Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
An article came out the other day saying that several billionaires only paid 1-2% in effective taxes on their wealth growth from 2013 to 2018, including Warren Buffett who paid 0.1%

And this guy on a website called cheapassgamer is complaining about an average person contemplating the possibility of delaying payment on a $17,000 medical bill, which probably amounted to an ambulance ride and an IV

Priorities! Muh bootstraps!

(I work in health insurance so I know it's all a scam. This country is decades behind other first world countries in affordable healthcare, and it's not a debate. Assuming you all are in the US btw)
Not exactly the best example. Warren Buffet is one of the originators of The Giving Pledge where billionaires pledge to give away at least 50% of their wealth to charitable causes. He is one of the few powerful individuals trying to make this world a better place, one of the nation's leading philanthropists, and is inspiring his peers to follow suit and do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with not paying your bills, regardless of how unfair you may feel they are, is that it's not the evil corporate bogeyman that eats it. It's the people who do pay their bills.
Ehhh... not necessarily.

The idea that Fred not paying his bills so now you get charged $11k instead of $10k is based on the naive notion that they wouldn't be charging $11k if they thought they could get away it it otherwise. They're already charging what they think they can get away with before hitting a tipping point of too many people not paying. They already expect you to be willing/able to pay $11k and they're not going to leave that on the table just because Fred is also giving them money -- they'll just happily take more money.

No one is saying "Well, we could get $11k from this guy but Fred pays HIS bills so we don't really NEED it... let's just charge $10k". You're gonna get hit for whatever they think the market will bear. Capitalism Ho!

Cause they kno how to play the system anyone can do it…create a “business” save all your receipts….brings ur taxes down to zero.

Don’t hate the player hate the game. Never understood the Fascination that people think rich people need to give away all their money. Lol

Not all debt is good debt nor valid debt.  Being extorted for basic humans needs (education, housing, healthcare, etc.) at any given price possible means it will always seek the maximum it can from someone. 

Systemic problems are not moral failings of individuals, regardless of however or whomever wants to spin it as such.

I say this as someone who's paid off nearly six figures of student loan debt, but would also like to own a house perhaps someday.  Housing as an investment is the biggest racket, since it actually has collapsed the international markets once in the nascent years of the 21st century.  Healthcare is also up there, but student loan debt is worse.  Education should be an investment regardless of the subject matter as it is as much about learning how to learn as it is the subject itself.  Teaching a population to be scrupulous and critical is a good thing.

The fact people argue against any of this still is just a sign of propaganda being heluva drug.

... /rant

Back to games, I think I might go back to something like Slay the Spire for a bit.  Then, I think I want to start Trails in the Sky series next.  Going to be a long haul for those, but I hear the pay off is well earned.

I need a quick action romp, first, though.  A real mind turner-offer.  I picked up that Boomer Shooter bundle from Humble awhile back, perhaps I'll go for a few rounds of those.

PS: No such thing as an ethical billionaire.

PPS: Cancel student load debt.

Ehhh... not necessarily.

The idea that Fred not paying his bills so now you get charged $11k instead of $10k is based on the naive notion that they wouldn't be charging $11k if they thought they could get away it it otherwise. They're already charging what they think they can get away with before hitting a tipping point of too many people not paying. They already expect you to be willing/able to pay $11k and they're not going to leave that on the table just because Fred is also giving them money -- they'll just happily take more money.

No one is saying "Well, we could get $11k from this guy but Fred pays HIS bills so we don't really NEED it... let's just charge $10k". You're gonna get hit for whatever they think the market will bear. Capitalism Ho!
They milking my as, they also lied, I asked was the CT scan would be thousands she said no but the bill said otherwise. Get billed so much for a quick ER visit which they pretty much did nothing.

Bit of an odd situation with Humble and Steam. A friend in another country got something from the Humble Store for me, but it turned out to be a region-locked key that doesn’t activate on my US Steam account. Does anyone know what we need to do to get that refunded?

People who are complaining about letting a bill go to collections obviously have never had medical treatment before. Majority of the time a bill will go to collections before it gets to your insurance provider so you know what the actual bill is. For the record I had a bill last year in September I paid. They just sent me a check for the full amount because my insurance covered it so I owed them nothing.

To the guy starting trails I wish you luck. 7 current games at around 60+ hours a piece will eat up a lot of time. You're going to want to just play the first 3 sky games for now or play only the first 2 cold steel since azure and zero are not localized yet. One of them is getting released in September though iirc.

The cost of college is the absolute poster child for why the federal government should never try to "fix" anything.

When subsidized student loans were created, it did what it was intended to do.  It gave more kids the means to go to college.

The problem, as is always the case, is that Congress doesn't understand anything well enough to see the unintended side effects.  They increased demand without increasing supply.  Anyone with even a half-working knowledge of economics could have predicted what would happen next.

If you want something fucked up, ask the Feds to do it.

edit: This certainly applies to taxing unrealized gains.  While crusading to punish "the rich", they would also ruin every working man's 401(k).

I think I might go back to something like Slay the Spire for a bit. Then, I think I want to start Trails in the Sky series next.
Two of my favorite games in one paragraph. :shock: I've been playing StS (again) with my 6 year old nephew to help him with his math.

Anyway I think my first playthrough of Sky FC was something like 29 hours. Feel free to set difficulty to easy and make frequent use of turbo mode to help with the slow start. Things may not "click" until the ending of FC, as they did for me. Optionally you can also add the voice files for the Evo (jp vita) releases and add them to FC, SC, and 3rd. Pretty simple to find online & add to the steam version. I'm doing another playthrough myself soon on steam deck. They're not verified but are playable with proper adjustments in the config exe.

Someone wake me when we’re talking about the deals again, k?
next-week-wave.gif

Buy American and pay full price, fellow patriot.
I’m not trying to be funny, there’s an actual person on the other side of the world who was trying to get me a gift. Humble only offers US pricing in her region, anyway, she paid the same price I would have. Maybe more including currency exchange.

Anybody have actual advice?

Bit of an odd situation with Humble and Steam. A friend in another country got something from the Humble Store for me, but it turned out to be a region-locked key that doesn’t activate on my US Steam account. Does anyone know what we need to do to get that refunded?
Since no one has given you an actual answer... contact support. They might give your friend a refund, but they might also say "your friend was warned that the key would be region locked blah blah" and refuse, which is bullshit.

Did your friend send a gift link, or did they send the key itself? If you got a pasted key then you might be screwed because Humble sucks ass.

I live in Mexico, get charged the same price as Americans and still get region locked keys. I complained months ago, and they told me "tough shit, that's what you get for living there."

Vanishing Realm (VR needed)
HY3RE-H9CBF-6K2C7

[SIZE=12pt]Cities in Motion 2 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ELMR9-RJAMV-VLB9A[/SIZE]

Orcs Must Die! GOTY

[SIZE=12pt]A6B2B-JIHML-KT7R6[/SIZE]

Since no one has given you an actual answer... contact support. They might give your friend a refund, but they might also say "your friend was warned that the key would be region locked blah blah" and refuse, which is bullshit.

Did your friend send a gift link, or did they send the key itself? If you got a pasted key then you might be screwed because Humble sucks ass.

I live in Mexico, get charged the same price as Americans and still get region locked keys. I complained months ago, and they told me "tough shit, that's what you get for living there."
She sent me a gift link. I checked the store page on both an American IP and used a VPN to check it on an IP in her country and did a ctrl-f for "region," "countr," "lock," "restri," and "key," and see nothing suggesting the key is region-locked. I also added it to my cart and see no region-relevant information. Where does it normally tell you these things?

And yeah, I'm gonna contact support once she's awake and we can communicate some of the information I'll need to give them.

She sent me a gift link. I checked the store page on both an American IP and used a VPN to check it on an IP in her country and did a ctrl-f for "region," "countr," "lock," "restri," and "key," and see nothing suggesting the key is region-locked. I also added it to my cart and see no region-relevant information. Where does it normally tell you these things?
I dont think it ever has, but region locks have been a thing for a long time. Humble has been region locked at least 5 years. Otherwise this thread would be back to its heyday mentioning which comrade could get you deals or other cross region currency shenanigans.

And yeah, I'm gonna contact support once she's awake and we can communicate some of the information I'll need to give them.
Humble doesn't show any restrictions while you're on the store, that's the worst part about them. The lock is added once you give them the money. If you buy a bundle and try to send a key from it as a gift link, only then it will show you any restrictions applied to it. It's why I no longer buy bundles as soon as possible, I have to wait until people have verified that I won't be stuck with stuff I can't trade or give away.

I beat Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.

Great for 40k nerds, hold off for XCOM fans. It's definitely an indie game versus AAA release. Needs more patches and the performance is abysmal for what it is at this time.

But did I enjoy my space marine power fantasy? Sure. I got 60 hours out of it.
Yeah, I want to play it but I'm waiting for at least the summer sales given what I've seen of it.

Lol Humble doesn't even tell you if a game is sold out of keys before you buy it. They sure as hell aren't gonna go out of their way to tell you a key is region locked

Anyone have any opinions on Ruined King? Is it worth the $14.99 on Epic? I wish listed it after watching Arcane, because that seemed like the closest LoL game to the show (without being a LoL game fan, if that makes any sense) … but it also feels like the type of game that might show up in a bundle at some point .. so I’m on the fence.

Anyone have any opinions on Ruined King? Is it worth the $14.99 on Epic? I wish listed it after watching Arcane, because that seemed like the closest LoL game to the show (without being a LoL game fan, if that makes any sense) … but it also feels like the type of game that might show up in a bundle at some point .. so I’m on the fence.
I just picked it up and started it. Not very far in but enjoying it a lot so far. Arcane was also my intro to LoL, and also recently started trying the actual game on my new pc.

Yeah, I want to play it but I'm waiting for at least the summer sales given what I've seen of it.
I preordered (after reviews) from Fanatical for like 23% off. Definitely worth that, for me.

They just need to fix the chugglies and a few bugs (and some exploitable things, lol) and it'll be one of the best 40k games to date.

And don't listen to the "it's too hard" folks. It's really not once you learn the mechanics and the AI patterns. These games have reverse power curves, by the end, my GKs were roflstomping.

I even chose poorly on my squad mates for the last mission and still won with zero deaths.

I dont think it ever has, but region locks have been a thing for a long time. Humble has been region locked at least 5 years. Otherwise this thread would be back to its heyday mentioning which comrade could get you deals or other cross region currency shenanigans.
Yep. I miss when there'd be a ridiculous sale in South America or some tiny Eastern European country and you'd pick up some random AAA games for a few dollars despite the price on steam being still near $50.

Speaking of new 40k games....

magic-warhammer-40k.jpg

Warhammer is coming to Magic the Gathering: Commander on Aug. 12th. Only $548 for the collector's editions lol.
I hope all of these fools and their money are quickly parted.
And then their stupid heads can crack these, try to sell the singles on the various popular websites and their dumbasses will subsidize my purchase of things for prices much closer to the cost of a few copies of Bad Rats.

On that note, basically all of the commander decks from last year are on sale at Gamestop for $25, and while not as good as the BOGO from a couple of weeks ago, there's a bunch of clearances. Occasionally there's sales at Best Buy for $2 per pack on several of the recent sets.

40k Magic Cards sounds neat, a crossover...

*sees prices*

Ah, I see the 40k cost was also a crossover.

It's printed cardboard, not even sculpted and manufactured model kits. $550? The fuck.

The standard edition set will run you about ~$200-$220., or the usual $50 per commander deck.  The CE has everything in new "surge foil" !  

It is freeking unreal how many different new products they put out now, annually.  Warhammer prices indeed.

bonus treat: here's the new Double Masters 2022 collector's box of 4 booster packs.

I'm already pretty out on Streets of New Capenna (MTG newest set) finding it somewhat a slog to draft and play. You almost always play the some color pairs with the same commons trying to kick your butt. It's not pure garbage, but it's on the lower end of a set IMHO. Crossovers are always interesting though, but I'm so out on a lot of it.

Late night blog question for you: Am I the only one who ever feels the temptation to post some big like-bait for the express purpose of editing it a few days later, when everybody’s forgotten about it, into something horrible and probably racist to make everyone who liked the initial post look like terrible people?

Late night blog question for you: Am I the only one who ever feels the temptation to post some big like-bait for the express purpose of editing it a few days later, when everybody’s forgotten about it, into something horrible and probably racist to make everyone who liked the initial post look like terrible people?
tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

All of my most-liked posts have been shockingly offensive. But then I edit them a week later to something wholesome so no one outside of this thread realizes how awful all of you are. So you're welcome.

giphy.gif

Hello Everyone!  Have not eben enjoying the Steam Deck as much becuase trying to finish Persona 5 (on the PS5), but think i am nearing the end so I purchased Persona 4 for Steam Deck and starting that this weekend (while at the cabin).

In celebration of this I hope you enjoy the keys below!!!

(I kept --> Tomb Raider GOTY / Wayward Souls / 

Hidden SHapes - Old West (puzzle, not like tetris, but a puzzle)

GF3GA-6XM4X-BAZC5

Kinghts Retreat (odd chess-like game)

E2C4W-4NEYQ-6FAV9

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones tactical rpg, horror inspired)

K57TT-XD2IE-DN08X

Game Dev Studio (sim, would like to keep, but I am sure someone will be better than I at this, kind of like Kerbal...really want to play and enjoy, but simply can't wrap head around it)

8HZHM-5MXDG-X3I6X

A Year of Rain (RTS, Starcraft-ish?)

ILJYA-4Y4JQ-J4WC7

Torchlight (owned, Diablo-ish)

236BW-30H6P-JVRDJ

I still don't have a Steam deck, so please find happiness where I cannot...

General Fantasy, Too

WHI3A-PY*66-K6K*L
*Cypher, Darwin, Dust, Firestar, Marrow are all obscure examples of this Marvel team...

Can I add some of these games codes you guys are giving to my steam account for when I get my deck in the future ?
Steam is Steam, regardless of what device you use it on. If you have an account and can browse the internet, you can use codes to add games to it, provided they haven’t already been redeemed and work in your region.

I have had the Steam Deck for about a week now and it is definitely an interesting process for someone with no previous Linux experience. I still struggle with using the right touchpad click as my thumb tends to slip forward to move the cursor before registering the click. There is a work-around involving holding the steam button and using the triggers though. My biggest disappointment is that so far my DOSBOX games are not working. I had plans to play a lot of classic GOG games (HoMM 1 and 2, Master of Orion, etc) but the various linux dependencies aren't allowing that process yet. I understand the focus is on the bigger more recent games so I can wait. My dream was to relive the classic 90s PC games unavailable on any other device.

New Humble Bundle of Paradox stuff... as always, it's a nightmare mess of DLC.

I did a maths and posted the results over on reddit.

TL;DR:  If you're a true CAG, this bundle sucks hard as is does not beat historic lows.

If you're a moderate-to-actual fakeybro, go big or go home for the $20 bundle.

If you only care about certain content, like me, you're probably better off waiting for a build-you-own Paradox bundle to come back around.

No matter how you slice it, the $10 bundle sucks hard.  Do not buy that one.

bread's done
Back