Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It should be illegal to add stuff like that into a game after tons of people have already bought it. Or 2K should at least be forced to give refunds to people who want one

Have they not paid attention to Epic? Nobody wants to deal with your crappy launcher

It should be illegal to add stuff like that into a game after tons of people have already bought it. Or 2K should at least be forced to give refunds to people who want one

Have they not paid attention to Epic? Nobody wants to deal with your crappy launcher
They don't care. According to them, we have a license to play their games, not "own" them - according to most EULA's, SSA, and things of that sort. Whether you think EULA's, SSA, etc are actually legal at the point of sale in the USA - well, someone or some group would need to go up against them in a court of law.

They all (AAA companies - Rockstar, Acti-Blizz, UbiSoft, EA, etc) seem to want to have their own Launcher and try to get customers away from Steam, GOG, and/or anyone else taking 30% of so from them.

Sony supposedly got some files for a launcher hidden in Spider-Man, data-miners found. Probably only a matter of time until they have their own app too where we can buy their games and they can take 100% of the sales.

I guess it was only a matter of time, before 2K tries their own hand at this...and likely will fail too.

Last edited by a moderator:
All those big companies have sold enough where Valve only takes a 20% cut. Might even be lower now as the 20% was reported years ago

When you factor in all the publicity and free advertising Valve provides, and see the Bethesda launcher failing and EA come crawling back to Steam... the tradeoff for 20% more each sale, in exchange for way less sales, tons of bad PR and having to maintain your own PC launcher, does not seem worth it

It's like these higher-ups see that they're "losing" 20% of each sale and take nothing else into account. Never mind that they have no problem "losing" 30% (or more for physical copies) of each sale on consoles

They all are big AAA companies, make big $, and if they sell enough or make deals w/ Steam where they can make better sales there - well, they want 100% of the sales, when they can get it. It's always pure $ and greed.

About Bethesda Launcher going away - they probably only went away, since they went w/ Microsoft. Microsoft makes so much $ and is insanely rich, that they likely feel they can afford to put games on Steam too.

Plus, they (Microsoft) still have their own Xbox for App too - in which they can get people that want to buy games there and/or get involved w/ some form of Game Pass over there.

CrossCode is currently $6.99 directly on steam - the lowest it's been by a significant margin.  Time to buy & play on my deck.

Anyone have opinions on the A New Home dlc?

CrossCode is currently $6.99 directly on steam - the lowest it's been by a significant margin. Time to buy & play on my deck.

Anyone have opinions on the A New Home dlc?
16-bit SNES style graphics my ass, no SNES game has a resolution that high or that much color depth. The pixels being that small actually looks kinda wonky.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Patch 1.6 (now out) & Upcoming Expansion.

Sources:

Notes:
- Patch 1.6 is out now on all platforms, which is around 13GB update on PC.
- Patch 1.6 has some New Gigs & Quests; New Items; Tie-Ins with Edgerunners anime; & other New content.
- This Patch 1.6 is the last new patch for X1 & PS4 version.
- The upcoming Phantom Liberty (Expansion) will only be for New-Gen Platforms; i.e. only for PC, XSS, XSX and PS5.
- Keanu Reeves (as Johnny) is returning in this expansion.
- Phantom Liberty is the only expansion planned for CP 2077.

Trailers in spoilers below.
Trailer for Patch 1.6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzK2ZqzOago

CP 2077: Phantom Liberty (Expansion) - Teaser Trailer:
https://youtu.be/PbVKBoDuhZ0

Since I’d only ever tried a phone version of a Lego game, I booted up Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (got it in a star wars bundle at some point, I think) yesterday and played the first level to get a feel for the series. While I don’t generally mind breaking stuff to collect loot, by the middle of the level, it was starting to feel really tedious—the run speed was too slow, the distance you needed to be from the drops was too small, and the action breaking up all of this was too bland to keep my interest up.

Is this pretty much the experience I can expect going forward? And in other Lego games, too?

Since I’d only ever tried a phone version of a Lego game, I booted up Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (got it in a star wars bundle at some point, I think) yesterday and played the first level to get a feel for the series. While I don’t generally mind breaking stuff to collect loot, by the middle of the level, it was starting to feel really tedious—the run speed was too slow, the distance you needed to be from the drops was too small, and the action breaking up all of this was too bland to keep my interest up.

Is this pretty much the experience I can expect going forward? And in other Lego games, too?
I recently played one of the DC lego games on PS4 coop with a friend and yes... it felt the same. Slow, very tedious, gotta replay the same level multiple times to be able to get everything, etc.

I struggle with the LEGO games … if I had to describe most of them in a word, it would be monotonous. Even the latest Star Wars game, with its greatly improved graphics and added features, just still feels plodding. The puzzles are actually harder for me than “adult” games … I’m not sure why, because the games are designed for children but I legitimately struggle to solve the building puzzles and then lose interest (sometimes it feels like they’re original Resident Evil level of nonsense puzzles … but I digress).

The only LEGO game that has ever held my interest was LEGO worlds and that was because you can actually build things (ala Minecraft or … gasp … LEGO) and collect a ton of new items to unlock. So yeah … I was tempted today with LEGO SW being on sale for $25 but had to remind myself of the struggle with LEGO games.

Yeaaahhh... kinda. They are very formulaic. Some of the titles are better than others in terms of quality of life, but it largely depends on whether or not you like the IP and are cool with the gameplay.

I compulsively 100% these, so my opinion is probably skewed. So here are some of my personal favorites. Keep in mind, the newer titles actually have dialogue and some have a decent story. And many of the newer titles have a nice open world mixed with linear levels.

LEGO City Undercover -- a really great open world. Lots to do even outside the story levels.

LEGO DC Supervillians -- very cool open world. Love the IP. Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy headline a great voice cast.

LEGO Marvel Avengers/Super Heroes 2 -- good IP, lots of fan service. Fun open worlds

But at the end of the day, you're largely breaking bricks and solving fairly easy puzzles.

Epic continues to be like:

unicorn-ice-cream.gif

Is G2A safe?
Multiple cags have posted here about getting keys revoked after purchasing through g2a. I have no personal experience, but It's probably one of the worse gray market options. Even places like Seedy Keys and MysterD's mom are probably less risky than g2a. Again, no personal experience.

Ive had one revoked, long time ago, FC4 season pass. Was probably the most high profile one at the time since it was a flood of keys on g2a bought with stolen CCs and then resold for both the SP and the full game/deluxe/etc. All the keys were revoked for the season pass and the full game, so luckily since I had only bought the SP on there I just lost that content, but could have been the full game if thats what I had bought

Sadly they don't allow you to just purchase the missing items in this one. I assume they also prevent splitting the games when purchased as a gift?

I'd wager they get announced tomorrow during the RGG stream, and at the very least the first game comes to Game Pass. I have zero interest in JRPG Yakuza so it's nice to know I haven't seen Kamurocho for the last time.

Judgment was amazing but it took me a while to finally fully commit to it, unlike every other RGG game. I've replayed the first 2-3 hours at least 6 times. It's for that reason that I've been too scared to go back to Lost Judgment after falling off. 

Assassin's Creed: Origins - issues with 465.89 driver on RTX-based cards only.

New issue with texture-flickering & artifact issues happening in only NVidia's RTX cards w/ newest driver 465.89:
https://wccftech.com/ubisoft-and-nvidia-blame-each-other-for-assassins-creed-origins-bug-present-in-rtx-builds/

Notes:
- New issue with texture-flickering & artifact issues happening in only NVidia's RTX cards w/ newest driver 465.89.
- Both UbiSoft and Nvidia right now are blaming each other for this issue.
- UbiSoft says they have no plans to fix this and that it's on Nvidia's end.
- NVidia says it would need an application update from UbiSoft to fix the issue.

Judgment and Lost Judgment out now on PC.

Like a Dragon: Ishin (Yakuza Ishin remake) out in February.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (i.e. Yakuza 6.5, i.e. let Kiryu get some God damn rest already) out in 2023.

Like a Dragon 8 out in 2024.

RGG fans eating good.

Looks like Judgment and Lost Judgment on Steam will both also ship w/ Denuvo.

EDIT - Looks like both are actually now out for purchase & to play on Steam.

I’m not too familiar with the Musou games, but from what I’ve read, it’s definitely somewhere in the middle of the pack—not anywhere near the worst, not anywhere near the best. It sounds like the main complaint is that it’s relatively content light. Mostly I’m interested in the fanservicey crossover and playing as various KT characters, but if you’re after one of the best Musou games on PC, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Definitive is probably a better bet. I’ve heard good things about some of the licensed titles, too, but I can never keep those straight since there are so few attached to licenses I care about.

Really excited about getting Gloomhaven on there.  Was just about to buy it on Steam recently and glad that I held off.  

The Steam version doesn't have share play, so everyone needs a copy if you want to play multiplayer, so this works out MUCH better.   

bread's done
Back