Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Funny add-on... Metro 2033 (vanilla) was the first game I purchased on Steam about 2 years ago. I have since acquired it a total of five times (not including the Redux). Never played it (on PC).
Metro 2033 is awesome.

If you like horror-based FPS's, you should've already played this by now.

Yeah, probably - since EA owns Maxis.

Though, Sims + Katy Perry fans can be happy, since Katy Perry's "Prism" album is FREE on Google Play this week:

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Katy_Perry_PRISM?id=Bsq4z7h7ccqfdkyzu5ybjf6hbdy
Honestly, I dislike her new stuff so much that I can't even bring myself to "buy" that. I actually enjoyed her early stuff, because it was fairly well done and it was catchy. The new stuff is so bland and terrible that I end up changing the station every time I hear it come on.

I mean seriously, that song Unconditionally? It sounds like she's singing the dictionary. Unconditionally doesn't even fit into the chorus, so she sings it "Uncon-dition-ally". It's laughable.

Honestly, I dislike her new stuff so much that I can't even bring myself to "buy" that. I actually enjoyed her early stuff, because it was fairly well done and it was catchy. The new stuff is so bland and terrible that I end up changing the station every time I hear it come on.

I mean seriously, that song Unconditionally? It sounds like she's singing the dictionary. Unconditionally doesn't even fit into the chorus, so she sings it "Uncon-dition-ally". It's laughable.
Even though I already bought that a while back on Amazon - it's still hard to beat free!

Especially since Google Play usually consistently at a higher KBps rate (320 kbps) than Amazon (with Amazon MP3, God knows what you'll get from album-to-album...).

I'll wait a while for Ashes to mention FLAC and other Lossless files of music...

{taps foot impatiently}

Even though I already bought that a while back on Amazon - it's still hard to beat free!

Especially since Google Play usually consistently at a higher KBps rate (320 kbps) than Amazon (with Amazon MP3, God knows what you'll get from album-to-album...).

I'll wait a while for Ashes to mention FLAC and other Lossless files of music...

{taps foot impatiently}
The last two albums I got from Amazon were 256... Not all that great, but passable.

I dislike some of her new stuff because it's poorly written compared to her older stuff, but everything she's ever done is shallow, catchy pop.

I dislike some of her new stuff because it's poorly written compared to her older stuff, but everything she's ever done is shallow, catchy pop.
True, it's all just dumb pop music, and I never went out of my way to listen to her. Still, her early stuff was actually relatively fun to hear now and then, like I Kissed a Girl (which is stupid, but is a really well put together song), Hot and Cold, etc. Shit like Firework and Unconditionally are just dreadfully boring.

WTF did I walk in to...a 13 year old girls forum?

Whats next, how Miley Cyrus was a better artist as Hannah Montana?  

True, it's all just dumb pop music, and I never went out of my way to listen to her. Still, her early stuff was actually relatively fun to hear now and then, like I Kissed a Girl (which is stupid, but is a really well put together song), Hot and Cold, etc. Shit like Firework and Unconditionally are just dreadfully boring.
I really hate the birthday song...

I don't know if it's been mention earlier, haven't catch up on post, Zero Gear now has cards. 4 drops, 8 total.
Dammit that's my job. I was kinda busy today though so thanks for taking up the slack.

Have you played Metro LL yet?
Not yet. But at least I've got two versions of it now as well. I planned on playing through both 2033 and LL, but TWD has now taken the play-now spot. I just finished 400 days (which while short was surprisingly good) and am headed into Season 2.

Think it's supposed to be geared towards little ones. Still doesn't forgive the camera and clipping issues.
I expected at least 8 stages. I cleared six, and the game said "You're done!"

I still have a LOT of work to get the "Get 1000 / 3000 Berries" achievements. I beat the game with around 700 of those, you only get like 100ish per stage.

I expected at least 8 stages. I cleared six, and the game said "You're done!"

I still have a LOT of work to get the "Get 1000 / 3000 Berries" achievements. I beat the game with around 700 of those, you only get like 100ish per stage.
dunno if they fixed it but there was a glitch that gave you all berries from the first level if you quit out of it. Cuts the time down quite a bit.

can we stop getting off topic and get back to talking about female pop artists?

my favorite is barry mannilow, btw

I have. Got bored and uninstalled after three or four hours just like I did with the first. Over-scripted, railroaded, and uninteresting. But it looks pretty!
I'm gonna have to put on my old-man hat and agree with you there, Mooby. :oldman: Well, to clarify, I disliked 2033 so much that I could never bring myself to be interested in LL.

Do people who use Idlemaster notice it is any slower with the drop rates? It has taken forever on a few of the games.
maybe game developers complained & Steam revised its card drop mechanic.

Developer: "M'lord Gaben, how the heck some dudes spent 100 hours in my little game & didn't even unlock 1 single achievement?"

Gabe: "Fear not my peasant! I will link card drop to achievements to make sure that people DID PLAY your crappy brainchild"

Has anyone signed up for Early Access to the Razer Cortex platform? I just did and was wondering if it's as good as it sounds.

• Game Launcher
  • Deal Tracker (Steam, Origin, GamerGate, Green Man Gaming, GOG, Gamestop, Amazon -hah!)
  • Game Booster
  • Save Game Manager (unlimited cloud)
  • Media Share (unlimited resolution video, no watermark, etc)
Obviously, the deal-thing caught my eye. I'm not really dying for any of the other stuff, but it might be nice to try. An aggregate platform is long overdue, though it'd be hard to be pulled away from Steam's community features. 

Has anyone signed up for Early Access to the Razer Cortex platform? I just did and was wondering if it's as good as it sounds.

• Game Launcher
  • Deal Tracker (Steam, Origin, GamerGate, Green Man Gaming, GOG, Gamestop, Amazon -hah!)
  • Game Booster
  • Save Game Manager (unlimited cloud)
  • Media Share (unlimited resolution video, no watermark, etc)
Obviously, the deal-thing caught my eye. I'm not really dying for any of the other stuff, but it might be nice to try. An aggregate platform is long overdue, though it'd be hard to be pulled away from Steam's community features.
I've actually used Game Booster in the past... It's not terrible as long as you know what you're disabling.

I've used a past incarnation with just the game booster portion (ninjaed!) and didn't really notice much difference but apparently I am number 7,500 in line for 'Early Access' (that phrase is really getting around; I'm expecting to see it in the grocery store soon) for the new version that basically sounds like IsThereAnyDeal tacked on to some tweaker program.

'Early Access' (that phrase is really getting around; I'm expecting to see it in the grocery store soon)
seed-packets-2009.jpg

Early access vegetables.

I'm gonna have to put on my old-man hat and agree with you there, Mooby. :oldman: Well, to clarify, I disliked 2033 so much that I could never bring myself to be interested in LL.
It's the pacing that is awful. If they did away with some of cutscenes/loss-of-control moments/E-Larp wandering then it could be solid. I gave up on LL shortly after the psuedo-vehicle section where I had to drive a bit, clear out spiders to get rid of a road block, drive a bit, clear out spiders to get rid of a roadblock, etc. Was tedious in Half Life 2 and it's tedious again here despite the beautiful gelatinous sheen glimmering off of the egg sacks.

Too much FP'ing and not enough S'ing.

It's the pacing that is awful. If they did away with some of cutscenes/loss-of-control moments/E-Larp wandering then it could be solid. I gave up on LL shortly after the psuedo-vehicle section where I had to drive a bit, clear out spiders to get rid of a road block, drive a bit, clear out spiders to get rid of a roadblock, etc. Was tedious in Half Life 2 and it's tedious again here despite the beautiful gelatinous sheen glimmering off of the egg sacks.

Too much FP'ing and not enough S'ing.
I remember back in the day of me playing Final Fantasy, I endured 5 hours of gameplay to see some beautiful 1 min cutscene or in-game cinematic. Those were the good old days

Some games take longer than others. Hearts of Iron III took 45 minutes per drop.

Blade Symphony seems to take over an hour per drop =/
That must be it. Some crappy heroes game took hours and hours and the cards are worth like .05 each.

I used Idlemaster on about 70 games the other week. You can check my recently played list to see how long it took for drops. The only one I've actually been playing is OFDP.Tha
Looks like mine are in line with most of yours. Just the few odd ones I guess that have slow card drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back