Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yup, we've got another generation of video cards where you get upsold into the next performance tier. But hey, its the new "ultimate 1080p" video card... for $400+. Thats $100 more than 11 months ago with the 5600XT and 2060S.
You can hardly blame them when they are sold out everywhere. *shrug*

Yeah and that seems unlikely to be beat easily since cheese isn't exactly easy to get in other places. I can only imagine the taste of so many competing cheeses.

You can hardly blame them when they are sold out everywhere. *shrug*
3060 Ti launch seems to be doing better Day One. At least my local Micro Center shows 125 cards in stock on the shelf, if not more (Founders Edition shows "25+" as the quantity). I'm sure they'll sell down quickly but it's not a "five cards counts as a launch" situation.

Managed to snag a 3060ti and a 3080 from Best Buy this morning. I'll tell you what, anyone who says that you can't be more productive when you telework is full of ****.

I snagged a 3060Ti, not sure if I want it or wait for the 3080Ti...would need a new power supply...

Got a 34" 1440p 100Hz ultrawide, think the 3080Ti would be better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultrawide 1440p (which I also use as my primary gaming display) is 3440 x 1440, a more demanding than standard 1440p.  Basically add 15-20% on top of standard 1440p benchmarks to get an idea.

Anyway, 3060ti should plenty fine outside of heavy raytracing applications.

Had a 3080 ventus in my BBY cart twice this morning which led to checkout crashes and an empty cart.  Can't wait to see the new 3080 + Battlefield key "bundles" for $1,499.

Such a click bait title, especially considering it has exactly zero benchmarks or any quantitative data beyond price and model numbers.

Here, I'll write one.

"The 3060Ti has a lot in common with other great cards. It starts with a 30, like the 3090. It also has a Ti at the end, like the record breaking 1080Ti did back in the day. Therefore we can conclude that the 3060Ti is the top of the line GPU, and while it is 30 less than the 3090, it has a Ti"

Such a click bait title, especially considering it has exactly zero benchmarks or any quantitative data beyond price and model numbers.
Well, to be fair, they link to a more in depth review in the article. I think this article was meant to be a TL:DR for people who just wanted the opinion and not all the technical stuff.

Ultrawide 1440p (which I also use as my primary gaming display) is 3440 x 1440, a more demanding than standard 1440p. Basically add 15-20% on top of standard 1440p benchmarks to get an idea.

Anyway, 3060ti should plenty fine outside of heavy raytracing applications.

Had a 3080 ventus in my BBY cart twice this morning which led to checkout crashes and an empty cart. Can't wait to see the new 3080 + Battlefield key "bundles" for $1,499.
This is why I'm not sure which to go with as I knew ultrawide was more demanding then what the 1440p reviews tested. Though, anything would be an upgrade from the 1070 I got.

It seems one of the CAG forum users just got their steam account hacked. Other folks have contacted him via PM, but so people know, if you get a random request asking you to 'vote for my team', do not click on the links! One of them will try to get you to log in with your Steam username and password, with a fake Steam OpenID page.

The domains that the hacker used are:

Intelproleague DOT COM (registered today)

Intelopenauth DOT COM (registered yesterday)

That second one was what tried to get me to log in. Again, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS. Be careful. fucking scammers.

It seems one of the CAG forum users just got their steam account hacked.
That was me, and it was Mnenoch (sp?) that got me. Sorry, I was multitasking, and got fooled, and I should know better. Thanks to those who messaged me on here and discord for the heads up. Sorry again.

That was me, and it was Mnenoch (sp?) that got me. Sorry, I was multitasking, and got fooled, and I should know better. Thanks to those who messaged me on here and discord for the heads up. Sorry again.
If you see a message from me declaring you hacker scum that should die please note I sent that before realizing you were hacked.

It seems one of the CAG forum users just got their steam account hacked. Other folks have contacted him via PM, but so people know, if you get a random request asking you to 'vote for my team', do not click on the links! One of them will try to get you to log in with your Steam username and password, with a fake Steam OpenID page.

The domains that the hacker used are:

Intelproleague DOT COM (registered today)

Intelopenauth DOT COM (registered yesterday)

That second one was what tried to get me to log in. Again, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS. Be careful. fucking scammers.
I got that too; I was going to vote for his team also :(

I figured it was a scam, no google hits on that domain and registered in the last 1-2 days per whois. Legit SSL cert also. It too me to a white page, never got the Steam login prompt.

Managed to snag a 3060ti and a 3080 from Best Buy this morning. I'll tell you what, anyone who says that you can't be more productive when you telework is full of ****.
don't you use a program or something?

I've had five tabs open for two months and still haven't been able to score an RTX 3080.

For the people discussing Cyberpunk pricing, the physical version which includes a Gog key has been going for $50 for awhile depending where you get it. It's currently that price at Walmart.com and has been that price most of the year at Amazon. Amazon started listing it as sold out a few weeks ago though.

With the physical version you get some physical and digital extras:

• physical items: Case with game code and soundtrack CDs, World Compendium detailing the game's setting and lore, postcards from Night City, map of Night City, stickers
  • Digital goodies included: Game soundtrack, art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, wallpapers for desktop and mobile

For the people discussing Cyberpunk pricing, the physical version which includes a Gog key has been going for $50 for awhile depending where you get it. It's currently that price at Walmart.com and has been that price most of the year at Amazon. Amazon started listing it as sold out a few weeks ago though.

With the physical version you get some physical and digital extras:

• physical items: Case with game code and soundtrack CDs, World Compendium detailing the game's setting and lore, postcards from Night City, map of Night City, stickers
  • Digital goodies included: Game soundtrack, art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, wallpapers for desktop and mobile
Thanks I didn't know this! I had the xbox version preordered but cancelled that earlier when I was able to order my 3060ti. Went ahead and preordered with Walmart.

Nvidia: Hey, here's a card that gives you superior performance to the $700 RTX 2080 Super for just over half the price

Gamers: How come this card isn't $75?? I once bought a Voodoo2 from a newspaper ad for $50 and used it for 12 years. Such a scam.
Nvidia in Sept. 2018: Hey, here's a card for $700 that we're going to upgrade in 6 months for about the same price, that costs the same as a 1080ti did last year. But its not much faster than a 1080ti, well the Super model will be better... in 6 months. Oh, and some cards early on had space invader bugs.

The new 2080ti will cost $999 msrp but most cards will be $1200+. Oh, and we're going to basically upgrade the x60/70/80 cards in 6 months because we're scared of competition this round.

Would you like a new ultimate 1080p card? It will cost $25-100 more this generation and have the same amount of ram. In fact, if you have a 900 card you might be better off getting a used 1070/80/ti.

Gamers: Uh, no thanks.

A reminder: Please turn on Two Factor Authentication with Steam. Your libraries must be HUGE by now. Be careful!

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478#steamguard
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $85999 ($22820 with sales)
  • Games owned: 16535
  • Games played: 5385 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 25,808.8h

tenor.gif

Missed the "haul" post train but:

Steam
Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Had enough card bux to finally pull the trigger on Persona: Military Academy.

Missed the "haul" post train but:

Steam
Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Had enough card bux to finally pull the trigger on Persona: Military Academy.
I ignored the sale completely as I was finishing CSIV on console. Have you played any of the previous kiseki games?

Next for me is Dragon Quest XI S on pc gamepass tomorrow!

Nothing really to do with Steam so I figured this belonged here.

First read this...

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisofts-personalized-stats-videos-are-hilarious-if-you-havent-spent-much-time-playing-ubisoft-games/

And then go to my PoopySoft highlight reel.... Yeah.... Something is wacked here

https://ubisoftconnect.com/wrapup/en-US/r/0777ddda1d0912427e1cd265dfa8699973d58daf

Or ignore it all and talk about stuffing MysterD's mom's pineapple with your pepperonis...
1000 exclusive rewards! All pineapple pizzas.

I ignored the sale completely as I was finishing CSIV on console. Have you played any of the previous kiseki games?

Next for me is Dragon Quest XI S on pc gamepass tomorrow!
No. Like a true CAG, I own at least the first Trails in the Sky, but never played it. It was Cold Steel's Persona-like aspects that drew me to it, then I found out that Sky didnt have a lot of those mechanics. I finally admitted to myself that there is no chance that I play through all the Sky series, so I'm just going to start Cold Steel.

I own at least the first Trails in the Sky, but never played it. It was Cold Steel's Persona-like aspects that drew me to it, then I found out that Sky didnt have a lot of those mechanics.
Understood. I was also a persona fan first. There's a particular scene in Sky the 3rd that is a direct setup of Cold Steel's events that I recommend to people starting with CS1. Also just be aware that after the halfway point in CSI, the voiceover will allude to a small side story but say "that's a story for another time." These were initially jp audio only but later made available through official translations here (there's one for CSII as well).

Epic Store Freebies:

This Week:

• Cave Story +
Description: "Arguably the most well-known indie game of all time."

Um, yeah, a claim that dumb would definitely prompt arguments. So I suppose it's "arguable" in that way. If they mean "arguable" in the sense that a reasonable case could be made for such a claim, no.

As to which is the most well-known indie game of all time ... gee whiz, that sure is a tough one ...

XpcR6Ka.png

The new bundle over at Fanatical is pretty good for $1.99, in the unlikely even that you don't have everything in it already.

As to which is the most well-known indie game of all time ... gee whiz, that sure is a tough one ...
Hey, you've never been in my kid's room with his Cave Story+ toys and Cave Story+ Lego sets and Cave Story+ backpack/lunchbox set and Cave Story+ sheets and Cave Story+ pajamas and Cave Story+ stuffed animals and...

Finished building my new computer a couple days ago. On the same day I got an invite to Amazon Luna and received in the mail the 6 PS4 games I bought during Gamestop's B1G1 BF deal. The Luna invite is a 1 week trial that I have to start within a week and I've been patiently waiting to play Control, so I definitely want to try that out. 

Guess I'll break in my new computer this weekend by cloud gaming and playing games on my PS4.

Microsoft is the best indie studio and no one can argue that!
Even if we say that later acquisition disqualifies it (I disagree since there's a reason why MS spent a bajillion dollars to buy it but whatever), I'd go with Angry Birds as best known indie. If we disqualify that, you still have plenty of titles like Terraria or FTL that would take the crown.

Or Woodle Tree Adventures. Everyone owns a copy of Woodle Tree Adventures.

bread's done
Back