Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this new version has a 3rd GF option as well.

Catherine is sweet. I played through the whole thing back on PS3. It was one of my favorite games of 2011. If you like seinan (for adult males) JRPGs and stories then you will probably like it. The gameplay is very uneven. It's half story, conversations, and choices and half puzzle block tower climbing. All veiled behind a nightmarish impending doom backdrop and a swanky pizza bar setting with lounge/jazz/Persona music. It's a story about a young man who begins cheating on his fiancee with a mysterious blonde stranger and he has to decide whether to commit to his gf or continue in sin.

Atlus is one of my favorite publishers. They're Japanese games done right. With little to no compromise, no care for industry-leading sales figures. They have the best translators and localization in the business too. You better not ruin this acquisition, Sega!

I have a dream. Where the entire Atlus catalogue of Persona, Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei will be available to all PC gamers on Steam.
giphy.gif

Man, Etrian Odyssey is the only reason I keep my 3DS.

My Haul:

Vermintide DLC Thanks to WarrenI.

I almost bit on Jurassic Park.. but then decided it'd just be consigned to the not-played-for-a-year trough.

Steam Holiday Sale - Haul for Winter Sale 2018:

GreenManGaming - Purchases (for UPlay).

Watch Dogs 1: Season Pass

Watch Dogs 2: Gold Edition.

EA Origin - Purchases:
Dragon Age 2 DLC Collection.
Mass Effect 2 DLC Collection.
Mass Effect 3 DLC Collection.

Steam - Gifts

Jurassic World: Evolution

Humble Bundle - Gifts (for Steam)

Crystal Catacombs

Good Robot

Kona

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1

Seven: The Days Long Gone

Zombie Army Trilogy

Humble Bundle - Giveaways (for Steam)

Lego: Lord of the Rings

Lego: The Hobbit

GOG Store - Giveaways

Full Throttle Remastered

SOMA

GOG Connect - Giveaways

Hard West
Order of Battle: World War II

Epic Games Store/Launcher - Giveaways

Subnautica

Super Meat Boy

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Jet Set Radio Future is released on PC and current console systems at some point. Still nice to see Sega porting more of their games on PC. I wonder what the hold up is on the Yakuza Kiwami PC release date? 

Holiday Sales Haul:

The Room 1 + 2

Turok

Grow up

not exactly an exciting sale, but this is actually more than i bought in the summer sale, when i only bought recettera and vanquish

hopefully humble monthly has some cool reveals tomorrow

For this holiday I got:

Bought
Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition
Completed my Klei Survival Bundle
Book of Demons

Gifts received
ULTIMATE HARDBASS DEFENCE
Bean Battles
Bayonetta
Rain World
Dead Island Definitive Edition

Devolver key scavenging
RUINER Official Soundtrack
Sub Rosa for Beta Testing
Absolver: Deluxe Edition

Holiday Haul:

STEAM:

Pinball FX3 - Williams Pinball Volume 1

Book of Demons

DX-Ball 2: 20th Anniversary Edition + Season Pass

Into The Breach

Breaking Good

Breath of Warfare

Happy New Bundle

Mini Golf Arena

Steam Winter Sale Best Deal

PowBall Renaissance

Little Hidden City

Blacktea With Moon

Rocket League: Fast & Furious Bundle

Lost Lands: Dark Overlord's Collector's Edition

Carcassonne: The Official Board Game

Kynseed

NukGames Newcomer's Bundle

Ashes of God: Redemption

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection (Nuuvem)

GMG:

Frostpunk

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Xbox1:

Forza Horizon 4 (gift from co-worker)

Fallout 76 tricentennial Edition (admittedly, not a gift)

Guild Wars 2 + both expansions

1 year NordVPN

Oh, yeah, almost forgot, my daughter bought me "Green Hell" for Christmas.

Lost control of my senses this holiday season.  :shock:

It's a shame, but console sales were so much better this year. 

Steam:  Shadow Warrior 2
              Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
              Sundered

Dungetris
              Marble Race
              Graceful Explosion Machine
              We are Doomed 

Fanatical: Metronomicon
                 Tropico 4 Collectors
                 Beholder: Blissful Sleep

PS4:  Spiderman
          Detroit
          God of War 4
          Yakuza 6
          Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
          Fallout 76 

Switch: Starlink
             Smash Bros
             Mario Party
             Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
             Octopath Traveller

I hope that was a "gift" too...
More like a curse, amirite?

(reminds himself he bought his brother this game for his birthday in November) :fridge:

I got an interesting email from Humble a little while ago. It said that because Louisiana is now enforcing use taxes on internet purchases, they will have to charge me state tax on my subscription. Jokes on them (?) because I have an annual sub.

Cool. Soapbox time.

I have a real problem with this concept. Inherent to the notion of charging use taxes for internet purchases is that a tangible good is being delivered to a place in the state from a place outside of the state and that the purchaser has effectively avoided paying sales tax on that purchase that would normally go to the state coffers by making said purchase out-of-state. At least, that's how I understand it from my non-economist point of view. This makes perfect sense when I'm ordering a book or a toaster or some other physical commodity from Amazon (which has charged state taxes for years in the case of Louisiana), but considerably less sense when I'm buying an MP3 from Amazon (for which Amazon also charges tax) or a digital game from Humble. There is no place that I'm going to go in the state to buy this intangible good in the first place, so there's no true loss of sales tax revenue in that sense. What's the rationale here, that I'd buy a CD with that music from a Barnes and Noble or hard copy of that game from GameStop if it weren't for that meddling internet? No, this is basically a backhanded kind of income tax from my perspective. The state's basically charging a penalty not because there is potential lost revenue in any real sense, but strictly because I'm choosing to spend money on anything at all.

It rained on my soapbox so I'm going home.

SeasonalCAG I hope we feel like this forever, Forever, forever ever? Forever ever?:

I know I have made this idle threat before but this is the first time ever since Steam Holiday Sales have started that I didn't buy one game for myself.

Steam

Pizza Hunt! How to hunt pizza (And Not Die Doing It) x11 for TheHangOut brohs

Legendary for Barter.vg trade I couldn't find the key for

Humble

Sniper Elite 4 - Season Pass

Fanatical

Very Positive Bundle

The Sexy Brutale

Dex

Bastion

RiME

WTF

Dolby Atmos for Headphones

I guess for RDR2 can't wait for pc brohs to play this it's as good as I thought it would be upgraded to my Xbox One S and 1080p TV to Xbox One X and 4k TV for it.

The only things I bought from the sale was Trails in the Sky 3rd, which I got from Nuuvem, and a 49 cent picross game, because I'm a picross addict and have to get my fix.  Not a massive haul.  Oh well, at least I know I'll play them, which is more than I can say after most sales.

Or maybe it's because I bought a Switch instead, and that cleaned out my disposable income.

(reminds himself he bought his brother this game for his birthday in November) :fridge:

I got an interesting email from Humble a little while ago. It said that because Louisiana is now enforcing use taxes on internet purchases, they will have to charge me state tax on my subscription. Jokes on them (?) because I have an annual sub.

Cool. Soapbox time.

I have a real problem with this concept. Inherent to the notion of charging use taxes for internet purchases is that a tangible good is being delivered to a place in the state from a place outside of the state and that the purchaser has effectively avoided paying sales tax on that purchase that would normally go to the state coffers by making said purchase out-of-state. At least, that's how I understand it from my non-economist point of view. This makes perfect sense when I'm ordering a book or a toaster or some other physical commodity from Amazon (which has charged state taxes for years in the case of Louisiana), but considerably less sense when I'm buying an MP3 from Amazon (for which Amazon also charges tax) or a digital game from Humble. There is no place that I'm going to go in the state to buy this intangible good in the first place, so there's no true loss of sales tax revenue in that sense. What's the rationale here, that I'd buy a CD with that music from a Barnes and Noble or hard copy of that game from GameStop if it weren't for that meddling internet? No, this is basically a backhanded kind of income tax from my perspective. The state's basically charging a penalty not because there is potential lost revenue in any real sense, but strictly because I'm choosing to spend money on anything at all.

You will be thankful several years from now when Amazon is not the only store in town and you still have other places to shop. That is why the tax thing happened. States don't want everyone shopping online and out of state to make their large purchases. It was unfair business and it roundabout punished local companies that have a presence in your state.

No more loopholes or discrepancies. People have to pay tax everywhere now. Everyone is on an equal playing field. I don't like it either (not being charged tax was cool) but I understand why it had to change.

This makes perfect sense when I'm ordering a book or a toaster or some other physical commodity from Amazon (which has charged state taxes for years in the case of Louisiana), but considerably less sense when I'm buying an MP3 from Amazon (for which Amazon also charges tax) or a digital game from Humble. There is no place that I'm going to go in the state to buy this intangible good in the first place, so there's no true loss of sales tax revenue in that sense. What's the rationale here, that I'd buy a CD with that music from a Barnes and Noble or hard copy of that game from GameStop if it weren't for that meddling internet?
I think the rationale is just as simple as "you bought it and you live in Louisiana so that's how we assign the sales tax," whether it's a digital good or a physical one you're buying a product and as such it's subjected to sales taxes, I don't see the issue in terms of the rationale of the tax

Honestly, I can't be the only one lookin' through peoples "Hauls" and being like "it was cheaper 4 years ago".  Can I?  I don't FEEL like I've become that pessimistic.

I think the rationale is just as simple as "you bought it and you live in Louisiana so that's how we assign the sales tax," whether it's a digital good or a physical one you're buying a product and as such it's subjected to sales taxes, I don't see the issue in terms of the rationale of the tax
I think there is a difference between a digital item and a physical item. At the very least, if I'm receiving a physical shipment, the truck delivering that item is driving on roads in my state, polluting air in my state in the process, et cetera. It is using resources, therefore, that belong collectively to the citizens, and it's reasonable to expect that the state should receive some recompense. A digital item that I buy does none of these things. What you're saying might be the thought process at a store, and I get that, but it still doesn't make sense.

You will be thankful several years from now when Amazon is not the only store in town and you still have other places to shop. That is why the tax thing happened. States don't want everyone shopping online and out of state to make their large purchases. It was unfair business and it roundabout punished local companies that have a presence in your state.

No more loopholes or discrepancies. People have to pay tax everywhere now. Everyone is on an equal playing field. I don't like it either (not being charged tax was cool) but I understand why it had to change.
I don't disagree with paying taxes on physical items, but nobody's buying a refrigerator's worth of digital items that represent money your taxing authority is losing. Therefore, my purchases of movies or music or games are not going to bankrupt any brick-and-mortar stores. You can blame Amazon for a lot of things, but the sale of MP3s is not causing local music shops to close.

Cool. Soapbox time.

Yeah, the collection of sales tax for online purchases in Louisiana cost me about $100ish more to buy all my computer components. Speaking of which if you're in New Orleans, and own a computer shop you should build me my system!

I think there is a difference between a digital item and a physical item. At the very least, if I'm receiving a physical shipment, the truck delivering that item is driving on roads in my state, polluting air in my state in the process, et cetera. It is using resources, therefore, that belong collectively to the citizens, and it's reasonable to expect that the state should receive some recompense. A digital item that I buy does none of these things. What you're saying might be the thought process at a store, and I get that, but it still doesn't make sense.
sales taxes aren't meant to be a reimbursement on wear and tear on the environment and infrastructure though, and even if they were, then the reimbursement is way overpriced in most cases. you're putting too much thought into trying to rationalize why there's a difference between tangible and intangible goods in terms of viability for tax. sales tax, like the majority of taxes, is just meant to be a way to generate revenue, although there are alternative primary or secondary motives for some, and as such the government would be dumb to tax physical items but not bother to tax digital ones, particularly in an increasingly digitized environment.

I don't disagree with paying taxes on physical items, but nobody's buying a refrigerator's worth of digital items that represent money your taxing authority is losing. Therefore, my purchases of movies or music or games are not going to bankrupt any brick-and-mortar stores. You can blame Amazon for a lot of things, but the sale of MP3s is not causing local music shops to close.
There were all sorts of webshops that were preferred shopping destinations because they didn't charge taxes while others required them. Again, this levels the playing field. It wouldn't be fair if you had to pay taxes for MP3s at some webstores but not at others.

Honestly dude, you're just butthurt that you're having to pay sales tax now. Other people have had to pay them for awhile. You won't even think about it six months from now. It's all reaction to the sudden change. We've all been there.

If you want to actually take a look at the big big bigger picture, like you're suggesting, then look at our brick & mortar store economy and how much it has changed during the last decade.   Can you name all the stores that have closed?  Put the digital sales strawman argument aside for a minute and try to think how much web economies have drastically affected our shopping choices in urban areas.  It's pretty wild how much the landscape has changed in just the last 5-8 years.  It has been a direct byproduct of all the advantageous shopping online, my dude. 

Retailers can't even afford to pay their employees anymore.  Retail wages are not enough to live on.  Local and federal governments are trying to keep robots and computers from taking over all of the retail jobs. Commercial real estate (monthly store rent) prices are through the roof because the rich keep getting richer.  Most remaining companies are coalescing and merging.  More importantly, there is no official oversight over ANYTHING that is happening online at places like Google, Facebook, or any of the conglomerates that deal in personal information.

It's the wild wild west online and everything that is providing you your goods and services is becoming monopolized.  Consider your ISP choices for a minute.  Oligopolies are everywhere you look.  That should be a much bigger concern of yours than paying sales tax in some additional instances.  Even people in here can understand and attest to what has happened to the price of PC games since Steam achieved pseudo-monopoly status roughly four years ago.  Can you guess what was one of the primary mechanics that helped Valve get there?

Meh.  I'll do a haul post just to show how dumb I am.  Also I want to point out that Nitro bought Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar and now he is required to both play it and review it for the rest of us. 

GOG

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 complete
Warlords Battlecry 2
Most of the X-Wing and Dark Forces series but I missed a couple of dailies when they were cheaper so didn't pick up X-Wing Alliance and one other game, was going to buy them anyway if they didn't get an encore but forgot to do so.  I made the mistake of looking at mods for the old Star Wars games and got nostalgic.  ::shrug::

ORIGIN

Mass Effect DLC
Andromeda
Thought about getting Dragon Age 2 DLC but wasn't sure if it was worth it..

STEAM:
(helps that people still pay $20+ for some rare backgrounds so at least this was gabenbux)

Tons of crap games that I spent practically nothing on in packs to get one or two games that I wanted
Mad Tower Tycoon
Keyhole Spy Pack (awful Match 3 games, slow and way too easy. I need to stop buying anything I see that says Match 3 on it)
Fantasy Strike
Pillars of Eternity 2 Season Pass
Borderlands pack for missing DLC
Henteko Shmups Bundle 
Pinball FX3 Jurassic Park
Pinball FX3 Williams Pack 1
Pinball FX3 Star Wars Solo, The Last Jedi, Unsung Heroes
DARIUSBURST Space Harrier DLC
Assassin's Creed Origins
Chime Sharp
Spring Bonus (in some complete your collection pack)
RefRain - Prism Memories
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Lumines Remastered
Deep Space Waifu pack
Blackwell pack
Trouble Witches Origin various DLC
Antihero Book Characters DLC
Barrage Musical ~A Fantasy of Tempest~
Far Cry 5 
Dungeons Pack (for Dungeons 3 DLC)
Glass Masquerade - Halloween Puzzle Pack
Glass Masquerade - Inceptions Puzzle Pack
Zombasite
MMM: Murder Most Misfortunate
Drox Operative
Hidden Paws
Casual Games Bundle 1 and 2 (complete the bundle stuff.. for Fantasy Quest Solitaire, Atlantic Quest Solitaire, Solitaire Club, Atlantic Quest 2 - New Adventure, etc.)
Trials of Azra
Endless Legend - Inferno
The Walking Vegetables
Shikhondo - Soul Eater
Burst Fighter
No Heroes Here
Wild Guns Reloaded
The Age of Decadence (gift)
Sundered
Redout - Space Exploration Pack
Redout - Back to Earth Pack
Redout - Mars Pack
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion® - Outlaw Sectors™ DLC

GREENMANGAMING:

DRAGON QUEST HEROES™ II Explorer's Edition
Forgotton Anne
Dragon Quest Heroes Slime Edition
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Digital Edition of Light

FANATICAL:  

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Curse of the Vampire Coast
Prey - Mooncrash

PS4 RETAIL PURCHASES

PSVR Superhot Bundle
AIM Bundle with Firewall Zero Hour
God of War
Doom VFR
Dragon Quest Builders
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Astro Bot
Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition
Tetris Effect
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT 

PSN PURCHASES
(with 20% coupon.. still some cheaper stuff I am contemplating.  anyone play "the castle game" and have an opinion on it?)

Farpoint
Star Wars Battlefront (for the VR Mission, hope it is worth it.  :p)
Moss
MLB The Show 18
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian
Spider-Man Deluxe Edition
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Knack 2
Playstation VR Worlds

SWITCH

Starlink Digital Deluxe
Hollow Knight
Lumines Remastered
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Octopath Traveler
Hyrule Warriors

Of course now I need a stick for Elite Dangerous if I am going to actually play it at some point.  

And obviously I will not backlog any of this, it will all be played this winter.   :dunce:

My tax returns have asked about out of state (and online) purchases for over a decade.  So, while no one did it, everyone was supposed to be reporting and paying taxes on those purchases.

If people still want to not pay taxes on digital items, just move to a state without sales tax.

Meh. I'll do a haul post just to show how dumb I am. Also I want to point out that Nitro bought Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar and now he is required to both play it and review it for the rest of us.

GOG

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 complete
Warlords Battlecry 2
Most of the X-Wing and Dark Forces series but I missed a couple of dailies when they were cheaper so didn't pick up X-Wing Alliance and one other game, was going to buy them anyway if they didn't get an encore but forgot to do so. I made the mistake of looking at mods for the old Star Wars games and got nostalgic. ::shrug::

ORIGIN

Mass Effect DLC
Andromeda
Thought about getting Dragon Age 2 DLC but wasn't sure if it was worth it..

STEAM:
(helps that people still pay $20+ for some rare backgrounds so at least this was gabenbux)

Tons of crap games that I spent practically nothing on in packs to get one or two games that I wanted
Mad Tower Tycoon
Keyhole Spy Pack (awful Match 3 games, slow and way too easy. I need to stop buying anything I see that says Match 3 on it)
Fantasy Strike
Pillars of Eternity 2 Season Pass
Borderlands pack for missing DLC
Henteko Shmups Bundle
Pinball FX3 Jurassic Park
Pinball FX3 Williams Pack 1
Pinball FX3 Star Wars Solo, The Last Jedi, Unsung Heroes
DARIUSBURST Space Harrier DLC
Assassin's Creed Origins
Chime Sharp
Spring Bonus (in some complete your collection pack)
RefRain - Prism Memories
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Lumines Remastered
Deep Space Waifu pack
Blackwell pack
Trouble Witches Origin various DLC
Antihero Book Characters DLC
Barrage Musical ~A Fantasy of Tempest~
Far Cry 5
Dungeons Pack (for Dungeons 3 DLC)
Glass Masquerade - Halloween Puzzle Pack
Glass Masquerade - Inceptions Puzzle Pack
Zombasite
MMM: Murder Most Misfortunate
Drox Operative
Hidden Paws
Casual Games Bundle 1 and 2 (complete the bundle stuff.. for Fantasy Quest Solitaire, Atlantic Quest Solitaire, Solitaire Club, Atlantic Quest 2 - New Adventure, etc.)
Trials of Azra
Endless Legend - Inferno
The Walking Vegetables
Shikhondo - Soul Eater
Burst Fighter
No Heroes Here
Wild Guns Reloaded
The Age of Decadence (gift)
Sundered
Redout - Space Exploration Pack
Redout - Back to Earth Pack
Redout - Mars Pack
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion® - Outlaw Sectors™ DLC

GREENMANGAMING:

DRAGON QUEST HEROES™ II Explorer's Edition
Forgotton Anne
Dragon Quest Heroes Slime Edition
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Digital Edition of Light

FANATICAL:

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Curse of the Vampire Coast
Prey - Mooncrash

PS4 RETAIL PURCHASES

PSVR Superhot Bundle
AIM Bundle with Firewall Zero Hour
God of War
Doom VFR
Dungeon Quest Builders
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Astro Bot
Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition
Tetris Effect
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

PSN PURCHASES
(with 20% coupon.. still some cheaper stuff I am contemplating. anyone play "the castle game" and have an opinion on it?)

Farpoint
Star Wars Battlefront (for the VR Mission, hope it is worth it. :p)
Moss
MLB The Show 18
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian
Spider-Man Deluxe Edition
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Knack 2
Playstation VR Worlds

SWITCH

Starlink Digital Deluxe
Hollow Knight
Lumines Remastered
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Of course now I need a stick for Elite Dangerous if I am going to actually play it at some point.

And obviously I will not backlog any of this, it will all be played this winter. :dunce:
Sometimes I feel like I am the only one left loading up when there is a sale, and then I see something like this and I feel much better about my comparably few purchases.

If you want to actually take a look at the big big bigger picture, like you're suggesting, then look at our brick & mortar store economy and how much it has changed during the last decade. Can you name all the stores that have closed? Put the digital sales strawman argument aside for a minute and try to think how much web economies have drastically affected our shopping choices in urban areas. It's pretty wild how much the landscape has changed in just the last 5-8 years. It has been a direct byproduct of all the advantageous shopping online, my dude.

Retailers can't even afford to pay their employees anymore. Retail wages are not enough to live on. Local and federal governments are trying to keep robots and computers from taking over all of the retail jobs. Commercial real estate (monthly store rent) prices are through the roof because the rich keep getting richer. Most remaining companies are coalescing and merging. More importantly, there is no official oversight over ANYTHING that is happening online at places like Google, Facebook, or any of the conglomerates that deal in personal information.

It's the wild wild west online and everything that is providing you your goods and services is becoming monopolized. Consider your ISP choices for a minute. Oligopolies are everywhere you look. That should be a much bigger concern of yours than paying sales tax in some additional instances. Even people in here can understand and attest to what has happened to the price of PC games since Steam achieved pseudo-monopoly status roughly four years ago. Can you guess what was one of the primary mechanics that helped Valve get there?
The problem with pushing for online sales taxes, is it takes away the citizens' ability to protest high local taxes. Now you have no where to go. The growth of online purchases has many reasons but I would offer the main one being as a pressure valve on local/state taxes. As a kid in the 80s, California's sales taxes were like 6% plus half a percent or so depending on the county. My allowance went that much further when down at the beach two counties away from home. Now its up to 10% overall depending on county.

Most of the oligopolies that exist, exist due to local, state and federal government allowance of them or outright promotion of them. ISPs and cable tv are a prime example of government granted monopolies.

Most of the oligopolies that exist, exist due to local, state and federal government allowance of them or outright promotion of them. ISPs and cable tv are a prime example of government granted monopolies.
Absolutely. But the point is that is why we get fucked on prices for our internet and our cable; there are only 1-2 offerings. We don't have other choices.

That is what has happened in other sectors as well. Choices have been diminished to 1-2 offerings thanks in part to the advantageous lack of online sales tax which has reduced the number of competitors.

People flock to Gamestop in order to buy cum-crusted used games for $5 cheaper. This is a perfect example. People have no altruism or ideals; they do whatever is the most convenient and the cheapest. You mean for the better part of two decades I could buy games on Steam, not pay any sales tax, and not leave the comfort of my home?? The lack of online taxes led directly to the ultimate culmination of pc games no longer being sold at retail stores and Steam sales sucking. I'm not saying it was the only reason but it was certainly one of the main, driving components.

Slay the Spire added Steam Workshop support. Already put 150 hours into that game. Now I need to decide if I should dive into the user made stuff.

I'm really ready for Slay the Spire to come out of EA....but eh. It's funny I used to like the warrior a lot, but for some reason I have way better success as the other two characters. Also for those who say the silent is only poison strategy are crazy. I'm a shiv guy myself most of the time. This game is awesome though. I doubt it will be bundled for a while too, so any sale is a good one for it.

Humble Bundle Jan 2019

Qube 2

Observer

Sundered

Wizard of Legend

Just Cause 3 XXL Edition

Project Cars 2

Regions of Ruin

The Darkside Detective

Roombo

Next Month...

Yakuza Zero

Tom Clancy's The Division

sales taxes aren't meant to be a reimbursement on wear and tear on the environment and infrastructure though, and even if they were, then the reimbursement is way overpriced in most cases. you're putting too much thought into trying to rationalize why there's a difference between tangible and intangible goods in terms of viability for tax. sales tax, like the majority of taxes, is just meant to be a way to generate revenue, although there are alternative primary or secondary motives for some, and as such the government would be dumb to tax physical items but not bother to tax digital ones, particularly in an increasingly digitized environment.
You're probably right, but overthink things is what I do best. Well, that and start pointless arguments. A guy's gotta have hobbies, and they can't all involve c**-stained plastic boxes from GameStop.

If you want to actually take a look at the big big bigger picture, like you're suggesting, then look at our brick & mortar store economy and how much it has changed during the last decade. Can you name all the stores that have closed? Put the digital sales strawman argument aside for a minute and try to think how much web economies have drastically affected our shopping choices in urban areas. It's pretty wild how much the landscape has changed in just the last 5-8 years. It has been a direct byproduct of all the advantageous shopping online, my dude.

Retailers can't even afford to pay their employees anymore. Retail wages are not enough to live on. Local and federal governments are trying to keep robots and computers from taking over all of the retail jobs. Commercial real estate (monthly store rent) prices are through the roof because the rich keep getting richer. Most remaining companies are coalescing and merging. More importantly, there is no official oversight over ANYTHING that is happening online at places like Google, Facebook, or any of the conglomerates that deal in personal information.

It's the wild wild west online and everything that is providing you your goods and services is becoming monopolized. Consider your ISP choices for a minute. Oligopolies are everywhere you look. That should be a much bigger concern of yours than paying sales tax in some additional instances. Even people in here can understand and attest to what has happened to the price of PC games since Steam achieved pseudo-monopoly status roughly four years ago. Can you guess what was one of the primary mechanics that helped Valve get there?
I'm not prepared to disagree with everything you say here, but I will say I think that this highlights the need for regulation at the national level, which our federal government has been weirdly timid about to date.

Also, is the answer TF2 hats?

My tax returns have asked about out of state (and online) purchases for over a decade. So, while no one did it, everyone was supposed to be reporting and paying taxes on those purchases.

If people still want to not pay taxes on digital items, just move to a state without sales tax.
It's like this most places. That's why these laws have been passed in recent years in various jurisdictions.

People flock to Gamestop in droves in order to buy cum-crusted used games for $5 cheaper. This is a perfect example. People have no altruism or ideals; they do whatever is the most convenient and the cheapest. You mean for the better part of two decades I could buy games on Steam, not pay any sales tax, and not leave the comfort of my home?? The lack of online taxes led directly to the ultimate culmination of pc games no longer being sold at retail stores and Steam sales sucking. I'm not saying it was the only reason but it was certainly one of the main, driving components.
Actually I pay $5 more for that.

And I knew I would get the answer wrong.

Humble Bundle Jan 2019

Qube 2
Observer
Sundered
Wizard of Legend
Just Cause 3 XXL Edition
Project Cars 2
Regions of Ruin
The Darkside Detective
Roombo

Next Month...

Yakuza Zero
Tom Clancy's The Division
Hey, it's a good thing I've already beaten Yazuka Zero after I preordered it. . . er, wait, never mind. :whistle2: 8-[ :cry: :joystick:

I was out of town and on mobile only for the last half of the Steam sale. After barely beating the ice back home I had only about 11 hours left to see if there was anything I wanted to buy.

Not much there, as I'd grabbed the FX3 packs, HITMAN DLC, and American Truck Simulator DLC I wanted in the Fall Sale.

That said...

Quell Zen
FLOCK!
Depth Hunter 2 DLC pack
Dogfight 1942 Complete
Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal with soundtrack
Talos Principle: Road To Gehenna
a single Pixel Puzzles Ultimate pack (was hoping for a better discount on these)
And The Race DLC for Secret of the Magic Crystals.

So, yeah, mostly random small stuff that's been sitting on my wishlist but passed on previously.

I also received Assassin's Creed Odyssey as a gift/prize.

Hey Aspyr rep !  

I am not trying to be too difficult, but I really would like to know why the price of the season pass (SP) for Borderlands the Presequel is so inflated.  Even now on the Fanatical site, base game on sale for $9.99 and the SP is on sale for $13.49.  Why is the SP more than the base game?  It should be the other way around.  Even during the steam winter sale, to complete your collection for the "handsome Jack collection" it placed way too much value on the SP.  

I like your games, just not the pricing model.

Thank you in advance

Hey Aspyr rep !

I am not trying to be too difficult, but I really would like to know why the price of the season pass (SP) for Borderlands the Presequel is so inflated. Even now on the Fanatical site, base game on sale for $9.99 and the SP is on sale for $13.49. Why is the SP more than the base game? It should be the other way around. Even during the steam winter sale, to complete your collection for the "handsome Jack collection" it placed way too much value on the SP.

I like your games, just not the pricing model.

Thank you in advance
I'll see if we can get a better deal going.

Is there a discount/price point that you'd bite for?

but I will say that I think that this highlights the need for regulation at the national level, which our federal government has been weirdly timid about to date.
Oh it absolutely does. Lots of this stuff needs much higher regulation at the federal level.

As proven by the Mark Zuckerberg Senate inquiry, those dinosaurs don't even understand what is going on. We need a younger, more diversified set of lawmakers within the legislature.

I'll see if we can get a better deal going.

Is there a discount/price point that you'd bite for?
To be honest, regarding the complete the collection if I had Borderlands 2 and PreSequel and only missing cosmetics from BL2 and SP from Presequel - $5.

If selling SP alone - should be $5 to $7.5 if base game can be on sale for $9.99. Getting both together, the lowest price on Steam was $17.49 Nov. 9 2017. I think that should support a lower price now.

Also, if you have any information about when Borderlands 3 is coming, that would be great.

Thank you

Wouldn't be surprised to see another Borderlands Humble Bundle in the future, this time including presequel in one of the lower tiers.

bread's done
Back