Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
This dude in the other thread got a Max Payne 3 special edition for $5 from Gamestop and is going to sell the game. Right. Because it totally hasn't been on sale dirt cheap 100 times some of which were the Steam version even, and because everyone wants to buy the disc version of it with crappy Rockstar DRM that you need to keep the disc for because as far as I can tell they have no cloud based servers you can redownload their games from later if you get the disc version.

Then again, maybe he'll find some grandma to buy it on eBay for a Christmas present or something.

Picked up a MP 3 from the base gamestop. I'll be keeping the statue and will be selling everything else.

Do what I do, go offline in chat and switch to web chat when you idle(master) for cards. Doesn't show what you are playing that way. When people see CAGs playing games they immediately know that cards have been added and everyone does the mad rush to get theirs in before the prices go down to 5 cents in 20 minutes.
I used to do that when cards had more value, now I care less. The Ys cards are worth less than 20 cents each now
Way to be team players guys.

Valve makes the community the god damned Thunderdome. It's every man for himself.

During the gem auction I mentioned a game in the Tebow chat and a bunch of y'all bitches went and bid on it and drove the price up. You got to learn to keep silent, until you get your deal anyway. :p

This dude in the other thread got a Max Payne 3 special edition for $5 from Gamestop and is going to sell the game. Right. Because it totally hasn't been on sale dirt cheap 100 times some of which were the Steam version even, and because everyone wants to buy the disc version of it with crappy Rockstar DRM that you need to keep the disc for because as far as I can tell they have no cloud based servers you can redownload their games from later if you get the disc version.

Then again, maybe he'll find some grandma to buy it on eBay for a Christmas present or something.
Yeah, Rockstar Social Club doesn't have download feature like Origin/uPay/Steam.

You either download from site you bought or install from disc.

(typo was totally intended)

When people see CAGs playing games they immediately know that cards have been added and everyone does the mad rush to get theirs in before the prices go down to 5 cents in 20 minutes.
I hope when people saw me playing Shannon Tweed's Attack of the Groupies, they all rushed to idle it for cards. That would make me feel better about the whole experience.

One of the games on sale on Steam right now is "ATLAS (Japanese text).  What makes this game worth mentioning?  It's NOT in English.  Oh, it must have be in Japanese and have subtitles  like in Anime right?  Nope.

Those suggested system specifications for GTA V are not as demanding as I would've thought. Even my aging 6-year old PC build with an OC'd Q6600 & HD5850 will be able to run it with the minimum requirements. I'm really surprised and slightly worried by this at the same time.

[customspoiler="GTA V Minimum specifications"]

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler="GTA V Recommended specifications"]

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Yeah, I saw that and was a little surprised, due to the GTA IV PC-port fiasco.

But remember GTA V is was designed for Xbux360/PS3 so even dated gaming rigs should run it easily (barring a bad port).

Those gift copies usually don't show up for me until the next time I restart Steam. And I don't feel like doing that now. Because I'm totally not idlemastering.

There was a glitch on it wasn't there? Tebow tried to get me to buy it at the price glitch price but I just didn't want that game even price mistake cheap.

Maybe. Whatever it was, it was too much for soon-to-be-dead MP game.
TssoKnm.gif

madjoki is slipping. The real madjoki would have bought multiple copies and sold them for profit. I don't think they got locked

madjoki is slipping. The real madjoki would have bought multiple copies and sold them for profit. I don't think they got locked
I'm pretty sure no one wants that game that much, so it would be unnecessary risk.

$1 Alien Isolation on other hand... well it could've been shit too, but $1 is still less than $5.

It's in fact exact same model used to delay GTA IV.

First release date X.

Two weeks before release date X announce two month delay and specs, assuring game is gonna be great on PC.

1 + 1 = 2....

2 * 2 = 4....

Which means it will be GTA IV thing yet again...
They need more time to implement additional DRM.

Well, I finally broke down and created an alt steam account to idle extra bundle-fodder games for cards.

Do I have to be a certain steam level now to trade/sell them?  Or do I have to do something else... (Sorry if I haven't been paying attention - never thought I'd bother doing this.)

Edit - nevermind I found the stupid FAQ on Limited User Accounts.  FukkityFukFukFuk.

Just move them to your main account. Trade offers make it easy.
That was the plan. I think the easiest way to enable that would be to buy something cheap and wait until steam deems the alt worthy of trades (Thanks Obama Steamguard).

But I worked so hard to get rid of them from my main account!

Oh shit! I still have a GunMonkeys!  Good thinking madjoki!

Edit - well I have access to friends now, but still gotta wait 15 days to trade anything.  I feel like I should have been paying better attention to this thread at some point last year.  Oh, well.  Thanks for the assistance guys.

Nice @ it going to GOG.

WTF @ them cutting the Steam market out, which is a huge portion of PC gamers.

Is this a timed exclusive for GOG or full-blown GOG exclusive period?
From reading a bit it seems as if its only pre-order exclusive on GOG. It'll be added to Steam upon release.

http://www.pcgamer.com/grim-fandango-remastered-pre-order-listing-appears/

" Weirdly, the pre-order period is exclusive to GOG. On release, Grim Fandango Remastered will crop up on other PC distribution platforms."

Those suggested system specifications for GTA V are not as demanding as I would've thought. Even my aging 6-year old PC build with an OC'd Q6600 & HD5850 will be able to run it with the minimum requirements. I'm really surprised and slightly worried by this at the same time.

[customspoiler="GTA V Minimum specifications"]

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

[customspoiler="GTA V Recommended specifications"]

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Wow, I guess we won't need a rocket-ship to run GTA 5 PC.

Even the recommended specs ain't that bad for me, except for the vid-card recommendation. Still, looks like I'll be able to run this, even if I don't upgrade the vid-card anytime soon.

Well, I'll be damned.

Just as well, no one in their right mind buys non-Steam games from GG.
I have DRM-FREE versions of Bastion: Soundtrack Ed, Sacred 2 Gold, STALKER Clear Sky from Gamersgate.

Also bought Syndicate FPS (Origin) from them, as well.

And I have White Gold + Precursors.

And that's just for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back