Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Kids playing Fortnite and League of Legends type games say otherwise. The top end cards sell the rest of the line.
Are those kids buying their own retail 1030s and 1050s from Micro Center or are they buying the prebuilts I mentioned from system builders?

Last edited by a moderator:
All you amateur morans can't even call yourselves PC owners if you're not sporting a $49,500 desktop already. Do you even know how to run a computer if you're not buying 4 3090's to run in it? 

Yea weird, it's almost as if people don't respond very well to being repeatedly flamebaited over the years or being called an asshole Nvidia fanboy. 

that's grounds for banning on other forums. 

I've put in about 30 hours this week playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 and been loving every minute of it.  You can dip into so many different classes with all of your characters now and there are basically no drawbacks.  The loot is a lot of fun.  There are multiple ways to complete many of the quests.  Sebille the rogue has been my MVP of the first couple acts.  Larian Studios rocks.  They're right up there as one of my top3 favorite developers along with FromSoftware and CD Projekt Red.

Don't think that I'm going to be paying $59.99 for BG3 early access though.  That goes against my values.  It's really not a good look to be charging people that much for a mere 25 hour slice of content from the main game. 

I've put in about 30 hours this week playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 and been loving every minute of it. You can dip into so many different classes with all of your characters now and there are basically no drawbacks. The loot is a lot of fun. There are multiple ways to complete many of the quests. Sebille the rogue has been my MVP of the first couple acts. Larian Studios rocks. They're right up there as one of my top3 favorite developers along with FromSoftware and CD Projekt Red.

Don't think that I'm going to be paying $59.99 for BG3 early access though. That goes against my values. It's really not a good look to be charging people that much for a mere 25 hour slice of content from the main game.
I had fun with D:OS2, but then I remembered I hadn't played the first one, so I started it. The combat wasn't quite as varied, the characters weren't as interesting, and the difficulty level was punishing. Also, the murder mystery the game throws at you in the beginning is rather excruciating. After 14 hours, I had had enough. I plan to jump back into the second game in the near future and hope it has more longevity.

Well, if it goes against your principles, okay. But it's technically charging people $60 to play an early version of the game which will gradually unfold into the full game that everyone else will still have to pay $60 to play.

I'm only here for pizza pics.

EDIT:
I forgot... I'm also here to talk about mothers.
word-to-your-mother.jpg

All this gpu chatter has me wanting to build a new PC...but I keep reminding myself my gog library of win98 games doesn't care...

RUN HARE RUN said:
You play as a loving rabbit named "Roger", your task is not to let your species disappear Rakitnikov’s rabbits, «make happy» as many rabbits as possible in the allotted time. It will not be easy for you because you are in the wild, forest wolves don't mind to regale on rabbits, use your dexterity, you will require not only logic but also speed. Above each hare there is a mood indicator: in a good mood you can make love and conceive offspring, in a neutral mood - you can make love and conceive offspring, but it will take a little longer, in a bad mood - you must feed a hare to a carrot and then you will succeed.
200.gif

Better offerings in the low end requires pressure from below. In the past this has come from consoles and improved IGA. Both are going to be big pushes during 2021. A major generational leap on the console side, and big pushes from AMD and Intel on the IGA side. The best of IGA is currently limited to the laptop market, where upgrades are not an option. As those generation start becoming the entry level PC norm, there will be a lot of pressure from upgrade vendors for products appropriate to those systems. This will be increased as DDR5 adds a big boost in bandwidth to make IGA more competitive.

So things should start getting interesting again for bargain builds this time next year.

"...in a bad mood - you must feed a hare to a carrot and then you will succeed."

I'd like to see that.  Also, hares and rabbits are two distinctly different critters.  Where's the realism and accuracy in this game??

Less than 11% of Steam Surveyers use RTX 2000 series, as 73% users use NVidia, where most of those either use 1000 series (most popular series or 900 series (right behind it):

VG247 - https://www.vg247.com/2020/09/07/steam-hardware-survey-nvidia-rtx-2000-gpu-share/

KOA: Re-Reckoning info on Very Hard Mode, Difficulty Mode, Zoning, Loot, Stash, Re-Balancing, Tweaks, Pricing, Release Date, etc etc in Sept 7th update section, discounts, etc.

FAQ - https://thqnordic.com/article/faq-kingdoms-amalur-re-reckoning

Less than 11% of Steam Surveyers use RTX 2000 series, as 73% users use NVidia, where most of those either use 1000 series (most popular series or 900 series (right behind it):
VG247 - https://www.vg247.com/2020/09/07/steam-hardware-survey-nvidia-rtx-2000-gpu-share/

KOA: Re-Reckoning info on Very Hard Mode, Difficulty Mode, Zoning, Loot, Stash, Re-Balancing, Tweaks, Pricing, Release Date, etc etc in Sept 7th update section, discounts, etc.
FAQ - https://thqnordic.com/article/faq-kingdoms-amalur-re-reckoning
How many Steam surveyors use Xboner One as their graphics engine? I'm under represented.. Mah vote is bein rupressed!!

"...in a bad mood - you must feed a hare to a carrot and then you will succeed."

I'd like to see that. Also, hares and rabbits are two distinctly different critters. Where's the realism and accuracy in this game??
On that note does it mean you are killing one of them and using as fertilizer or are they hare eating carrots?

They're buying used parts, used custom builds, refurbed prebuilts with a new or used low power gpu.
Pretty sure Nvidia isn't targeting that market since Nvidia doesn't get jack from someone buying a used "Gaming Computer - Play Any Esports @ 30fps!!!" system with a 1030 off Craigslist. Like I said, Nvidia makes those cards for system builders to use and shoves some into retail boxes because why not, but that's not their targeted retail market.

Better offerings in the low end requires pressure from below.
[insert Beavis and Butthead meme here]

SiN (original game) is getting a Remaster from Nightdive.

SiN Reloaded - Trailer:
Nope.

Finish SiN: Episodes -- then, we'll talk.

On that note does it mean you are killing one of them and using as fertilizer or are they hare eating carrots?
I'm pretty sure it means rabbits f*cking carrots, so take that image back home with you.

Alright STOP...
tenor.gif

Adult Swim canceled Venture Bros.  I'd say something about how 2020 keeps on giving but honestly it is more surprising that a show that went years in between seasons lasted as long as it did.   Still a bit annoyed though, one of maybe five shows I bothered keeping up with.  

Adult Swim canceled Venture Bros. I'd say something about how 2020 keeps on giving but honestly it is more surprising that a show that went years in between seasons lasted as long as it did. Still a bit annoyed though, one of maybe five shows I bothered keeping up with.
I didn't hear about that and it's a shame. But given how long that show went on hiatuses it's probably about time. The sad thing is david bowie died in real life before they could reference to it in the show. The only positive is that it doesn't have a lot of plot threads dangling to wrap up so now is better than ending it during previous seasons.

I'm not sure where they would go with the writing though besides venture looking into his family tree. Which is odd as you'd think him and his brother would have extensive knowledge of their family given that dr. venture frequently mentioned the embarrassing stuff his dad did on his birthday in front of all his friends and relatives iirc. Maybe have Monarch and Mrs Dr. Commander Monarch have a kid since they aren't getting any younger and she could use a distraction now that she's working full time.

I'm gonna be honest. No one cares what you or anyone else think about the Venture Bros. This isn't the place to voice your feelings. Arguing here won't accomplish anything. We come here for pizza pics and deals.

And I just subbed this month for the sole purpose of playing Titanfall 2 and Unravel. On the bright side, Titanfall 2 was terrific and Unravel seems good so far.

Been taking up the mantle of playing my game library again. I'll spoiler in case you don't want to read.

This first one was Hero Generations Regen.

Played for about 45 minutes. Honestly this game has a pretty cool idea. You travel across the board a bit at a time leveling up and fighting until your generation gets old and you need to mate and move on. During that run you can get to new areas, complete quests, buy some equipment, buy some buildings that persist for a certain amount of time and can be upgraded, and eventually try to  reach a goal that must be completed in some amount of generations. It has a good enough backing, but oh does it get repetitive. It's super obvious this was a mobile application at one point. The graphics and gameplay reflect this as they are basic. Also the UI is horrible to say the least. It's a pain to build stuff and look at your quests and all. Too many actions needed to do all this. Also the game is just not super fun. In battles you add up numbers randomly from 0 to the max value of your attack and then after that you add bonuses from weapons and such. It means you can have a 100 attack and still end up with a 0 attack in the end. Garbage system that is way too random. Also to use buildings is to just go into the space they have and collect the bonuses. I made it through 2 runs and I just didn't want to go back for more. The generations things has also been done better elsewhere such as Oreshika where you have RPG battles that aren't so random at least. The sound is unremarkable as well and I don't remember a single thing about the music and the normal effects sound just OK. 5.5/10

Next is Nyan Cafe Macchiato.

This one I can some in one word and that's boring. It's a very typical visual novel where we have a down on his luck guy who has to take over a cafe after his apartment burns down. He enlists the help of 3 students who of course are interested in him. After that you get a few choices of who to put on shifts and can get some endings according to that. The 3 girls are illustrated very well and everything looks nice even for an older game. There is a lot of comedy and hijinks that go on, and it's okay enough fun for the most part. There is a tiny bit of drama now and then, but for the most part it's very light hearted. The voice actors sound really good and the music is alright.  It's not a very long game and it's easy to get all the endings and scenes. The main thing is not a super lot happens and most of the stakes are very low. It's still not terrible, but so many VNS are better. 6/10

bread's done
Back