Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Finally 100% borderlands 3.

9/10

Fun as shit; worth the $59.99

No framerate issues if you set your setting correctly. Crashed maybe 10-15x but the game saves so often you lose nothing.

People crying on MC are only mad at Epic.
Curious:

What are your specs on your PC?

What did you set BL3 at in settings to achieve 60fps or better?

Your posts and the couple of articles that I've read have me really interested in GoG Galaxy 2.0. The all-in-one platform looks super tidy and convenient. I've signed up for the beta but haven't received any admission yet.
I'm shocked I got in as soon as I did... They say its first come first serve but I would be shocked if I got my name on the list before most of the regulars in here did.

I still need to train myself to use it, I just haven't been gaming enough days in a row to form the habit, as I use my shortcuts for programs for the Forza stuff (MS Store) on the left hand bar and right click the steam or uplay icon that sits on the right hand side to access the last few played games...

I will say this... I'm not huge on achievements in regards to Steam, they're just so freaking buried, but anyone whose into them (like Blade) should absolutely love Galexy 2.0. So much better and it tracks achievements across the platforms that have them.

Is there any way to hide achievements? I hate them, don’t even want to see them on the game info screen if possible, let alone popping up in game.

Is there any way to hide achievements? I hate them, don’t even want to see them on the game info screen if possible, let alone popping up in game.
There located on a separate page called "My Progress" and on the main page you only see a small precentage, comparison to friends, and the average player. (Achievements and time played are compared.)

Gtx 1080 and 3900x

Mix of medium to ultra settings. Some YouTube channel did a comparison of settings and detail which ones don’t improve quality much
Glad to hear you got the performance issues sorted.

Though, I would guess most games running on a 3900x with a killer GTX 1080 should easily run 60fps easy without any RTX crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another game-client app/service popped up for PC.

Rockstar Game Launcher now available.

Get it over here - https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/rockstar-games-launcher

Notes:

1. Download, install, and/or register now...and you can claim GTA: San Andreas PC for free.

2. If you used Rockstar Social Club games & had already created an account, that account will carry over to RGL.

3. Some of your owned-games (i.e. Max Payne 3, GTA5, LA Noireetc), Achievements & Cloud Saves will carry over.

4. Rockstar keys are in a XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format.

5. Keys in the above format will activate up onto RGL - i.e. I activated LA Noire (key from Amazon DVG / Non-Steam) up - https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035474774/Non-Steam-version-of-L-A-Noire-not-showing-up-in-the-Rockstar-Games-Launcher

6. Physical Retail Disc, Steam & Non-Steam titles from Rockstar can be added to your RGL account, look here - https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035971593/Adding-Steam-and-non-Steam-installations-to-the-Rockstar-Games-Launcher

7. Physical games currently don't support RGL Cloud Save, Download & Install support via the RGL client program. You'll have to manually deal with the install from the disc & handle the saves yourself - https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035971533/Disc-installation-support-for-titles-in-the-Rockstar-Games-Launcher

Looks like many Borderlands 3 PC players are having Cloud Saves issues:

https://youtu.be/Pl2jZOPkJl4

BL3 PC Cloud Save issues:

- Many Borderlands 3 PC players are having Cloud Saves issues.

- Many gamers & even some reviewers are losing hours & hours of progress.

- If it asks you which Save to use (physical or Cloud), be careful and aware of which is most up-to-date.

- Some times, the wrong files are being overwritten.

- Some times, you get an error...and it won't load your save.

- Might be worth backing up Save files now and then.

- Might be worth turning Cloud Saves OFF, until it's fixed.
Karma's a bitch.

V0rFD7o.png

Ars Technica - UPDATE to the concerns of RGL being tossed on top of Steam-versions of Rockstar's games, if you install RGL...is that it's true:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/rockstar-gives-away-a-gta-classic-to-get-you-to-install-its-new-games-launcher/

[Update, 3pm ET: Since this article has gone live, we've discovered another reason to install RGL, though it's arguably not a welcome one. Rockstar has now mandated the launcher's installation in order to boot certain games available on Steam. I uninstalled RGL from my testing rig, then attempted to boot my existing Steam installation of Grand Theft Auto V. At that time, Steam automatically loaded the RGL installation process. Thus, there is currently no way to play GTA V without having Rockstar's new launcher active. Rockstar isn't the first to do this, by the way; publishers like Ubisoft mandate similar launcher requirements in their Steam games.]
So currently, if you were thinking of installing RGL...well, you've now been warned.

I do wonder if over on Steam, Steam-versions of Rockstar's games will all get updates that add an RGL-Lite version (without its store-front, as Steam doesn't allow store-front sections on 3rd party launcher to be active) on top, like UPlay games on Steam have.

Notes:
1. Download, install, and/or register now...and you can claim GTA: San Andreas PC for free.
2. If you used Rockstar Social Club games & had already created an account, that account will carry over to RGL.
3. Some of your owned-games (i.e. Max Payne 3, GTA5, LA Noireetc), Achievements & Cloud Saves will carry over.
4. Rockstar keys are in a XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format.
5. Keys in the above format will activate up onto RGL - i.e. I activated LA Noire (key from Amazon DVG / Non-Steam) up - https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035474774/Non-Steam-version-of-L-A-Noire-not-showing-up-in-the-Rockstar-Games-Launcher
6. Physical Retail Disc, Steam & Non-Steam titles from Rockstar can be added to your RGL account, look here - https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035971593/Adding-Steam-and-non-Steam-installations-to-the-Rockstar-Games-Launcher
7. Physical games currently don't support RGL Cloud Save, Download & Install support via the RGL client program. You'll have to manually deal with the install from the disc & handle the saves yourself - https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035971533/Disc-installation-support-for-titles-in-the-Rockstar-Games-Launcher
Damn, I just got into PC gaming and this makes it the 9th launcher I installed, haha.

I think outside of things like Ubi where there are dozens of games I own, I am going to just avoid anything that isn't an MMO and requires its own launcher from now on.  GTAV just went from "I really should at least play the campaign sometime this winter" to probably never getting played. 

I think outside of things like Ubi where there are dozens of games I own, I am going to just avoid anything that isn't an MMO and requires its own launcher from now on. GTAV just went from "I really should at least play the campaign sometime this winter" to probably never getting played.
There's not really a change here, though. Rockstar always had the social club app that needed to be running when playing Rockstar games. Updating it and calling it a launcher doesn't seem to be very different.

Didn't know that.  The last one I played was Vice City though so...

I really am sick of launchers within launchers though.  It drives me insane.

Didn't know that. The last one I played was Vice City though so...

I really am sick of launchers within launchers though. It drives me insane.
Social Club wasn't any more obnoxious than Uplay. Rockstar's launcher doesn't seem to change that.

By which I mean that when it updated yesterday I didn't realize it was supposed to be something new and not just a new version of Social Club until seeing the posts here.

I still like to have everything on Steam even if it needs another launcher, on the off-chance that they do a GFWL and are like "hey wait our launcher sucks" and then the game becomes Steam-only

Glad to hear you got the performance issues sorted.

Though, I would guess most games running on a 3900x with a killer GTX 1080 should easily run 60fps easy without any RTX crap.
Secret to running BL3 at 60 fps. Have bleeding-edge top-of-the-line CPU and high end GPU.

Just a heads up: Bloodstained got added to PC Game Pass today. At least for me it doesn't show up under "Recently Added" or at the top of the home page, but it comes up via search.

Worth mentioning.

Since new RGL update, had trouble booting-up L.A. Noire (Amazon DVG key for RGL) on W10.

Had to set and run Rockstar Game Launcher itself in Admin mode first, just to get LA Noire to boot up.

Just a heads up: Bloodstained got added to PC Game Pass today. At least for me it doesn't show up under "Recently Added" or at the top of the home page, but it comes up via search.
This is a great add. A quality game I've been wanting to play. The cag in me has held off buying since it's short and will get cheaper. Playing free on GP is just gravy.

Since I started using Game Pass, I've probably saved $100 and removed about 7 or 8 titles from my wishlist, either because I played and didn't like said game enough to own it or beat/got my fill of it. Makes me really miss the days of demos.

There's some good games available in Fanatical's Staff Picks Pick'n'Mix. If you haven't bought every single Fanatical bundle lately you'll be able to pick up some of the best games featured in recent bundles here cheaply. One game is $1, 3 for $2.49, 5 for $3.49
Again, these three new bundles Fanatical has launched this morning aren't too shabby. RPG, Strategy and Adventure Pick'n'Mix bundles. 5 for $1.99, 10 for $3.79 and 15 for $4.99.

Epic Games are giving away 6 Batman games today, the Arkham Trilogy and the LEGO Batman games. Tremendous! Making game stores competitive again!

The most fascinating thing about those EGS freebies is that they removed Denuvo from Arkham Knight, I wonder if they're going to to the same for the Steam version, I need to replay that trilogy.

I still didn't own Arkham Knight, was still holding out for a better deal. I know deals, believe me. This is a deal, a much better deal. The very best deal. Tremendous.
source.gif

EDIT:

The most fascinating thing about those EGS freebies is that they removed Denuvo from Arkham Knight, I wonder if they're going to to the same for the Steam version, I need to replay that trilogy.
Wait. Does this include the Season Pass for AK?

Are the other 2 games Complete Editions?

EDIT - Looks like Batman AA and AC are Complete Editions.

EDIT - Batman AK on Epic might not have Denuvo attached to it - https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/1628538005509803543/#c1628538005509855448

Epic Games are giving away 6 Batman games today, the Arkham Trilogy and the LEGO Batman games. Tremendous! Making game stores competitive again!
Whoa. Nice. My son will be happy to have his own copies of the LEGO games and to not need to rely on Family Share.

The Arkham games he'll need to wait on.

That said, when I saw the thumbnail last week I was hoping it would be one or more Telltale Batman games.

That said, when I saw the thumbnail last week I was hoping it would be one or more Telltale Batman games.
Oh, that would be awesome if that happens later!

EDIT:

Looks like next week's Epic Game Store Freebies are:

Metro 2033 Redux

Everything

Tomorrow is the last day of the "Convert Xbox Gold to Ultimate" offer for anyone who was dragging their heels.
Thanks for the reminder, been putting it off. I have a few of the 3 month GP promos from AMD.. need to try to figure out how to best stretch those out into ultimate.

bread's done
Back