Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I thought it lost its way with IV but maybe mine is a minority opinion. If it is, I get to disparagingly compare your tastes to McDonalds and Taylor Swift, so I have that going for me. I assume V will try to be more extreme so I'm not optimistic that it'll be a return to form.

I never bothered with Gat out of Hell (purchased during the great GameStop glitch)
Well, y-you're one of those boomer conformists who shops at Sears and listens to Stevie Nicks!

The addition of superpowers/arcane powers made both games a lot more exciting, in my opinion. Including abilities like telekinesis and flight were much-needed improvements to a franchise that was largely just GTA with dildos, specifically in the areas of combat and world exploration. Both games still had some comedic moments, though my pick between them is Gat out of Hell due to its relatable themes. A GTL angel guido in a hell that satirizes postmodernist capitalism using superpowers is a satiating departure from both the GTA-style games and open-world games in general. Haven't played another game like it.

SR3 was where I had personally had enough of that formula, and I think the evolution came at the right time for the series. They should go in yet another direction with SR5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, y-you're one of those boomer conformists who shops at Sears and listens to Stevie Nicks!

The addition of superpowers/arcane powers made both games a lot more exciting, in my opinion. Including abilities like telekinesis and flight were much-needed improvements to a franchise that was largely just GTA with dildos, specifically in the areas of combat and world exploration. Both games still had some comedic moments, though my pick between them is Gat out of Hell due to its relatable themes. A GTL angel guido in a hell that satirizes postmodernist capitalism using superpowers is a satiating departure from both the GTA-style games and open-world games in general. Haven't played another game like it.

SR3 was where I had personally had enough of that formula, and I think the evolution came at the right time for the series. They should go in yet another direction with SR5.
c5c07787fa4bce1b41bc9d568292e45a.gif

I thought it lost its way with IV but maybe mine is a minority opinion. If it is, I get to disparagingly compare your tastes to McDonalds and Taylor Swift, so I have that going for me. I assume V will try to be more extreme so I'm not optimistic that it'll be a return to form.

I never bothered with Gat out of Hell (purchased during the great GameStop glitch)
I never liked Gat, so I haven’t even bought that one, despite being a series fan.

It's ok. GTA isn't one of the best-selling franchises of all time because people have good taste. There's a P.T. Barnum quote about suckers or lowest common denominators or something that applies to those types of games.

Yeah, I didn't enjoy IV as much as I thought I would. On paper, having super powers in the SR world sounds like fun. it was just too much, too soon, and the whole game felt like cheat-mode to me.

I dunno - I've loved the GTA games since GTA3. Dunno what that says about me - but I love me some GTA here. [shrug]

My favorite is definitely GTA: Vice City - for the improvements of character & story work over GTA3; the new bikes; the setting of Vice City (Miami); the improved PC performance over GTA3; the awesome 80''s soundtrack; etc etc. It just felt like VC aimed more of the period piece and art side of stuff.

But, I dunno - which is the best GTA overall? Hard for me to say. GTA: VC is great, still for all the stuff above - but, I dunno if it holds up as much on some other stuff: namely gameplay, combat, and performance. Many of the other GTA's - especially say GTA5 - just play and run much better, in all of the regards that I mentioned in the previous sentence.

I prefer GTA5 for a gameplay & performance factor. GTA5 felt like a GTA: Greatest Hits - where Michael was another Tommy Viccetti; Franklin was another CJ type of characters....and then there's Trevor, who seems to represent every GTA players that just wants to do bonkers & crazy stuff.

I still love GTA4 for the story & character stuff w/ Roman, Niko, and whatnot. Gameplay was more toned-down and realistic, compared to previous GTA's. Though, I really thought Tony DLC was fantastic and more outlandish, like older GTA's - it was less grounded and more fun, feeling like a modern VC in many ways. I really liked the biker-based Lost DLC - but that was less  grounded than GTA4, but still nowhere as bonkers as say the Tony DLC.

As far as Saints Row series goes - I like them, but for me...SR: The Third was just it. When GTA was getting a bit more grounded & serious (i.e. see GTA4 base-game) - here comes this bananas game. It was like all the crazy GTA games amped up and parodying everything to a zillion...and I loved that. I like SR4 - but eh, too much rehash on the game-world and assets....though I did like a lot of the references to Mass Effect games, Matrix, Keith David, aliens, and any other non-sense & jokes they had going on. Most of the SR games since SR2 have been good, except for that Gat game.

Though, I do think one of the best GTA-type of games was Sleeping Dogs. My God, was that game awesome and underrated. Taking that GTA formula & flipping it on its heads where combat was hand-to-hand combat based and similar to Arkham's combat (at that time, wasn't burnt out w/ that combat style yet) instead of shooting-based; that Hong Kong setting; that storytelling; that awesome quality of voice-acting - that game's a gem.

I like Watch Dogs for its approach to stealth & hacking, to go right along w/ the GTA formula and UbiSoft formula (for better & for worse) - but, I dunno if it'll ever reach the insane hype it ever had. I don't know if it'll ever hit the heights of Watch Dogs 2, either. Sure, I liked WD1 and WD: Legion was cool - but those games do have some issues. It seems like...WD2 found that happy medium w/ storytelling and fun - while WD1 felt too serious, cliche, and predictable - and WD: Legion just really can be very repetitive & it lacks some story and/or character development...since you can pretty much recruit anyone.

I dunno - I've loved the GTA games since GTA3. Dunno what that says about me - but I love me some GTA here. [shrug]

My favorite is definitely GTA: Vice City - for the improvements of character & story work over GTA3; the new bikes; the setting of Vice City (Miami); the improved PC performance over GTA3; the awesome 80''s soundtrack; etc etc. It just felt like VC aimed more of the period piece and art side of stuff.

But, I dunno - which is the best GTA overall? Hard for me to say. GTA: VC is great, still for all the stuff above - but, I dunno if it holds up as much on some other stuff: namely gameplay, combat, and performance. Many of the other GTA's - especially say GTA5 - just play and run much better, in all of the regards that I mentioned in the previous sentence.

I prefer GTA5 for a gameplay & performance factor. GTA5 felt like a GTA: Greatest Hits - where Michael was another Tommy Viccetti; Franklin was another CJ type of characters....and then there's Trevor, who seems to represent every GTA players that just wants to do bonkers & crazy stuff.

I still love GTA4 for the story & character stuff w/ Roman, Niko, and whatnot. Gameplay was more toned-down and realistic, compared to previous GTA's. Though, I really thought Tony DLC was fantastic and more outlandish, like older GTA's - it was less grounded and more fun, feeling like a modern VC in many ways. I really liked the biker-based Lost DLC - but that was less grounded than GTA4, but still nowhere as bonkers as say the Tony DLC.

As far as Saints Row series goes - I like them, but for me...SR: The Third was just it. When GTA was getting a bit more grounded & serious (i.e. see GTA4 base-game) - here comes this bananas game. It was like all the crazy GTA games amped up and parodying everything to a zillion...and I loved that. I like SR4 - but eh, too much rehash on the game-world and assets....though I did like a lot of the references to Mass Effect games, Matrix, Keith David, aliens, and any other non-sense & jokes they had going on. Most of the SR games since SR2 have been good, except for that Gat game.

Though, I do think one of the best GTA-type of games was Sleeping Dogs. My God, was that game awesome and underrated. Taking that GTA formula & flipping it on its heads where combat was hand-to-hand combat based and similar to Arkham's combat (at that time, wasn't burnt out w/ that combat style yet) instead of shooting-based; that Hong Kong setting; that storytelling; that awesome quality of voice-acting - that game's a gem.

I like Watch Dogs for its approach to stealth & hacking, to go right along w/ the GTA formula and UbiSoft formula (for better & for worse) - but, I dunno if it'll ever reach the insane hype it ever had. I don't know if it'll ever hit the heights of Watch Dogs 2, either. Sure, I liked WD1 and WD: Legion was cool - but those games do have some issues. It seems like...WD2 found that happy medium w/ storytelling and fun - while WD1 felt too serious, cliche, and predictable - and WD: Legion just really can be very repetitive & it lacks some story and/or character development...since you can pretty much recruit anyone.
tenor.gif

Is Saints Row 5 really on anyone's "most anticipated" list?
Nope, Saints Row was always the Grand Theft Auto you had at home when you asked for the new Grand Theft Auto.

That said, I now enjoy Saints Row 4 more than most of the other GTA games... but they've been so heavily bundled that the franchise has basically no value for me. (Plus, I don't think Rockstar could sell me a GTA game at full retail anymore, either.)

Is Saints Row 5 really on anyone's "most anticipated" list?
I've enjoyed the hell out of the series, I personally wish they would remaster the orginal for all platforms, so, yes I am... Unless you mean is anyone buying this right after release?

That I'm not. I'll wait for a big sale.
Most anticipated? No, but I’d say it’s relatively close. Of course, I wouldn’t pay much more than $5 for it, but that’s pattern recognition. And also me being a cheap bastard, but mostly pattern... okay, no, it’s mostly me being a cheap bastard, isn’t it.
I really liked Volition--a decade ago. But if I'm going to choose a game franchise for them to resurrect, it'd be Red Faction. Red Faction Guerrilla was one of my favorite 360 games, with SR2 not far behind. When THQ went under and all its IPs went on fire-sale, I didn't expect anything more out of them. Like the others here, I'll probably get SR5 but only at a steep discount (or for free on Epic), and I won't expect anything better than Agents of Mayhem (yuck).

I'd much rather see RF5 (if Guerrilla is considered as RF3 and Armageddon as RF4), and there are enough real-world targets for satire with Mars exploration and space tourism being the latest big robber-baron opportunity. Elon Musk is already halfway (or is it more like 90% of the way?) to being an Ultor Corporation-style megalomaniac.

Metro Exodus: PC Enhanced Edition will be out today at 11am EST / 3pm UTC.

Notes:

- Metro Exodus: PC Enhanced releases today at 11am EST.

- No pre-load for this edition

- It should appear as a separate game/branch available for download at that time.

- This version requires RT-based cards period.

- You'll need one of these RT cards: RTX 2060, 2070, 2080, 3060, 3070, 3080, or 3090...

- Or you'll need an AMD 6000 series card.

PC Gamer - Epic has spent at least a billion dollars total in securing exclusives.

Just out of curiosity I know I owned Slash It 1 and 2, so I played each for about 4 minutes. Slash It is a minimalistic press spacebar as a shape is moving over the same shape and then the shape changes and you rinse and repeat. So-so game that is arcade like and you can get a long combo going. Not for me. Slash It 2 I really didn't like. In this one you type out numbers/letters/whatever you've unlocked and more appear in time. This one just feels lame though I guess it could be a fast typing arcade like game. You do the same and try to combo by typing out everything in time. This one felt boring and honestly I quit it after one run. The other got about 4 tries, which isn't too bad. Probably would rate 1 a 5.5/10 and the sequel a 5/10. Just simple games, and at least the first is free to try if that sounds interesting. 

Got a replacement monitor (Lenovo Q24h-10), bought it used from Amazon Warehouse because new was out of stock everywhere. Figured might as well give it a shot, it's not in stock anywhere new so nothing to lose.

It arrived in pretty immaculate condition, worked fine with DP or HDMI on my gaming desktop. It didn't come with the USB-C 3.1 cable it was supposed to, so I ordered a cable (USB 4) from Amazon and it arrived today.

Plugging in my laptop with the USB 4 cable results in the screen turning on and being recognized by the computer, then immediately shutting off and repeating that infinitely every five or so seconds. 

Not sure if I messed up by buying a Thunderbolt cable that was too advanced? Is that even possible? I thought USB 4 was backwards compatible with 3.1, which my display probably is. Maybe my laptop is recognizing it as a Thunderbolt 3 cable and trying to connect with Thunderbolt 3, but the display is USB 3.1? 

Or maybe the monitor is just defective. The monitor mentions it will shut off if it detects too much power being taken up, but my laptop should only be pulling 30W for charging so I can't imagine that's a problem.

The entire USB-C universe is absolute garbage. What a promising idea to have one cable for anything, and what a horrifically bungled execution. Easily the very worst experience in computing right now, even worse than crypto-mining GPU shortages or pandemic silicon prices.

Send it back sounds very screwy functional. Also USB-C adapters  I know from my previous work can be very finnicky connecting to monitors. Some work and some don't. It takes just finding the ones that work correctly. USB-C power and charging is usually OK, but the video output just puts a lot of of headaches in things.

Yeah I'm definitely sending it back, I'm just not convinced I'd have better luck with a new one (I'm not convinced that I got a bad one from the warehouse). 

I do like the design of the monitor a lot. It works pretty well as a productivity monitor while having a few comfort features that are good for gaming. But part of the productivity features for me was definitely the USB-C video connection with PD for my laptop. 

The only other options that seem to meet my productivity needs are not only much more expensive, but lacking on the gaming features.

I might just end up getting the non-USB-C version of it and going the hub route, although unfortunately the savings of getting the monitor without USB just about cancel out with the cost of getting a hub. 

It's been remarkably hard shopping for a monitor with a remotely good feature set that isn't 32-plus inches. I would like to know: who is sitting five feet away from their computer monitor? Are people using Coming To America-style dining tables as desks? 24 inch is right for me, but I want at least QHD even at that size.

Judging from monitor shopping, it seems like manufacturers are agreeing that USB-C just isn't worth the headache. Even if it were less of a nightmare with all the different video standards and incompatibility, at the end of the day when you have a bunch of people with power cables that have the exact same connector, you're going to have a bunch of people plugging a power-only cable into the port on their monitor and returning it because it doesn't work.

The whole concept of having a connector type used for multiple different types of cables is fundamentally and fatally flawed. I would adore a cable standard that had video and power and all the rest, the "one cable dream", but it needs to have its own unique connector that, just by looking at the connector, you can know at least some baseline of features you're guaranteed to get. I can accept a few extra features added on, and I can accept revisions in the standard adding more features, something like HDMI. But USB-C is a total shit fest.

Hm, I dunno man, I own a monitor that supports USB-C and I’ve never had an issue with it. I have bought a number of things from Amazon Warehouse that straight up don’t work. I’m honestly not sure Amazon even checks their returns outside of a visual once-over of the product to note any physical damage in the item description. I would go with Best Buy if you insist on open box stuff, at least you can just drive it back and show them the issue.

I’m honestly not sure Amazon even checks their returns outside of a visual once-over of the product to note any physical damage in the item description.
Pretty confident they barely do that. Got a electric kettle that had glass in the lid. Cracked. Description said cosmetic damage only.

Conversely, I've bought a bunch of warehouse and refurb stuff and never had an issue. 

I actively search out deals in the warehouse because I've had basically new with damaged box finds for cheap.

Y'all fake cags.

I'm about 13 hours or so into Resident Evil 7 (Steam) and think it's awesome.

RE7 feels like like it has 3 real parts to it: old-school survival-horror game; walking sim; and 1st person perspective game.

It feels like it's part old-school survival-horror game, just like the old Silent Hill games and RE games...where you need to conserve ammo; more methodical & slow-paced in the actual combat when aiming, shooting, and moving; solve some puzzles; and more psychological in the horror here.

Also feels like this game's also part walking sim here, too...as you will need to look at items you pick-up in the game-world up close, rotate them read what's on the Lore, open it or crack it open, etc etc.

All of this, while in the new 1st person perspective; I'm really enjoying it all in 1st person perspective, as it feels more intense & up-close and personal here, too.

I'm about 13 hours or so into Resident Evil 7 (Steam) and think it's awesome.

Feels like part old-school survival-horror game (like the old Silent Hill games and RE games - where you conserve ammo; more methodical & slow-paced in combat; solve some puzzles; and more psychological in the horror here); and part walking sim; and also enjoying it all in 1st person perspective.
Yeah, it’s a fun game. Was mind blowing in VR, but I played mostly in non-VR because it was a little too intense when you’re being chased. Be sure to pick up the free Chris Redfield DLC … pretty much a lead in for RE8.

Yeah, it’s a fun game. Was mind blowing in VR, but I played mostly in non-VR because it was a little too intense when you’re being chased. Be sure to pick up the free Chris Redfield DLC … pretty much a lead in for RE8.
I have the entire Gold Edition, so I'm so good to go. When I finish RE7, the DLC's are probably next.

That game was straight up stressful. Got through the burning barn section and have been on an extended break since getting through that. 

RE2: Remake was my jam, though.

I didn't love RE7 but I'm glad they didn't continue down the terrible path that the series was headed with RE6. I think 7 even could have been an all-time great if not for the second half. RE1-4 are still the best in the series, imo, and I'm loving the remakes so far. REm4ke better be amazing.

Right now I'm quite a ways into VIllage and it is a bit of a mixed bag. The story is dumb even by RE standards and the pacing is odd, to say the least. It also does two things with its design that I abhor: 1) you can waste resources in a battle you're not meant to win and 2) the game breaks up its pacing with too many cutscenes (especially early in the game) and in some cases you can't go back to where you just were after a cutscene so it's possible to miss some items and exploration without realizing it. THAT SAID, when the game is on, it's really on. I thought the first main level and boss were as good as anything in the series and the game simply oozes atmosphere with its art/sound design. There haven't been a ton of new games to really push the 3080 since it launched but this game looks stunning. The levels have been uneven so far but exploring the village and its surrounding areas is prime RE goodness. I think I'm about to enter the final proper level and I think it will be the deciding factor on whether RE8 will earn a spot as one of the best in the series.

Where I'm at in RE7, which I'm guessing might be near the end here (of the base-game)...

I got the virus in the needle; put it together in the box; and am given the objective to put it in Eveline.

She keeps telling me to "Stay away" and keeps pushing me away.

UbiSoft will be branding their games to "UbiSoft Originals".

Compile the above rebranding of "UbiSoft Originals" w/  them recently renaming their Uplay client-app  to "UbiSoft Connect" (as if they are going to "connect" with other companies/dev's/pub's) - this makes me wonder if they'll start selling more 3rd party games on their UbiSoft Connect client-app, kind of like what Steam and Epic normally do; and/or if they'll have more 3rd party games on their UPlay+ subscription service (like Xbox PC, Xbox Console and Xbox Ultimate Game Pass does).

Compile the above rebranding of "UbiSoft Originals" w/ them recently renaming their Uplay client-app to "UbiSoft Connect" (as if they are going to "connect" with other companies/dev's/pub's) - this makes me wonder if they'll start selling more 3rd party games on their UbiSoft Connect client-app, kind of like what Steam and Epic normally do; and/or if they'll have more 3rd party games on their UPlay+ subscription service (like Xbox PC, Xbox Console and Xbox Ultimate Game Pass does).
Years behind.

The community has already branded their games as "Ubisoft-likes" long ago. Their own games are simulacra of themselves.

Compile the above rebranding of "UbiSoft Originals" w/ them recently renaming their Uplay client-app to "UbiSoft Connect" (as if they are going to "connect" with other companies/dev's/pub's) - this makes me wonder if they'll start selling more 3rd party games on their UbiSoft Connect client-app, kind of like what Steam and Epic normally do; and/or if they'll have more 3rd party games on their UPlay+ subscription service (like Xbox PC, Xbox Console and Xbox Ultimate Game Pass does).
596k83.jpg

Where I'm at in RE7, which I'm guessing might be near the end here (of the base-game)...

I got the virus in the needle; put it together in the box; and am given the objective to put it in Eveline.

She keeps telling me to "Stay away" and keeps pushing me away.
Although I never finished the game, I did see a play-through and RE7 breaks with the tradition of having at least four increasingly escalating scenarios, each of which seems like it's building to a finale. It just has two stages: plantation, tanker.

If they were still making games the way they made RE4 it would have been: plantation, tanker, strange cult that lives inside of a giant sea creature, underwater sea castle, underwater space shuttle launch platform, mars colony, middle of the sun military base.

Although I never finished the game, I did see a play-through and RE7 breaks with the tradition of having at least four increasingly escalating scenarios, each of which seems like it's building to a finale. It just has two stages: plantation, tanker.

If they were still making games the way they made RE4 it would have been: plantation, tanker, strange cult that lives inside of a giant sea creature, underwater sea castle, underwater space shuttle launch platform, mars colony, middle of the sun military base.
I’ve heard the final act of RE8 brings back the batshit crazy aspect of RE … but then I haven’t even started playing it yet. In the review, that was leveled as a criticism, but I think real RE fans appreciate the insanity.

I chickened out of playing RE7 since I'm generally not good with first-person horror/jump-scare games, but all the RE8 hype has made me want to give it another shot when my GPU comes back from RMA next week.

Just tried out some Metro Exodus Enhanced and there is some truly hideous ghosting going on when you have HDR and DLSS both on. It makes the entire game feel like one of those unfortunate drug-induced hallucination scenes they seem to put in every Far Cry game. Hopefully they fix it because otherwise it really is a showcase for that raytracing crap.

You bought a broken monitor from the warehouse. That's what's wrong.
No, he didn't. I read his post over and he never said that. He didn't order a previously owned one or a broken one from a returns pallet or whatever. Warehouse has open box items, it doesn't mean they're broken. You can still return it though so he is fine.

bread's done
Back