Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
True some of the new s link benefits are useful.

Dungeon design I can take or leave. I'm all for putting in more effort into the appearance but they didn't really do that much. Just more fixed rooms/floors but still copy pasted for much of it. Most of the dungeons were too long and tedious to get through. The first Dungeon in particular was so long it is practically a game by itself.

You could do stuff at night in 3 and 4. But in all of them you quickly run out especially s link wise due to the lack of night time ones available. Which is why 3 worked better having night be dungeons than daytime where you are competing with doing s links and everything else.

Arx Fatalis is $2 as part of the Arkane sale. If you haven't played this classic, it's definitely worth that low price. A little rough around the edges but an amazing progression from Ultima Underworld style games.
Not sure if Arkane (or GOG, when GOG got it there) ever got it running properly on Modern OS's out the box and updated, as it has quirks out the box.

So, if it's still got weird issues and all of that - I'd recommend most use Arx Libertatis Source Port to run it on modern OS's too:

https://arx-libertatis.org/download

Also, if you ever grabbed it for Free from Bethesda Launcher when it was free - yeah, you can use that version...as it's DRM-FREE, provided you still got those files and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Key Drop! Just give a shout if you claim one so everyone knows :)

Edit - all taken

Hello Neighbor:
8Z0C9-J0YKA-ZBIBX

The Beast Inside:
QIZME-ZA2N2-KRT3F

A key drop where thanks was given for every key!?

V7zj1Xy.jpg

Fallout 4: Enhanced.

Fallout 4: Enhanced Edition is coming free to game-owners on modern consoles & PC in 2023:

-> https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/jfwd8PsUw8r3pKrO1wOc5/fallout25-conclusion-interviews-events-perks

Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay, bug fixes and even bonus Creation Club content!

I suppose that's better than charging us a third time for the game a la Skyrim.
Tbf, the Anniversary Edition was a free upgrade for Special Edition (release #2) aside from the CC crap ($20 DLC). I'm surprised they're not charging for the CC crap this time.
They were also cool enough to give us the Special Edition for free on Steam if we already owned the Legendary Edition (release #1 + DLCs) prior to its release.

Tbf, the Anniversary Edition was a free upgrade for Special Edition (release #2) aside from the CC crap ($20 DLC). I'm surprised they're not charging for the CC crap this time.
They were also cool enough to give us the Special Edition for free on Steam if we already owned the Legendary Edition (release #1 + DLCs) prior to its release.
Mmmm kinda. Special Edition was free if you owned Legendary or Skyrim and all DLC. The anniversary "upgrade" was free, but the full Anniversary Edition was not.

So, the path to the complete "final" game looked different multiple times throughout its release cycle:

1. Complete game: Skyrim + DLC (Season Pass)

2. Complete game: Legendary or Special Edition

3. Complete game: Anniversary Edition

I personally wish they'd quit screwing with it because they break mod compatibility every single time :bomb:

Skyrim was one of those "once in a generation" kind of games, so despite all the jokes I get why they've milked it for so long

But Fallout 4? 🤔 I think most people would rather have 3 and New Vegas updated and released on modern platforms

Skyrim was only a once in a generation type of game because that's how long they are taking to make the sequel!
No, Skyrim is a once every console generation kind of game, because that's how often we receive it. At some point Bethesda will make a time machine just so they can sell Skyrim to ColecoVision owners.

Skyrim was one of those "once in a generation" kind of games, so despite all the jokes I get why they've milked it for so long

But Fallout 4? I think most people would rather have 3 and New Vegas updated and released on modern platforms
For FO3 and NV - Do you mean a Remaster? Or Remake?

Regardless - FO3 got fixed on PC in many ways with 1.7.0.4 on Steam and Epic, but it broke mods. You can always downgrade to 1.7.0.3 if need be on PC. It works fine on modern OS's.

FO:NV Ultimate - you're gonna need to mod that on PC to get it going well if you got it on Steam...and/or just get the GOG Edition (which has a bunch of these mods in there already like 4GB RAM LAA fix and Tick-Fix).

Regardless, FO: NV Ultimate is gonna be in Amazon Prime's Monthly stuff next month. Hope it's the GOG Edition.

EDIT - Yeah, they should port these to modern-consoles.

EDIT 2:

The Anniversary Edition is just the upgraded Special Edition plus the $20 of Creator's Club crap I mentioned (purchaseable as a DLC).
Are there any mods requiring ALL of the Anniversary Edition stuff yet?

if i can't go to the meat dimension in P5R what the fuck are we even doing???
No meat gum, no buy

For FO3 and NV - Do you mean a Remaster? Or Remake?

Regardless - FO3 got fixed on PC in many ways with 1.7.0.4 on Steam and Epic, but it broke mods. You can always downgrade to 1.7.0.3 if need be on PC. It works fine on modern OS's.

FO:NV Ultimate - you're gonna need to mod that on PC to get it going well if you got it on Steam...and/or just get the GOG Edition (which has a bunch of these mods in there already like 4GB RAM LAA fix and Tick-Fix).

Regardless, FO: NV Ultimate is gonna be in Amazon Prime's Monthly stuff next month. Hope it's the GOG Edition.

EDIT - Yeah, they should port these to modern-consoles.

EDIT 2:
Are there any mods requiring ALL of the Anniversary Edition stuff yet?
Yeah, I know they both work fine on PC now. So does the original Skyrim, but that didn't stop them from releasing it four times 😉

I played the crap outta Skyrim.  Never got past the dragon on the mountain.  Just never wanted to go that route... ever.

FO3 I beat the snot outta.  And then it cut to credits and I was like... WT*?

FONV I've played through so many times I could tell you where every weapon is... and I'll be darned if I don't go for that Ob Baby Hammer or the Sequoa pistol every time.

FO4 was the one in Boston?  I don't remember much after I got to the Baseball Field.

No, Skyrim is a once every console generation kind of game, because that's how often we receive it. At some point Bethesda will make a time machine just so they can sell Skyrim to ColecoVision owners.
Skyrim for Colecovision? I would want to play that for sure. :)

So for anyone who knows their way around Dying Light and all its various DLCs and editions, is Dying Light Definitive Edition for $10 all I really want/need? I feel like that's a solid deal. I know it's been $5-6 from CDKeys but this would be an historic low on Steam so I might jump on it.

EDIT: Looks like it includes everything.

I played the crap outta Skyrim. Never got past the dragon on the mountain. Just never wanted to go that route... ever.

FO3 I beat the snot outta. And then it cut to credits and I was like... WT*?

FONV I've played through so many times I could tell you where every weapon is... and I'll be darned if I don't go for that Ob Baby Hammer or the Sequoa pistol every time.

FO4 was the one in Boston? I don't remember much after I got to the Baseball Field.
FO3 continues once you beat the game, provided you own Broken Steel DLC. If you go GOTY these days - well, then you're good.

Heck, it's free on Epic right now, if you need to go GOTY.

FO4 was in Boston, yes - which is pretty cool to see what they did w/ all these cool locations, if you're from MA. Though, I think FO4 is at its best in Far Harbor DLC (based off Bar Harbor, Maine).

So for anyone who knows their way around Dying Light and all its various DLCs and editions, is Dying Light Definitive Edition for $10 all I really want/need? I feel like that's a solid deal. I know it's been $5-6 from CDKeys but this would be an historic low on Steam so I might jump on it.

EDIT: Looks like it includes everything.
I only played the base game but even that alone is worth $10.

The Witcher 1: Remake announced by CDPR and Fool's Theory....on the Unreal Engine 5:
- https://www.thewitcher.com/en/news/46225/the-witcher-remake-is-in-development

Notes:
- CDPR and Fool's Theory will be working on this Witcher Remake together.
- Witcher Remake will be on the Unreal Engine 5.
- Fool's Theory (studio) is also in Poland and comprised of numerous Ex-Witcher staff.
Smart decision. Oldest game, only one not already on consoles, will give them UE5 experience before Witcher 4 and keep the game franchise relevant during the wait.

EA Origin / EA App...transition?

- Caught this on NFS: Most Wanted (Reboot) forums on Steam and on Reddit on NFS forums over there.

- Head's up: a lot of EA games requiring Origin are getting updates on Steam.

- It's causing a lot of games to now NOT work anymore (for now, at least...I guess).

- Might need to install EA App soon, I'd guess.

EDIT:

Yeah, ME: Legendary on Steam got updated...and I couldn't even boot the game. I had to manually install EA App...and that was what got it going & working.

And for some reason, Madden '22 (EA version) won't even update. [shrug]

Voidu has a promo code for 30% off. BUY30

Knocked RDR2 down to $21 so I bought it... not realizing it was a Rockstar launcher code instead of steam. While I can get it to work on the deck, it'll be annoying.

Just a reminder to read the fine print.

Voidu has a promo code for 30% off. BUY30

Knocked RDR2 down to $21 so I bought it... not realizing it was a Rockstar launcher code instead of steam. While I can get it to work on the deck, it'll be annoying.

Just a reminder to read the fine print.
I'm not really savvy in getting this working that aren't just plug and play. That price is sweet, but I need it on steam for the deck. I think I have it on the RS launcher already. It's a miracle of science that I got the Origin, GOG and Epic launcher working on my SD. I'm just a filthy casual console person most of the time

I haven’t added much of anything to my steam deck cause I’m casual too. 7 days to die plays great on it tho, battery life is short when playing that game. I have an extra sd card might try that emudeck 2.0 soon

I didn’t try it because I’m still holding out for sub-$20, but it seems like that Voidu discount would knock Nioh 2 down to $21 as well, a new historical low.

The Anniversary Edition is just the upgraded Special Edition plus the $20 of Creator's Club crap I mentioned (purchaseable as a DLC).
Yeah, another version. We're all in agreement it seems. And as far as mods are concerned... they're in agreement as well: it's another version that you have to hope the mods you like are compatible with.

What makes it so contemptible is not even that it broke mods... again. It's that they used a bunch of mods that they want you to pay for... to essentially break the other mods.

From what I've gathered, none of the paid mods are really that great. But here I am contemplating buying the upgrade just so I can be at the latest version in case the Special+Anni-Lite becomes unsupported.

So make no mistake... it's a new version and they're more than happy to take your money for it, offering little in return. It feels like gaming blackmail. I love the framework of their games, but I really hate the constant repackaging that keeps things in flux for the mod community. Because, let's face it, mods make their games playable.

Gotham Knights.

Denuvo Anti-tamper DRM got removed in just 5 days from Gotham Knights:

-> DSO Gaming - https://www.dsogaming.com/news/warner-bros-has-removed-denuvo-from-gotham-knights-in-just-five-days/

-> Steam DB with the Depot on updates - https://steamdb.info/app/1496790/history/

EDITS:

- So much for that; Denuvo got added right back in there.

- Rock Paper Shotgun Picked up on this -> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/gotham-knights-denuvo-drm-was-removed-then-quickly-re-added-to-steam-version

Picked up Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water Deluxe with the Voidu coupon for $28.87; the standard edition is $21 after the coupon if you don’t want the in-game artbook/OST.

Steam Deck UI moved to Big Picture Mode - Beta Update.

Sources:

-> Re-Verse - https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/27/23426994/valve-steam-deck-big-picture-mode-ui-test-beta

-> News from Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/593110/view/3394051164709183116

If you want the Steam Deck's UI for Big Picture Mode:

- Take the New Beta Update on Steam, which adds the feature.

- Steam asks to restart; do it so it takes the update.

- Since you probably got a Steam icon on desktop, Create a new Steam shortcut.

- This way, you can have a shortcut w/ the old UI and the new UI.

- Now Right-click on your new Steam Shortcut & add this to Target line right after the Path for Steam.exe: -gamepadui

- Target Line could look like something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -gamepadui

- Apply changes.

- Close out Steam and restart w/ your new Steam Shortcut; it'll jump into Steam Deck's UI straight-up.

bread's done
Back