Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, since it's a Sega game, we'll get a crappy port now. Proper PC support and achievements will show up four or five years later.

You're right, since it's a Sega game, we'll get a crappy port now. Proper PC support and achievements will show up four or five years later.
Hey, now that Atlus is part of Sega, maybe PC'll never get their actually good games and instead they'll publish all sorts of random crap that nobody actually cares about.

...wait.

Isn't that sort of the stated point of the game?
It's just not entertaining, or enjoyable in any way, shape or form. It's not even in the slightest bit amusing.

It's like a restaurant saying they make "The World's Worst Food", but no matter what you order you're served a plate of broken glass.

WARNING!!! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!

INSTALL, IDLE AND IMMEDIATELY UNINSTALL!!!!!

Seriously. This is HANDS DOWN the worst game I have ever played.
One of the Steam reviews suggests that the game's target audience is people who have been in a coma and that "normal people" wouldn't understand.

You don't play a lot of strategy games, do you?
Maybe if we doesn´t count x-com 1, starcraft, total war series, Warhammer series (even shadow of the hornet rat!), Civ series, C&C series, Age of Empires/Mythology/Wonders, company of heroes series, total annihilation, sup commander, Master of Magic, HoMM 3, Caesar 3, Zeus, Cleopatra, Empire Earth, Dungeon Keeper, Dune 2/2000/emperor (even Dune 1, loved that one), Populous, Jagged Alliance 2, Master of Orion, Lords of the realm, Panzer General series (including Fantasy General!), Commandos, King's Bounty, Eador, Settlers, Dark Reign, Battle Isle series, Myth 1 & 2.... and a couple more... it can be one of the best ever.

So, you see, it is close... ;)

Edit: I'm not saying the game is bad, It can be an amazing game... but one of the best ones of all time... No. It have a TON of competition.

Edit 2: Btw, again... I loved this Stronghold game! We need a remake!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!

INSTALL, IDLE AND IMMEDIATELY UNINSTALL!!!!!

Seriously. This is HANDS DOWN the worst game I have ever played.
Well now I have to play it. Thanks a lot

what the heck apparently I already own this game\\well here's a key for someone to use

CQEC9-5085A-CK77W

Well now I have to play it. Thanks a lot

what the heck apparently I already own this game\\well here's a key for someone to use

CQEC9-5085A-CK77W
spodered

(for good or ill)

:D/ :whistle2:

(this is my reward [or punishment] for being up at this ungodly hour)

I just played 6 minutes of Uriel's Chasm. Here is my reaction

omgwtf.gif

1) DSFix is all you really need.

2) Pyromancer is a fun starting class; fairly well rounded from beginning to end game. I'd avoid Thief, Hunter and Deprived until you're familiar with the game mechanics and enemy patterns. Stats you build up will depend on your build. A magic build will build up intelligence with some attunement to carry extra spells. Others may build up dexterity. Unless you are focusing on a strength build, you really only need to build it up to be able to use the weapons you want. Kindling a bonfire will increase your Estus flasks, requires offering Humanity and can only be done in human form. Also, you can only summon and invade (or be invaded) while in human form.

Edit: One thing to keep in mind is that dying and losing souls isn't a big thing. Souls can be farmed easily if needed (especially once you unlock the forest passage). The only thing to really avoid is being cursed and even then, at most it's mainly super (super super super) annoying, especially if you get cursed multiple times in a row. Concentrate on finding a weapon you like/find effective and start improving the weapon. Personally, I really love the range of Halberds.
In case you're wondering, it's right about here that you start losing people who've never played one of these games before.
All you really need to know is that Dark Souls is the best thing ever and if it doesn't give you a digi-boner you have no hope.

Having said that... I would definitely pick pyromancer as starting class, as the effectiveness of pyromancy doesn't require any leveling investment, and is pretty handy. Also, I wouldn't recommend looking at a walkthrough your first time through, because a big part of Dark Souls that makes it so enjoyable to me is getting lost in the world. Dark Souls has one of the best game worlds ever in my opinion. The level design (for the most part...it tends to drop toward the end) is overall superb, the lore is fascinating if you really delve into it, there are a bunch of secrets to be found (it's ludicrous some of the things you can miss...the lack of some of the more massive secrets is part of what made DS II a let down to me), and the choice of not putting in music outside of boss fights (and a few choice environments) really actually helps greatly immerse you in the world. I do, however, recommend looking up the upgrade system. It's a bit complicated at first, and extremely important. Also...if you're using a titanite slab of any kind, do so cautiously...you can only get so many slabs in a playthrough.

For anyone who previously bought Hack 'n' Slash or Spacebase DF9, you should now have the other game as a free gift in your inventory.

There's also a bundle with both games and soundtracks:

Sweet, an unfinished game and a game which apparently has an interesting concept but is nothing special. Will wait for bundle.

Double Fine continues to be the most overrated developer in the history of video games.

Dark Souls update:

Played through the tutorial last night. No achievements popped. Seems like they're in the database but aren't live yet. Boo.

Dark Souls update:

Played through the tutorial last night. No achievements popped. Seems like they're in the database but aren't live yet. Boo.
Yeah, I'm guessing that achievements will pop beginning with the start of the migration period which according to the latest posted update, will begin starting in November. I'm just happy that they'll allow save migration, but knowing me, I'll forget about it and then remember after the fact and blame it on all you dumbasses because it seems the right thing to do.

Seems there is a glitch on Norway Steam Store on Alien Isolation Digital Deluxe. Around $7.

I saw it on reddit and enhanced steam shows up this as it is yet alive.

I'm up to $26 from selling steam cards and I still got like 10 pages of cards to sell and games are still being idled. 

I'm ready for the steam sale Gaben.

be2.gif

New 'On the House' promotion from Origin: Crusader: No Remorse - Free

Also IndieGala is giving away another game, Realms of the Haunting (probably requires social media, but I can't tell because it is down at the moment.)
It doesn't require social media, this is like the Canyon Capers freebie, you only have to be a member of the Steam group and enter your email (or use your IG profile.)

Not a bad freebie, I've heard good things about the game.

New Releases

Dark Arcana: The Carnival- $5.59

Lords of the Fallen- $59.99

Coin Crypt- $8.49(out of early access)

The Detail $5.39 (The Wire meets Walking Dead!)

Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyessy- $5.39

Zero Point- $11.99

Koya Rift- $3.59

Dungeon Lurk II- Leona- $9.99

Spacebase DF-9(out of early access)- $11.99 (im selling a copy for $5)

Fabula Mortis- $10.19

Early Access

Skara- The Blade Remains- $19.99

Retro-Pixel Castles- $12.74

I don't even know what that is. Is that what happens when you level up your e-peen?

But, on a DS related note, I won DSII in jshackles Extra Life raffle. (Yipee!) Now I just need to get the season pass.
Season pass is great...level design in dlc is better than in the base game

Re Darks Souls beginner: 1. I used dsix for resolution change only. 2. Magic is "easy mode". 3. Weapon leveling > character leveling. 4. Please avoid the wiki if all possible on you first play through unless you are really, literally at the level of frustration where you want to destroy your hardware. Even then just use it to get past the part your stuck on... Not exactly but these games remind me of old school mega man: harder than a coffin nail if you randomly play, cake walk if you go in a proper order. enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back