Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Eh, unless there's a trade-in deal for your existing deck to the oled one, similar to the one that bumped my og switch to old for an extra $75 OOP, I'm good.

My kid has been wanting to get into PC gaming, so I figure giving them my old Steam Deck with a dock and a monitor might just do the trick for them.  

I get the upgrade and they get to play some games.  Seems like a win for me.  

Valve announced an upgraded OLED Steam Deck and put the 64gb and 512gb versions on clearance for $349 and $449 respectively until they sell out which will probably be pretty quickly.

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

There's also refurbished units still in stock of the 256gb and 512gb models at $319 and $359.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamdeckrefurbished/
So they're pulling a Switch, not only with the screen but the 6nm apu similar to what Nintendo did with the second revision (better battery life) and then eventually the Switch OLED.

I really only see this as a deal for the refurbs or potential drop in price on used units, otherwise you're better off getting an open box/used Ally for $500. Not much of a point in paying $650 for an OLED screen when you can get the Ally/Legion Go with a much better APU for nearly the same price. Both also have great screens, despite not being OLED.. with the Ally having VRR support.

I have the old 512gb LCD Deck but plan to get the new one. They did enough to improve it (screen bigger/OLED, battery life better, faster chip, faster wifi, 1TB built-in storage, etc) imo to be worth upgrading. Not saying it is cheap though.

I have the old 512gb LCD Deck but plan to get the new one. They did enough to improve it (screen bigger/OLED, battery life better, faster chip, faster wifi, 1TB built-in storage, etc) imo to be worth upgrading. Not saying it is cheap though.
The APU is the same, just smaller. Similar to what the Switch did with V2. I think the ram might be faster but that's about it.

Tempted to get Age of Empires IV while its $19.99.  Although I likely won't touch it until 2024 and kinda want to wait and see what deals there are on BF.

Do Xbox Studios games ever pop up in Humble bundles?  Seems like AOE4 is getting to Humble Bundle age.

Tempted to get Age of Empires IV while its $19.99. Although I likely won't touch it until 2024 and kinda want to wait and see what deals there are on BF.

Do Xbox Studios games ever pop up in Humble bundles? Seems like AOE4 is getting to Humble Bundle age.
I think Killer Instinct and Quantum Break were in a humble bundle ages ago. And State of Decay 2.

Last edited:
Braid Anniversary is coming to PC April 30, 2024. Just hope it's not an epic exclusive.

Tempted to get Age of Empires IV while its $19.99. Although I likely won't touch it until 2024 and kinda want to wait and see what deals there are on BF.

Do Xbox Studios games ever pop up in Humble bundles? Seems like AOE4 is getting to Humble Bundle age.
Occasionally, but none of the RTS games have been over the years, even though they've been for sale in the Humble Store.

Boiling Point: RTH released on GOG and Steam.

BP's out on GOG and is also up on Steam now there too.

Steam version is over here -> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2000760/Boiling_Point_Road_to_Hell/
LOL, totally forgot BP ever existed until I just saw this. Still have all the physical media, et al in a box somewhere. I think I got it at Big Lots when they still carried PC games and sich, back in '09 or '10.

Tried my damnedest to get into it and failed. Shit was too buggy and the game systems were overly obtuse or restrictive for me, at the time. Will wait for the bundling.

LOL, totally forgot BP ever existed until I just saw this. Still have all the physical media, et al in a box somewhere. I think I got it at Big Lots when they still carried PC games and sich, back in '09 or '10.
There's where I got it from retail, dirt-cheap: Big Lots. I used to love that place for getting retail-boxed PC titles, back in the good old days.

I'd recommend version 2.0 UK patch, of course.

And I need to check out Wesp's Unofficial Patch for BP - yup, the same Wesp guy who fixed a good deal of VTM Bloodlines, Xenus 2: While Gold, and The Precursors.

EDIT - From what I've read, the new GOG version and Steam-version is NOT the Russian-version w/ the 2 extra fan-made mods/expansions (Great War aka Big War mod & The Legend is Alive mod) already included. This might be the old-version w/ UK Patch 2.0 included w/ just the BP base-game. I'll have to look again into this.

EDIT 2 - Yup, only BP Original Edition w/ Version 2.0, which Ziggurat got from Atari; Russobit might have the rights to the expansions. See this - https://steamcommunity.com/app/2000760/discussions/0/3874844466810725709/

Looks like people that own Russian version from Russobit did get the expansions installed onto Steam-version fine - https://steamcommunity.com/app/2000760/discussions/0/3969421533317183150/

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif

Historic lows at GMG on Lego Skywalker Saga and Midnight Suns, but at the rate they're being discounted, there will probably be new lows again next month, and the month after, and the month after...

Also, the 3% XP discount code on GMG stacks with the black friday deals (at least the ones I tested).

Guess that Limited Edition Steam Deck wasn't really limited? Got one as a Christmas present because for a short period it did say sold out but came back in stock and has stayed that way. Hopefully they mean it when it says 1-2 weeks and I was within the first half hour of it being on sale. Was this the case when this thing first launched or?

Guess that Limited Edition Steam Deck wasn't really limited? Got one as a Christmas present because for a short period it did say sold out but came back in stock and has stayed that way. Hopefully they mean it when it says 1-2 weeks and I was within the first half hour of it being on sale. Was this the case when this thing first launched or?
Nope, first round of preorders were way far in advance for the Steam Deck. I wanted to upgrade and got all salty when the LE was in my cart but I couldn’t check out. Went back an hour or two later and ordered the 512 gb OLED … and then late yesterday the LE came back in stock and has stayed that way since. Couldn’t find a way to cancel my order, so I’m satisfied with the 512gb and saving some $.

Seems like they will ship much sooner this time … but the launch was a mess at the start yesterday.

The original steamdeck launch was during the epidemic so there were issues with shortages. We aren't suffering a problem with shortages anymore so I doubt the same applies with the limited edition.

The one weird thing about the LE is that they're using the etched glass screen.. which has been proven to make colors look worse on the original model. Odd choice for the OLED. I've seen some people avoid purchasing it for that reason

But I guess that doesn't really surprise me, Valve still won't use hall effect sticks for the OLED model which is another strange decision

Yeah, I did hear something about the etched glass being off but if we're not happy with it there's that 15 day return window. I think it'll be fine. Already got a shipping notification too, so away we go.

Yeah, I did hear something about the etched glass being off but if we're not happy with it there's that 15 day return window. I think it'll be fine.
You can also just slap a glossy screen protector over it and mitigate the dampening that way if you decide it bothers you but want to keep the 1TB model (and/or Limited Edition body). Heck, get a protector, lay it over half the screen and use it in a variety of normal-for-you use cases and make your own informed decision based on what your eyes/mind respond to rather than Reddit nerd-rage.

It's not worth getting worried over.

The original steamdeck launch was during the epidemic so there were issues with shortages. We aren't suffering a problem with shortages anymore so I doubt the same applies with the limited edition.

The one weird thing about the LE is that they're using the etched glass screen.. which has been proven to make colors look worse on the original model. Odd choice for the OLED. I've seen some people avoid purchasing it for that reason

But I guess that doesn't really surprise me, Valve still won't use hall effect sticks for the OLED model which is another strange decision
This is the truth. Obviously I can’t speak to the new oled unit, but had the original deck with the etched glass screen. It was awful.

Tried different screen protectors without much improvement, if any. Ended up selling it and picking up a 256 unit with regular screen.

Really wanted the LE oled but I wouldn’t touch the etched glass screen with a 10 foot pole.

Obviously I can’t speak to the new oled unit, but had the original deck with the etched glass screen. It was awful.
Which is why people need to see it for themselves to decide. People asked about their etched screen decks in this reddit thread had 36 "Likes", 3 "Dislikes" and a handful of don't care responses and/or people saying they ordered a non-etched variant worried that they'd dislike the etching. That's obviously somewhat self-selecting since, if you were seriously worried about it, you probably didn't order an etched glass unit but there were very few people who did and they said they regretted or disliked it.

I don't think you or those couple of users are wrong or mistaken in their opinion but I do think it drives home that it's going to be an individual response and, certainly, any blanket comment about it being inferior is misguided. It also suggests that Valve wasn't doing anything wacky to use a screen that most purchasers seem very happy with. Time will tell if the OLED stacks up similarly when they're actually in the widespread hands of users. But, again, two week return window so if you hate it then the only real risk is some of your time.

Ordered a Secret Lab Titan chair and a Dell 4K monitor. Had to talk myself out of buying a Steam Deck OLED. I need to start shopping for others now.

I can't believe how cheap monitors have gotten.  They were gouging the crap outta us at $600+ across the board back in 2021.  Now I'm seeing all sorts of "g-sync compatible" and freesync 1440p IPS monitors for $200-$280.  Best Buy has piles from a few different brands in their aisles.

All the PC parts except for graphics cards have seemed to come back down to reality in pricing. Have bottomed out.  I was even seeing 240 and 360mm AIO coolers for $90-$180 range again at Microcenter the other day.  So glad we finally got out of that insanity.  crypto ruined everything.

Stores are REALLY well stocked now.  It's just GPUs that continuously suck. 

I've had my ass parked in my Secret Lab Titan for a couple years now, including it being my work-from-home daily driver, and have been very happy with it.  No regrets.

I've had my ass parked in my Secret Lab Titan for a couple years now, including it being my work-from-home daily driver, and have been very happy with it. No regrets.
My main concerns are the pleather, and the armrests. Every pleather chair I've had peel like there's no tomorrow, and hard armrests just seem amazingly illogical and painful with prolonged use.

Yeah, I went cloth for that same reason.  Every "bonded leather" office chair I've owned has started disintegrating within a year.  It's entirely possible that Secret Lab is using better quality leather material than random office chair at Staples has.  Wasn't willing to give them the benefit of the doubt though after so many crappy chair leather experiences.

The armrests on this one are lightly padded, enough to be comfortable if not squishy, and whatever foam they use has held up fine.  And no exterior cracking on the pads themselves.  Aside from some light use wear in the seat, the whole thing had held up well in padding and overall construction (no blown out hydraulics or center post dragging the floor, etc)

My main concerns are the pleather, and the armrests. Every pleather chair I've had peel like there's no tomorrow, and hard armrests just seem amazingly illogical and painful with prolonged use.
I can tell you that, without a doubt, the Secretlab "hybrid leatherette" is absolutely nothing like pleather. After owning mine for 2+ years there is zero sign of wear in any facet of the upholstery. It is exceptionally high quality.

My only gripe is that the chair is a little too firm.

Yeah, I went cloth for that same reason. Every "bonded leather" office chair I've owned has started disintegrating within a year. It's entirely possible that Secret Lab is using better quality leather material than random office chair at Staples has. Wasn't willing to give them the benefit of the doubt though after so many crappy chair leather experiences.

The armrests on this one are lightly padded, enough to be comfortable if not squishy, and whatever foam they use has held up fine. And no exterior cracking on the pads themselves. Aside from some light use wear in the seat, the whole thing had held up well in padding and overall construction (no blown out hydraulics or center post dragging the floor, etc)

I can tell you that, without a doubt, the Secretlab "hybrid leatherette" is absolutely nothing like pleather. After owning mine for 2+ years there is zero sign of wear in any facet of the upholstery. It is exceptionally high quality.

My only gripe is that the chair is a little too firm.
Appreciate the input from you both, thanks! I'll definitely keep them in mind when I get to looking again. I've been needing a new chair for a while now.

I have a Steelcase Leap from 2004 and the cloth is finally starting to give out on the seat.

And the good news is I can just buy a new seat.

I would recommend looking into an office furniture resale/wholesale outlet in your area and buy a premium office chair. They're better than any gaming specific chair and usually have a long tail of product support.

I'm still on the original cylinder, too, but I have a spare in the closet just in case it finally dies.

I've had my ass parked in my Secret Lab Titan for a couple years now, including it being my work-from-home daily driver, and have been very happy with it. No regrets.
Have to ask this…. This brand keeps getting advertised everywhere. Especially with the new GameStop movie out soon. It was obvious they were paid sponsors for the film.

That being said, I have a monster PC setup at this point. Only thing I never spent ‘extra’ money on is a chair. I use a standard office leather chair, about $150. People talk secret labs like it will change your life. For $500… it better. So I distress. Is it truly ‘worth it’, and asking in the sense that the price is not a concern, just a value perspective. I’m concerned I’ll get it and won’t notice any difference.

It was "worth it" in that it's a comfortable chair made for a 'big' person (6'1" 210lbs) that supports my back from ass to head and that has held up to a couple of years of constant use without any sort of failure.  Every $100-$150 chair I've owned has started having issues within a year with either the material failing or the center column not staying up or something else.  In the sense of the "Boots Economy" theory (paying $100 for a good pair of boots that lasts ten years is better than paying $20 for a pair that lasts a season) the value is there.

It's a comfortable chair though I'm probably used to it by now.  My wife comes into the room sometimes if I'm on the couch and sits in it and always remarks on how good it feels.  She sits in it rarely so it's more of a novelty for her where, for me, it's just "a chair" at this point.  It is more firm than many chairs which might be a learning curve for your body but I think feels better all around.

I'm not some huge advocate for Secret Lab, I just happen to own one.  I'm sure there's other good options from other "gamer" chair makers or higher end office chairs.  I also don't really think of it as a "gamer" chair; my dark grey/black chair looks pretty much like an executive style office chair.  It's also gone against all the traditional wisdom of "lol gamer chairs" being well-made and comfortable for full-time daily use with a couple of years behind it.

Final note: I doubt much has changed but I got my chair before they increased the price and before the latest model of Titan.

Just spent a bit more on GMG last night but Horizon Zero Dawn finally hit 9.99 on Newegg with their promo code.

Can anyone recommend which Battlefield game is the best one to get if I want to play on my Steam Deck?

I've liked all of them that I have played previously. Haven't tried 2042 yet.

Probably would have gone with 2042, but proton says it's borked on Steam Deck. Would I be able to play it streaming from my gaming laptop?

bread's done
Back