Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think they have a point and anyone who wants a refund should get their money back plus 50%. They are investors and without that money the game never would have been done.

It's fucking sad how they treated their fans in this.
The problem is people who support a Kickstarter are not investors, they are donators. You are paying for the possibility of the creator maybe doing something someday. I do not disagree kicksharter is not clear on this, but given that they have 4 rules, 2 which boil down to "be excellent to each other", I would think people need to turn their skepticism meter up several notches. Or not... Shine on, you crazy diamonds!

When you're not dealing with shitty liars and conmen, it actually works quite well.
Kicksharter after you remove liars, con-men and devs who think it's easy to turn an idea into a delivered product (that at a minimum breaks even):

giphy.gif

It's fucking sad how they treated their fans in this.
I don’t disagree, but as someone who’s been affected when KS projects remove support for entire platforms, I find it a bit amusing when all the outrage pours out over a different storefront.

Not saying they shouldn’t be upset, I’m just wondering where all this anger was on games like Shantae, Bloodstained, and Hyper Light Drifter.

I don’t disagree, but as someone who’s been affected when KS projects remove support for entire platforms, I find it a bit amusing when all the outrage pours out over a different storefront.

Not saying they shouldn’t be upset, I’m just wondering where all this anger was on games like Shantae, Bloodstained, and Hyper Light Drifter.
I imagine it's because it's affecting more people and not platforms considered "niche" (Vita) or "dead" (3DS/Wii U).
But I agree that hating on Epic is trendy.

Kicksharter after you remove liars, con-men and devs who think it's easy to turn an idea into a delivered product (that at a minimum breaks even):
I've gotten numerous successful projects through KS. But you don't get it when you're dealing with conmen who lie and refuse to meet their obligations and people fall all over themselves making excuses for them
shrug.gif

I've gotten numerous successful projects through KS. But you don't get it when you're dealing with conmen who lie and refuse to meet their obligations and people fall all over themselves making excuses for them
shrug.gif
Depends how you define "success". We just talked about those that don't intend or just never deliver. We haven't even talked about those projects that are months (I'm being generous here) or years late. Is that a success? I guess if you have Stockholm Syndrome.

I've watched the RPG/miniatures segment of kicksharter for a number of years (that makes me an expert!) . It's quite the dumpster fire. Kinda reminds me of those indie devs on Steam that fail to deliver steam keys or revoke steam keys and are shocked that people react negatively to those shenanigans. Whodathunkit???

Depends how you define "success".
Delivering the promised rewards to their backers and (depending on intent) taking it to market.

In any event, "But.. but... Kickstarter!!!" isn't an excuse for these guys to fail to deliver on the promised product (Steam key, as selected in the backer kit) or offer a refund. Nor is "lol that's what you get for Kickstarter" an excuse for them being shady shits who failed to deliver as promised. All it does is exonerate shitty devs for failing to meet their obligations by pretending it doesn't matter due to the platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I wonder how I might have felt about all the outrage surrounding Epic Game Store. But the best thing about having kids is that you lose the capacity to feel anything.

Delivering the promised rewards to their backers and (depending on intent) taking it to market.
Yeah, but on what time scale? It seems quite a few creators operate in geological time frames. I swear they fire up a kicksharter when they first come up with an idea. That's it. Only an idea. No concept (business plan?? We don't need no stinking business plan) of how to drive it to completion or how long that will take.

Too many people/groups/companies use KS as a mechanism to support their lifestyles.  Or to moonlight at their own pace.  They gladly accept 10s of thousands of dollars and then continue working on their primary jobs instead.  "We need cashflow so we can do what we feel like".   Well great, don't we all?

Yeah, but on what time scale? It seems quite a few creators operate in geological time frames. I swear they fire up a kicksharter when they first come up with an idea. That's it. Only an idea. No concept (business plan?? We don't need no stinking business plan) of how to drive it to completion or how long that will take.
Nah, they get an idea and some concept art.

Yeah, but on what time scale? It seems quite a few creators operate in geological time frames.
I haven't had anything seriously delayed (except one $5 EP which I don't particularly care about) and the ones that had delays were open about them. I consider a serious delay to be beyond 3-4 months. But, sure, lump the "Two years late" people into the same shitpile as these Devs rather than using them as an excuse for shitty behavior.

Since you mentioned RPGs, I have the Revenge of the Horde book which is quite nice and got me to back their current project, Mithos Manor arrived the other day and I'm happy with it, Battle Maps is running behind due to manufacturing issues but the creator has been open about it and it shouldn't be long, Ordinary Towns was on time (granted it was a PDF which is easier), Ghost Brush is due to be on time next month, Tegel Manor is on track for release, etc. Like I said, it works fine when you're not dealing with dong lords who take your money and refuse to meet their obligations.

Do steam cards every go on sale? I thought Fry's had the $100 cards on sale for like $85 last week but I do not have a Fry's in my state. I'm curious what others have witnessed over the years.
You can get them at Fry's sales, Target gift card sales, or you can wait until Raise does a sitewide sale and hope you get in quick enough before the vendors sell out of stock.

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my new Patreon. By supporting me with a small (or large) monthly donation you will help me to continue posting on CAG.

Here are the different tiers and rewards I have planned. Each higher tier includes the lower ones.

• $1/month - I will "like" one of your posts each week.
  • $3/month - I will "like" all of your posts.
  • $5/month - Exclusive access to my super secret Discord group.
  • $10/month - You'll be entered in a monthly drawing for old bundle trash Steam keys.
  • $20/month - Even more exclusive access to weekly streams of me playing through all the Train Simulator DLC.**
  • $50/month - I'll send you pictures of rcsample's mom.
If I reach $500 in total monthly support I'll host a livestream of myself eating a pizza with pineapple toppings.

If I hit $1000 per month I'll do a playthrough of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines with MysterD.

** I am launching a separate Kickstarter to raise funds to purchase Train Simulator and all the DLC.

Contra: Rogue Corps - E3 2019 Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RInYDl8HsQU

Cyberpunk 2077 - GameSpot at E3 2019 on How CDPR got Keanu on-board, gameplay footage, and interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VRHxkHL1vs

I may be in the minority, but the Contra game looks fun to me. I'm not sure it  is $39.99 on release fun, but for about $20...I think I can do that. It just looks like stupid co-op action game which is OK in my books.

Fortnite maker Epic acquires social video app Houseparty

What does a gaming company do after raising $1.25 billion? Acquisitions seem like a pretty good place to start. Epic Games — of Unreal Engine and the ridiculously successful Fortnite phenomenon — has just picked up Houseparty.

The social video app announced the news via blog post this morning. The deal seems like a natural fit for Epic. Social has been an integral piece of Fortnite’s success as a multiplayer battle royale title.

Founded in 2015, Houseparty is a social network that delivers video chat across a number of different platforms, including iOS, Android and macOS. Like Fortnite, the offering tends to skew younger. Specifically, the app caters toward teen users, providing a more private and safer space than other, broader platforms.
Q8Ti49i.gif

The Outer Worlds -- 12m interview & gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNO8oa6Zws

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 -- 20m of gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oYJAnhvgNk

Finally retiring my 8-year old Gaming PC!

new system parts on order:

i5-9600K
GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G
32GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000
M2 Inland PHISON 1TB NVMe
MSI mATX Mobo

Retiring into a NAS Server:
2011 PC (win7 Ult)
i7-2700K (2nd-Gen i7) - From the Intel Retail Edge Program (Staples Employee)
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 DirectX 11 3GB GDDR5
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 - Z68 ATX
G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1333
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC  (Updraded in 2014)

My new PC isn't super fat or anything... still on 1080p, no VR (got the ps4vr).

Funny thing is, My new PC is about as expensive as just that GPU when I got it ~ winter of 2011.

How many of you lads are taking the xbox game pass ultimate $1 deal to play the PC game pass? If so how long are you buying it for?
In for the whole 3 years (till 6/2022). Played Forza Horizon 4 a bit last night and am liking it so far. I had 13 months of live codes laying around from the 360 era and bout 15 months more. With the site giving out extra 1 months per code redemption for turning on recurring billing (which I promptly turned off) that got me up to the 3 years for ~$85 oop.

I'd previously used Game Pass to play Crackdown 3 and that worked well enough. There are already enough games to mentally justify $90 in my head (backlog be damned!) so I expect that by June ' 22 I will have had....

710oFYfblLL._UX679_.jpg

How many of you lads are taking the xbox game pass ultimate $1 deal to play the PC game pass? If so how long are you buying it for?
I just ended up getting a month but I had already done a 3 months for $2 deal before then so I'm subbed until August.

I was under the mistaken impression it would only be $4.99 on PC so I didn't bother doing the Xbox Live workaround thing beforehand. Would have done it had I know it would be $9.99.

Heh, I had a year of gold card left over from the 360 days too. Added that to my account that already had more than 2 months left on that previous $1 deal. Went ahead and added the $1 ultimate pass before the press conference because I was trying to figure out how to get the newly added games. I regret not adding more time, but I feel like there will continue to be free trials and places to get half off passes, so you wouldn't really save much money by buying gold cards right now.

I also just did 1 year. Ended up with 14 months, which will take me through next summer. Shortly after that a new xbox console is dropping at the end of next year. Who knows what the Xbox Ultimate / Game Pass services will look like then. That was my main reason for not hoarding 3 years of it.

Congrats on the new PC.

Sounds like a solid build. :)

That 32GB RAM and 1660 Ti sounds sweet. :)
32GB RAM still seems like overkill to me. By the time games will be using that much the RAM itself will be outdated. Games needing more than 16GB only just started releasing a year or so ago.

Took it this past Sunday for a $1. I have until a month from that Sunday.

If it stays $5, I might have trouble un-subscribing. Especially if they have big-name AAA games on there like Gears 5 & Halo Infinite on Day 1.

If it jumps to $10 - I might subscribe on and off...depending on what's out, if certain games are Day 1, game prices, and/or things of that sort.

Control by Remedy - 18 minutes of gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfa18JK98k

6 Things To Know about Control from Eurogamer:

https://youtu.be/2YDOpbuX7YM

Thanks for the feedback on the Xbox Game Pass for PC, lads. I ended up getting 16 months of the ultimate pass for $48. Will reassess if I want to resub after that time. Cheers. 

Greedfall.

Watching on IGN Live right now, this RPG from Spiders coming this year, called Greedfall.

17th Century inspired stuff, during the Colonization Period.

You are to find & colonize areas; make decisions by diplomacy, stealth, combat, etc.; and stuff of that sort.

3rd person action-RPG which has the behind the character camera, looks like it has Dark Souls/Bloodborne type of combat; and also has a tactical pause. This game-world, land, art direction, and whatnot looks very cool and interesting.

There's 5 companions you can find in the game, BTW.

I've always liked Spiders' games b/c of their settings, ideas, heart, and whatnot (i.e. see Mars: War Logs), even despite their issues and quirks (i.e. sometimes too much back-tracking, combat not being spectacular, stilted writing/dialogue, etc) - but I have yet to find...that Spiders game to really make me say that they've finally reached greatness.

I'm liking what I see, so...could this be the one?

I think I might've just found my "Sleeper Pick" for E3 2019.

Anyways, it's listed on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/606880/GreedFall/

Thanks for the feedback on the Xbox Game Pass for PC, lads. I ended up getting 16 months of the ultimate pass for $48. Will reassess if I want to resub after that time. Cheers.
I went for it, too. Picked up 3 years worth of Gold for cheap and then converted it all to Ultimate Piss.

Thx for the kudos!

Stoked about firing up some games from the backlog that gave my old PC trouble. ....Borderlands TPS just barely ran, well enough to enjoy it on significantly reduced settings. 

Metro Redux, Deus Ex, FO4, Far Cry 5, Enhanced BL.

Just grabbed the Borderlands: Handsome Collection for $5.12 on Steam.  I don't know when I'll be able to play it, but I feel better knowing that it's in my library.

bread's done
Back