Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I just got my first ever gaming desktop set up last night. Any recommendations of must play games from the past 25 years?
depends on your gaming tastes, but some of my "must plays" would be:

- borderlands 2

- planescape torment

- skyrim/oblivion/morrowind

- fallout new vegas

- mass effect trilogy

- dragon age origins

- dark souls 1 + 3

- witcher 3

- hollow knight

- baldur's gate 1 + 2

- divinity: original sin

- xcom

- binding of isaac

- bioshock

- prey 2017

- legend of grimrock 1 + 2

- rayman legends

- lisa

- batman arkham asylum

- thief the dark project

- portal 2

- ftl

- amnesia: the dark descent

- the sexy brutale

depends on your gaming tastes, but some of my "must plays" would be:

- borderlands 2
- planescape torment
- skyrim/oblivion/morrowind
- fallout new vegas
- mass effect trilogy
- dragon age origins
- dark souls 1 + 3
- witcher 3
- hollow knight
- baldur's gate 1 + 2
- divinity: original sin
- xcom
- binding of isaac
- bioshock
- prey 2017
- legend of grimrock 1 + 2
- rayman legends
- lisa
- batman arkham asylum
- thief the dark project
- portal 2
- ftl
- amnesia: the dark descent
- the sexy brutale
Diablo 2 and 3 (3 for the multiplayer. Everything is smooth for an ARPG. The storyline is awful though.)
Half Life 1 and 2
Portal 1 (you already listed 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic added a few new features in their latest update & have some upcoming plans to the Epic Game Launcher & Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/september-store-feature-update

Notes for what's added in latest update:
- List View for your Library added
- Improve patch sizes to reduce the download sizes
- Play-time tracking across various titles
- Game bundle support
- GPay method for those living in Turkey

Notes for upcoming features planned:
- New Storefront
- Epic Games' own In-Game Overlay
- 3D Secure for Europe
- Thai Language support

Why do racing games have to be so damn difficult these days?  I remember when driving was all about going around in a circle or driving forward until you reached the finish line.  Now, I have to worry about holding down the B button while I drift because it won't count as a drift toward building up my nitro meter while at the same time having to dodge oncoming traffic, debris in the road, and other AI cars that want to ram my car until it explodes but I'm going to end up back at 12th place anyway if I take my eyes off the road for one second.

Flatout 4 and Ridge Racer: Unbound, I'm looking at you.  :bs:

SeasonalCAG Did We Just Become RTX Brohs? Yup!

Frogs and Focus aside...

I've installed and am now preparing to test my new RTX card... Please, hold your applause (or opinions, especially the Team Red boys/girls/whatever pronoun makes you comfortable)

Anyone have suggestions on apps to test/benchmark DX12 performance/Real Time tracings? Ideally, the card should perform at/near the top of the modern gpu heap, but, as always, I'm paranoid about product quality and don't want to overclock too high/push it too hard.
3DMark Time Spy (use it to see my cpu and gpu scores against others) does DX12 and Port Royal does RTX (haven't bought or used it yet) benchmarking.
MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X1 (cause of my card I have now) for overclocking.
Asus RealBench is my stress/stability test
Others I use sometimes:
Heaven to check my fps / Cinebench when I lie to myself that I will do something besides game

This video was in my recommended watchlist and made me think to reply to you most of the things are basic but has some things to help anyone with a gpu...
https://youtu.be/cqshaJTI8FQ

PS?/Edit:

TheHangOut brohs got me looking for animated posters for the Steam beta client here is what I got so far:

4OJSPeI.gif

I think there's merit behind the fact that no developer can take away your physical copy of a game, and nobody is going to steal that game in your own house.
This is very true. However, for me, the biggest benefit of digital is that I have a trio of little monsters in my house who indiscriminately destroy whatever they can lay their grubby little hands on (and I love them more than anything). Having already had a handful of (console) discs rendered unplayable, going the digital route has been a better deal.

My gamble, otoh, is that , in the case that a game gets revoked, I'll no longer really care about that game so effectively, I would have mentally deleted it anyway. Now that I've said that, watch my copy of HuniPop disappear into the ether :(

For a newly upgraded PC just see what I'm playing on Steam and see which visual novel that rig may barely manage to run to get some recommendations!

For a newly upgraded PC just see what I'm playing on Steam and see which visual novel that rig may barely manage to run to get some recommendations!
Fanatical currently has two bundles that might interest you if you're mainly interested in visual novels. Steam keys only.

The Moe Novel Bundle starts at $5.89. I don't recognize any of these titles since I don't play visual novels myself.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/moenovel-bundle

The Aksys Bundle is $4.99. It includes two of the XBlaze games. I bought it because it also has Aegis of Earth and Mind/Zero in it as well.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/aksys-games-bundle

The best way to see if you can run the games is to check the individual profiles for the games on Steam to see what the minimum specs are.

Chrono.gg has Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered on sale today for $1.99.

https://www.chrono.gg/

It's a real mind- :censored: .
Easily worth $2.

Last 1/3rd of the game goes overboard w/ QTE's; story & character development goes way off the rails; and other non-sense...that almost ruins the experience.

Game is at its best, in the 1st 2/3rds or so.

if you're mainly interested in visual novels
Haha. If you read the niche thread you'd realize that the guy you're quoting is the resident cag VN aficionado. Could probably tell you everything about each title in that bundle.

Just found that funny - still a helpful post for anyone who hasn't seen those bundles. Anyone know if that novel bundle is all one key or separate keys for each title? It's an embarrassment that steam store has the exact same bundle.. for $2.33 more.

For anyone who’s been buying the Humble Board Game Bundles, Asmodee (the publisher for most of those games) is having a publisher sale on Steam through tomorrow, if you’ve been looking for the expansions.

Haha. If you read the niche thread you'd realize that the guy you're quoting is the resident cag VN aficionado. Could probably tell you everything about each title in that bundle.

Just found that funny - still a helpful post for anyone who hasn't seen those bundles. Anyone know if that novel bundle is all one key or separate keys for each title? It's an embarrassment that steam store has the exact same bundle.. for $2.33 more.
Yeah, I was just bringing those games to his attention since he said he had bought a new PC. I know he's a longtime CAG like many of us, and honestly, I couldn't tell one of those visual novel games from another. As far as the genres that good-old Japan helped to make famous, I prefer shmups, role-playing games, and the occasional fighting game. So, you're absolutely right on that front.

And the Fanatical bundles are typically individual Steam keys for each game. In my experience, Indiegala is the one that sometimes forces you to buy a single key that unlocks several games at once because they don't want you to resell their keys.

Bobby Prince (composer) is suing Gearbox & Valve over his music being used in Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour:

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/30/duke-nukem-3d-composer-suing-gearbox/

Notes:

- Bobby Prince did the music for DN3D, back in the day.

- Bobby Prince was paid $1 royalty from each DN3D copy sold, back in the day with Apogee.

- Bobby did not grant permission for his music to be used in the re-release.

- Bobby says that he was not compensated for the usage of 16 of his songs in this DN3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour Re-Release.

- Bobby sent a take-down notice to Valve and they did nothing, so he's suing them too.

- Interesting enough, XBOX and PlayStation aren't mentioned in this, only Steam.

- Bobby is giving Valve and Gearbox 21 days to respond.

Bobby Prince (composer) is suing Gearbox & Valve over his music being used in Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour:
https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/30/duke-nukem-3d-composer-suing-gearbox/

Notes:
- Bobby Prince did the music for DN3D, back in the day.
- Bobby Prince was paid $1 royalty from each DN3D copy sold, back in the day with Apogee.
- Bobby did not grant permission for his music to be used in the re-release.
- Bobby says that he was not compensated for the usage of 16 of his songs in this DN3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour Re-Release.
- Bobby sent a take-down notice to Valve and they did nothing, so he's suing them too.
- Interesting enough, XBOX and PlayStation aren't mentioned in this, only Steam.
- Bobby is giving Valve and Gearbox 21 days to respond.
I feel like we’re undermining his position by just repeatedly calling him Bobby, it’s a hard name to take seriously without including a last name or something.

We should be calling him Booby instead.

The questions are going to be:

Will Gearbox make a deal with Bobby Prince and this gets resolved?

Or will Gearbox not make a deal, so that Bobby Prince's music has to be pulled from the game?

Or will Gearbox not make a deal here...and just pull the game entirely for purchase from Steam and maybe other stores?

If Gearbox does decide to pull the game from Steam, then...I hope this one goes on sale dirt-cheap soon, so I can play the New Episode.

The questions are going to be:

Will Gearbox make a deal with Bobby Prince and this gets resolved?

Or will Gearbox not make a deal, so that Bobby Prince's music has to be pulled from the game?

Or will Gearbox not make a deal here...and just pull the game entirely for purchase from Steam and maybe other stores?

If Gearbox does decide to pull the game from Steam, then...I hope this one goes on sale dirt-cheap soon, so I can play the New Episode.
You seem to be dismissing the most likely option:

Booby signed a contract that lets them do this and he'll lose and nothing changes.

how do you get (Tebow) ? can you set that to whatever or is it only past aliases?
Right click on his name, go to Manage, then Add Nickname.

I've set mine to "Tebow the Prophet" since he always randomly messages "u bad boy" whenever I skip out on something or do something wrong in life.

For those who are still doing the Division 2... How's your apparel event going? I'm 22/30 in a reasonable amount of time but reddit is full of angry people over this event.

For those who are still doing the Division 2... How's your apparel event going? I'm 22/30 in a reasonable amount of time but reddit is full of angry people over this event.
It's been pretty bad for me. Most nights I'm lucky to get 1 key for every 3-4 levels I go up. Which I guess isn't awful, but I'd like 2-3 keys every now and then. I'm only at 15/30 so far.

reddit is full of angry people
FTFY

. . . in case anyone needed a reason to steer clear of reddit.

EDIT: You know, I'm not sure why exactly, but this Aliens gif really looks like it needs a soundtrack of David Lee Roth's rendition of "Just A Gigolo." Someone should make that happen.

Anyone have anecdotal experience with XFX cards?

My six year old HD7950 decided to blow a couple SMD caps that power the fans so I'm forced to slightly up-side-grade.

Because I'm poor and impatient, I'm looking at an RX-580 at Best Buy. 

EDIT:

Impatient and a little afraid more shit's gonna blow up since I'm now running it with a case fan sitting on top of the heatsink.

XFX used to produce higher tier cards but I don't hear that too often anymore.

Also I would consider looking at the "used" market for 580's as their going price has plummeted.  Recently bought a fresh rma replacement card (8gb) for $90, which I imagine is about half Best Buy is still charging.

My six year old HD7950 decided to blow a couple SMD caps that power the fans so I'm forced to slightly up-side-grade.

Because I'm poor and impatient, I'm looking at a RX-580 at Best Buy.

EDIT:

Impatient and a little afraid more shit's gonna blow up since I'm now running it with a case fan sitting on top of the heatsink.
I had an XFX R9 390X for a few years and only had good experiences.

EDIT:

You can get a 590 for $200 on newegg. I'd go for that personally. XFX makes good cards and used to have a lifetime warranty. Not sure what their warrant is like now.

You can get a 590 for $200 on newegg. I'd go for that personally. XFX makes good cards and used to have a lifetime warranty. Not sure what their warrant is like now.
Went with this... After 1 day shipping it's $20 more than bestbuy, but I feel better with Sapphire brand and it's a bit better than the 580. Plus I don't have to worry about Best Buy not having the new promo in their system, since it's not on the website yet.

EDIT:

You want the Yeston RX 580 8GB Cute Pet edition. Here's the Gamers Nexus review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGGKaX1D9Zo

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000119573801.html

Went with this... After 1 day shipping it's $20 more than bestbuy, but I feel better with Sapphire brand and it's a bit better than the 580. Plus I don't have to worry about Best Buy not having the new promo in their system, since it's not on the website yet.
Plus you get a free copy of Borderlands 3 right now so it's a great time to buy a GPU for that new promotion that just started one day ago. Not bad for 200 bones.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=amd+rx

bread's done
Back