Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well Did not receive an email for Steam Deck..enjoy the codes while I wait and hope for one Thursday! (yeah lots of games I already own in this bundle, part of the fun for me though (I did get Deep Sky Derelicts & Holy Potatoes?! We're in Space so no complaints here)

Bridge Constructor: Walking Dead

R9JKX-5G2C6-ZJVG0​

Tiny and Big's Grandpa Leftovers
6I4T3-F8LBQ-R7C7X​

Pilot Brothers
955W2-HA23A-IH933​

Pilot Brothers 2
Z5TBY-G8P8I-EQJP3​

Driftland: The Magic Revival
3ZVR9-9DK3I-9ICQH​

Felix the Reaper
BLX4W-7YTI3-PTBAB​

About Love Hate and the other ones
EWT9K-JWXYX-78H5I​

Fling to the Finish
QKC5V-GK6JV-5GP8H​
Claimed Fling to the Finish, thanks.

Sony invests in Epic Games.

Sony invests at least $1 billion USD in Epic Games for the meta-verse, Unreal Engine, etc etc.
Kotaku - https://kotaku.com/sony-epic-metaverse-unreal-engine-5-virtual-reality-inv-1848778166
DreamCast Guy on this:
https://youtu.be/T550Bh36gKs

Looks like Sony's doing this probably for Unreal Engine usage for their dev's, the meta-verse, and possibly to bring more PC ports over to Epic Store (who knows if they'll be exclusive to Epic Store for who knows amount of time).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm searching for ideas vs my 650 steam deck pre-order.  I found this HP that seems like a good option.  Found a video that said base model could do 1080p 60fps fine, but recommended upgrade to the 3060 Ti for 250 for a 1440p monitor.  (would be just under $1k) Anybody have experience with the HP?  I'm basically looking for a decent PC to play my steam and epic games, not a beast to run 4k 60fps. 

I'm searching for ideas vs my 650 steam deck pre-order. I found this HP that seems like a good option. Found a video that said base model could do 1080p 60fps fine, but recommended upgrade to the 3060 Ti for 250 for a 1440p monitor. (would be just under $1k) Anybody have experience with the HP? I'm basically looking for a decent PC to play my steam and epic games, not a beast to run 4k 60fps.
Difficult to say without knowing the specs or model # of the hp you're considering.

Difficult to say without knowing the specs or model # of the hp you're considering.
wow, still half asleep apparently, forgot to paste the model: Victus 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0325m

found it through a post on here and ign deal popup

Looks like Sony's doing this probably for Unreal Engine usage for their dev's, the meta-verse, and possibly to bring more PC ports over to Epic Store (who knows if they'll be exclusive to Epic Store for who knows amount of time).
If it was to make their PC ports exclusive to the Epic store then Epic would be paying Sony, not the other way around

The Epic store is underperforming and is basically a footnote on Epic's financials. I think this is all for Unreal Engine and that's it. Sony can be dumb but even they know what a trainwreck the Epic store is, and how bad the publicity would be

Oh and speaking of the Epic store, it just lost another exclusive. Bugsnax is coming to Steam, Xbox, Switch, MS PC store, and game pass on April 28th. Now can we please get the Kingdom Hearts games 😥

wow, still half asleep apparently, forgot to paste the model: Victus 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0325m
My take on that is that it's a good base price but all of the upgrade charges are terrible. +$100 for +8gb of ddr4? You can get good 16gb kits for $50 these days.

Also it looks like there are only two psu options and neither is a good choice. They also might use a proprietary psu form and/or connections which would make it difficult to replace.

Do you have a microcenter within reasonable driving distance?

My take on that is that it's a good base price but all of the upgrade charges are terrible. +$100 for +8gb of ddr4? You can get good 16gb kits for $50 these days.

Also it looks like there are only two psu options and neither is a good choice. They also might use a proprietary psu form and/or connections which would make it difficult to replace.

Do you have a microcenter within reasonable driving distance?
No microcenter close.

I'm just now getting into trying to learn and figure out a decent pc. (console gamer) I had a steam deck ordered, but realized for the 650, I'd be much better putting that towards a desktop, because I will probably never need mobile pc gaming.

This. If I were buying, I'd want more DDR4 and a larger NVMe drive but I would also want to buy each separately rather than pay the amounts HP is asking. You can buy another 16GB kit for what they want to add 8GB and get a 1TB NVMe for maybe $10 more than their 500GB upgrade price.

Or, if you don't want to muck around with replacing the NVMe and reinstalling Windows, etc at least put that money towards a 1TB SSD to add in as secondary storage. Either way, you're looking at $80-$100. If that's too much to swallow right now, you could buy a 7200 RPM HDD for arounnd $30 for 1TB instead as a game drive. But don't spend $70 on a 250GB increase from HP, 'cause that's just silly.

I think 500W is fine for a 3060Ti system but it's hard to pass final judgment without knowing the model of the PSU.

This. If I were buying, I'd want more DDR4 and a larger NVMe drive but I would also want to buy each separately rather than pay the amounts HP is asking. You can buy another 16GB kit for what they want to add 8GB and get a 1TB NVMe for maybe $10 more than their 500GB upgrade price.

Or, if you don't want to muck around with replacing the NVMe and reinstalling Windows, etc at least put that money towards a 1TB SSD to add in as secondary storage. Either way, you're looking at $80-$100. If that's too much to swallow right now, you could buy a 7200 RPM HDD for arounnd $30 for 1TB instead as a game drive. But don't spend $70 on a 250GB increase from HP, 'cause that's just silly.

I think 500W is fine for a 3060Ti system but it's hard to pass final judgment without knowing the model of the PSU.
I figured it was probably more expensive getting the pre-built.

I'm just uninformed at this point and need to do research.

It was this guy. and you pick whatever addons.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345620235323&urlLangId=&quantity=1

No microcenter close.

I'm just now getting into trying to learn and figure out a decent pc. (console gamer) I had a steam deck ordered, but realized for the 650, I'd be much better putting that towards a desktop, because I will probably never need mobile pc gaming.
If you need power for gaming and plan to not play mobile at all - can't beat a desktop. That's the best way to go, IMHO...especially until they either make better laptops on the cooling side.

Just w/ prefabs - be careful about proprietary mobo's, PSU's, and other stuff...that makes it hard or impossible to modify. The beauty of the desktop - especially if you get a custom one or one that allows replacements/upgrades - is to modify it, when need be. Can't beat it.

IMHO, gaming laptops stink at heat. I love them for portability and how much power they can pack these days - but by God, they don't often seem to cool well. More than anyhting, I'd love to see one that ain't super-expensive, packs a punch, doesn't get super-hot, could be easy to work with when you open it up, and stuff of that. Just know what you're walking into here w/ gaming laptops: it won't last, if you use it all the time...like say I do. If you buy a good gaming laptop - expect it to get real hot and make sure you take care of it b/c in a few years...it'll probably be dead. These things are just heat generators. RIP to my SC15 Laptop (w/ the 1060m 6GB VRAM card).'

EDIT - I see talks of RAM and SSD's here. Yeah, get a SSD w/ 1TB of space at least (some of these AAA games are huge - see recent COD's, Gears 4 and Gears 5, FF15 Windows Ed w/ all DLC's, etc etc) and get at least 16GB RAM in there to dual-channel that. I'd also recommend having external regular HDD's, more internal HDD's you could stick in the PC or even on a HDD Dock just to use that as game-file storage. Ghostwire flat-out requires 12GB RAM anyways. Heck, even w/ X Rebirth (2013) back in the day, 8GB of RAM was a big mistake back then; 16GB RAM improved stuff immensely back then even.

I think the basic HP prebuilt (plus 3060Ti which means plus 500W PSU) is pretty decent. Especially if you don't want to get into building your own and, in this market, there's not much to be saved by building anyway.

It's just that the RAM and SSD are very easy to install upgrades that they're making a lot of money on so, if you did buy this, don't spend the money through HP for those upgrades (and you should upgrade them as both are pretty low). It's like it might make sense to pay the Quick Lube place to change your oil and get it over with but it's still a racket for them to say they'll change your wiper blades for $60. In this case, charging $100 to add 8GB DDR4 is a racket they're using to offset the base PC price. You can buy a better memory kit for far less and it's a five minute job to install it. And you can always ask here if you have questions about what kind of RAM, etc. Computer nerds love teaching people how to computer nerd.

tumblr_lyomejbjdQ1qe7736o1_500.gif

It was this guy. and you pick whatever addons.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345620235323&urlLangId=&quantity=1
I'll chime in to say a few more things:

1. Prices continue to go down, so if you can wait another month or two you might be able to snag a prebuilt desktop with more memory at the same price.

2. Not sure if you are looking at laptops, but right now I've seen several laptops with a 5800H CPU and 3060 GPU for under $1000. According to this review, that combo performs pretty well:

https://www.techspot.com/review/2193-geforce-rtx-3060-laptop/

So, that might be something to consider where you'd get something more powerful than a steam deck but with some portability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA
This will never not be funny.

Also, if you are into old hollywood and you never heard Gilbert's podcast, treat yourself. It doesn't seem like there were many in the biz left who have much of an interest or appreciation for anything that happened before Star Wars.

Sigh..another Thursday and no e-mail for Steam Deck...enjoy these codes (games I either have or not enjoy)

I must say, it is always exciting to see what I will get (like opening up Baseball cards.  Showing my age, like opening up Pokemon cards).

Going Under

6ZGAP-WTVL0-MC7WH

Star Wolves 3: Civil War

4DNFC-9EZ66-TNGYG

Main Assembly

Z0J94-6XXDV-K4NVR

Witch It!

VPIL2-6R65V-FDAXY

Off-Road Drive

BNMRT-Z9RTK-5KVMX

N++ (just nope definitely not for me)

5B90M-NTCVF-3HE5W

Pilot Brothers 2

NNWXI-RA6FA-LEW4D

Speaking of delistings, not sure if anyone posted this, but the FromSoftware game Ninja Blade was delisted recently but is still available on GMG. Heard it's a lousy port, though.

Green Man Gaming has a voucher for 25% off various "indie" games, and one of them is Chrono Cross. You have to be an XP member which basically means buying something from there in the last year

They also have a voucher for 3% off your next order, but idk if it stacks with existing XP discounts so meh

Chrono Cross Remaster is supposed to be a performance mess, according to Steam Reviews and also Digital Foundry on modern platforms.

So, yeah - another "meh" port of sorts from Square, similar to FF7R PC.

Basically, according to DF - they emulated the game, added all those extra graphics features & did not port it natively to platform, which is causing performance drops all over the place.

Digital Foundry on the "meh" port (Switch and PS5):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFnYz5J6kXA

One review's on how to "fix" issues on PC version of CC Remaster:

FIX for LOW FPS, TEARING, STUTTER on NVidea GPUs:
Launch your NVidea Control Panel (right-click on desktop)

3D SETTINGS > Manage 3D Settings :
- Max Frame Rate: Set to 60 or 120, whichever is your preference
- Triple Buffering: ON

- Vertical Sync: ON

Apply settings. Game should now be running smooth as butter.
- Another review suggests to use DXVK on the game.

4GB Patcher:

- Looks like since CC is old, it only noticed 2GB RAM, so you could use 4GB patcher program on it to fix it (so it notices more RAM). Website's over here -> https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

- Actual file for 4GB Patcher is here -> https://ntcore.com/files/4gb_patch.zip

Mod Community's already at work to try to fix stuff -> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1133760/discussions/0/3273562123579123693/

-> Other stuff to try to fix this includes trying to use DXVK (original) and/or then also patch that w/ DXVK ASync version right after if you have A-Sync support.

DXVK v1.10.1 -> https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.10.1

DXVK A-Sync Page -> https://github.com/Sporif/dxvk-async

DXVK A-Sync file v1.10.1 -> https://github.com/Sporif/dxvk-async/releases/tag/1.10.1

There's also ISA's FPS Fix Patch over here on Nexus, which re-works the hex & memory calls -> https://www.nexusmods.com/chronocrosstheradicaldreamersedition/mods/11

Video trying to fix a ton of issues all-in-one over here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oI9HuZxZ7c

Everything I’ve seen about the Chrono Cross remaster makes it seem phoned in. And wasn’t Chrono Cross pretty meh when it first came out compared to Chrono Trigger?

Square - Remake Chrono Trigger …. AND give Xenogears whatever treatment you gave Chrono Cross (asking for a remake on that one is probably pretty unrealistic imo).

I was probably one of the 3 lucky ones that played Chrono Cross on PSX back in the day BEFORE Chrono Trigger. I still need to play CT.

Anyways, I loved Chrono Cross on PSX. It's probably not good for a game - no matter how good or great it is; and also w/ how different it is - to follow-up what many consider probably One Of Best JRPG's Ever Made.

Also, Square's probably suffering w/out their PC port company Nixxes around, since Sony bought them. Square normally had great PC ports w/ Nixxes (see a lot of the Hitman: Absolution and newer version they did, TR ports since TR Legend, etc). Square needs to hire QLOC or someone who can do proper PC ports - b/c they ain't cutting it well, since losing Nixxes; see FF7R PC and now CC PC. As much as I don't want want Sony to get TOO BIG - but since they got Nixxes and all, maybe in a sense Sony should buy Square. [shrug]

EDIT - Never played Xenogears on PSX, but...a Remastered PC Collection of that series would be great. Of course, Sony should port it properly to modern systems too.

Everything I’ve seen about the Chrono Cross remaster makes it seem phoned in. And wasn’t Chrono Cross pretty meh when it first came out compared to Chrono Trigger?

Square - Remake Chrono Trigger …. AND give Xenogears whatever treatment you gave Chrono Cross (asking for a remake on that one is probably pretty unrealistic imo).
In terms of plot, there were too many things that broke immersion for me on Chrono Trigger and made me say “this is just silly.” Comparatively, Chrono Cross was a much smoother play for me, although having so many characters meant that very few got any actual meaningful development, and the core plotline was messier. In terms of gameplay, I’d say both were about equal to me, though due to the major differences, I can see where people might have a preference—Trigger was more about reacting to situations as they arose, while Cross was more about pre-battle planning and set up. I imprinted more strongly on the core cast of Cross than I did on Trigger’s cast, owing to better character designs and some stronger character writing and dialogue—as mentioned, Trigger brought me out of its world several times due to how silly a few things seemed, and some of those included Crono’s design literally being red-headed Goku, Frog’s abortive attempts at period speech, and very nearly everything about Ayla, just as some examples. Finally, the music for Cross was just better than Trigger’s soundtrack—not that Trigger doesn’t have an excellent soundtrack, but it does feel a bit less cohesive, probably because Uematsu worked on some tracks, and his style is pretty distinct from Mitsuda.

Cross gets a bad rap, but I think a lot of that is due to it following Trigger, which even then was already a fan-favorite, and being pretty different. If you take away that initial impression, Cross is a pretty good game in its own right—one I personally like more than Trigger, although I’ll admit it’s more deeply flawed than its predecessor.

maybe in a sense Sony should buy Square.
tumblr_ln1jfgKaWO1qcdwjy.gif

I played Chrono Trigger and Cross at launch, and both are among my favorite games. Cross was well received at launch with high review scores and became a greatest hits title. CC has its detractors, but most of the criticism came years after it was released. Bought the remaster even with the technical flaws pointed out by Digital Foundry, but will wait for mods before playing it. Definitely would be onboard for a Chrono Trigger and Xenogears remake (or even a remaster of the latter).

Last edited:
Yeah Chrono Cross was very well received at release, same with FF8 (Also receiving GH), and both are pretty harshly looked on nowadays. I look forward to playing it again since it's been many years. Some I think at the time will fair more poorly nowadays (Legend of Dragoon...the story kind of was not amazing back then), but some are looked at more highly like Legend of Mana.

Final Fantasy 8.

FF8 was so over-rated. Super grind-y game. Needing to go into lots of battles use Draw to stack-up on spells, the lead was such a whiner & cry-baby (hence the name Squall), and such an over-reliance on GF's (Guardian Functions / Summons) - yeah, not the best FF game.

Great FMV's though. 

That's not even getting into the great twist w/ Edea...
...and her puppet-master Ultimecia revealed by the end of Disc 1, which so gets botched afterwards. 

They so should've given Ultimecia the Kefka treatment and showed more of her and have her show-up more and do all kinds of villain-y stuff, to make her such a despicable villain...but they don't do enough w/ her.

I'll so take Chrono Cross any day over FF8.

I guess I was ahead of the curve with disliking Chrono Cross when it first released. My teenage self and my adult self were both so disappointed with the game, but more power to anyone who likes it.

FF8 was over-rated by who? I only ever see it referred to as being one of the worst FF games. Or an apologetic "It wasn't as bad as everyone says..."
I say without irony or apology that FFVIII is the best numbered Final Fantasy game yet made, is probably within the top 20 games ever made, and that it is my favorite game.

I thought FF8 was awesome. Yeah there was some dumb writing that I remember especially two things regarding Sid... but I chalk it up to old JRPG charm. Never played Chrono Cross but if it's better then I'm in for a treat!

bread's done
Back