $20 or so for Watch Dogs 2: Gold sometime soon.

I'm actually on the verge of actually dropping $20 or so for Watch Dogs 2: Gold sometime soon.
Consolebros got Watch Dogs 2 over a year and half ago for $20 at public retail, with a physical, sharable, saleable version of the game. It's a good example of why I will always be pro-console and pro-physical publishing. The deals are simply better when you want to buy a particular AAA game. Whereas it's like ripping off fingernails to try to get me to buy something recent on a Steam sale for $30-40+, if it even gets that low.

I bought BF5 (on PC) for $30 last week. It was cool that Destiny 2 Forsaken was $25 on all platforms too. I picked up RDR2 (PS4) for $35 a few weeks ago and haven't even played it yet. Dragon Quest 11 was $35 on Black Friday for PS4. God of War, probably the best game I played this year, was $17. Then CoD was $24 on all platforms this week with GCU at Best Buy. So game sales have been fantastic on most of the recent notable games, just not at the Steam store.

Consolebros got Watch Dogs 2 over a year and half ago for $20 at public retail, with a physical, sharable, saleable version of the game. It's a good example of why I will always be pro-console and pro-physical publishing. The deals are simply better when you want to buy a particular AAA game. Whereas it's like ripping off fingernails to try to get me to buy something recent on a Steam sale for $30-40+, if it even gets that low.
Wait. Console-bros WD2: Gold Edition with ALL of the DLC's though for $20...?

Both UPlay and GMG have WD2: Gold (with Season Pass) for $20 before any coupons.

20% off coupon on UP and 12% off on GMG might work on this (15% off for VIP's).

There's also the matter of buying GMG GC to get extra mystery fodder +1 game-count games too.

GTA V is worth it for Trevor alone.  He's fantastic.  Steven Ogg really jumped into that role and made the dude a complete psychopath.  Franklin and Michael aren't that bad as the other two characters you play as, though.

There's tons to do in single player. (and tons and tons more in online)  You'll find some real jerks online who'll do whatever they can to mess with you. (either with hax or some overpowered super vehicle)  Those people aren't that hard to avoid though and there's tons of other people around too.  (you can run around in passive mode and avoid combat if you want)

For those of us who don't have infinite galactic, super ultra download speed, extra crispy, it's a bit of a hefty download.  It's no 90 or 100 gigs like that Shadow of War monstrosity though. 

I've spent like 880 hours in that game grinding the cash for whatever the next outfit, car, flying  vehicle, business, night club or goofy thing I had my eye on at the time.  I'd say I got my money's worth.  (like 25 bucks when I bought it)

For those of us who don't have infinite galactic, super ultra download speed, extra crispy, it's a bit of a hefty download. It's no 90 or 100 gigs like that Shadow of War monstrosity though.
Close. GTA5 for me is eating up 79.9GB.

Still, nobody got anything really on Gears of War 4 W10 Edition eating up over 129GB.

I bought BF5 (on PC) for $30 last week. It was cool that Destiny 2 Forsaken was $25 on all platforms too. I picked up RDR2 (PS4) for $35 a few weeks ago and haven't even played it yet. Dragon Quest 11 was $35 on Black Friday for PS4. God of War, probably the best game I played this year, was $17. Then CoD was $24 on all platforms this week with GCU at Best Buy. So game sales have been fantastic on most of the recent notable games, just not at the Steam store.
You are doing Steam wrong

1. Set up Russian Alt called PutinLuvr69.
2. Take the crappy games from Humble Monthly and sell them on Kinguin.
3. Take the Kinguin credit you have and buy a global Steam wallet card.
4. Apply global steam wallet code to PutinLuvr69 account.
5. Wait for steam sale, buy Far Cry 5 on PutinCreditGabenBux for $11 US
6. Share it or not with your US account.
7. Play it and profit?

7. Play it and profit?
MysterDonaldTrump, is that you?

7. Play it and profit?
This is absurd Gamestop trade-in logic!

Do it. I can't speak for the PC version but I got it for PS4 at Gamestop for $30-ish (even though it was "new" opened and I later found an actual new copy at Meijer for $20). I've been playing it for like a month now and I enjoy it.

One of my co-workers is currently eating a Wendy's frosty with french fries. Immediately thought of you fucking weirdos and pineapple pizza. Hope yall have a merry Christmas and that kind of stuff
https://twitter.com/wendys/status/495263729144311808?lang=en

Do it. I can't speak for the PC version but I got it for PS4 at Gamestop for $30-ish (even though it was "new" opened and I later found an actual new copy at Meijer for $20). I've been playing it for like a month now and I enjoy it.
Did that console-PS4 version include the Season Pass?

Or did you have to buy it separate?

Fanatical has a make your own bundle deal, any one game for a dollar, 3 for 2.49 and 5 for 3.49. There are some decent games in here, but if you don't have it one in particular i would recommend and say is easily worth a dollar is Sexy Brutale, it's a really good adventure type puzzle game.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/staff-picks-2018?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=Push&utm_campaign=Bundle+StaffPicks+211218
This just serves as a reminder that you should never fall for buying a $1 game on Fanatical. They'll just bundle it cheaper multiple times in the following months.

Dex is great.
That's what your mom said last night.

This is the right thread for mother-based insults, correct?

This just serves as a reminder that you should never fall for buying a $1 game on Fanatical. They'll just bundle it cheaper multiple times in the following months.
Non sequitur.

Literally.

The "bundle" on offer allows you to buy one of the included games for $1. So are you arguing that buying this bundle with one game is never a good idea?

Yes, I'm just being an asshole. Happy Christmas, everyone!

bread's done
Back