Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Go find people playing CP2077 on consoles and point at them until they get angry!
giphy.gif

Here's a 38" 4K curved ultrawide monitor for you nouveau riche Cyberspunk owners and your 3000xxx cardz: https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/6q8t

If your wives start complaining, just tell them that you need it for making sure the CP2077 hooker has a wumbo dong before you pick her up. Monitor shouldn't be the only thing curved, if you know what I'm sayin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Appreciate that.

Have:

8GB ASUS Dual-fan GeForce RTX 3070 OC

Want:

All of the following listed below altogether:

- $1,000,000

- Cyberpunk 2077 PC version

- A new mansion
Joke's on you. I traded my firstborn for one.

I've only played a couple of hours of Cyberpunk, and that's in part because it just isn't that compelling. That may be a personal problem. I'm struggling to find too many games things that I'm drawn to spending hours and hours on at the moment. Miles Morales was more Spider-Man, and I really enjoyed Spider-Man. The gameplay under the neon-vomit color scheme and pseudo-GIbson neologisms just isn't grabbing me. It's certainly not as interesting or fun as The Witcher. :shrug:

Here's a 38" 4K curved ultrawide monitor for you nouveau riche Cyberspunk owners and your 3000xxx cardz: https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/6q8t

If your wives start complaining, just tell them that you need it for making sure the CP2077 hooker has a wumbo dong before you pick her up. Monitor shouldn't be the only thing curved, if you know what I'm sayin...
Dude, my entire PC (around $1635) almost cost that much!

"Hell no" @ that price.

($1540 for that monitor).

Cities: Skylines is first Epic unlock. Remember, new game each day.

EDIT: Also, you get a $10 coupon when you "buy" it.

This might be some of the best deals at Epic on some games, after the $10 coupon is in usage:

Disco Elysium (which later should gets free upgrade to Final Cut version next year) = $14

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order = $14

Star Wars: Squadrons = $24

Crysis: Remastered = $8

State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition = $8

Mafia 1: Definitive (Remake) = $20

Death Stranding = $20

Red Dead Redemption 2 = $30.19

Some games end up at $5 or so after the coupon:

Afterparty

Ancestors

Rune II: Decapitation Edition

EDIT:

I screwed-up, thinking some stuff was $15 or so. So, I fixed the 2nd part of this post.

Sorry, I malfunctioned at some junction. Too many crossed wires or something.

Or bad hard-drive sectors and failure.

Is the Ubisoft coupon still a thing? Seeing good prices in the Ubi sale (especially if you add a cheap skin as a second item to get an additional 20% off), but a $10 coupon would make it even sweeter.

Is the Ubisoft coupon still a thing? Seeing good prices in the Ubi sale (especially if you add a cheap skin as a second item to get an additional 20% off), but a $10 coupon would make it even sweeter.
Doesn't work, sadly. You can apply the $10 coupon to a sale price and bring a $40 game to $30 but you can't combine a $10 coupon with any additional offers or discounts (take 21% off when you add an extra game)

I have fiber so it isn't a time issue or a cap issue but yeah, I'm sick of games that update to add a little bit and it is nearly the size of the install.  I get it with something like an MMO expansion that tacks on what basically amounts to an entire stand-alone game at the end of the already existing content, but why the hell do these updates that add a small dlc or just some holiday themed stuff end up being tens of gigabytes?  I hate it and rarely is it explained.  

This might be some of the best deals at Epic on some games, after the $10 coupon is in usage:

Some games b/c they're probably "too low after $10 coupon", end up w/ a $5 minimum price-tag:

Afterparty

Ancestors

Wait, what? You can use the $10 coupon on games under $15 and it will ring up at $5?

Wait, what? You can use the $10 coupon on games under $15 and it will ring up at $5?
Well technically yes, it's a $14.99 minimum. But anything under that, the coupon doesn't apply. Which is why CDP lists Witcher 3 at $14.98.

You guys touted Fanatical's superiority too much, now they're making bad bundles just like Humble: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/nitro-bundle
FAKE NEWS! That's a BEAUTIFUL BUNDLE!

GRID
Project CARS Game of the Year Edition
FIA European Truck Racing Championship
TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
GRIP: Combat Racing
GRIP: Combat Racing - Artifex Car Pack
Redout: Enhanced Edition
Redout - Back to Earth Pack
Redout - Space Exploration Pack
Redout - Neptune Pack
Redout - VERTEX Pack
Redout - Mars Pack

all for $4.99? BEAUTIFUL YUGE RACING BUNDLE!!!

Disco Elysium (which later should gets free upgrade to Final Cut version next year) = $14

Death Stranding = $20

Some games b/c they're probably "too low after $10 coupon", end up w/ a $5 minimum price-tag:

Afterparty

Ancestors

Why would anyone buy anything from Epic? All those games will be free eventually. Listen to me, I have a yuge a-brain and say the smartest things with the very best words!

Nope.

Order a game that is like a small bit over that $14.99 thresh-hold.

Say it's $15.19 (before coupon).

It would be 19 cents after $10 coupon.

Epic ain't have that; automatically costs $5.

EDIT:

Whoops. Bug in my system.

$10 off, not $15.

It's interesting because I haven't even touched Cyberpunk because I'm so hooked on Death Stranding but now that there's Cyberpoop DLC in Death Stranding I'm going to delete it from my PC and stop playing games forever. I'm OUT!

Nope.

EDIT:
$10 off, not $15.
I have no use for a calculator than can’t into maths, MysterD.

It's interesting because I haven't even touched Cyberpunk because I'm so hooked on Death Stranding but now that there's Cyberpoop DLC in Death Stranding I'm going to delete it from my PC and stop playing games forever. I'm OUT!
Truly the only way to win is not to play the game.

Well technically yes, it's a $14.99 minimum. But anything under that, the coupon doesn't apply. Which is why CDP lists Witcher 3 at $14.98.
Nope.

EDIT:

$10 off, not $15.
Still not completely sure I understand what MysterD was trying to say.

My understanding is and always has been that the coupon simply doesn't apply at all, whatsoever, to games that are not at least $14.99. Just like Insomniac said.

MysterD seemed to have been saying that this coupon will apply to games (presumably above $4.99 and) below $14.99, albeit with the game automatically costing $4.99 after applying the coupon. Which would obviously make the coupon way better.

I thought he was either confused or had lucked into some sort of glitch. I guess he was just confused.

FAKE NEWS! That's a BEAUTIFUL BUNDLE!

GRID
Project CARS Game of the Year Edition
FIA European Truck Racing Championship
TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
GRIP: Combat Racing
GRIP: Combat Racing - Artifex Car Pack
Redout: Enhanced Edition
Redout - Back to Earth Pack
Redout - Space Exploration Pack
Redout - Neptune Pack
Redout - VERTEX Pack
Redout - Mars Pack

all for $4.99? BEAUTIFUL YUGE RACING BUNDLE!!!
Honestly, that is a beautiful bundle. I may pick it up just for redout add-ons and to get my kid the redout base game.

Death Stranding = $20

Afterparty
Ancestors
Definitely in for Disco Elysium. Debating Fallen Order and Mafia.

So I got banned from xbox for "asking for too many refunds", oddly they gave me all refunds I asked for, then just permantely banned me and I lost my gaming library of 3 years.

Would a gaming PC with a  I3-10100F - GTX 1650 4GB run something as Cyberpunk kinda like on a ps4 pro or do I need something better? Thanks!

Joke's on you. I traded my firstborn for one.

I've only played a couple of hours of Cyberpunk, and that's in part because it just isn't that compelling. That may be a personal problem. I'm struggling to find too many games things that I'm drawn to spending hours and hours on at the moment. Miles Morales was more Spider-Man, and I really enjoyed Spider-Man. The gameplay under the neon-vomit color scheme and pseudo-GIbson neologisms just isn't grabbing me. It's certainly not as interesting or fun as The Witcher. :shrug:
If you're looking for a game to try, have you played Control? Just finished it after putting in 50 hours. Great game. Feels like being in a supernatural sci fi horror mystery show.

So I got banned from xbox for "asking for too many refunds", oddly they gave me all refunds I asked for, then just permantely banned me and I lost my gaming library of 3 years.

Would a gaming PC with a I3-10100F - GTX 1650 4GB run something as Cyberpunk kinda like on a ps4 pro or do I need something better? Thanks!
I mean, that would run it probably but not super well. What's your budget for a PC?

I mean, that would run it probably but not super well. What's your budget for a PC?
In USD maybe 600 is what Id spent, tho I travel alot so maybe a notebook would be better.. if we can travel again anytime soon. Basically Id like something that is a little better than a normal xbox one or ps4. It doesnt need to be alot better.

Still not completely sure I understand what MysterD was trying to say.

My understanding is and always has been that the coupon simply doesn't apply at all, whatsoever, to games that are not at least $14.99. Just like Insomniac said.

MysterD seemed to have been saying that this coupon will apply to games (presumably above $4.99 and) below $14.99, albeit with the game automatically costing $4.99 after applying the coupon. Which would obviously make the coupon way better.

I thought he was either confused or had lucked into some sort of glitch. I guess he was just confused.
Confused. Said it in the edit.

For some reason, I was thinking it was $15 off, not $10.

I must be losing it.

Sorry about the malfunction.

EDIT:

I asked on Reddit about Fallen Order.

Seems like Fallen Order requires on Epic both Epic and Origin installed & running in the background at the same time.

"Ugh" @ multiple hoops to jump here.

I asked on Reddit about Fallen Order.

Seems like Fallen Order requires on Epic both Epic and Origin installed & running in the background at the same time.

"Ugh" @ multiple hoops to jump here.

Would a gaming PC with a I3-10100F - GTX 1650 4GB run something as Cyberpunk kinda like on a ps4 pro or do I need something better? Thanks!
Though, can't find straight up vids of GTX 1650's running it.

Namely, 1650 Supers are running it.

This could give us an idea, if we know difference b/t 1650 regulars and 1650 Supers, in general - which looks like at same settings in some games, can be 10-20 frames or so - yeah, Ouch; Super looks much improved.

Check these out below.

Looks like 720p50-60fps at Medium or Low:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudQ4a1qmRc

Low (left) v. Ultra (right):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3qDS2rW6Fo

EDIT:

If you're looking for a game to try, have you played Control? Just finished it after putting in 50 hours. Great game. Feels like being in a supernatural sci fi horror mystery show.
I'll also vouch for Control, if you want a somewhat open-world shooter w/ some really cool mechanics (telekinesis everything and flying, once you earn those skills) with a really gonzo story & characters. That game's freakin' awesome. Loved the base-game.

I should tackle the DLC's, now that I got my new rig.

Though, can't find straight up vids of GTX 1650's running it.
There's videos of 1650s running it. Not "well" -- you'll need to lower the settings, resolution or both.

This is a pretty awful time to price out a new system since component scarcity is hurting the market and driving up the price of even lower end video cards. With a $600 budget, I'd sell $50 worth of plasma and buy this. That's hoping the $600 doesn't need to cover the monitor.

Unfortunate that they wouldn't just ban you from future refunds.

Would you share the number of total refunds requested and the length of time in which you made those requests?

There's videos of 1650s running it. Not "well" -- you'll need to lower the settings, resolution or both.

This is a pretty awful time to price out a new system since component scarcity is hurting the market and driving up the price of even lower end video cards. With a $600 budget, I'd sell $50 worth of plasma and buy this. That's hoping the $600 doesn't need to cover the monitor.
Thanks for finding that, Syntax!

That doesn't look too bad in that vid at 900p @ Medium. For those w/ 1650's, that's the way to probably go.

Use NVidia Inspector and lock the FPS down to probably 35fps or 40fps, to stabilize the framerate.

Yeah, there's a quality difference b/t 900p and 1080p - but eh, 900p looks solid there @ Medium. Sure gonna look a hell of a lot better than 720p.

I have fiber so it isn't a time issue or a cap issue but yeah, I'm sick of games that update to add a little bit and it is nearly the size of the install. I get it with something like an MMO expansion that tacks on what basically amounts to an entire stand-alone game at the end of the already existing content, but why the hell do these updates that add a small dlc or just some holiday themed stuff end up being tens of gigabytes? I hate it and rarely is it explained.
Likely inefficient use of assets, the download may even include extra copies of the same textures because of lazy programming.

An aside with more detail than necessary:
Also some assets are just being always recomputed. Light maps, for example, are usually being computed 24/7 on some super computer as the game is being developed, and then the textures are distributed as static assets to the distributables. That fancy hat that you added to the game might mean computing new textures (e.g. 2D light maps) for every single texture you used to have in the game, modified by that new thing, or maybe that's compressed a little because you do it as another property but that still might mean in effect that you've produced new versions of all the old light maps, which now all have to be downloaded again.

Assets aside, these days even binary sizes are getting enormous, and that's down to games increasingly using higher-level programming techniques which are very space inefficient (and speed inefficient, I might add), generating code for hundreds of thousands of different classes. Also these binaries have to be completely recompiled and redownloaded by the user if anything touches them.

Basically the correct answer is: because nothing is stopping them from being large. With no physical media anymore to constrain game programmers, there is nothing restraining the natural tendency towards bloat with any real force.

In USD maybe 600 is what Id spent, tho I travel alot so maybe a notebook would be better.. if we can travel again anytime soon. Basically Id like something that is a little better than a normal xbox one or ps4. It doesnt need to be alot better.
If you're looking for a laptop, something like this would probably be the best you could do in the price range. I think the 2060 would run Cyberpunk better than the 1650:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gateway-Creator-Series-15-6-FHD-Performance-Notebook-Intel-i5-10300H-NVIDIA-2060-RTX-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-Xbox-Game-Pass-PC-HD-Webcam-Cortana-Windows-10/425492039

Legit looking leak for the Epic freebies. Sadly I own most of these. I might have to play through Solitairica again though since it's one of my all time favorite phone games: https://twitter.com/jovanmunja/status/1339958916491448320/

Hm. It didn't seem like something I'd like. What's the best way to play it? M+k or controller? I might look into it.

I'm pretty sure my i5-based laptop has a 1650 or 1660 in it. I'm running Cyberpunk with no issues (LOTS of glitches of course, but no crashes) on medium settings.

Legit looking leak for the Epic freebies. Sadly I own most of these. I might have to play through Solitairica again though since it's one of my all time favorite phone games:
That's not a list that's really on par with Epic's last big set of giveaways. Not even close, really. I'd feel bad about bitching about free games, but what the hell--it's what we do here, isn't it? A few of the sale items might be worthwhile, so yay for $10 coupon.

Hm. It didn't seem like something I'd like. What's the best way to play it? M+k or controller? I might look into it.

I'm pretty sure my i5-based laptop has a 1650 or 1660 in it. I'm running Cyberpunk with no issues (LOTS of glitches of course, but no crashes) on medium settings.

That's not a list that's really on par with Epic's last big set of giveaways. Not even close, really. I'd feel bad about bitching about free games, but what the hell--it's what we do here, isn't it? A few of the sale items might be worthwhile, so yay for $10 coupon.
I played it with KB/M because it's a shooter so I do better on those that way, but it probably works well with controller too. It's a lot of fun and the side missions are some of the best in the game. Some of the boss fights can be a little frustrating, but I got through them all and I'm far from a professional gamer.

KB/mouse all the way for Remedy's shooters (Max Payne 1+2; Control; Alan Wake; Quantum Break).

This game is definitely that type of game.

bread's done
Back