Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
1660 Super 6GB vs. 1660 Ti 6GB vs."4GB" GTX 970.

1660 Super is usually a fair amount cheaper (i.e. around $50 normally), for almost the same type of performance (i.e. around 3-5% less). 1660 Ti seems to draw less though, if you're into the power consumption thing.

How much was the 1660 Super going for on Rakuten?

Both 1660 versions (Super and Ti) seem to be a fair upgrade over GTX 970 on the VRAM factor - i.e. 3.5 GB of fast VRAM on 970 vs. 1660 Ti 6GB vs. 1660 Super 6GB.

In performance - yep, 1660's seem to top the 970 quite a bit:.

One site - https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti/2577vs4037

Videos:

970 v. 1060 v. 1660 OC vs. 1660 Ti versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP2HgYowM6U

1660 - Regular vs. Super vs. Ti:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcZJpL_7AQ

Last edited by a moderator:
What can you tell me about AMD’s new midrange Pro 5500M card, Toaster-Man? Doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about that one out there yet.

1660 Super 6GB vs. 1660 Ti 6GB vs."4GB" GTX 970.

1660 Super is usually a fair amount cheaper (i.e. around $50 normally), for almost the same type of performance (i.e. around 3-5% less). 1660 Ti seems to draw less though, if you're into the power consumption thing.

How much was the 1660 Super going for on Rakuten?
Seems the price for a super was around $250, but I would have only earned 20% back in points (as opposed to the 30% I got from buying via Dell on Rakuten) so if you count the money back, it would be around $200, where as with the money back the TII was $190.

But on prices alone, $270 for the TI and $250 for the super. (could have gotten them a little cheaper elsewhere, saw a super for 230 the other day) but I have Rakuten points to spend.... still. Thanks for the info Mr Toaster! Now I can play "The Outer Worlds" without stutter.

@Zipo

Well, looks like all of your Rakuten gymnastics might've paid off then!

I was running The Outer Worlds at 1080p on my 6GB GTX 1060m at 60fps no problem, so...I bet you'll be running it quite a bit better than me. Enjoy the game; it's great!

And enjoy your new card, once it arrives!

1660 Ti running TOW vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE3-x8GHEMI

1660 Super prices have shot up a bit due to demand, the higher end cards starting at $239-249 with 1-2 cards hitting $270 (MSI gaming X with lights and probably the best cooler this generation so far). The best deal I saw on Newegg was a MSI vantus 1660 Super for $220. Given the Rakuten offers, not a bad deal.

The easy metric is this, out of the 1660 Super or 1660Ti, buy whichever is cheaper. The 1660 Super just came out and is popular because its the only card that Nvidia isn't completely trying to screw people over on price.

The 5500 cards, on desktop are a fart in the wind at this point. Announced 2 months ago, AMD hasn't released anything. The 5500m mobile chips seem decent so far but brand new in laptops. Likely equal to a gtx 1650/1650 Super.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-Pro-5500M-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.442754.0.html

@Souf

I haven't been following AMD on their laptop GPU's, though looks like I should look.

@Tibor

Thanks for the look-out on 5500m. Interesting stuff.

That looks solid for a 1080p 60fps gaming laptop from Notebook Check. Any idea if performance improved w/ NVidia on GR: Breakpoint PC? I played the beta...and it ran "meh" on my 6GB GTX 1060 laptop at 1080p. Lucky if I could hit 40fps.

Apparently Origin have been giving people who enabled two factor authorization a free month of Access. Got an email on the 29th saying a code had been redeemed on my Origin account and I now have a month of Access non-recurring. Tremendous! But also a weird way of telling people.  :whistle2:k

Who knows, I may even play something from the Vault. Doubt it though.

@Tibor

Thanks for the look-out on 5500m. Interesting stuff.

That looks solid for a 1080p 60fps gaming laptop from Notebook Check. Any idea if performance improved w/ NVidia on GR: Breakpoint PC? I played the beta...and it ran "meh" on my 6GB GTX 1060 laptop at 1080p. Lucky if I could hit 40fps.
Not sure. From my time in the betas for GR Breakpoint, it just doesn't run well overall (used my rx 570 4gb). Ubi actually sent me an email a couple weeks ago talking up about how they're listening to players concerns on the game and working on things to make it all better.

Apparently there is a early review on the 5500 desktop part. An OEM card meant for Dell/HP etc.. No Ghost Recon numbers but AC Odyssey doesn't look great at 25 fps 1080p, and that uses same engine as the last two GR games.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-5500/

Found on PSN:

vgL2QyN.png

qEokZjfauTqTbhyBZ7mTJ27fb3s=.gif

I'm so confused...

Anyhow, out of curiosity... Anyone play Path of Exile besides FissFiss? (And me.)
Played it a lot, deysnc drove me crazy and I quit. Supposedy they fixed the horrible desync but I have never went back to check. Fun game, loved the tree but I would have to start over if I went back. I remember nothing.

Played it a lot, deysnc drove me crazy and I quit. Supposedy they fixed the horrible desync but I have never went back to check. Fun game, loved the tree but I would have to start over if I went back. I remember nothing.
New league starts on the 13th.

But, yeah, I was gone 2 years in between characters... but even with a new character at level 50 I'm still mostly lost.

Hell yes @ RE3 Remake announcement.

I did start up RE2 Remake this past weekend. Man, that game's intense. And the graphics look great & the game runs great too.

RE2 Remake to me feels like old-school survivor-horror games w/ the inventory stuff, item combining, puzzles & scarce ammo (think early Silent Hill games like SH1/2/3 and probably all the early RE games - keep in mind, RE4 was my first RE game somehow); and the RE4/5/6 behind the character & over-the-shoulder view.

So far, RE2 Remake is awesome.

Halo: Reach PC version is out now.

• Free for members of Xbox for PC Game Pass.
  • Halo: Reach is on Steam for purchase ($10) now.
  • You can pre-order the entire Halo: MCC package ($40) on Steam...and get Halo: Reach PC now.
  • They'll release more Halo games from Halo: MCC as they go along throughout 2020.

Bolding game names
MysterD’s conversation algorithms are still trying to figure out how emphasis works.

Also I’m kinda worried that “MysterD” is one of my phone’s text completion suggestions these days. Is his program starting to infect other systems? That’s a scary thought.

MysterD’s conversation algorithms are still trying to figure out how emphasis works.

Also I’m kinda worried that MysterD is one of my phone’s text completion suggestions these days. Is his program starting to infect other systems? That’s a scary thought.
giphy.gif

<p>

Halo: Reach PC version is out now.

• Free for members of Xbox for PC Game Pass.
  • Halo: Reach is on Steam for purchase ($10) now.
  • You can pre-order the entire Halo: MCC package ($40) on Steam...and get Halo: Reach PC now.
  • They'll release more Halo games from Halo: MCC as they go along throughout 2020.
I have GamePass, but damn, $10 on Steam? That’s a hell of a price, good for them.

FWIW, while this article places the blame on Microsoft, it seems more like it's the devs fault for getting the final version of the game to Microsoft so late. They had to have known there was a certification process that could take up to a couple days.

Also, more games coming to Game Pass this month:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall

My Friend Pedro

Europa Universalis IV

Demon's Tilt

Farming Simulator 17

Pathologic 2

Faeria

Human: Fall Flat

Metro: Last Light Redux

FWIW, while this article places the blame on Microsoft, it seems more like it's the devs fault for getting the final version of the game to Microsoft so late. They had to have known there was a certification process that could take up to a couple days.
oh for sure, I dont particularly agree with that part. By this point with as large as MS is Im sure they have this down to a science and snapshot probably missed their deadline, or had something wrong with the packaging or whatever. Just using it as a reference for the delay

WinGameStore:

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition [Steam] = 77% off @ $9.19

This pack includes:

• Pillars of Eternity (base game)
  • Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 1 (expansion)
  • Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 (expansion)
  • Royal Edition's bonus content
    (Digital content includes: Avellone Novella, Digital OST, Wallpapers, High Res Game Map, Almanac, Strategy Guide, Ringtones, Collector's Book PDF, High Res Concept Art, Making of Documentary)
  • Deadfire Pack (DLC)

fantastic price on Pillars of Eternity.  The lowest that the White Marsh Pass has been is just under $12.  I had bought the vanilla version a while ago hoping that the Expansion pass would go cheaper, now it is better to buy this instead.  OST is a nice bonus.  The Novella was also supposed to be good.  Nice find MysterD!

I have POE base backlogged...and I'm probably going to buy this to collect the Expansions and Royal Edition bonuses.

Hard to pass this up.

EDIT:

Bought it.

I got an oculus go during black friday (i've been interested in trying vr for awhile, and the go was like 140 bucks on ebay). I haven't tried much but downloaded some free horror experience, i love horror movies but in vr it's fucking terrifying

I got an oculus go during black friday (i've been interested in trying vr for awhile, and the go was like 140 bucks on ebay). I haven't tried much but downloaded some free horror experience, i love horror movies but in vr it's fucking terrifying
I was interested in one of those. Nordstrom Rack had some for $50 but I couldn't find one.

December's Twitch Prime Games

• ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter
  • Hover
  • When Ski Lifts Go Wrong
  • Hue
Sherlock is an interesting addition, as it hasn't been in a bundle since being a surprise unlock in the July 2017 Humble Monthly.

Jotun is this week's Epic freebie. Next week is The Escapists.

Money spent on Epic Games Store: $0. The only free game I missed was What Remains of Edith Finch.

4U4GhVf.png

Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.

Not directed at anyone, just thought of the movie and now I want to watch it.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole is 90 percent off on Steam. Price is lower than prior discounts on Steam because the MSRP has dropped a bit recently. I'm really hoping that Watch_Dogs 2, which also got an MSRP drop, gets 90 percent off on Steam. Ubisoft can be all over the place with their discounts.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole is 90 percent off on Steam. Price is lower than prior discounts on Steam because the MSRP has dropped a bit recently. I'm really hoping that Watch_Dogs 2, which also got an MSRP drop, gets 90 percent off on Steam. Ubisoft can be all over the place with their discounts.
Totally getting South Park: TFBW, been waiting on this to go $5 or under. Only question, is the Gold Edition worth it for $8 instead?

Almost got TFBW during last week's sale. Glad I didn't, so I can probably almost get it for half the price now this week.

Is Microsoft dumb enough to not correct this mistake within the next 10 months until my current subscription runs out? Probably not. But no reason not to try.

Is Microsoft dumb enough to not correct this mistake within the next 10 months until my current subscription runs out? Probably not. But no reason not to try.
That doesn't matter too much. Since the billing is daily they can simply raise the price at any time. Nothing is locked-in, right?

bread's done
Back