Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It was kind of a nice surprise seeing some actual good prices from Bethesda. Picked up a couple of newish games from them over the weekend.

I still want Fallout 4's Season Pass for some reason. I've started Fallout 4 several times but never finished it. I'm not sure why I think I need to buy more (some questionable) stuff for it - especially when they refuse to be reasonable with the Season Pass price.

Gears Of War 4 - Standard Edition - X-Box One/Windows 10 (Microsoft store redeem only)

3F+KK-CP6X9-R23FH-Y+CMX-9K+KZ

Already owned the game, but I bought it for the Amazon credit. Her you go you lovely, lovely people.

(V+XYZ)

It was kind of a nice surprise seeing some actual good prices from Bethesda. Picked up a couple of newish games from them over the weekend.

I still want Fallout 4's Season Pass for some reason. I've started Fallout 4 several times but never finished it. I'm not sure why I think I need to buy more (some questionable) stuff for it - especially when they refuse to be reasonable with the Season Pass price.
Far Harbor DLC is the best reason for FO4's Season Pass.

Not only is the new area cool with lots of personality for its characters and actual atmosphere (inspired by Bar Harbor, Maine), but it has real content with actual decision-making & choices.

A lot of shades of gray in there with flawed characters and factions, which can make it tough on who to side with. Much better than most of FO4 base's content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summon your inner headpiece747 and post some pictures of your creation.
SeasonalCAG Rise from your Grave and Rescue my Hardware:

Long time no upgrade I have been wanted to upgrade for so long but overpriced CPU, GPU and Ram prices were keeping me away. Then I was away for 4 months and saved up and my wifey talked me into buying this because I had a coupon and no tax well she doesn't know what she started...

OEYJz1D.jpg

Then Trav called me out on my rat's nest at the bottom of the case so cleaned it, removed two old 250 SSDs and 2TB HDD because tired of all the cables. Left the 1TB Samsung 860 and added two Silenx 80mm fans and Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W.

XX76FEa.jpg

Then Sep mentioned PSU extension cables and got Antec Mod Red (duh) and Black ones, 32GB 3200MHZ Viper Gaming DDR4 Ram, added 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe and 2TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe for less cables in the basement and speed.

G8Lo92Q.jpg

Still waiting for AMD to fix issues with 3900x and X570 and mobo fans are a turn off unless I go for that Gigabyte $500 one or Intel drops the price on 9900k to compete and will get that because all I do is game and browse so don't have to lie to myself and say I want it for media creation or streaming just chasing FPS.

Given Bethesda stuff never comes up in Humble Bundles, I opted for the Prey + Derpsonered 2 bundle and the Mooncrash DLC for $16. Fallout 4's DLC is something I'd have been happy to get in the price they are offering for the total package but since I already have base Fallout 4, the extra stuff is not worth rebuying the base game in a GOTY pack or paying for the DLC on its own.

Long time no upgrade...
:lol:

I think you've upgraded several times since I last updated my rig. Built mine in 2014 and updated the monitor and GPU in 2016. At this point I think I'll wait till post-Navi releases, so I can get Navi at a a deep discount.

the season pass is fine but the price is ridiculous, got it for like 23 bucks on gmg before they bumped the price, which is a fine price

50 dollars is insane

Huh.  So your activity feed now shows when you play a game for the first time.  Should be interesting when someone loads up a card farming program after not bothering for a while.

Really interested in how that EVGA card holds up as I came so very, very, VERY close to getting one from Newegg's ebay (they had a limited time discount coupon or code) a couple weeks back, but I held off because of numerous reviews re: the poor QC and/or dying/dead cards.

Really interested in how that EVGA card holds up as I came so very, very, VERY close to getting one from Newegg's ebay (they had a limited time discount coupon or code) a couple weeks back, but I held off because of numerous reviews re: the poor QC and/or dying/dead cards.
I want to like EVGA, but can’t. I have gone through five video cards in a few machines and the fifth went bad because their power supply blew and fried the video card with it. My sixth EVGA has been fine for a while.

I am looking at MSI for a video card now.

I am either looking to build a new pc or buy one from cyberpowerpc. The difference is about $300.

EVGA seems to have perfected the art of RMA'ing cards back to them. The 960 line had a tendency to blow an internal fuse or something. I sent 3 of their cards back to them that stopped working. One lasted 11 months, 3 months, 6 months and each time they let me send them back and sent me a refurb card.

I want to like EVGA, but can’t. I have gone through five video cards in a few machines and the fifth went bad besides their power supply blew and dried the video card with it. My sixth EVGA has been fine for a while.
I've also had issues (3 different cards that constantly had problems) with EVGA previously and that's probably the straw that broke the camel on my squeezing the trigger on that deal

EVGA seems to have perfected the art of RMA'ing cards back to them.
If that's a compliment, it's certainly a backhanded one.

I want to like EVGA, but can’t. I have gone through five video cards in a few machines and the fifth went bad because their power supply blew and fried the video card with it. My sixth EVGA has been fine for a while.

I am looking at MSI for a video card now.

I am either looking to build a new pc or buy one from cyberpowerpc. The difference is about $300.
Let me get this straight. You had five different EVGA cards fail and then you bought a sixth one?

Iratus Lord of the Dead might end up being a pretty fun game in a similar vein to Darkest Dungeon but it needs a lot more work.  It is in early access so of course it is incomplete in the first place, but more than that there are some weird balance issues such as mob that has been hitting you consistently for ~20 suddenly crits for 95 without any buffs or debuffs involved and wrecks one of your minions.  It has crashed on me once causing me to start over (crashed during a battle which I guess counted as quitting the battle which means losing your party and I had crap to work with after that).  Repetitive limited music that cuts off weirdly, not sure if that is a bug or what but it is annoying.  Chatty minions that say the same things over and over after  attacks, that was irritating me after an hour of play.  Less gameplay oriented but still a bit dumb is that all of the undead females are way too top-heavy.  I don't need to see corpse boobs bouncing all over the place, but whatever.  Also it has ads for other games on the loading screen... wtf?  

If I'd have paid the asking price for the thing, I would have refunded it.  Still, I think I'll maintain interest long enough to take a short at unlocking the hardest difficulty before I shelf it and wait for more content and balancing.  The ;tldr is that it is not worth the asking price, if you can get it cheap enough and like watching games come together (when they don't get abandoned) then go for it.  

Let me get this straight. You had five different EVGA cards fail and then you bought a sixth one?
I had several fail under warranty. I bought two cards years ago for SLI that had lifetime warranty, which I still have two of them to this day. I was upgrading a new pc a few years back and had a bunch of Best Buy points and got a GTX 1070 for about $20. I had zero issues out of this card until right under the three year mark the PSU blew, which was supposed to be one of their best, and fried the card. They replaced the card and offered to replace the PSU and I passed on that. Four older cards (2006 - 2010) and a newer card in total. For the older machine I actually just got fed up with the older cards and got an XFX 4890.

The replacement 1070 has been fine since.

Huh. So your activity feed now shows when you play a game for the first time. Should be interesting when someone loads up a card farming program after not bothering for a while.
Um. Right.

I guess I'll learn if that shows up if I set myself to be seen as offline.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Uplay)

Free until 3rd August 12:00 (GMT+9):

1. Login on https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb
  2. Use Korean VPN (You can use https://www.vpngate.net/en/ or firefox plugin with no registration needed: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/urban-vpn/)
  3. Visit https://register.ubisoft.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood/en-GB
  4. Click PC icon
  5. Congratulations! The game has been successfully added to your Uplay library.
Any chance that gets your account banned?

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Uplay)

Free until 3rd August 12:00 (GMT+9):

1. Login on https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb
  2. Use Korean VPN (You can use https://www.vpngate.net/en/ or firefox plugin with no registration needed: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/urban-vpn/)
  3. Visit https://register.ubisoft.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood/en-GB
  4. Click PC icon
  5. Congratulations! The game has been successfully added to your Uplay library.
This is America. We won the war.

Well, just because we have a president that suffers no repercussion for his bad actions, does not mean that the rest of us get the same deference.
I just got done watching the 5-hour sessions and complete aftermaths of both Tues. and Wed. Democratic Debates. How well do you think the 20 candidates performed?

I just got done watching the 5-hour sessions and complete aftermaths of both Tues. and Wed. Democratic Debates. How well do you think the 20 candidates performed?
Not nearly well enough. They need to winnow the field and step up their games if they want to seriously compete.

Edit - I really want to be cautious here as this really isn't a forum for political discussion, and I want to be sensitive to those that don't necessarily share my views.

While For Honor has been given away before on Steam and Uplay, Epic is giving away the standard edition instead of the starter edition.

im watching all this Outer Worlds coverage, i love me some fallout, and im like, shit, looks like i might fakeybro this... on the EGS!!!

Who's with me, boys?

bread's done
Back