Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
83% off an Activision game = RARE.

83% off a COD game = RARE.

I need a free shipping coupon or something - and I'd be all over that.

That or find some more retail-boxed PC games w/ worthwhile sales, so I spend over $35 to get free shipping.
You know you can buy literally anything on Amazon to get the free shipping...there has to be something else you might want outside of a video game.

Right?

HIGHLY disappointed that there wasn't a decent sale on Dragon Age Inquisition.

*sighs*
I can't believe how many people I've seen say something like this. It released literally about 10 days before black friday. Not sure what people expected.

Also woot regularly has cod ghosts for 9.99. Of course they have their flat 5$ shipping, so you may have to find some other things to make it worth your while

Ha ha... pity it won't stop companies from using it. :whistle2:(
No, it'll just "encourage" companies to use worse DRM.

Example: Diablo 3 online-only type DRM as I don't know if there is a good bugless crack for that due to how that game functions with online.

Family Video had copies for 4.98....precious boxed retail....
Gohastings had it for the same price on BF and I got it just before it sold out. It was 4.99 + 2.28 shipping. Tax made it 7.80 or so. Still if you can buy something else to get free shipping, the Amazon deal isn't bad.

You know you can buy literally anything on Amazon to get the free shipping...there has to be something else you might want outside of a video game.

Right?
Get some toilet paper , toothpaste or soap MysterD! I still remember when I went to my student apartment's mail office to pick up my huge box of Charmin toilet paper. The girl couldn't help but laugh.

meanwhile good luck finishing the SP if you have certain setups. Myself, and many others going by the forums, cant get past a specific spot in the SP due to a clash between nvidia and the developers.  Starting at a certain release the nvidia drivers crash when you get to that spot in the game. After that its now uninstalled and back to CODBO2 if I want some SP shooting action

It also has some bad stuttering and choppy videos unless you find some magic setting in a config file somewhere to turn off, which at this point I cant remember what it was

meanwhile good luck finishing the SP if you have certain setups. Myself, and many others going by the forums, cant get past a specific spot in the SP due to a clash between nvidia and the developers. Starting at a certain release the nvidia drivers crash when you get to that spot in the game. After that its now uninstalled and back to CODBO2 if I want some SP shooting action

It also has some bad stuttering and choppy videos unless you find some magic setting in a config file somewhere to turn off, which at this point I cant remember what it was
What? Damn it. I thought it was supposed to run better than the consoles. You're talking about Ghosts right?

What? Damn it. I thought it was supposed to run better than the consoles. You're talking about Ghosts right?
yea, ghosts. I think its really video card and/or setup dependant, its something with nvidia drivers. This happens on my gtx660 but others have reports on gtx980's and a couple other cards

Im sure it does run better than consoles, though I have no frame of reference, it did run great once I fixed the stuttering and up to the crash point

I'm debating on Dynasty Warrior 8 Extreme Ultimate Ninja+ Whatever Force 3.1 Edition on Steam.  I wonder if it'll go cheaper.  I'm used to paying a premium for Japanese titles.  I could wait it out for the Holiday sale. 

Get some toilet paper , toothpaste or soap MysterD! I still remember when I went to my student apartment's mail office to pick up my huge box of Charmin toilet paper. The girl couldn't help but laugh.
I don't understand. Did you ask her if she poops? I bet she does, so why laugh at toilet paper, unless... unless SHE DIDN'T USE IT! Ugh, dude. That bitch was gross.

I don't understand. Did you ask her if she poops? I bet she does, so why laugh at toilet paper, unless... unless SHE DIDN'T USE IT! Ugh, dude. That bitch was gross.
Heh, I should've asked her about it. Maybe she uses a bidet? Anyways, Amazon shipped it in the big Charmin boxes you might see at Sam's or Costco. She just thought it was funny that I ordered everything from Amazon.

But yeah, Amazon has food too, and shampoo, protein powder, etc. Maybe Amazon even has fresh groceries in your area? Anyhow, you use toilet paper, right MysterD?

yea, ghosts. I think its really video card and/or setup dependant, its something with nvidia drivers. This happens on my gtx660 but others have reports on gtx980's and a couple other cards

Im sure it does run better than consoles, though I have no frame of reference, it did run great once I fixed the stuttering and up to the crash point
I have a 750 Ti, I hope the updated drivers don't mess it up.

I'm debating on Dynasty Warrior 8 Extreme Ultimate Ninja+ Whatever Force 3.1 Edition on Steam. I wonder if it'll go cheaper. I'm used to paying a premium for Japanese titles. I could wait it out for the Holiday sale.
Japanese publishers are usually a little stingier with the discounts, but if it can go 66%, it can go 75%.

However, the holiday sale is less than a month away so I really doubt any of this sale's frontpage deals will be cheaper then.

Every since they stopped packaging TP in retail boxes and switched to those plastic wraps MysterD has said no no.  He reverted to the old greek style of using a rag on stick in a bucket next to the toilet.  

If we're gonna start talking hauls, I'll just say that I picked up 74 games since the sale began.

• 8 were purchased through Steam.
  • Of the rest, about half were bought to give away, and the others were either trades, gifts, bundles, Nuuvem, or GMG credit.
I don't normally buy very many games during Black Friday anyway, but this is a record low via Steam. I'm sure the Winter Sale will yield similar results, and I know I'm not alone here.

Keeping in mind that Steam volume far eclipses that of its competitors, I wonder how long it will take before Steam feels the pressure from loss of sales and gets a little more aggressive with the deals again?

tumblr_m1it33DFzl1qbe0gto1_500.gif

My haul:
Metal Gear Rising (Nuuvem)
Silent Hill Homecoming (Nuuvem)
Killer is Dead (GG with the $4.33 blue coins back credit)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Someone gave this to me!  Woohoo!)

Also I have all my Christmas shopping done for the wife, kids and my mom.  Not digital games though.  Although my older child is getting several PS3 games and a 3DS XL.

Most of us own most of these, but this is a fairly good deal from Nuuvem:

Rockstar Games Collection (Steam) ~ $11 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
  • LA Noire
  • LA Noire DLC Bundle
  • Manhunt
  • Midnight Club 2
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne
  • Max Payne 3
  • Max Payne 3 Season Pass
[/customspoiler]

• Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • LA Noire
  • LA Noire DLC Bundle
  • Manhunt
  • Midnight Club 2
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 3
[/customspoiler]
... didn't this set also include GTA 1+2? I remember people buying it just to get those two games.

I'm debating on Dynasty Warrior 8 Extreme Ultimate Ninja+ Whatever Force 3.1 Edition on Steam. I wonder if it'll go cheaper. I'm used to paying a premium for Japanese titles. I could wait it out for the Holiday sale.
It'll be at least 25, which is what it's been all the other sales. If it doesn't go lower than that I was going to pick it up myself since the next sale would be awile.

• Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • LA Noire
  • LA Noire DLC Bundle
  • Manhunt
  • Midnight Club 2
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 3
[/customspoiler]
Assuming you don't have any of these, that's a really good deal.

Also, having just played Max Payne 1/2 this year, I was pleasantly surprised how well those games hold up (even the graphics are pretty good considering they're a couple 12 year old games - didn't even bother looking for texture mods or anything).

During the Black Fridayish period I've picked up:

STEAM STORE

The Banner Saga
BIT.TRIP FATE
Bit.Trip.Flux
Gomo
GTR - FIA GT Racing Game
Real World Racing: Miami
Halo: Spartan Assault
X-Com: Interceptor
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
Rogue Trooper
FlatOut
F1 Race Stars from Origin

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Contrast and [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Sonic Adventure 2 [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]from Amazon (Bing credit)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]THIEF 2013 and [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny Digital Deluxe Edition [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]from GMG[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Memoria from Bundle Stars[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]plus bundlez[/SIZE]

If ye be wantin' some free shipping from Amazon, ye be puttin' a preorder in da cart wit' yer order dere. Then when yer thing ships fer free, ye be canceling them there preorder. Arrr...

MysterD's Haul for 2014 Steam Autumn Sale/Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday:

All Steam keys, unless otherwise stated.

All digital products, unless otherwise stated.

Gamersgate:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

The Evil Within

Square Soft's website:

Final Fantasy XIII

Amazon -> Non-Steam products in this list:

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - physical box

Guild Wars 2 - physical box

HumbleBundle:

Pinball FX 2 Bundle - 1st Tier

Paradox Flash Bundle - 1st Tier

GameAgent:

Borderlands 2: "Complete" Pack

GreenManGaming:

Murdered: Soul Suspect

MysterD's Haul for 2014 Steam Autumn Sale/Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday:

All Steam keys, unless otherwise stated.

All digital products, unless otherwise stated.

*snip*

Amazon:

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - physical box

Guild Wars 2 - physical box
I don't see Ghosts and Toilet Paper from Amazon on there. :shame:

My haul;

Euro Truck Sim 2 Collector's (Krugz)

DLC I'll actually play;

Don't Starve - Reign of Giants (steambux)

EU4 - Res Republica + Republican music + Songs of War music[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] (steambux)[/SIZE]

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - High Power Cargo Pack[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] (steambux)[/SIZE]

DLC that was cheap enough;

XCOM: Enemy Within (GMG VIP)

Stealth Bastard Deluxe - The Teleporter Chambers + Soundtrack[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] (steambux)[/SIZE]

Aaaaa!!! Brutal Concussion[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] (steambux)[/SIZE]

99 Levels to Hell Soundtrack[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] (steambux)[/SIZE]

Real World Racing: Miami[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] (steambux)[/SIZE]

Only spent $4 real monies.

I just grabbed Gunhound EX; that was it for me.  Was tempted by Russian prices on some of the games, but thought I might as well wait till the winter sale.  My backlog is starting to feel unwieldy.

Yet another sale where this didn't get any discount at all = another bitterly disappointing sale.

BTW, Is it too early to do the Christmas avatars?

Is it just me, or was the Steam sale totally underwhelming?  It feels like Steam has done far better sales in the past and this one just didn't live up, or is the Black Friday sale always this disappointing.  

I must say that Nuuvem has ridiculous prices.  If you can get over the language and currency barrier, they're a great service for games, assuming you don't have any region lock issues.  I'm seeing a ton of good games that go for far less than even some of the better sales prices on other sites go for.  They got Mortal Kombat for $1.60!  That's just insane. 

I'm just disappointed with the stuff Steam has on sale, as well as their prices.  And in some cases,  the boxed version of the games are cheaper, even though they have steam keys included.  It just felt very un-Steam.  I'm hoping the Christmas sale will go better.  

Is it just me, or was the Steam sale totally underwhelming? It feels like Steam has done far better sales in the past and this one just didn't live up, or is the Black Friday sale always this disappointing.

I must say that Nuuvem has ridiculous prices. If you can get over the language and currency barrier, they're a great service for games, assuming you don't have any region lock issues. I'm seeing a ton of good games that go for far less than even some of the better sales prices on other sites go for. They got Mortal Kombat for $1.60! That's just insane.

I'm just disappointed with the stuff Steam has on sale, as well as their prices. And in some cases, the boxed version of the games are cheaper, even though they have steam keys included. It just felt very un-Steam. I'm hoping the Christmas sale will go better.
It wasn't a good sale but the biggest Steam sales tend to be the summer sale and the sale around christmas. During those sales, however, you can still come to this forum and see people bitch nonstop even after buying 20 games during it, so everybody wins.

Is it just me, or was the Steam sale totally underwhelming? It feels like Steam has done far better sales in the past and this one just didn't live up, or is the Black Friday sale always this disappointing.
Last year's sale wasn't much different. I remember thinking that it wasn't very good (and not buying much during it.)

anyone know if Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut is like the definitive edition of the game? I havent played the regular Shadowrun game. Does this include it or is it just a stand alone expansion? Want to get it if it includes everything but cant seem to find the info on what exactly it is on the game page. Dont have that long to decide =P

anyone know if Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut is like the definitive edition of the game? I havent played the regular Shadowrun game. Does this include it or is it just a stand alone expansion? Want to get it if it includes everything but cant seem to find the info on what exactly it is on the game page. Dont have that long to decide =P
It does not include the original game Shadowrun Returns, it is basically an expansion that was converted into it's own stand alone game. It's much better in my opinion, the original was a bit of a let down, kind of boring. Dragonfall has a good story and improves on everything from the original. It's worth the $6

It does not include the original game Shadowrun Returns, it is basically an expansion that was converted into it's own stand alone game. It's much better in my opinion, the original was a bit of a let down, kind of boring. Dragonfall has a good story and improves on everything from the original. It's worth the $6
thanks. Just noticed i do have the original on GOG.com. So since i already have it should i play that first or just go ahead and go straight to this one?

Yet another sale where this didn't get any discount at all = another bitterly disappointing sale.

BTW, Is it too early to do the Christmas avatars?
I'm still praying for this to go on sale one day. My Boll collection won't be complete until I get it.

I'm sad I was completely broke and wasn't able to take advantage of the Nuuvem sales. Konami's stuff never goes on sale at Steam. Hopefully we'll get discounts again during December.

I'm still praying for this to go on sale one day. My Boll collection won't be complete until I get it.

I'm sad I was completely broke and wasn't able to take advantage of the Nuuvem sales. Konami's stuff never goes on sale at Steam. Hopefully we'll get discounts again during December.
U sure u can run that game in 1080 60 fps? I think it might be too advanced for your cpu

Is arma 2 worth playing since 3 is out? And I never played any arma game before.
ARMA is a military sim, and a lot of people go into it thinking it will be COD or BF. So for $5 or less you can give the series a try and see if you like it. ARMA2 online servers are still alive and well. You must get ARMA 2 CO though, as virtually every server requires the expansion.

Looks identical to mine, though I admit there were a couple tempting deals. I can just wait til the winter sale when they all recycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back