Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Great news:

nwzei0H.jpg

I'm stupid and so sad.  I accidentally bought Battletech Mercenary Collection TWICE on Steam, after waiting years for a price drop!  I can't believe it!

I'm too pissed to think of this as a silver lining, but the silver lining is that it's a fantastic game, and someone gets it free now.

I would like to give it to someone who actually WANTS it, however, not a game hoarder (I am a game hoarder too, but I mean... a game hoarder who wants to play it immediately).  

So, please, someone who is a Battletech fan, turn-based strategy fan, nerdy, pen and paper fan...

Battletech Mercenary Collection

Steam Key (region free): AGBIV-5JMCW-8MTC9 ($89.99 retail, sale price $20 usually, I paid $15 just now... who knows what I paid before)

Please do not take this key unless you are a Battletech fan who has been waiting for a price drop on it and will play it right away.  You may take it for a friend if this describes them.  Please alert us when it's taken so I can remove it and prevent disappointment and wasted time.

Please alert us when it's taken so I can remove it and prevent disappointment and wasted time.
Someone took this already, probably a bot. Just an FYI, any key posted is likely taken by a bot w/i seconds. Consider obfuscating the key in some way to avoid this in the future if you want an actual human to get it. I tried it 4 mins after you posted and already gone :(

But thanks for the thought and hope you are doing better soon.

Someone took this already, probably a bot. Just an FYI, any key posted is likely taken by a bot w/i seconds. Consider obfuscating the key in some way to avoid this in the future if you want an actual human to get it. I tried it 4 mins after you posted and already gone :(

But thanks for the thought and hope you are doing better soon.
Ugh. Thanks for letting me know. What a trainwreck all of this has been. Alas. I'll know better now...

Good Epic store freebies. I have Hand of Fate 2 on PS4 I think, and it's a pretty solid game. I feel the original maybe is a bit better, but this one isn't bad. 

I think this is the second time that Alien: Isolation was free on Epic. I've never bought anything on the Epic store, and I already owned it.
I had Alien: Isolation on Epic already too, so...probably a repeat. I certainly didn't buy it there.

Side note - Also own it Complete style w/ all DLC's on Steam; also backlogged too.

Has anyone downloaded the Epic Game Store client? If so, have you downloaded Unreal Engine?

If you've answered "yes" to both of those, then you can also download the sample project available for the MetaHuman character designer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAF5dWZXcI

Unreal's light mapping and texture baking has been consistently impressive, but these artificial people look better than at least half of all the real people out there. You'll also reportedly be able to create these high fidelity characters with a browser, so even development will include cloud-based computing now.

More in-depth video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuVqfasT90

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone downloaded the Epic Game Store client? If so, have you downloaded Unreal Engine?

If you've answered "yes" to both of those, then you can also download the sample project available for the MetaHuman character designer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAF5dWZXcI

Unreal's light mapping and texture baking has been consistently impressive, but these artificial people look better than at least half of all the real people out there. You'll also reportedly be able to create these high fidelity characters with a browser, so even development will include cloud-based computing now.

More in-depth video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuVqfasT90
How many times have you jacked off to your creations?

Going through my discovery queue and a furry hentai game popped up and I noticed Steam said it was similar to Stardew Valley... Did they add some new features to Stardew Valley I haven't heard about?

Nier: Replicant - PC Version (Steam).

PC version on Steam right now has "Mixed" reviews:

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113560/NieR_Replicant_ver122474487139/
WhatIfGaming - https://whatifgaming.com/how-to-fix-the-nier-replicant-fps-issue-tied-to-animations-on-pc/

Some notes from Steam-reviews & WhatIfGaming:
- If you have Nvidia card or AMD card, lock it to 60fps in the your Control Panel for which video card that you have.
- The game has no internal in-game setting right now for 60fps lock.
- You could also set it to lock at 60fps via MSI Afterburner.
- Game often locks itself at 60fps, but doesn't always work...
- ...and when it goes over 60fps, it can go into double-speed and/or not run properly.
- The above's especially true for those w/ monitors over 60fps (i.e. 75hz, 120hz, 144hz, 240hz, etc etc).
- Right now, this game comes equipped with Denuvo.

Storybundle has a new bundle of video game ebooks. I can't say to the quality of all of them, but the HG101 and Untold Stories of Japanese Developers are generally always worth it. $15 for all 10 or 4 of them for $5.

Storybundle The Spring Getaway Bundle

$5 Tier

Angels, Devils and Boomsticks by David L. Craddock
We Love Mystery Dungeon by John Harris
Braving Britannia: Volume 2 by Wes Locher
HG101 Presents: Wrestling with Pixels by Audun Sorlie

$15 Tier
Boss Fight Books: Red Dead Redemptionby Matt Margini
The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers Vol. 3 by John Szczepaniak
Through the Moongate by Andrea Contato
Save Point by Kyle Orland
Driving in the Dark by David L. Craddock
Dream Master by Raheem Jarbo

Microsoft is dropping their own cut down to 12% on PC games only, which are sold on their Windows Store:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/29/22409285/microsoft-store-cut-windows-pc-games-12-percent

Info:

• On the dev/pub and store-owner split for PC games only on Microsoft's Digital Store...
  • ...The cut will now be 12% for Microsoft and 88% for the dev/publisher split.
  • This is exactly the same cut that Epic takes on their Epic Game Store.
  • Valve still normally takes 30% on Steam, while the dev/publisher split is 70%.

Since the Windows 10 store is feature comparable to EGS (read: barren), hopefully this deepens Epic’s losses while still not impacting Steam or GOG.

Microsoft is dropping their own cut down to 12% on PC games only, which are sold on their Windows Store:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/29/22409285/microsoft-store-cut-windows-pc-games-12-percent

Info:

• On the dev/pub and store-owner split for PC games only on Microsoft's Digital Store...
  • ...The cut will now be 12% for Microsoft and 88% for the dev/publisher split.
  • This is exactly the same cut that Epic takes on their Epic Game Store.
  • Valve still normally takes 30% on Steam, while the dev/publisher split is 70%.
When I heard that Microsoft sold PC games....

tenor.gif

Epic Game Store:

Free Games Page.

Free This Week:

• Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
    -> Extra Epic Champions of Renown add-on is free for installing & logging in from 4/29 to 5/6 on the EGS Platform
Next Week:

• Pine

Idle Champions is a free to play game.  The Epic "free game" is actually the booster pack add-on thing.  Getting into Yogscast territory here.

Bought a new monitor from Amazon.

When it arrived, the box had clearly been shoddily re-taped closed. Opened it up and noticed a roughly folded together piece of printer paper, page 2/2 with the first page torn off. It was an Amazon return authorization slip from a month ago. Set up the monitor and plugged it in, power supply started chirping, and the monitor wouldn't turn on.

I'm 100% certain I was sold a monitor as new that someone else had already returned to Amazon as defective.

From what I can tell, "Amazon.com Services LLC" is indeed Amazon themselves and not some shady third-party impersonating Amazon. I would guess this most likely means they sourced it from some shady third-party who bought up returns and then sold them back to Amazon as new.

I've definitely heard of Amazon, even Amazon themselves not third-party sellers on Amazon, selling knockoff counterfeit and return items as new before. Anyone ever pursue this kind of incident with any luck?

Never been through that myself. But given the circumstances and the fact that you have evidence, I see no reason why they wouldn't either (a) give you a full refund and cover all return shipping costs, even if the monitor wasn't listed as having "Free Returns", or (b) replace it immediately with another unit. Either way I'd probably insist they expedite shipment of a new one for your troubles.

bread's done
Back