Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoe was honored to be honored.

1tqv5h.jpg
Cute dog you got there Fox! I also like the name Zoe-reminds me of this Zoe from my all time favorite snowboarding game SSX

zoefullsize.jpg

I suppose I shouldn't point out that when it gets bundled most likely it will have both Steam and DRM free options ("The best of both worlds! ;) ") because then that wouldn't let you feel better about your GOG purchase. Whoops, too late.

PS - No one here (except one person :roll:) likes DRM-free. The more games you get the more of a PITA it becomes and the easier it is to forget about them and where you got them from. You'll see.
I think the trick is this: install games from Non-Steam services in a place you will find them.

Even those who pledge most allegiance to the GaBeN - you're still gonna run into a few games + services you're gonna need + have to tolerate other than Steam for certain particular games just b/c Steam don't have them for whatever reason - i.e. Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield series (namely 3 + 4; and probably Hardline), and many other EA titles that are currently stuck on only Origin.

Ideas...

Create a folder C:\Non-Steam. House ALL Non-Steam games here.

Use sub-folders for where you bought the games or what service it's tied to.

Path for GOG - C:\Non-Steam\GOG.

Path for Origin - C:\Non-Steam\Origin.

When installing a game, always put it in your new easy-to-find path.

Of course - if you like running all games when you're on Steam: always add Non-Steam services + Games to Steam; and categorize them properly once done within Steam, as soon as you decide to install them! That way - you don't forget them!

The problem is - most people are lazy and just put Non-Steam games in their default game locations. Don't do that - b/c companies do NOT make things very organized, if it ain't tied to some service like Origin, Steam, UPlay, etc. You'll never find it, if you don't put it somewhere logical for yourself. They scatter crap. I learned the hard way.

Only real instance you should put a game in a certain place is if it ONLY works in a certain folder - i.e. Wizardry 8 Steam-version ONLY works when you copy + paste the game-folder to C:\Wiz8.

It still requires someone to update their site and I don't trust them to do it in anywhere near a timely fashion for old bundles they aren't currently making money off of. Remember how long it took Groupees to restore their old files? They sure weren't in a hurry with that.

Well I guess if the above is correct then we are okay. Still sucks though.

Where can we go to yell and bitch at Valve over this? :p
I'd guess here, but they'd probably finish Half-Life 3 before responding to us.

Well, you can tell me your methods to dealing w/ Non-Steam games.

I know you have games on other services - i.e. Dragon Age: Inquisition, which requires Origin.

I'm all ears...
I literally did not pay attention to your wall of text so I don't know what mumbo jumbo you were yaking about and don't care, probably the same old tired make a shortcut shit, but my method is to not buy shit that's not Steam or Desura unless it's something I know I will play right away. And if it is, then it doesn't matter because I'm playing it not shoving it in the backlog.

I literally did not pay attention to your wall of text so I don't know what mumbo jumbo you were yaking about and don't care, probably the same old tired make a shortcut shit, but my method is to not buy shit that's not Steam or Desura unless it's something I know I will play right away. And if it is, then it doesn't matter because I'm playing it not shoving it in the backlog.
Actually, to try and keep this somewhat short: I said that you could create a folder C:\Non-Steam and use sub-folders for each service (Gamersgate, Origin, GOG, etc) - and install them there.

Anyways, I was curious how you went about w/ Non-Steam games - since you do have some games like DA: Inquisition, which are not on Steam.

I would guess you added Origin service + DAI as a Non-Steam game, right?

I would guess you added Origin service + DAI as a Non-Steam game, right?
If I want to take screenshots and upload it to my Steam feed sometimes then yes. But a lot of the time I don't bother and just run straight from Origin.

I'm not going to forget I own Dragon Age or the Sims like I would some little indie pixel game so while I'd get them on Steam if I had the choice, I'm not fussed with those rare exceptions if they're not.

OTOH 2Artsy4U Walking Simulator is not something I would buy outside of Steam. I'd say I really should try that one day, toss it at the bottom of the mental pile and then forget about it because I don't see it in 'the list'. And even if I did vaguely remember I owned it probably forget which of the 40 damned stores I got it from.

It's about knowing myself and being realistic.

RIP

ucousTF.jpg

Also, I don't remember whose dog this is but I had to take a photo (old grainy camera phone). He was adamant that this was how you used a frisbee.

Ct1clqC.jpg

Leia says "hi"

25hivfc.png

That pic is from 2012. She's "a bit" bigger now xD

Edit:

With Peach:

1o7nti.jpg
What a cutie! We're definitely trying to enjoy the puppy months while we still can.

These "deals" are not making me thirsty!

xhb1B2Y.jpg

BV9mCC2.jpg
Another cutie! We love huskies but we don't have a yard to keep one in right now (heard they can get out of almost any yard if they want to).

The name Zoe mostly reminds me about conversations regarding sluts, actually.

Especially when Fox says it, for some reason. No idea why.
She's fixed so hopefully that will keep the slutting down to a minimum, but I love sluts so I wouldn't mind if she was the neighborhood hussy (as long as she didn't bring any babies home).

I wonder why FoxHack hasn't shared himself in one of his 'outfits' yet.
I'm not posting a picture of my pet because he died a few months ago from parvovirus. We didn't know what was wrong with him until it was too late to help him.

So kindly fuck the fuck off.

I'm not posting a picture of my pet because he died a few months ago from parvovirus. We didn't know what was wrong with him until it was too late to help him.

So kindly fuck the fuck off.
he wanted a picture of you in your furry pants not one of your un vaccinated dog

relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back