Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have GamersGate accounts... it appears that the site is in the process of exchanging some DRM Free downloads for Steam keys. As expected, the GOG forum is up on arms about this. The Viva Media rep on Steam did not know about this and apologized, saying that he'll try to get the DRM free versions of their games back.

But still, this means that some of your games may now have shiny Steam keys waiting for you.

For those of you who have GamersGate accounts... it appears that the site is in the process of exchanging some DRM Free downloads for Steam keys. As expected, the GOG forum is up on arms about this. The Viva Media rep on Steam did not know about this and apologized, saying that he'll try to get the DRM free versions of their games back.

But still, this means that some of your games may now have shiny Steam keys waiting for you.
Maybe I can get a Steam key for Aliens Vs. Predator Classic.

Is there a list? Edit: Aw shucks. No key.

Last edited:
Out of Early Access... you sure don't see that very often.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Eh, I thought the discount would be greater for it, maybe I didn't really keep up cause dev made it sound like it'll be at least 50% off or more, though from people response, this game deserve a remake. I can always wait it out.
See, the thing about this game for me is that unlike FTL, for example, I don't know how much it needed a remake/expanded edition. With the Wrath of the Lamb expansion BoI felt pretty darn complete to me. I beat it several times, attempted to many more, and never unlocked more than 2/3 of the items and collectibles. In retrospect, I would have happily paid ten bucks for FTL advanced edition - but it was free. I don't see a BoI remake providing that much additional value, since I for one was fine with the keyboard for control to begin with. About the only thing I would ask for is an item descriptor so I don't have to keep alt-tabbing back to the wiki every other goddamn room.

I've never played it, but I did pick up the free DLC the last time they handed it out. I found that I couldn't add this DLC until I went back and hit PLAY GAME from the store page (and then cancelled, of course). After that it registered the new one to my account.
I don't know why I am registering to my account DLC for a game I will never install. Somebody has my number.

So Killing Floor 2 is officially a 2015 release?  Seriously, WTF?  The latest dev diary video reveals they aren't even done with the motion capture for the zeds and have another session planned for 2015.  So that probably puts the release date in mid-late 2015?  I get the whole announcing and hyping up the game well in advance, but why not at least let people know from the beginning?

The announcement early this year made no mention of a 2015 release and you could even get DLC from PC Gamer magazine in May or June for a game still over a year away?  Makes no sense to me.  Unless the dev diary video is really old footage (from 2013 and the dev was saying they were having another motion capture session in 2014?).  Either way, the lack of even a vague release date has officially pissed me off.

/rant

for now

Free-to-Play game Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms is having another free DLC weekend, with one piece given away each day. Friday's DLC is Looks and Power (Assault).

IJM_1weapon_DPM.jpg
Nice.

Added it.

Well, that stinks.

Good thing I already downloaded my DRM-FREE copy of Gray Matter already + kept the installer files backed-up somewhere.

Glad they're going to get the DRM-FREE version back-up, though.

But, also - wo0t @ getting a Steam-key for that from GG recently. :D

Best of both worlds there!

Has anyone successfully bought a cheap Nvidia Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel promo code/key from eBay yet? They tend to go for a minimum of $30 each. I've had a few last second sniper bids catch me with my pants down twice when I was close to winning them for around $20. Bastards. Sadly there just are not enough of these flooding eBay to bring the price down. As much as I love the Borderlands series for what it is that MSRP makes my stomach churn. Almost to a derpening degree.

Although there's plenty of time until Oct. 14th to see those prices drop like the Batman: Arkham Origins promo codes/keys did. I was just curious.

Has anyone successfully bought a cheap Nvidia Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel promo code/key from eBay yet? They tend to go for a minimum of $30 each. I've had a few last second sniper bids catch me with my pants down twice when I was close to winning them for around $20. Bastards. Sadly there just are not enough of these flooding eBay to bring the price down. As much as I love the Borderlands series for what it is that MSRP makes my stomach churn. Almost to a derpening degree.

Although there's plenty of time until Oct. 14th to see those prices drop like the Batman: Arkham Origins promo codes/keys did. I was just curious.
I haven't tried for them. The Nvidia ones always seem to be more expensive, even the Uplay ones, but for the Uplay codes they tend to drop eventually and especially after release they drop a ton. Not sure if this'll be the case for this one, but I just got a Watchdogs Uplay Code from the Nvidia promo for 4 TF2 Keys. They actually were going for $30ish back when it was a pre-order. So basically, play the waiting game. I now if you stalk ebay even close to release date you can sometimes still snag a deal. I saw some Watchdogs going for $10 week of release but I could never catch them.

So Killing Floor 2 is officially a 2015 release? Seriously, WTF? The latest dev diary video reveals they aren't even done with the motion capture for the zeds and have another session planned for 2015. So that probably puts the release date in mid-late 2015? I get the whole announcing and hyping up the game well in advance, but why not at least let people know from the beginning?

The announcement early this year made no mention of a 2015 release and you could even get DLC from PC Gamer magazine in May or June for a game still over a year away? Makes no sense to me. Unless the dev diary video is really old footage (from 2013 and the dev was saying they were having another motion capture session in 2014?). Either way, the lack of even a vague release date has officially pissed me off.

/rant

for now
WTF indeed. I was excited for the game, and was even considering picking it up on day one (if it was <$20), but now I've pretty much lost interest.

Not sure if this is the right place for a trade but I have an extra FTL: Advance Edition Steam code I'd like to trade. Let me know..

I find it incredibly unlikely that it will be <$20 at release, or even pre-order.
Yeah, looking at the vids and considering what some other indies sell at right now (and the fact it'll likely be in EA initially) I'd be surprised at $29.99. I think maybe $39.99 sounds more likely.

2 month wait for Binding of Isaac :(

Oh well, at least we're getting it this year, although it's odd they want to release right in the middle of the biggest gaming releases of the year.

It's already the number 2 seller on Steam.
Edmund McMillen gets out of bed every morning wondering if he ought to get out of the way of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Then he scratches his hairless cat behind the ears and sketches a puss-covered alien vomiting up its insecurities onto a lonely child.

what do people trade in there?
Insults and feces.

I find it incredibly unlikely that it will be <$20 at release, or even pre-order.
$19.99 after loyalty discount (or something along those lines) is reasonable to me, so that's what I was willing to pay.

Yeah, looking at the vids and considering what some other indies sell at right now (and the fact it'll likely be in EA initially) I'd be surprised at $29.99. I think maybe $39.99 sounds more likely.
They can go screw themselves if they try $39.99 for anything but a "100%-complete, no non-included DLC ever" version.

$19.99 after loyalty discount (or something along those lines) is reasonable to me, so that's what I was willing to pay.

They can go screw themselves if they try $39.99 for anything but a "100%-complete, no non-included DLC ever" version.
I think and hope $29.99 is more likely. I say that because a game I would compare it to the most is Payday 2 in terms of DLC, popularity, etc. and that one was $29.99 MSRP when it came out. I just wouldn't be surprised to see it $39.99.

I mean look at Borderlands 2. $59.99, Season Pass, and then like $100 of extra DLC bullshit. Popular stuff sells at any price and Tripwire's recent DLC pricing seems to indicate they are not the giving dev they used to be.

Popular stuff sells at any price and Tripwire's recent DLC pricing seems to indicate they are not the giving dev they used to be.
You're kidding right? Compare the content in the game at release to what is in the base game as of now. The reason the weapon DLCs only go half price is because a chunk of the funds go to the community members who made them. And using the pricing from a single sale to somehow predict future pricing or sale points is just silly.

You're kidding right? Compare the content in the game at release to what is in the base game as of now. The reason the weapon DLCs only go half price is because a chunk of the funds go to the community members who made them. And using the pricing from a single sale to somehow predict future pricing or sale points is just silly.
It's not just one sale. This is a clear pattern going back about a year now of them reducing the discount on DLC compared to what they used to do AND increasing the MSRP of the older DLC. I thought only certain weapon packs were community? And others were dev including the character DLCs.

Yes, they have added a ton of content to the game since it came out, but I wouldn't be surprised if KF2 put an end to that.

So Killing Floor 2 is officially a 2015 release? Seriously, WTF?
I hope not. I'm Steam friends with the head guy at Tripwire and I see him playing Killing Floor 2 every day. Since they're doing an Early Access thing, I kinda figured they were close enough for an EA release this year.

I have no inside knowledge of pricing, but you can probably just toss out that $19.99 price straight away. They know they've got a pretty good IP in Killing Floor and I'm betting on $39.99. However, I could see them doing a limited time loyalty bonus. I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with Red Orchestra 2.

If I get the same amount of playing time out of the sequel, then I won't be too upset with something around $30.

Yes, they have added a ton of content to the game since it came out, but I wouldn't be surprised if KF2 put an end to that.
I wasn't sure if you were saying KF2 would put an end to KF content. If so, I believe you're right. I'd be surprised to see many more content updates once KF2 is up for purchase. Keep in mind though, that they've definitely drawn from the community level designers, so it wouldn't be impossible to do -- just that I think they'd want to let KF sunset so that people are more drawn to the new game.

Tripwire does deserve credit for their support of KF. I was critical of the lack of content when it was released, but it's easily quadrupled in size in the time since. And I do know that they will continue to encourage amateur level design and modding for KF2. That's a major plus.

Jesus. Guild Wars Trilogy should be $7.50 by now if not $5.

Last edited:
Edmund McMillen gets out of bed every morning wondering if he ought to get out of the way of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Then he scratches his hairless cat behind the ears and sketches a puss-covered alien vomiting up its insecurities onto a lonely child.

Insults and feces.
mysterd jokes toast jokes

but for how long?
i say 20 yearsm an hehe or till he died again

if you gt guild wars through steam do you have to be logged into it to play it still? Was thinking of getting a copy for my niece but dont want to have to have her be logged in to steam to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back