Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I had made plans to head to Microcenter and pick up a 9700k and mobo, but the Ryzen news kiinda
Makes me rethink that a bit. Will probably still grab the 9700k and board tomorrow and maybe keep them unopened for a little bit.

(There’s no way I can do that, if I come home with those parts they are going in my computer that night)

System requirements for Watch Dogs: Legion PC revealed:
https://store.ubi.com/us/watch-dogs-legion-ultimate-edition/5cec2d9939798c0870c0769a.html?ncid=2265-1367---1-odsocmed-16-44-UbiFWwdl_FB_WDL_Ult_Store--17-2-7-0720-4-5---ID_90112-1----&maltcode=ubisoftstore_convst_odsocmed_facebook_vg__STORE__pulpt__&addinfo=Facebook+Facebook+WDL+Ultimate+Edition

WATCH DOGS LEGION PC REQUIREMENTS:

RAY TRACING ENABLED:

MINIMUM - 1920x1080, High preset, Ray Tracing Medium, DLSS Quality, DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
  • VRAM: 6 GB
  • RAM: 16GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • STORAGE: 45 GB

RECOMMENDED - 2560x1440 (1440p), Very High preset, Ray Tracing High, DLSS Quality, DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • RAM: 16GB (Dual-channel setup)

ULTRA - 3840x2160 (4K), Ultra preset, Ray Tracing Ultra, DLSS Performance, DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • VRAM: 10 GB
  • RAM: 16 GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • STORAGE: 45GB (+20 GB HD Textures Pack)

RAY TRACING DISABLED:

MINIMUM - 1920x1080, Low Preset, DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/GeForce GTX 1650
  • VRAM: 4 GB
  • RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)

RECOMMENDED - 1920x1080, High Preset, DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060/GeForce GTX 1660 Super
  • VRAM: 6 GB
  • RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)

RECOMMENDED - 2560x1440, High Preset, DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super
  • VRAM: 8 GB

ULTRA - 3840x2160 (4K), Ultra Preset DX12:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or GeForce RTX 3080
  • VRAM: 10 GB
  • STORAGE: 45GB (+20 GB HD Textures Pack)

OTHER NOTES:
  • Support for DX11 & DX12
  • Uncapped frame rate
  • In-depth customization options
  • Multi-monitor & widscreenn support
  • Nvidia RTX & DLSS 2.0
  • Dedicated benchmark with RTX support

Hmm... I had made plans to head to Microcenter and pick up a 9700k and mobo, but the Ryzen news kiinda
Makes me rethink that a bit. Will probably still grab the 9700k and board tomorrow and maybe keep them unopened for a little bit.
Its not sexy but if you're not sure what to do with your build (and your current system currently works) the best option is to punt and wait a bit.

That said at some point you have to stop looking at the future tech and just build a new system.

I've been waiting and waiting, no one waits like I do, I'm the best, the very best waiter. I'm the most patient cat the world has ever seen. I've been waiting for the tremendous Ultimate Racing 2D to go on a decent sale. It's been on sale for $4.99 many, many times. So many times, believe me. Other cats like FauciCat have said "You're wasting your time, that game is never going below $4.99!!!" but I ignored the so called "experts" and waited. I waited until I was orange in the face and now my waiting has paid off people! ULTIMATE RACING 2D IS FINALLY LESS THAN $4.99 AT $2.99!!! IN YOUR FACE FAUCICAT!!! I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG!!!!

Will probably still grab the 9700k and board tomorrow and maybe keep them unopened for a little bit.
I already have a good Z390 board with an i5-8600k in it. I found another Z390 board for $120 and bought the i7-9700k. Turned around and sold the Avengers code for $42 within three hours so $158 for the i7-9700k and I'm not complaining. The i5-8600k will go into the new board for the kid's computer.

Also picked up the $100 for 32GB DDR4

I'm weird with games with preorder bonuses like SW Squadrons. I would not have bought the game early just for the bonuses but if I pass on a preorder then later I feel like full price or anything close to it is a ripoff and do not end up getting it until it is 50% off or something. It is like preorder bonuses have a negative effect on me, they don't make me want to get the game early but they make me want to not buy it later.
I guess its possible I'm wrong but I don't think their was really any preorder bonuses with the game that are really worthwhile... I got two avatar frames for my steam profile and I guess some skins and shit for MP customization. By preorder I really meant taking a chance and grabbing it a bit cheaper from a guy wanting to clear out steam wallet. (I think I paid about $33 for it.)

I already have a good Z390 board with an i5-8600k in it. I found another Z390 board for $120 and bought the i7-9700k. Turned around and sold the Avengers code for $42 within three hours so $158 for the i7-9700k and I'm not complaining. The i5-8600k will go into the new board for the kid's computer.

Also picked up the $100 for 32GB DDR4
giphy.gif

. Turned around and sold the Avengers code for $42 within three hours
Nice, didn't realize the 9700k came with that code. Harder to resist since i have a couple of empty z370's.

Can I ask where you sold? Been needing to do something similar with a couple copies of Valhalla i have through amdrewards. The trade thread here isn't always a great experience.

Nice, didn't realize the 9700k came with that code. Harder to resist since i have a couple of empty z370's.

Can I ask where you sold? Been needing to do something similar with a couple copies of Valhalla i have through amdrewards. The trade thread here isn't always a great experience.
Sold it on eBay.

Mind you, selling codes there isn't "allowed" but obviously it happens all the time. I first got a "We detect you're selling a download code..." error when making my auction but then just cut & pasted a successful auction's text instead and it worked.

Watch with those AMD rewards -- a bunch of people here had a bunch of hassle getting their Division 2 rewards activated. There's probably a chance you'll get a buyer complaining that activation isn't working. The Avengers process is a lot simpler and less paranoia that someone unworthy might redeem a code from what I understand.

I didn't realize that the i7-9700k came with the code either but I got an email from Micro Center an hour after I bought it with the code and saying "For purchasing an i7-9700k, you get..."

Sold it on eBay.

The Avengers process is a lot simpler and less paranoia that someone unworthy might redeem a code from what I understand.
I suspect it would have to be or nobody would bother.. Its sinking like a rock and I got to imagine SE is just happy someone is playing it rather they got full cut or not from them. Just out of curiosity how much did you fleece someone for that code?

Just out of curiosity how much did you fleece someone for that code?
$40 was my sell price but then eBay added sales tax and I was sent $42 through Paypal.

It sold within hours so I almost felt like I left money on the table but I was happy to just sell it fast and get it over with than worry about another five bucks. For all I know, I just got lucky with someone who wanted a code then and there.

Besides the one person that bought the key from Syntax, is anyone even playing this Avengers "Live Service" PC game?

W/ player numbers dwindling and all, smells like Anthem all over again.

I actually just installed the Avengers code and it was a huge pain in the ass.  First you have to make some sort of weird Intel account.   Answer a questionnaire and give them some permissions.  Then that gives you a code that you have to drop at your Square Enix webstore account.  So you need to have an active login to SE.  Which then they give you a Steam code finally.  You get to install the game finally after receiving three different codes and signing up for two services.   Do not want. 

Reply: Avengers "Live Service" game code non-sense.

Geez. Sounds like a bunch of circus acrobatics, trapeze work, and hoop-jumping right there...just to get your game-key. Talk about a 3-ring circus there.

All just so you can play...a game that NOBODY is even playing.

For those here going after Z390 or Z370 mobo's or already have them, what do you guys have or recommend for that Z390 or Z370 to go w/ the i7 9700K? I'm looking at something with a max-out of 64GB of RAM or even 128GB of RAM b/c....oh, why the heck not?

Also, what about for full-sized cases? I love my HUGE HAF 932 Cooler Master from my aging custom-built i7 950/GTX 970/16 GB/W7 x64 desktop - and would like something similar w/ tons of room, space, features, big fans, and whatnot. Any good ones you guys recommend?

Also, how are the Noctua NH-D15 coolers? Anything similar that's good also?

I did buy a $40 code at launch, but only because I was interested in the single player and I tend to buy into hype at the last possible moment. It isn't bad, but only solidifies my feelings that yep, I don't care about superheroes. 

Still, it's a shame to see Crystal Dynamics go from Rise of the Tomb Raider to...this.

For those here going after Z390 or Z370 mobo's or already have them, what do you guys have or recommend for that Z390 or Z370 to go w/ the i7 9700K? I'm looking at something with a max-out of 64GB of RAM or even 128GB of RAM b/c....oh, why the heck not?

Also, what about for full-sized cases? I love my HUGE HAF 932 Cooler Master from my aging custom-built i7 950/GTX 970/16 GB/W7 x64 desktop - and would like something similar w/ tons of room, space, features, big fans, and whatnot. Any good ones you guys recommend?

Also, how are the Noctua NH-D15 coolers? Anything similar that's good also?
It's hard to recommend getting onto a 9700K if you aren't already on that platform. The processor is at a great steal right now but you're also going to be stuck with 8 threads for awhile which is concerning. It's the whole reason that I've been thinking about upgrading my 6C/6T processor every waking day since 24 months ago when I bought it.

At only $199.99 my recommendation would be to try and buy the best, cheapest motherboard that you can get for around $100 and don't spend any more than that.

FWIW I don't expect this Microcenter sale to last for that much longer either. Maybe it will go through Dec. But it could also be finished tomorrow. The previous two times the 9900K dropped to $349 it didn't even last a week. Best to jump on it now and then take the 30day return period to mull things over, if you're considering it. These prices haven't even budged on Amazon so it's a retailer-specific sale. Prolly just to sell off excess inventory before AMD CPUs get announced in a few days. This is an enormous price disparity between MC and Amazon/Newegg.

D, something like this that was just posted, but I'd try to find something that's a little bit more on closeout pricing.  There should be some good sales and clearances in the coming weeks.  I'll post if I see anything. 

But you really ought to jump on that processor right away if you're seriously considering it. 

For those here going after Z390 or Z370 mobo's or already have them, what do you guys have or recommend for that Z390 or Z370 to go w/ the i7 9700K?
After a bios update there is no discernable difference between a z370 or z390 board. I would just go with the best power delivery you can find. The main problem is that the window for cheap z370/z390 boards seems to be well over. Seeing no good options below $100, I would probably buy another z390 Taichi if I needed to buy a new one today. The one I had matched the overclocking performance of my Maximus X Formula on both ram (4000) and cpu (9900k). I also get a lot of complete manufacturer b-stock off AWD, and from a quick search there's a decent MSI board at $105.

or even 128GB of RAM b/c....oh, why the heck not?
$.

The MSI board I linked earlier had good reviews and was $119 from Amazon.  If your local Micro Center has one for about the same price, you can get another $20 off by bundling it with the processor.  It comes up on their web store but my local MC didn't have any -- and didn't have a ton of Z370/390 selection to start with.  Though they did have an odd amount of open box boards if you wanted to go that route, I guess.

My other board is whatever the (not!) top of the line Asus Z390 gaming board was (Prime, Prime-A, whatever).  So the i7-9700k deal worked for me since I can upgrade my current system and then turn around and rebuild my kid's "new" system all for a total of $379 (CPU+MB+RAM).  If someone wanted to wait for Ryzen stuff, etc I wouldn't think them wrong for it but, in my specific case, this all worked out very nicely for me.

Now he just needs to wait for me to find a RTX 3080 so he can inherit my GTX 1080 :)

If you can get onto this platform for $300 out the door (mobo + cpu) then that's a great deal.  Otherwise you might as well start looking for a cheap X570 board and wait a few months to do a full Ryzen 5600/5800X build ($500-$600). 

Gotta go full clearance or else get new tech.  Choose a path. 

I'd put both the MSI Pro and Asus Prime boards low-mid tier.  The Prime line of boards is nowhere close to being the top of the line Asus product.  In recent generations, Prime boards are a stripped down redesign of the TUF.

That said, a $175 net 9700k (assuming no ebay claim opens) is pretty amazing.  That was a nice turn.

The MSI board I linked earlier had good reviews and was $119 from Amazon. If your local Micro Center has one for about the same price, you can get another $20 off by bundling it with the processor.

My other board is whatever the top of the line Asus Z390 gaming board was (Prime, Prime-A, whatever). So the i7-9700k deal worked for me since I can upgrade my current system and then turn around and rebuild my kid's "new" system all for a total of $379 (CPU+MB+RAM). If someone wanted to wait for Ryzen stuff, etc I wouldn't think them wrong for it but, in my specific case, this all worked out very nicely for me.

Now he just needs to wait for me to find a RTX 3080 so he can inherit my GTX 1080 :)
I didn't really care about getting one at launch, but with CP2077 coming soon and their absurdly limited availability, it's become something of an obsession to get a 3080. Subscribing to several reddits, stock availability sites, 2 twitters and a discord has gotten me no closer to getting a card, though. It's starting to feel like it'd be easier to lose your virginity to convent of nuns than lay hands on one of these guys at/near msrp.

After a bios update there is no discernable difference between a z370 or z390 board. I would just go with the best power delivery you can find. The main problem is that the window for cheap z370/z390 boards seems to be well over. Seeing no good options below $100, I would probably buy another z390 Taichi if I needed to buy a new one today. The one I had matched the overclocking performance of my Maximus X Formula on both ram (4000) and cpu (9900k). I also get a lot of complete manufacturer b-stock off AWD, and from a quick search there's a decent MSI board at $105.

$.
That seems to be the thing: finding a Z370 or Z390 at $100 or less w/ 64GB or 128MB for the maximum allowed is...not easy. Not as easy as I was hoping for here.

I need a whole new rig here entirely from scratch - new case; new fans; new PSU; new GPU; new RAM; M.2-based SSD drive for OS drive; Windows 10; everything.

And the whole Ryzen 5600 versions at $220 rumor, which supposedly beating out 10600K or 10700K isn't helping either. Feels like...it's slowing down my decision-making here.

EDIT:

The MSI board I linked earlier had good reviews and was $119 from Amazon. If your local Micro Center has one for about the same price, you can get another $20 off by bundling it with the processor. It comes up on their web store but my local MC didn't have any -- and didn't have a ton of Z370/390 selection to start with. Though they did have an odd amount of open box boards if you wanted to go that route, I guess.
Nope, my local MC doesn't have it; sold out -

https://www.microcenter.com/product/512751/msi-z390-a-pro-intel-lga-1151-atx-motherboard

After seeing the 5600 announcement for 2021 sometime, I wish I had bought the 3600 last month for $155 instead. I don't want to spend $300 on a 5600x. I already have an Asus TUF Gaming x570-plus wifi, a 512gb 970 evo nvme for boot, a 2tb pny nvme for games, 32gb of micron e-die ram and now just need a good deal on a cpu again.

Current pc's are an i7-2600k and an i7-920, so it's definitely time for an upgrade.

I'm lazy so I usually do a full replacement/new build every 3-5 years.  Although, this time, I will keep my PSU (EVGA 750w gold), case, and kewl RGB fans!  Thinking 2022 or so for new CPU, GPU, Mobo, RAM, and SSD given the pace of technology and how far backlogged I am with games from the last few years.

I wish we had Microcenter around here.  Fine with an 8700k for now, I have more important things I want to do than upgrade my pc again but just in general.  They have some nice deals and with Newegg not being great anymore it seems to be one of the best places to get deals these days.

If you used Nanodefender, get rid of it now.  It sold and is malware now.  Might want to delete all cookies and revisit sites you used if you had it installed?  Still reading up on it but there is more info here.

I wish we had Microcenter around here. Fine with an 8700k for now, I have more important things I want to do than upgrade my pc again but just in general. They have some nice deals and with Newegg not being great anymore it seems to be one of the best places to get deals these days.

If you used Nanodefender, get rid of it now. It sold and is malware now. Might want to delete all cookies and revisit sites you used if you had it installed? Still reading up on it but there is more info here.
I just wish my Microcenter was closer; like 5-10 minutes away. You know, not some 40-50 minutes away. And that it didn't involve me having to go into Boston. Ugh, Storrow Drive's a mess too. Cambridge is usually traffic city too.

I just wish my Microcenter was closer; like 5-10 minutes away. You know, not some 40-50 minutes away. And that it didn't involve me having to go into Boston. Ugh, Storrow Drive's a mess too. Cambridge is usually traffic city too.
I used to work near BU and that microcenter was on my way home. I used to stop in all the time.

Now I'm some 25 minutes away and only go for really special deals or buying a lot.

I really wish they were doing curbside pickup. I don't want to be political, but a "drive-through" experience would really make that store 10x better when you don't have the time to spend 3 hours looking at every floor model case and open-box motherboard in the joint.

I used to work near BU and that microcenter was on my way home. I used to stop in all the time.

Now I'm some 25 minutes away and only go for really special deals or buying a lot.

I really wish they were doing curbside pickup. I don't want to be political, but a "drive-through" experience would really make that store 10x better when you don't have the time to spend 3 hours looking at every floor model case and open-box motherboard in the joint.
That's what it feels like: it's every years, I end up going to MC b/c of some "deal" of some kind. Ain't been in there, in a few (years), TBH.

Mine did fine with the internet pick-up.  I had ordered my stuff on Saturday, got around to showing up on Monday and my actual time spent getting my order was just a few minutes (plus another 20min of browsing around the store before going to the pick-up area but that's on me).  Not curb-side but I could have been in and out in under 5min if I had wanted to.

25 minutes away is better than 325 minutes away!

Mine is like 25 minutes away also, I think...  I only really go when I need something but thats just me in general.  I don't really browse a store anymore and probably wouldn't except for when it comes to buy a new mouse...   Luckily, that's not soon...  as my design is discontinued and expensive as all fuck now.  Damn Logitech.

My parents live ~25 minutes from a MC, so it's always tempting to give them a visit and go to MC or have them pick me up something and I'll grab it the next time I'm in town. I'm not really into visiting them in times of COVID though especially when they haven't been as careful with the virus as I have. I'm only a couple hours from my parents so it doesn't quite seem worth them mailing anything. I live pretty close to a Fry's, but they seem pretty pathetic nowadays. 

I saw that Amazon has physical Cyberpunk for $10 off. Apparently they've had that price for most of the year, so not really news, but I was watching the last couple videos posted for Cyberpunk and I think I might preorder it. Knowing that I'm probably going to get that puts a little more of a timeline on me getting a new PC. The minimum/recommended requirements for Cyberpunk seem relatively low, but I know I'll want a better machine to play that game.

PSA: I know that no one uses the Epic Game Store, but the $10 off of a $14.99 game purchase coupon expires on 10/31/2020.
I do, it's a great store. I'm hoping they have a halloween sale. If not, there's a few $15ish games I could use it on.

I feel like part of MC's and Fry's market analysis is figuring out where all their customers are and then leasing space that's the least convenient for them. In Texas, I was lucky to have a Fry's about 20-25 minutes away. The MC was in Dallas and I never went.

In Houston, both Fry's were on the outskirt's of town and required a maze of backtracking once you got off the interstate.

In Seattle, Fry's was stuck in an island between two interstates that required loops and exits galore. Never went.

In Atlanta, Fry's and MC were both about 45-50 minutes away on opposite sides of town from each other. Never went. Paid more to order my components from Amazon and Newegg when I upgraded rather than deal with traffic in Atlanta.

I still haven't went to a MC. I haven't had a need to upgrade here in San Diego so I have no clue if they have Fry's or MC and where they might be.

Why can't they make some sort of Marvel Avengers / X-men deckbuilder or roguelike RPG?   Do you know how easy that would be to develop and how incredibly well it would sell? Make a great small scope game like all these other devs are doing and sell it for 25 bucks, with no bullshit MTXs or DLC attachments. 

Too bad these brand name Disney franchises (Star Wars, Marvel) are mostly only used to grab cash from people. 

bread's done
Back